• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

M.D

I swear if my ears are damaged because of that stupid ass explosion at the end of every freaking nuketown match, I'm gonna sue Activision

Repo Man

Hmm seems theres a new Bribe option in black market now where for 60 keys you get a guaranteed Taunt or a Gesture and its only up till thursday. I wonder if theres going to be a Bribe option at some point for a weapon, kinda doubt it but I didn't think people would be interested in taunts and gestures that much.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
A guaranteed TAUNT or GESTURE?! Joy of joys!! Black Market redeemed! I'm going to spend $500 on codpoints!

Tabby

Hmm seems theres a new Bribe option in black market now where for 60 keys you get a guaranteed Taunt or a Gesture and its only up till thursday. I wonder if theres going to be a Bribe option at some point for a weapon, kinda doubt it but I didn't think people would be interested in taunts and gestures that much.

Yay...?

There should be a taunt where people hold up the new weapons and then smack other people with their wallet.

Got back to this, whats the prefered gun nowadays?

Im beasting with the pharo, any other ones Im not aware are good?

XM Garand from supply drops is a beast.

A guaranteed TAUNT or GESTURE?! Joy of joys!! Black Market redeemed! I'm going to spend $500 on codpoints!
The only stupid dance I want to see added to this game is Harlem Shake as a super legendary that even affects the 2nd and 3rd place players.
That is the extent of caring about them.

Would rather a gear drop, if I didn't have 99% of what I wanted.

Creaking

In better news, here's the gameplay trailer for the new zombies map.

http://youtu.be/qFe5u5JFt_g

Looks like black market weapons will be available in some form.
Now how about the other missing guns?

Looks pretty good overall, though very dark. Hope it's not horrible in split-screen.

Valkrai

In better news, here's the gameplay trailer for the new zombies map.

http://youtu.be/qFe5u5JFt_g

Looks like black market weapons will be available in some form.
Now how about the other missing guns?

Looks pretty good overall, though very dark. Hope it's not horrible in split-screen.

9unfFH5.gif

Hyped

angelic

Banned

What did i say about holding onto the keys..they always put a special or a new content drop a day after you would have spend your stock. Basic, if mercenary, marketing skill. Although i'd argue 60keys is a crap price, just like the people at activision who mistakenly think £89.99 for 11,000 cod points is actual value to anyone not recouping it from a youtube channel.

They've really misjudged their pricing here, and im not surprised they think a taunt or a gesture is something people give a shit about. I was talking about this in telling a pal. 2 years ago, the ghosts end game screen was a score table, a list of points on a background. Obviously activision thought that was dead time, we need to monetise this, what can we do. I know, lets give them little digital soldiers to play dress up, give them quotes and poses, gestures and new hats. They'll spend a fortune on them. And lo and behold, here we are with people spunking money at them for that 10 seconds of screen time every 10 minutes where your little soldier gets to say "you wana go at me? you better bring it" and does a little dance.

COD is a psycho analysts dream, a perfect little storm of marketing, skinner box mechanics, how to treat your audience like a king and scum at the same time. I find it fascinating.

someday

Banned
I've noticed lately that fewer and fewer people are even doing anything during the final screen. I know I don't even though I've gotten some of the newer ones. Truthfully, I think most of them look ridiculous.

Has anyone noticed a whistling sound in some matches? It sounds like something is whizzing past your head, but it seems to happen at random and when it does happen, it happens for the entire match and happens every 10 seconds or so. It's really, really annoying. PS4 btw.

Has anyone noticed a whistling sound in some matches? It sounds like something is whizzing past your head, but it seems to happen at random and when it does happen, it happens for the entire match and happens every 10 seconds or so. It's really, really annoying. PS4 btw.

It's the Shadowclaw crossbow. It's super obnoxious how you can hear it from anywhere on the map. I believe it's a glitch.

Grexeno

"HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME I'M USING THE NX SHADOWCLAW"

It's the Shadowclaw crossbow. It's super obnoxious how you can hear it from anywhere on the map. I believe it's a glitch.

"HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME I'M USING THE NX SHADOWCLAW"

Yeah, you're right, that's exactly what it is. Played another match and killed a guy using it. Noticed the sound for the entire match.

It also seems like matchmaking is horrible tonight. I've been placed in a bunch of matches with level 1's and 2's. Invariably these guys go 0-18 and it's basically impossible to win when they're on my team.

