• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Huh? What mode is this in? What are the "drops"?

Its on the multiplayer menu called "black market", from playing games you get cryptokeys, you then use them to buy crates essentially that give you skins and paint jobs for weapons and character armour.

I noticed I was earning them but had no idea where to spend them for a while.

the awareness perk is great, footsteps are actually audible now.

and people can great pretty creative with the emblem creator, damn.

Kosma

Banned
12 maps is too many for me, cant learn all that anymore

Wish i could filter and play only what I want like in CS

First time ever I play Zombie-mode and I'm kinda lost to what to do. Is there some guide or will I just learn by playing?
Not going to give a lot away but when you become the beast - pay attention to stuff that is glowing/on fire.

Straight melee is your best weapon against zombies. You have electric shock and grab on top of that. Those are best used on things that are glowing/on fire.

That will start you off. First beast well is in the staring alley for a reason. You can get a few things done with a single well if timed right.

Metfanant

Idk the triple burst ar, icr and man of war are all solid.

I love the ICR, but it is ass in Hardcore, and as a almost exclusively HC TDM player, that's a problem...if you don't get the drop on someone you're in trouble, because its about the only AR that takes 2 shots to kill...

Long barrel solves the problem for the most part, but its a struggle before that

TheRed

I can't overstate how fun Gun Game is.

Everyone should try it out at least.
I would prefer it without the radar, almost every time I kill someone I know I have turn around because he spawned behind me and knows where I am because of radar. Still fun though.

Dominator

I can't overstate how fun Gun Game is.

Everyone should try it out at least.
I enjoy CoD, but I would have bought this game if the only game mode was Gun Game. By far my most played mode along with TDM. The shotgun kills within the first 30-50 points are brutal because you have to get so close lol

Rainy Dog

I will never understand this sentiment. It's so far from chaotic. It sounds like people who thought looking up and down in old FOS games was unnecessary. It's just a natural progression of the genre.

It's not a necessarily a natural progression of Call of Duty though. Where we've ended up now after COD4 is still incredibly disappointing to many.

Z3M0G

So I am quite sad that the campaign is bad according to so many people... sounds like FUSE might have been the better co-op campaign game. (Which I enjoyed with friends.)

But is anyone still playing campaign while match-making with randoms? Is it easy to get matchmade games? Is there reason to keep playing once it's over?

It's not a necessarily a natural progression of Call of Duty though. Where we've ended up now after COD4 is still incredibly disappointing to many.

What are these people waiting for? COD4 really changed the game, sure, but how can we expect that degree of change again? It's like you are asking for VR level change...

All I've been using is the Kuda so far, really like it and the VMP and Vesper. Tried the Man-O-War but not feeling it yet. Maybe I'll try the ICR next. Not really feeling the AR's so far. When I unlock Spectre I'll try and make a close range shotgun setup.

Enosh

How does one earn these keys for unlocking cases -- Is it random? oh, and is it the only way to get cosmetic items?
tmart said that the designer said to him that you just get progress towards the next key with every MP match and gain some extra bonus for winning

also 30 keys one seems like a rip off, only 3 items and the chance that out of 3 small cases none is at least a rare is rather small

xRaizen

tmart said that the designer said to him that you just get progress towards the next key with every MP match and gain some extra bonus for winning

also 30 keys one seems like a rip off, only 3 items and the chance that out of 3 small cases none is at least a rare is rather small
I bought one 30 key drop and got useless stuff. After that, on my first 10 key drop I got an Epic and 2 rares.

Epic was the "Ice Camo" for the burst pistol. Looks damn cool. Too bad I don't use secondaries :p

So yeah the Haymaker is fucking absurd. Not Akimbo 1887s absurd but still great.

I'm not even the type to use a shotgun, I prefer SMGs, but for close quarters maps that seems to be a weapon I'm noticing a lot of people using.

Oh and jesus, Sixth Sense? Godlike perk because I am a camping motherfucker.

