• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

zsynqx

Any good guides out there for zombies? I have no idea what to be prioritizing in this zombie mode.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NoahJ456/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSyndicateProject/videos

Coming from the fast paced advanced warfare zombies, this is a pile of crap. Advanced wardare zombies is easily way better than this. Not only that, the zombies will take you down so quick and trap you so easily.

Oh god no, exo zombies was crap.

Drewfonse

Unlocking the Trip Wire and Gorgon was a huge game changer for me. I was doing horribly until I equipped them, and now I'm at least competitive and sometimes at the top of my team.

Gorgon is so dumb, that'll, be the first gun nerfed.

lol nobody uses it. I haven't seen anybody besides me use it in over 100+ games. It's a 2 shot kill but the fire rate is asssssss. It is really strong, but I think the trade-offs of it being an LMG balance it well enough. I don't think I've encountered a single gun that I felt was bullshit. Whereas with something like AW you were getting nuked by the Bal 27 Inferno or the Speakeasy right from the jump and they remained some of the flat out best guns in the game even with nerfs.

zsynqx

lol nobody uses it. I haven't seen anybody besides me use it in over 100+ games. It's a 2 shot kill but the fire rate is asssssss. It is really strong, but I think the trade-offs of it being an LMG balance it well enough. I don't think I've encountered a single gun that I felt was bullshit. Whereas with something like AW you were getting nuked by the Bal 27 Inferno or the Speakeasy right from the jump and they remained some of the flat out best guns in the game even with nerfs.

AR's are pretty underpowered atm and the VMP will probably get a nerf ;( but nothing like the Bal from AW. See a good spread of weapons being used in most lobbies, except shotguns.

I get that Taylor and Player :)lol) had their consciences merge in the DNI Purgatory (the frozen forest) but was Corvus mixed in there too or was it defeated? It speaking in the credits makes me think it merged with them and created a three way conscience.

Quick Campaign ending question, would love it anyone understood?

From what I got from it
The Corvus AI was killed in the Frozen Forest. This means one of two things. Either whats left of it has been corrupted by the piece of Taylor's psyche that was still attached to it and is now controlling Player in the same way Corvus controlled Taylor and Hendricks, or Player actually died when they shot themselves and the Frozen Forest section was just a dying dream similar to Hall's Battle of Bastogne. Taylor is actually controlling your body via your cybernetics while you mind-battle Corvus, activates the system purge, and since your consciousness is dead he takes over your body.

Coming from the fast paced advanced warfare zombies, this is a pile of crap. Advanced wardare zombies is easily way better than this. Not only that, the zombies will take you down so quick and trap you so easily.

f93Ufnd1dTHvq.gif

Durden77

The maps are all pretty good, but they all kind of run together as well. At least for me. I wish there were more distinct locations. They're nearly all nature mixed with tech or just buildings set up in an opposing manner. Nothing like Hijacked or Terminal that really stand out.

My favorite one so far is probably Aquarium.

Zombies is fun as hell.

Confusing. But fun as hell.

I was really close to clutching it for my group at one point, but got upstaged by a few rando zombies coming up a staircase. Took the wind out of my sails.

But they always established that
Reznov was totally dead and all the hallucinations were purely in Mason's head. After that reveal, any Reznov hint is really just there to fuck with you, not to actually suggest otherwise.

But in Black Ops 1 there was the message that decoded to
Reznov is dead, or is he dead, there was no body, is he who he says he is

And in Black Ops 2
Mason believes that it was Reznov that rescued them in Afghanistan.

And this is the reason why objective based game modes suck in COD. It's not just nuketown, it's every map. People play it just to hide and get their precious k/d up.

It's not too bad on most maps. Nuke town is just a cluster%#*^. When I play nuketown I get 1/2 my points from shooting down stuff and my K/D ratio sucks. In general my K/D ratio sucks anyway.

Yes is that good?

Are people here NOT having issues creating groups with friends?

Open = the canals are free for your friends to travel to

Moderate = there may be some obstructions that prevent your friends from coming

Strict = No fun allowed.

You need to open port UDP 3074 on your console

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Just finished the campaign and my god THAT WAS SO STUPID.

What a complete waste of time. Easily the worst campaign in the COD series. Easily.

Z3M0G

Open = the canals are free for your friends to travel to

Moderate = there may be some obstructions that prevent your friends from coming

Strict = No fun allowed.

You need to open port UDP 3074 on your console

Yah but wouldnt moderate cause some friends to never be joinable?

We can all connect eventually, it may just take 10 minutes of trying... sometimes no effort at all.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Just finished the campaign and my god THAT WAS SO STUPID.

What a complete waste of time. Easily the worst campaign in the COD series. Easily.
I just finished the first mission. Between the dialogue, story, performance, and auto-aim, I can't think of the last time a game has had a worst first impression on me. Awful.

Oublieux

It gets better after that. Before diving deep into awfulness.

I actually ended up replaying these early missions as the female protagonist (before I knew the gender was switchable in-game), and I have to say that the plot flows and has better pacing when you know what you are doing and already know the map layout.

Still relatively plain, overall, though. I am also so glad I switched to the female protagonist as the male's VA is absolutely terrible. No emotion or subtlety at all.

I've been having some crippling issues with controller inputs today. It's been completely unplayable for me, to the point where having the Black Ops III app suspended seems to bog the system down in general.

Anyone else had this problem with BOIII (or any other game for that matter?) it's like bluetooth interference, except that it happens when it's wired as well.

zsynqx

For those who didn't enjoy the campaign how bad was it. Is it Killzone Shadowfall tier shit? I only did the first mission but am scared to carry on, as I am loving everything else in the game so don't want to tarnish that with a crappy SP.

G_Berry

Banned
I've been having some crippling issues with controller inputs today. It's been completely unplayable for me, to the point where having the Black Ops III app suspended seems to bog the system down in general.

Anyone else had this problem with BOIII (or any other game for that matter?) it's like bluetooth interference, except that it happens when it's wired as well.
I get this all the time with my controller and not just in blops, used to happen quite a bit in destiny too.

Top Bottom