Creaking

Vonderhaar's recent tweets shed a bit of light on overall weapon stats. Apparently the Vesper as it currently stands is under performing and is the "worst" SMG at the moment, which is either measured by average K/D or general use, maybe both. No surprise there. Razorback is also apparently under-performing a bit. Kuda and VMP are unsurprisingly the most popular. The KN-47 is very popular (duh) but not "the most popular". Whether he means the most popular gun or assault rifle specifically, I dunno. M8A7 is the third most popular of the ARs.

Then he retweeted someone saying that nerfing things based on stats is stupid, so...

giphy.gif

Still, he led this all off with a tweet mentioning that he was looking over a weapon balance report with change proposals, so we might be seeing some balance changes to go along with the new DLC. Hope they nerf all the weapons I don't like and buff all the weapons I do like, etc. etc.

Nah, but seriously the Vesper could do with not being awful.

Ensoul

Vonderhaar's recent tweets shed a bit of light on overall weapon stats. Apparently the Vesper as it currently stands is under performing and is the "worst" SMG at the moment, which is either measured by average K/D or general use, maybe both. No surprise there. Razorback is also apparently under-performing a bit. Kuda and VMP are unsurprisingly the most popular. The KN-47 is very popular (duh) but not "the most popular". Whether he means the most popular gun or assault rifle specifically, I dunno. M8A7 is the third most popular of the ARs.

Then he retweeted someone saying that nerfing things based on stats is stupid, so...

giphy.gif

Still, he led this all off with a tweet mentioning that he was looking over a weapon balance report with change proposals, so we might be seeing some balance changes to go along with the new DLC. Hope they nerf all the weapons I don't like and buff all the weapons I do like, etc. etc.

Nah, but seriously the Vesper could do with not being awful.

Guess that is what happens with guns (vesper) when you nerf them to hell and back. Same with the haymakers. I don't remember the last time I saw anybody using one. They made both of these guns useless.

angelic

Banned
He tweeted "goodbye vesper" before he applied the final nerf, of course its the least popular. Had to laugh at the shop..60 keys for a gesture. How long to earn 60 keys on average non 2x cryptos..bloody ages. And you'll get a decal, royal for the vesper, and a wave for ruin who you stopped using in december.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see the stats on the Haymaker, or does the team at Treyarch just ignore shotguns since making them useless?

Ensoul

He tweeted "goodbye vesper" before he applied the final nerf, of course its the least popular. Had to laugh at the shop..60 keys for a gesture. How long to earn 60 keys on average non 2x cryptos..bloody ages. And you'll get a decal, royal for the vesper, and a wave for ruin who you stopped using in december.

MAYBE it would be worth the 60 keys if there was an increased chance of getting a weapon. I don't know who cares enough about gestures to spend 60 keys on them.

I was hoping that at some point soon (and not four days before space ops comes out) there would be a bribe for a weapons crate but does not look like it because God knows how much money people keep pumping in to buy d̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶m̶o̶ keys.

Agent

I'm a little surprised to see the Razorback is slightly under-performing. It's my main "go-to" gun as it just feels really good to me. Certainly once you get past mid-range it drops off quick, but what SMG doesn't. I certainly would welcome a buff, but hope it wouldn't push it into a range that everyone uses it and they nerf it a month later.

Then again maybe I'm just jaded since I enjoy using it and the gun isn't that good.

angelic

Banned
MAYBE it would be worth the 60 keys if there was an increased chance of getting a weapon. I don't know who cares enough about gestures to spend 60 keys on them.

I was hoping that at some point soon (and not four days before space ops comes out) there would be a bribe for a weapons crate but does not look like it because God knows how much money people keep pumping in to buy d̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶m̶o̶ keys.

I totally agree, i'd pay 100 keys for a weapon easy, maybe even 200 - just give me what I want instead of goddamn stealth and dusts. Treyarch know this, they must be raking in the cash from the whales spending 300 dollars. The thing is aswell, every time they add more stuff, it must decrease the chances of weapons. It certainly decreases your duplicate item cashback, because theres 200 useless decals nobody wants, or rare calling cards. Who gives a shit about a calling card! I love watching youtubers doing drop videos desperately praising them...oooh...RARE calling card there, pretty cool! Um, no, you just spent 300 dollars on a jpg you idiot.

angelic

Banned
Useless? Not sure if that's a troll or not, the shotguns wreak havoc!

I agree with him, theyre dodgy even on hardcore. The argus has been ruined - terrible spread and the ADS slug never hits, KRM is clunky, Haymaker shoots straw, Brecci is pretty good but still too many hits required on core.

Ensoul

Useless? Not sure if that's a troll or not, the shotguns wreak havoc!

The gun is way too slow and weak. By the time you're going for your 3rd or 4th hitmarker you're already dead from a faster more powerful weapon. Unless you surprise someone the gun is useless.

