• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Deception

Halo 5 might have spoiled me but the wait time in between the end of the match and the beginning of a new one seems soooo long.

After 2 levels in the campaign, the impression so far is underwhelming. Still the same quirks of every AAA shooter in the last years, specially in harder levels in which seems these games focus too much in making you so vulnerable, that you are playing the turtle game of hiding and shooting before dying after a few shots.

The worst is that makes all the traversal options pretty much moot in this context.

Dosn't help that the plot is laughable in the worst sense, I wonder if COD devs are so self aware of it that is on purpose at this point.

I think I'll start the MP soon.

Wow, the shotguns in the game suck. They fall into two categories:

- pump/lever action shotguns with way too short a 1HK range to justify their slow fire rate

- full/semi auto shotguns that literally can't 1HK and don't have any actual TTK advantage at close range

Fuck all the dipshits that complained about shotguns being OP in BO2. Thanks to them the shotguns are now useless.
Really? I've never really had great success with shotguns in COD, but as people had been praising the Haymaker in this I gave it a go and did rather well. Not as good as a pimped out Striker in MW3 that is probably the only other shotgun I can use without having a terrible game, but I've yet to pimp out the Haymaker.

Anyone down for some Domination on PS4? Feel free to add me so we can get some games going: Espanajefff

Are launchers not leveling up? I feel like this same problem happened in BO2. Been using it on every class but it's still level 1.

Alienous

PS3/X360 version not getting SP, thus the no "content for old gen".

Is quite clever actually.

But it doesn't have 'No content', it has 'Cut content' or 'Less content'.

And 'No Country for Old Men' has no connection to Call of Duty. Compare that to Advance Warfare's OT title, 'House of CODs', and that's a play on 'House of Cards', which features Kevin Spacey, but also a play on how Kevin Spacey's character in that show would pronounce 'cards'.

I was sure I was missing a deeper meaning with this OT title. I guess not.

And 'No Country for Old Men' has no connection to Call of Duty. Compare that to Advance Warfare's OT title, 'House of CODs', and that's a play on 'House of Cards', which features Kevin Spacey, but also a play on how Kevin Spacey's character in that show would pronounce 'cards'.

You are over-thinking this.

DJKhaled

Not finding a single game on the nuketown playlist. Is this real life?

cant even find where the nuketown playlist is, it wont show up in my game even though i have it downloaded

oh wow

I got paged last time so I'm asking again: is there a NeoGAF PS community for this? It would make partying up for competitive and zombies easier.

aravuus

Wow, the shotguns in the game suck. They fall into two categories:

- pump/lever action shotguns with way too short a 1HK range to justify their slow fire rate

- full/semi auto shotguns that literally can't 1HK and don't have any actual TTK advantage at close range

Fuck all the dipshits that complained about shotguns being OP in BO2. Thanks to them the shotguns are now useless.

I've been doing fairly well with the Haymaker

cant even find where the nuketown playlist is, it wont show up in my game even though i have it downloaded

It's under Bonus

First year in a while I didn't instantly regret it and am really glad I actually bought it!

I liked the MP beta, had a lot of fun. I hope that lasts for a while so I can come back to this game in a few years time like I do with Treyarch's other CoD games, and I don't come to regret this one like I did with MW3, Ghosts, and AW.

Download is almost done so we'll see.

Klyka

Banned
Easily the best MP offering since Blops2 (maybe better)

But I don't understand why Treyarch decided to have melee not be a one hit kill.

It is a one hit kill from full health to the SIDE and the BACK.
it is a two hit kill from full health to the FRONT

HiiiLife

I've gotten way too many hit markers center mass with the leverage shotty and bolt action sniper to ever use them again. Absolutely ridiculous.

I feel I had better luck with the ICR aka the ACR off MW2. But that's not saying much.

BashNasty

After 2 levels in the campaign, the impression so far is underwhelming. Still the same quirks of every AAA shooter in the last years, specially in harder levels in which seems these games focus too much in making you so vulnerable, that you are playing the turtle game of hiding and shooting before dying after a few shots.

The worst is that makes all the traversal options pretty much moot in this context.

I'm playing the campaign on recruit and it's a good time. Started off on normal (whatever that's called) and was having the same problems, you just die too quickly to hitscan weapons, so you have to constantly pop in and out of cover. Popping in and out of cover is not how I want to play the game, I wanna go Rambo and have a good time. Recruit enables that play style and I STILL die a fair amount, so it's not too easy at all.

Why people subject themselves to playing hitscan shooters on higher difficulties I will never know. I ain't got time or desire to be repeating the same section 10 times before I move on.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, if you are in a campaign mission and the host disconnects, you lose all progress.

Yeah, I guess I'm just going to play solo through the campaign. That really sucks.

Tankshell

Wow you guys were right, campaign is really really janky. First COD I have ever considered just giving up on. Also, has hard locked my pc 3 times tonight in 3 hours! What a turd.

TheDanger

Banned
I entered the nuke town code a day before release, I can't download it though, the only add on is the season pass and it's not in the list in custom games. Did I screw up by entering it on the PS desktop site?

aravuus

Finally got into a Ground War lobby, this is a lot of fun. They better move it to core real soon though or this'll be the last time.

Wasp

So I go to play multiplayer for the first time, select Free For All and hope the spawns are an improvement from the previous games...

First spawn of the match and I start INSIDE an enemy like a goddamn fetus in fetu. During the match start countdown all I can see is my enemy's molars filling up my screen. We both spawned on the exact same spot.

Boston

Very first game I get in at 12 lastnight, within 30 seconds, two 12 year olds start fighting, dropping N bombs left and right. Never change xbox live... Never change.

psychotron

Told my wife I had to pick up the game after work. She says she's out and will get it for me. Pre-ordered PS4 version, come home to find they gave her the XBone version. Should have just handled it myself. Fuck!

Alienous

Told my wife I had to pick up the game after work. She says she's out and will get it for me. Pre-ordered PS4 version, come home to find they gave her the XBone version. Should have just handled it myself. Fuck!

I would have screamed "This one doesn't have enough P's" and thrown the case across the room.

MattyG

Banned
Just log back in the game, and now my campaign progress is reset. What?

The first mission is so dull to even attempt to do again so late. lol.
That happened to me this morning. Turns out it's because I played offline last night, and then went online when I got on this morning. Apparently there's 2 separate campaign save states, one for online and one for offline.

Don't know if this is your issue or not though.

Wasp

Just log back in the game, and now my campaign progress is reset. What?

The first mission is so dull to even attempt to do again so late. lol.
Same here.

I was forced to play the campaign offline yesterday as the servers were down. I go to continue today now that the servers are up and I have two options:

1. Start a new campaign from scratch, this time connected to the servers.
2. Select Start Local Game and continue my progress but forever have to play campaign offline, missing out on the online advantages whatever they are.

It's really weird how campaign when connected online and campaign when not online are two completely separate save files with nothing transferring from one to the other.

thenexus6

New zombie map looks huge (I saw people play the one in the city?). I wish you could run about without the zombies just to explore everything.

AHA-Lambda

I'm with you, House of CoDs was clever, this isn't.

Top Bottom