• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

stuminus3

EB Games dude was "giving me the heads up" that there's no Zombies mode unless I buy the season pass... that's BS, right? Shadows of Evil is in the game out of the box and it's The Giant that's in the season pass?

Randam

It's time for you to get... The steam controller! Seriously it takes a bit to learn since it's so different but once you do it's amazing. I've only been playing with it and easily can play as good as anyone on m/kb. Much faster and more precise than a DS3 could ever be while still having the comfort of being a controller.

https://youtu.be/Xi7BOjzT1ks
Yeah, will try I think.

So anyone having problems too, joining zombies games?

And I can't change my nat type for some reason.

EB Games dude was "giving me the heads up" that there's no Zombies mode unless I buy the season pass... that's BS, right? Shadows of Evil is in the game out of the box and it's The Giant that's in the season pass?

that is correct

game ships with shadows of evil in base game- also has nightmares mode
as a zombies
bonus campaign

edit:season pass is only way to get GIANT Map for zombies mode- that features original WaW voice actors etc (and is kinda cool)

stuminus3

that is correct

game ships with shadows of evil in base game- also has nightmares mode
as a zombies
bonus campaign
Thought so. Those motherfuckers. This is why I don't usually shop in-store anymore. Kid seemed kind of nervous so I presume his instructions came from higher up. Thanks!

jmizzal

Gonna pick this up after work with my target trade in credit

How is the co-op campaign so far?

Also anyway to get nuketown if you didnt preorder?

Mystery

What SMG/AR are you guys fucking with? Not a fan of the first 3 ARs, but I like the Kuda.

XR-2 is love, XR-2 is life.

I can't seem to change my calling card. There's a Treyarch loading animation over it perpetually, and when I hit X on it, it does nothing. Anyone know how to fix this?

aravuus

Decided to make a emblem lol:

You can do a whole lot with 64 layers now!

I made an emblem to reflect my current mood and impression of the game

45b2054cea.jpg

Lol

Seriously though, I'm enjoying the game itself. It's not the best CoD ever, but it's far better than the last two and Nuketown is as fun as ever.

But the performance is seriously annoying. It runs like shit on PC.

a916

What SMG/AR are you guys fucking with? Not a fan of the first 3 ARs, but I like the Kuda.

I'm destroying people with the 3rd AR, just laying waste. I'm hoping to get the semi-automatic one that unlocks later because I have a bad habit of holding down the trigger.

Man, the train sequence really shows how broken realistic mode and how they didn't adjust anything to make it worthwhile.

And I keep getting prompted to use a special ability that kills me because you have to take damage to use it, lol.

Jblanks

Big fan of the Weevil.

P90 is my favourite CoD gun, so it feels right at home.

Also seems like scorestreaks are fairly hard to get, I've only gotten up to the hellstorm twice so far.

The 30fps switch during "cutscenes" is so baffling and is starting to annoy me. Really bad design decision and this never happened in previous titles unless if they were actual cutscenes and not small scripted sequences.

Nokterian

Bullshit because this is treyarch it's all in the game. The giant is only with pre order.

KaoticBlaze

Am I the only one that feels like the MP got less fun since the beta? I REALLY loved it during the beta and played it non stop. It was a blast. Now I'm just having the most frustrating time ever since Ghosts. I literally just want to throw my controller at my TV right now.

Joco

First multiplayer match, laggy as shit. Goddamnit Activision. Cough up the money for dedicated servers already.

U2NUMB

I am going nuts.. I do not have a playlist for Nuketown... nowhere.. I have re downloaded the map multiple times... anyone have this issue? On X1

First multiplayer match, laggy as shit. Goddamnit Activision. Cough up the money for dedicated servers already.
Had that issue last night but I was still downloading campaign mode. After that not one hitch, no lag at all. It's dedicated servers, at least where I'm at. I'm on the ps4, NYC though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
51k concurrent on Steam right now. That is the most for a CoD in a couple years I believe?

Hard to gauge other cods used multiple .exe single player n multiplayer one this is just one exe so numbers would look higher

RedAssedApe

Banned
This snippet from a review made me really want to play the campaign, but the damn PC port seems like crap and I don't have a console. :/

'It’s not a simple and obvious summer blockbuster narrative. Treyarch has written a deep and multi-layered story that is sure to create discussion, and the apogee of the final mission had me thinking back to my entire experience — trying frantically to piece everything together. It’s not that everything is abstract, but certain revelations flip a basic understanding of the story upside down, and past that, everything is thrown into a surging black hole and you are left to question what it means exist and be you. Look at me droning on. I said I wouldn’t talk any more about it, but I just can’t help it. It’s a story that demands to be talked about. Let me know when you finish it, I really want to discuss it further, but for now, I’m going to talk about gameplay.'

what review is this from? seems like the impressions of the campaign are pretty mixed. i've seen both "worse campaign ever!" and one of the best lol

Top Bottom