I totally agree, i'd pay 100 keys for a weapon easy, maybe even 200 - just give me what I want instead of goddamn stealth and dusts. Treyarch know this, they must be raking in the cash from the whales spending 300 dollars. The thing is aswell, every time they add more stuff, it must decrease the chances of weapons. It certainly decreases your duplicate item cashback, because theres 200 useless decals nobody wants, or rare calling cards. Who gives a shit about a calling card! I love watching youtubers doing drop videos desperately praising them...oooh...RARE calling card there, pretty cool! Um, no, you just spent 300 dollars on a jpg you idiot.

Good points. The odds are so poor in getting a weapon there is no way in hell I'd spend a cent for tokens.

I don't like what Activision is but doing If people continue to hand out absurd amounts of money to play a black ops slot machine who can blame them?

Even though activision is swimming in the cash from supply drops, at least Treyarch is making weapons that have the same stats (melee weapons) or even worse stats (every other actual weapon except the crossbow and Marshall but the crossbow isn't practical and takes skill and the Marshall appears to be getting nerfed soon) than any other actual weapon. The HG40, RSA, and MX are just worst versions of the Kuda, Locus, and Shieva respectively. So at least Treyarch is trying to keep the game balanced by not letting any supply drop weapons get OP.

Repo Man

Thought I'd take 1 for the team and try out one of these "Bribes" for giggles as I'm not overly bothered by the black market weapons, result ? Stealth Camo for Weevil ( a gun I fucking hate btw and luckily have it golded so no need to use it ever )... Verde camo for Man-O-War, you know the ugly as shit greenish camo and last but not least... a "shrug"-boast for outrider. Oh yea and I got 3.. YEAH 3! fucking cryptokeys refunded. On avarage I get a bigger refund opening a regular 30 key chest.

I haven't been taking part in the whole cryptokey complaining as I just see it as an added incentive to play but this Bribe thing is just a load of fucking crap and the fact that you can use the real money points for it too and the results being potentially so utterly fucking lame as mine were is just downright disturbing.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Thought I'd take 1 for the team and try out one of these "Bribes" for giggles as I'm not overly bothered by the black market weapons, result ? Stealth Camo for Weevil ( a gun I fucking hate btw and luckily have it golded so no need to use it ever )... Verde camo for Man-O-War, you know the ugly as shit greenish camo and last but not least... a "shrug"-boast for outrider. Oh yea and I got 3.. YEAH 3! fucking cryptokeys refunded. On avarage I get a bigger refund opening a regular 30 key chest.

I haven't been taking part in the whole cryptokey complaining as I just see it as an added incentive to play but this Bribe thing is just a load of fucking crap and the fact that you can use the real money points for it too and the results being potentially so utterly fucking lame as mine were is just downright disturbing.

Next we'll get a bribe for a guaranteed attachment variant because we don't see enough of those stupid things. Taunts pop up so frequently for me in common/rare supply drops that I don't see the point, especially when you're only guaranteed one with the chance of two shitty, common things.

angelic

Banned
Last time I checked, bribes were for a) something worth having and b) not double the damn value of the transaction. Are they seriously suggesting that 1x bribe drop at 60 is better than 2x rare drops for 30, you're literally getting twice the items, twice the keys back, twice the chance at good items. Its laughable. I thought activision were smart, if they were they could have my money, I would pay for weapons, camos, guaranteed drops, bundles of keys at proper prices, they coulda had a nice little earner from me. But by being absolute mercenaries, guess what, they get a small cut of the game I bought for super cheap on amazon, and my season pass money. Nothing else.

I wonder who else has been sickened by it. Their system is grab the youtube whales and no one else. I dont know anyone who would be seen dead paying £7.99 dollars for 5 rares plus a spare 100 cp, its a joke. I'd pay £7.99 for 25 drops maybe, or 20 with a guaranteed weapon, something like that. Theyre leaving money on the table by pissing everyone off. For ghosts I bought the game on ps3, then on ps4, then the season pass, then a good few sets of dlc camos, I bought the snoop voice pack, they had me as a captive audience and I was happy to buy cosmetics. For blops 3? They have me as someone determined to never pay a single penny for stupid bloody cod points - AND they're worthless in 6 months anyway! blops has about 4 months left of youtube relevance before its seen as old hat and everyone is ready for spacecod. It just blows my mind how dumb activision can be to not know this, or even worse, know it but not fix it.

angelic

Banned
Got my Pharo gold, and now I'm on Prestige 2 and am back to having nothing again lmao

Done my shotgun diamonds, hooray. The argus is a bit of a beast actually, got a hell of a range on hardcore, did the bloodthirsties in no time. Doing headshots with the rk5 now, or rather barely scraping 4 or 5 per game.

