• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the co-op in the campaign local by any chance?

Makes me sad that nowadays friends/cousins are better off staying in their own houses if we want to play games together :(
Yes it is. There's split screen and even LAN options for every mode including campaign.

Gragen

I feel like I've reached the point with the multiplayer this year where I can't even be mad at how bad I suck. In previous years I used to get frustrated just trying to stay a little above 1.0 so I could feel like I'm contributing something to the team. So far today I'm nowhere near 1.0 and I can't even be bothered to care. It's still fun but maybe I'll find it even more fun if I can just let go of the stress.

So yeah I'm that guy on your team near or at the bottom of the leaderboard, possibly costing the team a win. Sorry!

Lol same.

Enosh

Open port UDP 3074 if you have moderate NAT
might eb the wrong place to ask, but I have no idea how the fuck to open ports on my router, I did this but it's still moderate, did I do anything wrong? should I do anything different?

http://shrani.si/f/3S/M/2qFgeBAk/hgbhgv.png

don't mind port configuration, that's the place where you set up what the ethernet cable ports on the device itself are for

I mean, it finds games no problem atm but it's still kinda bugging me -.-

rakka

I feel like I've reached the point with the multiplayer this year where I can't even be mad at how bad I suck. In previous years I used to get frustrated just trying to stay a little above 1.0 so I could feel like I'm contributing something to the team. So far today I'm nowhere near 1.0 and I can't even be bothered to care. It's still fun but maybe I'll find it even more fun if I can just let go of the stress.

So yeah I'm that guy on your team near or at the bottom of the leaderboard, possibly costing the team a win. Sorry!

Don't worry lol, wins are all the more satisfying if you carry a bunch of teammates going negative ^_^

I'm kinda crappy now coming from almost 2KD in BLOPS2 but I can see my progress for sure.

Situational awareness in this game actually helps string together many many kills, unlike the clusterfuck that is halo 5. Sad coming from massively enjoying past halos. YMMV

Also, whoever shoots first wins in BLOPS3 my ass lol. The game rewards accuracy.

if anyone wants to party up on ps4 and play shadows of evil add me!
Ultima09
Im on now and dying to find some easter eggs and get to high rounds!

PS: please use your mic

Jblanks

Also don't understand how it picks the top 3 at the end of a game.

Just got a draw and finished top by far on both teams, and all 3 players it showed was from their team. There's also been times when players from both teams are shown. Weird.

rakka

Aren't LMGs always OP though and at the same time slow? They're easy targets

Whenever someone kills me with an lmg in cod I get fuckin annoyed haha, all part of the fun

rakka

How's splitscreen SP?

Horrible :( frame rate, detail etc

Looks worse than a last gen game, eg blops 2 in splitscreen.

MP is a lil better but they really have to fix the tiny text issue (which also exists in SP). Feels a little rushed as text size shouldn't be due to graphical limitations

Alienous

Horrible :( frame rate, detail etc

Looks worse than a last gen game, eg blops 2 in splitscreen.

MP is a lil better but they really have to fix the tiny text issue (which also exists in SP). Feels a little rushed as text size shouldn't be due to graphical limitations

That wasn't my experience. It looked surprisingly good considering that it was split-screen. The performance is really rough, though.

Alienous

Wow i suck at mp.

You have to get people in the middle of your screen. When you aren't looking at where they are, look at where you expect they might appear at. Then hold down both triggers at the same time.

Don't aim down sights until you have them in the middle of your crosshairs, and when you aim down sights hold the fire button down at the same time, to try to get the first shot.

I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine it would be too difficult. Make sure you're not in Local Mode, but in Online Mode.

Anyone else's PS4 installs taking extraordinarily long?

Yep. It seems to do a fast install on the PS4 home screen, then you have to start the game to do a proper install, that for some reason installs Zombies, then MP and then the Campaign. It appeared (and I might be mistaken) that if you play a mode while the others are installing, the installation pauses as well.

Or maybe it was just so stupidly slow it felt that way.

You have to get people in the middle of your screen. When you aren't looking at where they are, look at where you expect they might appear at. Then hold down both triggers at the same time.

Don't aim down sights until you have them in the middle of your crosshairs, and when you aim down sights hold the fire button down at the same time, to try to get the first shot.

I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine it would be too difficult. Make sure you're not in Local Mode, but in Online Mode.

Practice and learn the maps.
Thanx guys. But i know all that to be honest. I'll just keep on trying and i'll gradually improve.
Honestly dude just keep playing and learn the maps. You'll unlock better guns with better scopes and better perks.

I ALWAYS sucks initially at every new COD. Once you get some decent perks and guns it's all about learning the maps.
Yeah, better guns, upgrades and perks will help. Learning the maps is key though, i agree.
It will get better.

Alo0oy

Banned
Make a multiplayer party then head over to the campaign, maybe? Those parties transfer between modes.

The party system works fine. But I'm trying to make a public match, I'll play the campaign with two of my friends tomorrow, but I want to make the game public so a fourth random can join, but I don't seem to find the option to make the game public.

Alienous

The party system works fine. But I'm trying to make a public match, I'll play the campaign with two of my friends tomorrow, but I want to make the game public so a fourth random can join, but I don't seem to find the option to make the game public.

Ohhhhh.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I'm not sure the campaign even has matchmaking.

Edit: If your router supports DHCP, you may be able to simple use IP Address Reservation so you don't need to set a STATIC IP from within the PS4 settings and skip all the nonsense and just Port Forward UDP 3074.

Sorry for the late response but you need to set a STATIC IP for your ps4 via Network settings on the console so that 3074 will always be open for it.

If you already know all your info like Subnet mask, default gateway, etc. Then skip this first step.

1). If you don't know them, test your connection then immediately cancel and click View Connection Status and jot down the Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and Primary and Secondary DNS values.

2). Go to Set up Internet Connection and select Manual.

For your IP address, you want to use the first 3 values of your default gateway then select a RANDOM number for the LAST value. E.g. your gateway is 192.168.0.1 so you'd want something like 192.168.0.69 or similar so it would take a total of 69 connected devices before you'd have a connection conflict between your console and another device.

Enter all the other values. I leave MTU on auto and don't use a Proxy Server.

If you're connected to the Internet and PSN, I'd restart your modem/router just to make sure the opened port takes effect.

Tell me if this works!

Card Boy

Banned
Treyarch are the kings when it comes to COD, amazing and so much bang for your buck. I think i will skip the dud teams games (IW defiantly and maybe Sledgehammer) going forward.

For those interested, in order to unlock the gold for the launchers (or at least for the XM-53), you need to do these last 5 challenges (which unlock after you shoot down 100 streaks):

Destry 2 streaks rapidly
10 direct hits on people
Shoot down 5 scorestreaks in one game
Destroy 10 turrets/guardians/power cells
5 talons/cerberus

I finished the first one already. Should be able to do 2 more then it's a matter of waiting till people start using those other killstreaks, lol.

Currently rocking this:

UzaxFlj.png

I say start working on your launchers now since there are so many UAV's up now.

Good luck trying to take anything down in Redwood, though. lol

LQX

The multiplayer maps are so good. Some even look and remind me WW2 maps you would find in older games. Also, since the patch the PC version is running great.

rakka

That wasn't my experience. It looked surprisingly good considering that it was split-screen. The performance is really rough, though.

Really? The aliasing for eg was unbearable for me and way worse than a ton of games last gen splitscreen. I'm on Xbox though are u on ps4?

If so do you also have the tiny font issue?

Top Bottom