• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

keezy

VMR is basically the Speakeasy from AW. Thing is unstoppable.

Can't really find a decent game on PS4. Lag is horrific.

My brother can't get any games in zombies 0_o , it just errors out after searching for games and analyzing

Is it only us or is anyone else having problems

Xbox one version too

jorgejjvr

Wow I got quite the game play!!

I went around 17-0 before my first death, with some crazy kills xD ended up getting my raps twice!! Just wish it could have given me more kills tho

Will upload soon

GravyButt

Are you in the Multiplayer menu? Clicking Options for me brings up a new menu that has Identity, Challenges, etc. Paintshop is under Identity in the lower left corner.
Ahh that worked now. I had to close the game and restart. For some reason it wasn't working before. Thanks man!

I tried using the Weville but man it has crappy range..Back to the Kuda <3.

Anyone down for some Zombies in a few? This'll be my first time trying

Jon

Sorry, this is going to be dumb question - but are both the campaign and zombies 4-player co-op online, or are they 4 player local only? I read the OP, and the OP states "4 player local, and 2 player online" for zombies. Thanks!

Tovarisc

Did Fallout 4's PC preload just take major shit on Blops 3's MP? Suddenly all lobbies are 150-200+ ms in latency, for all players in lobbies. Insane amounts of warping around.

This game is fantastic. My favourite Call of Duty game in years.

The campaign is very solid, Nightmares is a huge bonus which is fun too, and the multiplayer is phenomenal. Then there's Dead Ops II and Zombies, if the latter is your bag.

I really love wall run kills. I feel like the extra movements in this game are moire well thought out than AW. I feel like, however, Activisions plan of using different teams is working out very well. At this point AW and Black Ops 3 are very different games with different pros and cons.

Kalentan

What is this about?

Are there no black people in the game? Are there any Asians, or Hispanics?

There is. It's just the player character can only be white male or white female. But there are black, asian, and hispanics. In fact there's 2 asian female playable characters in the MP and a black male as well.

Anybody having issues getting people to join your party?

Had this problem with the beta, keeps saying lobby is not joinable. PS4 btw

EDIT: None of my friends can join anyone now. What the hell? Party is open

a harpy

Sorry if this has already been talked about, but is the game 1080/60 on Xbox One like it is on PS4? Or is it 900p like the beta? I can't find solid information on this anywhere and it's not in the OP either.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Unable to join a Zombie game all day, XBONE.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
My dad picked it up for my little brother. I sneaked in a bit of gameplay. I played the first mission, and I must say I actually am enjoying it. I guess since I had low expectations. I'm excited to play split-screen with my brother on the PS4.

I don't think I've played every map yet, I might have, but it's disappointing that every map is daytime/sunny. Give me some night maps, give me some cloudy with rain or snow, something.

t0rment

Sorry if this has already been talked about, but is the game 1080/60 on Xbox One like it is on PS4? Or is it 900p like the beta? I can't find solid information on this anywhere and it's not in the OP either.

unlikely, some people took screenshots and it's blurrier on the xbone.
So whats up the ps4 version? Is the framerate chuggin or not?

apparently only on campaign, mp is fine for me.

Its one of those installs that tricks you into thinking the game is ready but when you boot it up, only 1 part is. I can play Zombies but everything else is blocked off with no indication of when it'll be ready :(
Press the options button when you're at the Black Ops icon in the PS4 menu and go to information, download status should be there.

aravuus

Started playing around 12 hours ago

6704c70c51.jpg

So yeah, been a slow day and the game's pretty fun. My fingers are starting to hurt.

PS4 multiplayer is a lagfest right now, at least for me. Ping times are atrocious. Not my network either as when I run a speed test I'm seeing like 20ms pings and I'm on a 100/50 connection.

Why on earth is local and online campaign separate progress? I started offline last night and just went to rejoin my game but because I was online it wanted me to start from scratch again.

a harpy

unlikely, some people took screenshots and it's blurrier on the xbone.

It definitely looks blurry to me which is why I asked. I won't complain eitherway because I got it as part of that free game promotion and it HAD to be the Xbone version. It's really pretty on the PS4, though. This is the first game I've played that might not be a full 1080 for this generation, and if it's not, well, I see why people complain about resolution. It's very noticeable if that is what is causing the blurry picture.

Alienous

If you happen to be playing this with a wireless connection, particularly on a PS4, don't. Wireless connections on the PS4 are shit. I just switched over to a wired connection, as I often forget to do, and it's like a different game. I'm not winning every firefight, but I'm winning the ones I should and losing the ones I shouldn't.

brau

If you happen to be playing this with a wireless connection, particularly on a PS4, don't. Wireless connections on the PS4 are shit. I just switched over to a wired connection, as I often forget to do, and it's like a different game. I'm not winning every firefight, but I'm winning the ones I should and losing the ones I shouldn't.

I always go for Wired for gaming. Wireless just causes too much trouble. Specially with other devices pairing up to the same connection.

rainy_day

Anybody having issues getting people to join your party?

Had this problem with the beta, keeps saying lobby is not joinable. PS4 btw

EDIT: None of my friends can join anyone now. What the hell? Party is open

Happening to ne too on ps4. Our NATs are switching from open to moderate randomly.

Assuming day 1 issues. But atleast no lag on ps4. Ill take it.

Why on earth is local and online campaign separate progress? I started offline last night and just went to rejoin my game but because I was online it wanted me to start from scratch again.
And why can't you use your existing loadouts in Combat Immersion? And why can't I modify my loadout from loadout selection rather than having to bring up the loadout menus in that one spot in the HQ? And why can't I examine my unlocks after each mission that lays them all out like cards? And why does the Data Vault browser require you to manually scroll down with the cursor to fully view everything? There is so much unused space there they could have fit everything on one screen but it looks like they purposefully decided that you had to scroll it for some weird reason.

The structure of this game is very weird.

The collectibles are also telegraphed at such a long range that you never have to seek them out. You'll be informed you're near one if you're anywhere in the general area. Between that and an everpresent objective marker there is almost no reward for exploration.

Top Bottom