Rainy Dog

What are these people waiting for? COD4 really changed the game, sure, but how can we expect that degree of change again? It's like you are asking for VR level change...

Wasn't really speaking about another game changing leap like COD4. Just the actual direction the series has taken from being a semi-serious and semi-realistic shooter with a refreshing immediacy and arcade slantings. To a ADHD benny-hill show with leaping about and wall running and robots and pink guns.

To me COD4 had two distinct sides. The fantastic, timeless maps and the easy to pick up but still hard enough to master to seperate the men from the boys gunplay. And then the kill streaks and perks plus extra hooks like challanges and weapon camos. With each COD since the series has moved further and further from the focus of the former to the latter sadly.

All I've been using is the Kuda so far, really like it and the VMP and Vesper. Tried the Man-O-War but not feeling it yet. Maybe I'll try the ICR next. Not really feeling the AR's so far. When I unlock Spectre I'll try and make a close range shotgun setup.
I've been sticking with the Kuda, too. FMJ and grip gives it some nice handling and damage. Almost have it at 14 to open up the last reticle which has an open sight picture.

Decent at range, too. I think it's an excellent SMG and surprised it is the first you get.

RS4-

How do unlock paint colors for my guns?

You know where you select paint jobs? It's the camo option below it, if that's what you're looking for.

Highlighting it will show what you need to get that color. I think for guns its only headshots? I haven't progressed far enough in the camo tree to see if there's something that isn't headshot related. I'll assume you have to shoot down kill streaks for some of them.

Secondary like the XM, it's shooting down UAVs, etc. One skin needs 10 direct kills on enemies, take out 5? 10? of those flying drone things.

Keihart

i wish that the aim assist was a little less agressive and that wall runing was faster, as it is , it's a far better option to camp movement points in maps, and since there is so much aim assist you don't even need to try so hard to aim people wall running.
I was having a blast shotguning people while sliding until i realized how agrresive is the aim assist :c

oh welp, it is what it is.

You know where you select paint jobs? It's the camo option below it, if that's what you're looking for.

Highlighting it will show what you need to get that color. I think for guns its only headshots? I haven't progressed far enough in the camo tree to see if there's something that isn't headshot related. I'll assume you have to shoot down kill streaks for some of them.

Secondary like the XM, it's shooting down UAVs, etc. One skin needs 10 direct kills on enemies, take out 5? 10? of those flying drone things.
Ah thanks!

BokehKing

Banned
Cod4 was way slower,more about controlling the map

Loved it
And less kill streaks
It was perfect outside of martyrdom

If IW didn't jump the shark we wouldn't be here today. 10 kill streak and up should have granted double xp the rest of the match instead

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Thank god Bo3 is nothing like that shit. The series already more than chaotic enough and I love how they nerfed movements from AW.

The movement options in Titanfall are hardly similar to Advance Warfare lol

I will never understand this sentiment. It's so far from chaotic. It sounds like people who thought looking up and down in old FOS games was unnecessary. It's just a natural progression of the genre.

Right, that is far from chatoic. That is actually very controlled and deliberate.

I enjoy the game a lot more than AW. The map design is so much better. I really dig the whole experience a lot more so far. Menus, sound, everything is much better in my opinion. Didn't try the story mode though.

Osahi

Just finished the campaign. Holy shit, they manage to make it progressivly worse with every mission. Game started out as pretty crappy, ends just incredibly bad.

Multiplayer is fun though, but after about ten hours I'm allready fed up with it. Been there, done that... With Battlefront releasing next week, It'll be a quick erase from the HDD for BLOPSIII.

sonto340

Finally getting into zombies and damn there's a lot of stuff that I have NO IDEA how to do. But I'm enjoying it. It's been a while since I've had the experience and they've made things more apparent unlike older games.

How do I play on Nuk3Town? Shit never pops up. Maps are so good now.
There's a special playlist in bonus but it might be fine because it was launch weekend only.

Top Bottom