Grexeno

Done my shotgun diamonds, hooray. The argus is a bit of a beast actually, got a hell of a range on hardcore, did the bloodthirsties in no time. Doing headshots with the rk5 now, or rather barely scraping 4 or 5 per game.
I wish I could get 4 or 5 headshots a game! I'm lucky to even get 1 since I always go for the body. I'm not anywhere good enough to actually go for headshots.

You are aware that the Argus has the exact same one shot kill range regardless of whether you're playing hardcore or not, right? The only difference is that the hipfire is much more unreliable in core, and that long barrel actually increases your one shot kill range in hardcore (whereas in core it just adds a 2 shot kill range for the Argus, which is stupid. It's better to not run long barrel in core since then you'll always guarantee one shot kills).

Creaking

I've started playing Ground War. Now that I have dark matter, I feel like an old man who has found new life in retirement. No more mucking about with weapons I don't like. I couldn't stand the more concentrated objective game modes-- too easy to get an enemy team that completely locks you down. In Ground War, there's enough chaos to slip by unnoticed and string together lots of kills in between. I still have clueless teammates, but it's a lot more fun. Nearly prestige master and I hadn't gotten anything better than a frenzy kill before I started playing GW. 2 games in and I get my first super kill. Got another one a few games later.

This was a particularly satisfying attacking run in safeguard. Too bad saving the clip ended up crashing the system and kicking me out of the game. I think I'll take that upgraded PS4...

Repo Man

Only the L-Car from pistols and then the SVG-100 sniper to gold and I can go back to playing guns that suit more my style ( SMG's, LMG's and AR's ) on my grind to DM. After those 2 the Sheiva is the only one I sort of dread a little bit as I've tried it a few times in the past and I'm a bit unsure about it.

Bought the game on launch day and just broke the 300hrs played mark too which is quite a bit for someone like me who plays fairly casually and has a bunch of other games competing for attention and I gotta say I aint bored yet, far from it! I've never even prestiged in the past CoD games and I'm on prestige 7 now. Couldn't care less what the haters say, I think this is a brilliant game with lots of bang for your buck.

Daffy Duck

I've started playing Ground War. Now that I have dark matter, I feel like an old man who has found new life in retirement. No more mucking about with weapons I don't like. I couldn't stand the more concentrated objective game modes-- too easy to get an enemy team that completely locks you down. In Ground War, there's enough chaos to slip by unnoticed and string together lots of kills in between. I still have clueless teammates, but it's a lot more fun. Nearly prestige master and I hadn't gotten anything better than a frenzy kill before I started playing GW. 2 games in and I get my first super kill. Got another one a few games later.

This was a particularly satisfying attacking run in safeguard. Too bad saving the clip ended up crashing the system and kicking me out of the game. I think I'll take that upgraded PS4...

I love ground war, it's my favourite mode to play. At least 90% of the time both teams play the objective unlike in domination 6v6 where people don't bother. As you say the chaos that goes on allows you to slip by and get some nice streaks.

I got my calamity calling card on safeguard by sneaking up on a room full of the enemy and gravity spiking them all.

angelic

Banned
I wish I could get 4 or 5 headshots a game! I'm lucky to even get 1 since I always go for the body. I'm not anywhere good enough to actually go for headshots.

Ive said this a few times but put your sensitivity on low, 4 horizontal and 2 vertical so youre always aiming at head level. My record is 20 headshots in a FFA game and that was with the dingo. 4 or 5 is only with the crap guns like the rk5, give me an AR or SMG and i'll give you 15 per game, just aim at head level and forget the body. My attitude doing it is im not trying to win the game, body shots are irrelevant, get those head pops.

You are aware that the Argus has the exact same one shot kill range regardless of whether you're playing hardcore or not, right? The only difference is that the hipfire is much more unreliable in core, and that long barrel actually increases your one shot kill range in hardcore (whereas in core it just adds a 2 shot kill range for the Argus, which is stupid. It's better to not run long barrel in core since then you'll always guarantee one shot kills).

I only use hipfire on it, the slug is useless, I just find it easier for some reason in hardcore because you get your 50 flat damage doing a 1 shot kill every time you hit. Had a load of fun with it, infact all the shotguns are hilarious in hardcore once you stop needing to get headshots or bloodthirsties. I'll be going back to them once I've unlocked all the other stuff.

