• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Alienous

Why on earth is local and online campaign separate progress? I started offline last night and just went to rejoin my game but because I was online it wanted me to start from scratch again.

Tell the campaign to go fuck itself and just unlock all the campaign missions (select a locked mission in the selection menu). You have to complete all of the missions to get whatever bonuses you get for completing them all, but you can just continue from where you lost progress and go back if you care to.

J_Viper

If you happen to be playing this with a wireless connection, particularly on a PS4, don't. Wireless connections on the PS4 are shit. I just switched over to a wired connection, as I often forget to do, and it's like a different game. I'm not winning every firefight, but I'm winning the ones I should and losing the ones I shouldn't.

Wireless here.

I've got no trouble with either this or Destiny, but for some reason, my NAT type here is Strict and I have no idea why that is. Especially considering every other online game I play has an open NAT type

hawk2025

These maps, you guys.

It (almost) makes me forget the big disappointment so far with the campaign. They are so fun to get the hang of and play in.

Asking for new page:
Is there any way to check install progress on PS4? Running off of a disc and the game has been "currently installing multiplayer" for over 4 hours... 2 friends are in the same position. Quite possibly the worst launch I have seen since Master Chief Collection.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Asking for new page:
Is there any way to check install progress on PS4? Running off of a disc and the game has been "currently installing multiplayer" for over 4 hours... 2 friends are in the same position. Quite possibly the worst launch I have seen since Master Chief Collection.

go to your notifications and check the tab that says downloads. it should show you the progress

aravuus

So that chatter after mp matches is pretty cringe worthy lol

I hate every single voiced line from the game aside from "Attack, attack, ATTACK!" followed by "How does that work? Attack once, then attack some more?" or something. That was funny.

But not funny enough, turned the voices off after a couple of matches.

hawk2025

Asking for new page:

This is weird. My full install went by in less than an hour, including downloading and installation of the patch and everything.

Not sure how to check installation progress, sorry. Some devs put it right on the screen, but I suppose Treyarch did not?

Klyka

Banned
This game is fun as fuck.

Sure I suck at it, but whatevs.

I also made this:

B66F18D20F91DE706556A4FF91E78B8162C22BB5
cause I am a god damn nerd.

Also, dedicated servers....oh man, it feels so good

go to your notifications and check the tab that says downloads. it should show you the progress

This is weird. My full install went by in less than an hour, including downloading and installation of the patch and everything.

Not sure how to check installation progress, sorry. Some devs put it right on the screen, but I suppose Treyarch did not?

Patch is fully downloaded and has been after about an hour. Everything is good to go by the looks of it except I simply can't play campaign or multiplayer and there's no progress bar anywhere. Really weird.

Anilusion

How is the game on PC? I was watching a streamer earlier today and the only mode he could get into was TDM. Is the game already dead?

hawk2025

Patch is fully downloaded and has been after about an hour. Everything is good to go by the looks of it except I simply can't play campaign or multiplayer and there's no progress bar anywhere. Really weird.

I'm gonna guess something went wrong.

Are you installing off the disc?

I received the disc yesterday around 9PM, and before 10PM I was playing the multiplayer, so if it's disc-based it should definitely have installed by now.

If you are downloading, it may be that it's still getting the other 20+ GB needed. I think you can check the size of the file to see how far along it is -- I believe the full game with patch is around 40GB on PS4.

Edit: Nevermind, you already said you are running off a disc and fully patched. Yep, something went wrong, sorry. Check how much space you have left on the HDD first, otherwise you may need to delete and install again :( :(

Asking for new page:

Weird, I just got the PS4 disc version and multiplayer was done installing after 3 rounds of zombies. So maybe 30 mins or so? Do you have enough space? Maybe something else going on in the background?

I'm gonna guess something went wrong.

Are you installing off the disc?

I received the disc yesterday around 9PM, and before 10PM I was playing the multiplayer, so if it's disc-based it should definitely have installed by now.

If you are downloading, it may be that it's still getting the other 20+ GB needed. I think you can check the size of the file to see how far along it is -- I believe the full game with patch is around 40GB on PS4.

