• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Repo Man

Doing some of the hero armor challenges and the Rejack one is doing my head in hard. Its good that it pop's up a lot with Overclock but nowadays people know what to look for when you rejack so its really hard to do it. The cloud effect is so obvious I wish they made it a bit more subtle, gonna try and run with Cold Blooded so that way atleast I won't light up in thermal like a christmas tree.

Ensoul

Doing some of the hero armor challenges and the Rejack one is doing my head in hard. Its good that it pop's up a lot with Overclock but nowadays people know what to look for when you rejack so its really hard to do it. The cloud effect is so obvious I wish they made it a bit more subtle, gonna try and run with Cold Blooded so that way atleast I won't light up in thermal like a christmas tree.

It is hard and the problem is 95% of the time people will just sit there waiting for you to rejack and shoot you again. The only thing rejacked is good for is it helps getting the bloodthirys for the camo, that is assuming you were killed from a distance.

I have the hero armor for the Spectre and the Ruin but at this point don't care too much about the other classes. It's just too much work getting 4 glitch kills in a game, or 6 kills in one game with the swarm etc.

The Giant is such a great map, aged like wine. I'd love to see another Rezurrection DLC except with remakes from Black Ops/BO2

Also would have loved a Moon remake with that loading screen they hinted at
RIP Griffin Station D:
It's funny cause most of the zombie streamers on Twitch have said The Giant is their favorite map so far.

Repo Man

It is hard and the problem is 95% of the time people will just sit there waiting for you to reject and shoot you again. The only thing rejacked is good for is it helps getting the bloodthirys for the camo, that is assuming you were killed from a distance.

I have the hero armor for the Spectre and the Ruin but at this point don't care too much about the other classes. It's just too much work getting 4 glitch kills in a game, or 6 kills in one game with the swarm etc.

Yea funny that, after my rant I went and got the rejack challenge done and all I can say is THANK FUCK!. Don't think I'll ever touch the Nomad again when or if I get the Hive challenge done. My next shitty one I plan to do is the Glitch challenge but I'm not expecting it to be quite as bad as the Rejack one.

OrochiJR

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but with today's release of the Eclipse DLC on Xbox One I noticed that the Awakening playlist is gone. How can you play on the Awakening maps now? Are they found among the ordinary maps in the normal playlists? But wouldn't that mean that the playerbase is segregated into various groups which can only be matched and play among themselves like season pass owners, non-DLC users, only-certain-packs-of-DLC users? Am I overlooking something here?

Valkrai

It's funny cause most of the zombie streamers on Twitch have said The Giant is their favorite map so far.

Well it is a remake of one of the best (if not the best) zombie maps in the series so it's not surprising that it has that amount of love.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but with today's release of the Eclipse DLC on Xbox One I noticed that the Awakening playlist is gone. How can you play on the Awakening maps now? Are they found among the ordinary maps in the normal playlists? But wouldn't that mean that the playerbase is segregated into various groups which can only be matched and play among themselves like season pass owners, non-DLC users, only-certain-packs-of-DLC users? Am I overlooking something here?

IIRC it should be added into the normal playlists now and should come up if people in the lobby have the DLC.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

The Awakening stuff was added into regular map rotation when it was released. You were already being matched with Awakening only players for the most part I believe.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I am new in this topic i know, anyway i have a question.

How i can be over the 55 level in Black Ops III? Cause i know the max is 1000, but i really don't know how i can surpass the 55. :(

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I am new in this topic i know, anyway i have a question.

How i can be over the 55 level in Black Ops III? Cause i know the max is 1000, but i really don't know how i can surpass the 55. :(

You have to prestige 10 times first, then after that you go past 55.

Ensoul

So is the 75 wins for 10 rare chests and a weapons bribe a one time thing?

I opened the chests and ended up with camo and taunts. My weapons bribe was a wrench which was disappointing but expected.

At this point my interest is fading fast with this game. The weapons chests are complete carrots on sticks and I am not really enjoying going for DM camo.

Ensoul

So the 75 wins challenge is a one time thing which is disappointing. Out of all the chests I have opened I have 4 weapons to show for it. Wrench & sniper rife (bribe chest) and The crowbar and some other other knife. (rare chest)

So yeah, three knife skins and a sniper rife which I ill never use.

kuYuri

What the fuck. I opened two rare supply drops and then the game errored both times while opening. I lost my keys spent and got nothing out of it. :|

EDIT: Oh never mind, I thought I opened the chest and got duplicates for a minute, heh. False alarm. >.>

Daffy Duck

I still cannot use the vesper at all.