I find things to be the opposite. For me, Ground War is too hectic and has too many people for me to just slip by and get unnoticed, since there's always someone in the next corner. Plus, Domination is my main mode and it's not guaranteed to show up in Ground War. I just stick to regular 6v6 Domination and that's how I've gotten my chain kill as well as everything else.

Ive said this a few times but put your sensitivity on low, 4 horizontal and 2 vertical so youre always aiming at head level. My record is 20 headshots in a FFA game and that was with the dingo. 4 or 5 is only with the crap guns like the rk5, give me an AR or SMG and i'll give you 15 per game, just aim at head level and forget the body. My attitude doing it is im not trying to win the game, body shots are irrelevant, get those head pops.

I only use hipfire on it, the slug is useless, I just find it easier for some reason in hardcore because you get your 50 flat damage doing a 1 shot kill every time you hit. Had a load of fun with it, infact all the shotguns are hilarious in hardcore once you stop needing to get headshots or bloodthirsties. I'll be going back to them once I've unlocked all the other stuff.

I heavily disagree. The slug is useless for someone who isn't accurate. For somebody like me, who rarely misses with the Argus, the gun is borderline overpowered.

I've stopped using long barrel on my KN I just don't understand what it actually does.

It increases range but not your one shot kill. To my knowledge, you'll get hit markers from farther away (more range), but you won't be killing them in one shot.

Ensoul

I've started playing Ground War. Now that I have dark matter, I feel like an old man who has found new life in retirement. No more mucking about with weapons I don't like.

I feel like that is all I am doing: Mucking around with weapons I don't like: I have two LMG to get gold, three shotguns, all of the sniper rifles, the knife and the pistols. I simply don't think I have enough time to get Dark Matter before Space ops comes out.

I am on the sniper rifles now and I am just doing beyond awful. I played safeguard on infected and I am just flat out going for kills and not the objective. Got 25 kills but I also died 60 times.

I am just not enjoying the game playing with weapons I don't like. It may be time to scrap my goal of going for dark matter.

Repo Man

I am on the sniper rifles now and I am just doing beyond awful. I played safeguard on infected and I am just flat out going for kills and not the objective. Got 25 kills but I also died 60 times.

25 kills isn't half bad and I'm guessing they were mostly 1 shot kills which is solid progress on the first bunch of camos but 60 deaths suggests that you're doing something wrong and perhaps unnecessarily feeding the enemy team killstreaks.

Ensoul

25 kills isn't half bad and I'm guessing they were mostly 1 shot kills which is solid progress on the first bunch of camos but 60 deaths suggests that you're doing something wrong and perhaps unnecessarily feeding the enemy team killstreaks.

They were (mostly) one shot kills. What I am doing wrong is using the sniper rifles to begin with lol. I just may not have the patience to camp and wait around for people to come running to me. I am close to getting the 100 one shot kills though. Overall it's a grind and I die a lot.

angelic

Banned
I heavily disagree. The slug is useless for someone who isn't accurate. For somebody like me, who rarely misses with the Argus, the gun is borderline overpowered.

I find that suprising, the slug is basically 1 dot of pellet, but the spread is much wider. As long as some of that spread hits you get the kill, not like old cods where its 5 damage per pellet of 15 or whatever and you need a lot to connect. It stands to reason a big spread is easier to use, the slug is like a mini sniper and it seems to dissapear into the ether when I use it.

angelic

Banned
They were (mostly) one shot kills. What I am doing wrong is using the sniper rifles to begin with lol. I just may not have the patience to camp and wait around for people to come running to me. I am close to getting the 100 one shot kills though. Overall it's a grind and I die a lot.

guess what im gona say. hardcore mode, camp. every shot is a 1 shot, should take you 2 hours at most.

On the KN(and all ARs), it doubles every single range. It's awesome on ARs, nearly useless on shotguns and SMGs.

I need to apologize for my previous post, I confused the KN44 with the KRM. For the KN44, refer to the post that is quoted here. For the KRM, refer to my previous post.

I find that suprising, the slug is basically 1 dot of pellet, but the spread is much wider. As long as some of that spread hits you get the kill, not like old cods where its 5 damage per pellet of 15 or whatever and you need a lot to connect. It stands to reason a big spread is easier to use, the slug is like a mini sniper and it seems to dissapear into the ether when I use it.

Perhaps, but if you're going for spread and hip fire kills, the KRM is superior in every regard. The Argus is meant to be used for its slug and not its spread. The reason the slug disappears is because you're outside of range. With time, you get to know how much range you have, and once you know that all you'll get are one shot kills if you don't miss.

Top Bottom