• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

DirtyLarry

Fuuuucccckkkkk (possibly, not sure)...

So when I checked the game out on launch day, it had trouble connecting to the PSN. No big deal as my intent was to check out the SP Campaign. So I chose Campaign and off I went. Put my PS4 into Rest Mode. Played it again 2 days later resuming from Rest (so I was still offline).

Watched Netflix so had to close BLOPS III, launched it today to play again and this time it connected online. When I went to play the Campaign there was no resume. Just Start Campaign. I thought I lost all my progress but then I chose Local Play instead of Online.
Sure enough there was all my progress, but now when I started the game I got a message, and I am paraphrasing here "None of your progress in Local Mode will carry to your Online Profile."

So my question is a simple one.
If I play the SP Campaign in Online mode, by myself, does that mean my leveling up with count towards my MP profile as well? Or is there are separate SP Online profile it goes to?
If it is the former, I will start the campaign over but in Online mode. I am about 4 hours in so will lost a decent amount of progress, but it is probably worth it.

rpmboy

If I play the SP Campaign in Online mode, by myself, does that mean my leveling up with count towards my MP profile as well? Or is there are separate SP Online profile it goes to?
The latter.
EDIT: Forgot about the calling cards and camos, Valar and biteren are correct. But no, SP XP does not funnel into MP.

If it is the former, I will start the campaign over but in Online mode. I am about 4 hours in so will lost a decent amount of progress, but it is probably worth it.

It's a separate XP system for MP, SP and Zombies.

But you do unlock stuff in all of them that you can use, mostly just camo's and calling cards though.

biteren

Fuuuucccckkkkk (possibly, not sure)...

So when I checked the game out on launch day, it had trouble connecting to the PSN. No big deal as my intent was to check out the SP Campaign. So I chose Campaign and off I went. Put my PS4 into Rest Mode. Played it again 2 days later resuming from Rest (so I was still offline).

Watched Netflix so had to close BLOPS III, launched it today to play again and this time it connected online. When I went to play the Campaign there was no resume. Just Start Campaign. I thought I lost all my progress but then I chose Local Play instead of Online.
Sure enough there was all my progress, but now when I started the game I got a message, and I am paraphrasing here "None of your progress in Local Mode will carry to your Online Profile."

some of the stuff carries over to MP, like weapon camo's and sight reticules you unlock in SP

I get that Taylor and Player :)lol) had their consciences merge in the DNI Purgatory (the frozen forest) but was Corvus mixed in there too or was it defeated? It speaking in the credits makes me think it merged with them and created a three way conscience.

Quick Campaign ending question, would love it anyone understood?

Blues1990

With regards to the 'Shadows of Evil' Survival Mode, I can't be the only one who wishes it wasn't shackled with the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series, right? I would love for that setting & universe to be it's own thing, as it's pretty rare to get a good video game that utilizes such a setting to great effect. (The only ones that I can think of are 'The Wolf Among Us,' 'Hotel Dusk: Room 215,' 'Max Payne', 'Grim Fandango,' & 'The Black Dahlia'.)

hawk2025

Well, I completely changed my approach.

Went from Gorgon + slow and methodical to Weevil and every single perk and attachment I can think of to be ultra-mobile and fast. People aren't ready for that, especially in some maps. It's fun as hell! It's liberating to be rid of ADS almost completely.

How are you supposed to know what to do in Zombies? Way more going on then just killing them. I mean what the hell is even the goal?

There's a huge quest you have to do that tells you the entire story of why you're there and what the Shadowman is doing. It's very cryptic though and people are still trying to figure out all the steps.

I think for now the best thing to do would be to look into (probably on youtube) how to get pack a punch open, how to get the elemental swords and the black hole wonder weapon. You pretty much will want all of these once the quest steps are figured out to complete the whole thing. The steps are pretty difficult later on from what I've seen so far.

Well:

Nope. None of the original characters come back.

tumblr_nfr6k4TKCr1rsjot3o1_400.gif

That sucks so fucking much. The characters were half the charm of Treyarch's games.

Certinty

Realistic is pretty much impossible solo, right? Can't imagine anyone has done it yet given how crazy long and hard some sections are before the next checkpoint.

Pat_DC

Cut that 2 shot kill range down to oblivion until the gun is no longer viable due to its terrible rate of fire. Use it while you still can I guess.

I think you are right about the range being lowered to try and balance it. Though if they just nerf it to the point of it having no use then that would also be pretty bad.

I haven't actually been killed by that many people using it, kuda seems to be more popular but that might change. I find the more cautious/support gorgon set up a fun class to mix up my usual run & gun style with.

Citadel

Well:

Nope. None of the original characters come back.

Well that just sucks. Why would Treyarch go through all the trouble of hinting that Reznov could still be alive - all the way back in Black Ops 1 - and yet do NOTHING to advance that part of the story for two games afterwards. Such a shame.