It's impossible to get into a close enough range to make the gun useful as people just outgun me before I can get closer.

Thanks for nerfing it to shit Treyarch.

I've tried it with the supposed improved optics of Varix/recon too and it makes no difference. It still just spits out hit markers.

Two questions:

How long is the Nightmares campaign? And is it that much different/required playing?

Also, would anyone like 500 Call of Duty points for the Xbox One version? I got a code.

Toa TAK

Banned
Two questions:

How long is the Nightmares campaign? And is it that much different/required playing?

Also, would anyone like 500 Call of Duty points for the Xbox One version? I got a code.
Nightmare is recycled out of order campaign that's even more boring due to lack of enemy variety and a boring voiceover that takes the place of the typical story. There aren't any new assists beyond the zombies. It's a waste of time don't bother.

It DID have a cool trailer, though.

And I would, please!

Repo Man

I still cannot use the vesper at all.

It's impossible to get into a close enough range to make the gun useful as people just outgun me before I can get closer.

Thanks for nerfing it to shit Treyarch.

I've tried it with the supposed improved optics of Varix/recon too and it makes no difference. It still just spits out hit markers.

Imo the VMP is the new Vesper. I never were overly crazy about the VMP but hese days it just kicks ass.

Nightmare is recycled out of order campaign that's even more boring due to lack of enemy variety and a boring voiceover that takes the place of the typical story. There aren't any new assists beyond the zombies. It's a waste of time don't bother.

It DID have a cool trailer, though.

And I would, please!

Thanks. I did play it for about 30 minutes, but didn't progress too far. It was right after beating the campaign.

I'll get you that code. Just need to find it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Thanks. I did play it for about 30 minutes, but didn't progress too far. It was right after beating the campaign.

I'll get you that code. Just need to find it.
Yeah, it's a bit disappointing considering it's the first Zombie campaign, but I think the current story driven route they have right now fills that void quite nicely.

And no biggie if you can't find it. :)

Ducarmel

Finally grinded out the black market contract. Last 5 wins were a lot easier then the first 5.

Got MVP out of weapon bribe

Nothing of note from the 10 rares

Had 350 key decided to spend them and got fury song.

So far only melee weapons out of the black market for me, my only other drop is brass knuckles.

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing considering it's the first Zombie campaign, but I think the current story driven route they have right now fills that void quite nicely.

And no biggie if you can't find it. :)

I set it aside, but now I can't figure out where I put it. I just had it last night.

Sorry for the delay.

Agent

Decided to try and level up the RSA Interdiction since it was Double XP weekend. Initially it was pretty brutal because it was a hit marker machine and the sway on it was bad. Once I unlocked Ballistics CPU / Varix it made leveling up much faster and easier to control. I also put on Fast Mags and FMJ and it helped it out. I wouldn't use it over any other sniper on a regular basis, but it turned into a fun gun to use once I got the hang of it.

I got the FFAR this morning. I'd say after playing a few games with it, it's probably the second best supply drop weapon, with the Marshal 16 being the best one.

Toa TAK

Banned
I set it aside, but now I can't figure out where I put it. I just had it last night.

Sorry for the delay.
Don't even sweat it.

I'm just happy you steered clear of that lame campaign (can't even decide which one is worse. I guess the main one, as the level of absurdity isn't as offensive).

Ok nevermind, the FFAR is pretty bad. Haha

The HVK-30 is far better in all areas with the exception of fire rate, as it shoots a bit more slowly.

Man a lot of these DLC guns need a buff. The FFAR is the worst assault rifle in the game. Though the MX Garand with its ammo/reload issues and its inferiority to the Sheiva make it a contender too. They all need a buff with the exception of the Marshal 16 in my opinion. (Not counting the NX Shadowclaw, and the L4 Siege in the gun category.)

Overboost

So is the 75 wins for 10 rare chests and a weapons bribe a one time thing?

More to come presumably, along with Daily and Weekly Contracts: https://community.activision.com/t5...ty-Black-Ops-3-Season-Pass-Bonus/ba-p/9925361

"Coming soon, players will be able to complete other challenges in the form of Daily and Weekly Black Market Contracts for in-game rewards - stay tuned for more in the coming weeks. Best of all, Black Market Contracts are independent of the Season Pass Bonus, giving Season Pass holders a chance to effectively double their number of Weapon Bribes and Rare Supply Drops."

Top Bottom