• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Bolivar687

Banned
I made a community CoD_Gaf. Will start inviting some people and making others admins so we can get everyone in. Add me for an invite, rmx687

rakka

Treyarch are the kings when it comes to COD, amazing and so much bang for your buck. I think i will skip the dud teams games (IW defiantly and maybe Sledgehammer) going forward.

Yeah I fucking hated ghosts, what a waste of money and skipped AW but might get it for campaign sometime. Treyarch are fucking gods.

MattyG

Banned
I have about 4 missions left in the campaign and I'm not really feeling it. BO1 is one of my favorite FPS campaigns ever, and I loved BO2, but this just feels... I don't know, boring? The story just doesn't feel nearly as well told as the first two. Hopefully that changes in the next few missions.

The male VA is pretty terrible, and has one hell of a boring voice, lol. Gonna try to switch to the female later, see if it's any better.

Arkeband

Banned
My fiancee grabbed this for XBox360 (to play with her friend) and whenever she searches for a multiplayer match, it pops up text saying how many games are currently open, and then after a few seconds the text disappears and nothing happens (we can pick multiplayer again apparently)

She's never had this issue with other CoD games, and the NAT type is Open... is anyone else getting this?

Edit: The version number popped up in the upper right on the title screen, 18.0.0.0 it looks like...
Edit 2: now it's 16.1.5.0?

rizzo0

Is it safe to say majority of people are playing on PS4 or has the Xbox elite controller inspired people to play on Xbox?

Also is it true that a lot of the pros switched to the PS4? I would think it would throw them off switching controllers after playing on a 360 layout for so long.

LeonSPBR

The PS3 version has some weird connecting issues that I never seen in a COD game. And it only let me connect to people from my country (I'm from Brazil), there is no chance of me playing with people from US for example. The game prefer creating a new lobby rather than let me play with people from US/Europe.

I bought the digital Xbox One version and can't seem to get into the Nuketown playlist despite having downloaded the map. Any advice on where it might be?

LeonSPBR

My fiancee grabbed this for XBox360 (to play with her friend) and whenever she searches for a multiplayer match, it pops up text saying how many games are currently open, and then after a few seconds the text disappears and nothing happens (we can pick multiplayer again apparently)

She's never had this issue with other CoD games, and the NAT type is Open... is anyone else getting this?

Same shit begin to happened to the PS3 version as well. Try again with other type of game.

It's not nearly as spammed as it is in AW tho.
It's still garbage though. I've had games today where I go 50-25, 40-18, etc., and still get irritated and not have a ton of fun because it feels like a good portion of my deaths are some random person flying into my face unexpectedly.

Jblanks

It's still garbage though. I've had games today where I go 50-25, 40-18, etc., and still get irritated and not have a ton of fun because it feels like a good portion of my deaths are some random person flying into my face unexpectedly.

I have been playing GW only so far, and it's really not that bad.

xinek

Man, this MP. I get pooped on no matter how I play. Sneaky + silencer, rambo with LMG, trying to flank, doesn't matter. Tried all sorts of sensitivities. I think I'm just crap at aiming. Good thing it's fun regardless. Been playing all day and not sick of it yet!

Go to play the campaign, mad excited to create a character and I can't pick a black guy? What's the point of even having the option to select a face?

vilmer_

Where do we edit our callsign/emblem/clan? Is it only customizable in SP?

Also, is there a barracks/leaderboard section similar to Blops 2 where you can compare stuff with your friends?

CHC

Go to play the campaign, mad excited to create a character and I can't pick a black guy? What's the point of even having the option to select a face?

It does suck but the voice is very clearly a white man so I guess that's why they made that decision. Was kinda surprised though.

I went with the female just because the blond woman in the bandana is 100% The Boss, and I can't say no to that.

It does suck but the voice is very clearly a white man so I guess that's why they made that decision. Was kinda surprised though.

I went with the female just because the blond woman in the bandana is 100% The Boss, and I can't say no to that.

I hear ya, but it wouldn't have mattered to me. Honestly, it annoys me. If they didn't have a pick a face option, then I would not have given a shit. Just don't see the point of having the option and they all look the same anyhow. I'll get over it I'm sure.

Nuketown question. I redeemed code on Call of Duty redeem page. Entered code and it told me to check in game store. Nothing is showing up in store for Nuketown.

CHC

I hear ya, but it wouldn't have mattered to me. Honestly, it annoys me. If they didn't have a pick a face option, then I would not have given a shit. Just don't see the point of having the option and they all look the same anyhow. I'll get over it I'm sure.

Yeah it's definitely a silly decision. I mean you basically get to pick one white dude then choose his hair / beard / level of tan.... Why even have a face select? Makes no difference

george_us

How do I unlock the movement abilities in the campaign? Or are they even available?

Edit: Nevermind just realized they're hidden behind the tactical rig.

dcelw540

So anyone finished the campaign yet? If so where would you rank it vs the others in the franchise?
I'm almost done it and it's the worst one by far for me, worse then ghost. If you have friends you'll have fun but it mostly just non stop waves of enemies and is way to long. The story has a good concept but poorly done and little references to last black ops and that's it. The characters are just okay but I'm about to finish mission 10 and I have no idea what is going on half the time. The villian is not known clearly and it feels hollow.

rakka

Where do we edit our callsign/emblem/clan? Is it only customizable in SP?

Also, is there a barracks/leaderboard section similar to Blops 2 where you can compare stuff with your friends?

No you can definitely have custom emblems n clan etc in MP :) not at the game now but it's there somewhere

Leaderboard seems gone in lobby at least :( annoying

CHC

I'm almost done it and it's the worst one by far for me, worse then ghost. If you have friends you'll have fun but it mostly just non stop waves of enemies and is way to long. The story has a good concept but poorly done and little references to last black ops and that's it. The characters are just okay but I'm about to finish mission 10 and I have no idea what is going on half the time. The villian is not known clearly and it feels hollow.

Ugh that doesn't sound good at all. It's still a good package overall but I was hoping for a solid campaign this time around.

So, I dont know if it's an Easter Egg, but you can get Lullaby for a Deadman (The ending song from Nacht der Untoten, the first ever zombies map) to play during the first Nightmare Campaign level in BlOps3.

Just before the circular room with the gas, if you go into the control room on the left, there should be a console making noise.

There's also a collectable here, It was the 3rd one I grabbed, but I dont know if they're necessary for the song to activate.

Anyway if you stand by the noisy console, around where the burger box and drink are, and wait until an error sound occurs, followed by quiet, then the song should activate once you drop into the next room and the gas triggers, spawning more zambies.

Also, the song continues through the cutscenes and once it's played through, it starts again if you die and checkpoint, or if you grab another collectable, to the point where if you do these two in quick succession, you have the track playing twice over itself.

I'd love for someone to test this out just to corroborate my story.

PS. I dont know if any of this constitutes spoilers, but if it does, let me know and I'll tag appropriately.

CHC

Ya multiplayer is fun and zombies is great! Campaign is done right awful.

It's too bad they've lost their way with campaigns (though I haven't played this so maybe I'll like it). There was some great variety in the past. Stuff like the mission in Black Ops 1 when you're in the plane and then keep switching back and forth with the ground unit, or the Chernobyl mission in Modern Warfare. That shit was awesome.

soloscout

Neo Member
I have this very strange issue in MP where some doors look like a vortex of massive screen tear. It's so distracting. I'm on the PS4 version. Anyone else had this happen?

Top Bottom