With regards to the 'Shadows of Evil' Survival Mode, I can't be the only one who wishes it wasn't shackled with the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series, right? I would love for that setting & universe to be it's own thing, as it's pretty rare to get a good video game that utilizes such a setting to great effect. (The only ones that I can think of are 'The Wolf Among Us,' 'Hotel Dusk: Room 215,' 'Max Payne', 'Grim Fandango,' & 'The Black Dahlia'.)
Yup. They need to do a minigame and part it out. I want more zombies content. Though, I wouldn't call Shadows of Evil a survival mode - there's things that need to get done. You certainly can play it like survival tho.

Mode is hard as shit, too. I haven't watched any walkthroughs but I get the gist of it - just need to explore more but by Round 7 things get stupid.

Toa TAK

Banned
tumblr_nfr6k4TKCr1rsjot3o1_400.gif

That sucks so fucking much. The characters were half the charm of Treyarch's games.

Well that just sucks. Why would Treyarch go through all the trouble of hinting that Reznov could still be alive - all the way back in Black Ops 1 - and yet do NOTHING to advance that part of the story for two games afterwards. Such a shame.

Trust me, after playing this campaign, it's better this way.

hawk2025

This campaign is SO weird.

Now I'm playing Mission 5 (Vengeance), and the graphics actually look pretty amazing, great mood, fun optional-stealth section, interesting and varied environments... hopefully there's at least a couple more missions like this. I also kind of liked mission 4, so perhaps the campaign improves over time.

DirtyLarry

some of the stuff carries over to MP, like weapon camo's and sight reticules you unlock in SP

It's a separate XP system for MP, SP and Zombies.

But you do unlock stuff in all of them that you can use, mostly just camo's and calling cards though.

The latter.
EDIT: Forgot about the calling cards and camos, Valar and biteren are correct. But no, SP XP does not funnel into MP.
Awesome. Thank you for the super fast replies.
I can live without the camos and calling cards. Definitely.
So good news for me.
Thanks again.

Krentist

Neo Member

But they always established that
Reznov was totally dead and all the hallucinations were purely in Mason's head. After that reveal, any Reznov hint is really just there to fuck with you, not to actually suggest otherwise.

This campaign is SO weird.

Now I'm playing Mission 5 (Vengeance), and the graphics actually look pretty amazing, great mood, fun optional-stealth section, interesting and varied environments... hopefully there's at least a couple more missions like this. I also kind of liked mission 4, so perhaps the campaign improves over time.
Yeah, that mission turned me around on the campaign, or at least gave me enough hope to continue. Its probably my favorite still, as this game is a very mixed bag. Dialogue is still atrocious but I enjoyed the gameplay, pacing and variety.

GodofWine

Cut that 2 shot kill range down to oblivion until the gun is no longer viable due to its terrible rate of fire. Use it while you still can I guess.

I don't think it needs to be changed, if you use it and miss your first shot,the rate of fire means you die vs anything else in a gun fight.

Even if both people fire at the same time its probably a coin flip due to its horrible fire rate.

Its just that when you die to one, it feels like it killed you faster than it did. I actually prefer the Dingo, its like a SLMG.

Risette

A Good Citizen
the performance in this game is seriously bumming me out (PS4). I like the game itself but I could do without the framerate and tearing issues. why didn't they use the dynamic res in MP? has any CoD been patched for performance before?

Finally playing this evening, loving the multiplayer but some serious connection issues going on.

Hope it doesn't get worse again around Christmas.

I'm returning the game to Walmart tomorrow. They completely destroyed zombie mode with the bullshit alien crap. This Blops 3 is worse than ghosts.

Any Xbox one gaffers that would like to play? I'm really tired of playing with all randoms. :(

Multiplayer a or zombie players are welcome! Pre even campaign too I suppose.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I think I'm almost done with the campaign, and man, what a disappointment. Advance Warfare did the whole robotics thing better. Just grinding my way to the end.

MGrant

I noticed Aquarium is a hell of a lot like Grind from Blops 2. They changed the left-side vert ramps area into a water area, changed the hallways indoors around a bit, but the center of the map is the same high lookout with a ramp/stairs on the right side. Love it. Not exactly a remake, but definitely "inspired by" an earlier map. What other maps did they do this to? I can see elements of Raid in Combine, but it's still quite different. Ditto with parts of Downhill in Metro.

zsynqx

How are you supposed to know what to do in Zombies? Way more going on then just killing them. I mean what the hell is even the goal?

Spend your first few tries just opening as many doors as possible and interacting with everything you can so you can get a feel for the map. It helps if you have played previous zombies, as you have more insight into the designers intentions. The first thing I wanted to figure out was how to use the perk machines, so I started there. Don't bother going for high scores till you have figured out everything as without perks, pack a punched weopons etc. you will struggle to reach the higher rounds,

Ofc if you can't be arsed with that there are plenty of tutorials on youtube.

Lol this much salt over them adding something different to a mode that was growing stale?

Coming from the fast paced advanced warfare zombies, this is a pile of crap. Advanced wardare zombies is easily way better than this. Not only that, the zombies will take you down so quick and trap you so easily.

Top Bottom