Yup its off the disc. Same thing is happening to two of my friends which is bizarre if this is a rare issue. Considering deleting the disc install and trying again but don't want to redownload that mammoth patch... any way to do one without the other?

brau

How is the game on PC? I was watching a streamer earlier today and the only mode he could get into was TDM. Is the game already dead?

I played for 3 hrs this morning. Had a lot of fun. From SP, to MP, to Coop campaign. The only mode i could not find a game to join was Zombies. :(

MP was tons of fun, and level seemed pretty even.

hawk2025

Yup its off the disc. Same thing is happening to two of my friends which is bizarre if this is a rare issue. Considering deleting the disc install and trying again but don't want to redownload that mammoth patch... any way to do one without the other?

Wait, try one more thing: You might have been sitting on the menu all this time, so try closing the game completely through Close the App and then launch it again.

Halo 5 is a giant MEH, how are you guys liking it? Thinking of buying it...

I love the multiplayer so far and it's a surprise to me, but the campaign is a large disappointment. Haven't tried Zombies yet.

drotahorror

These connection interrupted things have got to be fixed. Why doesn't it just migrate hosts? Instead it lags out for 60sec and then boots you back to main menu.

ecurbj

Can I go into a GameStop and buy the hardened edition? I didn't preorder

I'd check the online in store checker and see if any in your area have some. Seemed like each store in my area ended up with three extras. That's how I got mine last night.
I went to one store for the midnight launch after the disaster I had at Best Buy. One of the GS reps said they didn't have any despite the online store checker saying they had them in stock. I then went this morning to two stores that also said *In Stock* and found out they were sold out. I called one before work and that particular store was sold out.

I really want the Hardened Edition. But not having any luck. There are several others in my area telling me *In Stock* but I feel like they are going to say "sold out". Why have the store inventory tracker show "In Stock" when they really are sold out? Confusing as Hell.

jediyoshi

Why on earth is local and online campaign separate progress? I started offline last night and just went to rejoin my game but because I was online it wanted me to start from scratch again.

It's absurd, but you can still play your local campaign, they're both accessible regardless of your online status.

Weird was in the middle of a domination game then appears to change to a new game of team death match then finally connection error

viHuGi

Banned
Trying to figure them out... seems that when you filter All and All duration it focuses on you and then only gives you so many beyond that... on X1 it ends at 384,192 but again it could be even more as it stops scrolling.

Also seems many have the problem with Nuk3town on X1..

https://twitter.com/xboxsupport/status/662684383455776768

Hum that´s probably not the end of the lb, Cod has a strong following on Xbox, it will do insane im pretty sure.

BokehKing

Banned
Completely lost on what to do in shadow of evil, and I like it

Zombies seem tougher too

Going to keep playing just to hit level 2

Marvel

could never
Might be my favorite campaign yet, nearing the end. Will complete tomorrow as I need a break.

Fantastic stuff, Treyarch have nailed what I want.

Not a fan of the thrusting, and movement in general. Creates too much chaotic randomness, makes strong positions on the map somewhat worthless, and fucks up spawns.

I wish they'd done away with that stuff. It much better than advanced warfare, but I'd have preferred a Black ops 2 style movement system, maybe just keeping the fast mantling/clambering, and the slide.

Not to mention the horrendous lag compensation that has been present in each game since the original Black Ops.

Jblanks

I was looking at the challenges, and it shows me only having 3/10 war machine kills, when I've probably gotten over 50.. must be broken or something.

Wow, the shotguns in the game suck. They fall into two categories:

- pump/lever action shotguns with way too short a 1HK range to justify their slow fire rate

- full/semi auto shotguns that literally can't 1HK and don't have any actual TTK advantage at close range

Fuck all the dipshits that complained about shotguns being OP in BO2. Thanks to them the shotguns are now useless.

Naudi

Banned
Just picked up a copy at red box, installing now. Never tried zombies before and I want to see what all the hype is about . Wish me luck!

a916

Easily the best MP offering since Blops2 (maybe better)

But I don't understand why Treyarch decided to have melee not be a one hit kill.

I think I prefer AW movement. I'm the kind of player who just likes to run around randomly the whole time with a shotgun, so it was a perfect fit. About the only thing I use in this is the wall run

Top Bottom