• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

E92 M3

Finally getting into zombies and damn there's a lot of stuff that I have NO IDEA how to do. But I'm enjoying it. It's been a while since I've had the experience and they've made things more apparent unlike older games.

There's a special playlist in bonus but it might be fine because it was launch weekend only.

It's in the bonus playlist

Which one? I've been playing Ground War. Didn't see one dedicated to Nuk3town

BuddyL33

Neo Member
On the Xbox One, is there any way to change the split screen to a vertical split instead of a horizontal split?

I was playing with my girlfriend's son last night, doing online multiplayer, and on my 73" DLP the screen would split horizontally AND switch to a 4:3 ratio. Was annoying as hell and I had to move from 15 feet away to about 4 ft away to even see anything.

I looked and looked, but couldn't find a setting for it.

I wish there was a mixed objectives game mode playlist. Everyone clusters in TDM and Domination. Some PC playlists have 0% playing.

Also with all the remasters and remake shit that's going on this gen, I'd love it if COD4 got that treatment. This is my first COD since BLOPS1 and I still miss COD4. Nothing has come close for me to that.

Damn this game is so good. The feel is CoD but it feels so much more fluid and the guns and maps are so great. Best CoD in forever. The XR2 is amazing.

Concept17

Playing on PS4, and this is my first CoD in a long time. I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into a rhythm in multiplayer. Maybe because it's been awhile since I've really dived into a console FPS, but there are some maps where I'm getting completely destroyed. Now, obviously as I learn the maps, chokepoints, and little angles things have slightly improved, but I still feel like I'm missing something when it comes to the gunplay. It's not for lack of experience or ability, I just can't find my groove in this game so far. :(

sephi22

Sigh. The older I get the worse I get at FPS games. Can barely make it to 0.5 KDA. The paint shop is a good side distraction though.

12185526_10153056386031736_8985778579336598863_o.jpg

12182595_10153056386016736_9078622937565173501_o.jpg

12191381_10153056386026736_519099845167902589_o.jpg

12194606_10153056386021736_7074837996252383923_o.jpg

12232766_10153056386011736_2414855289648934427_o.jpg

RS4-

Damn, how could I miss such a thing. Did not see it active at all. Please tell me it's still up.

Yeah its still there. Maybe you redeemed the code, but didn't restart the game?

edit - regarding paint jobs, say I've got paint A on Gun A, is it possible to copy all the layers and just paste it on Gun B?

Because right now, unless I'm missing something, I'd have to remake them for different guns? Why isn't there just a global library to apply to whatever gun you want?

Toa TAK

Banned
Well that obvious,

This campaign just makes me so angry because it had so much potential and they just pissed it away at every turn.
Female "Player" was pretty darn good though as far as COD player characters go.

Yeah, they should get props for doing that at least. Even in Nightmares she's the go-to.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Yeah its still there. Maybe you redeemed the code, but didn't restart the game?

I redeemed mine on Friday and it didn't show up in my Bonus Playlist until Sunday. On xbox one by the way. I'm also on the preview dash, not sure if that was a problem too.

RS4-

Man, the shitty thing about some guns, you don't see shit for the butt/stock decals, like the 44. I gotta look up how guns look when you're holding them so I don't waste time in those particular areas.

E92 M3

I redeemed mine on Friday and it didn't show up in my Bonus Playlist until Sunday. On xbox one by the way. I'm also on the preview dash, not sure if that was a problem too.

The new dash has been causing me all kinds of problems with Blops. A lot of crashes to blue screen and disconnects.

mackattk

Same. I'm 46.

Try the Gorgon with quick draw. Did wonders for me.

I have been trying to give the Gorgon a chance but I just don't know if I can do it. I got the gun up to level 8 but I just don't do as well with it as I do with the BRM. The Gorgon just takes too long to ADS, I lose many battles that i could have won with the BRM.

NoWayOut

Sigh. The older I get the worse I get at FPS games. Can barely make it to 0.5 KDA. The paint shop is a good side distraction though.

Same. I'm 46.

Try the Gorgon with quick draw. Did wonders for me.

I am part of the below 1.0 KD club. Being this my first COD in years and the fact that it's the first time I play a competitive FPS with a controller, after 20+ years of M/K adds to the challenge, but I'm still having fun.

Damn this game is so good. The feel is CoD but it feels so much more fluid and the guns and maps are so great. Best CoD in forever. The XR2 is amazing.

I feel like the XR-2 and the ICR-1 have been the most inconsistent guns for me in that AR class. I feel like they could be good, but something feels off about their damage drop-off at certain ranges.

DMNBT

Neo Member
Uh...campaign spoiler/speculation/don't even know:

The scrolling text on the first mission states that the player died during the augmentation procedure. The hell?
Also, it mentions that Kalil was captured in the Lotus Towers during the Cairo uprising...isn't that the events of the second-to-last mission?
What the hell is going on in the campaign story?

Drewfonse

I have been trying to give the Gorgon a chance but I just don't know if I can do it. I got the gun up to level 8 but I just don't do as well with it as I do with the BRM. The Gorgon just takes too long to ADS, I lose many battles that i could have won with the BRM.

You have quick draw equipped?

It does take a long time to ADS, no doubt. But damn does it mow people down. The trip mines are great to cover your back

Sorral

Wait how do you paint guns? Only once you get the camo?

Paintshop. Enter the multiplayer main menu and hit Options or whatever you use to open the menu, which then will bring up a menu that has several tabs like Identity, Challenges and so on. The paintshop will be on the lower left corner under Identity.

sonto340

Don't aim down the sights as much. It's improved my game a lot.

Paintshop. Enter the multiplayer main menu and hit Options or whatever you use to open the menu, which then will bring up a menu that has several tabs like Identity, Challenges and so on. The paintshop will be on the lower left corner under Identity.
Thanks!

GodofWine

Over the years I've gone from run and gun to stalk and creep, find some good spots and hunker down. I started this one something like 5-43, then I fought up to .70, then I kicked it into old man mode and instead of going 19-26, I've been going like 12-8.

I prefer the BRM over gorgon too.

Willectro

Banned
Bought this on Xbox One as I just got the elite controller.

Just played a match online and my I just can't shake the feeling that the graphics are blurry looking. Even on the main menus, the text and menus look sharp (so I can eliminate my display being the issue), but the dude in the background looks odd.

Not trying to troll or anything here (I want the game to be great on Xbox), but this is odd.

Jerm411

Infection and Aquarium are such awesome maps...wonder when the first batch of DLC will hit, curious to see what old MP maps are being brought back.

purg3

slept with Malkin
The new dash has been causing me all kinds of problems with Blops. A lot of crashes to blue screen and disconnects.

Same here, I've had 2 blue screens over the weekend and a bunch of disconnects after matches where if forces me to reconnect to the CoD server.

h0tp0ck3t

Is anyone actually using Flashbangs or Concussion grenades? I've been running Tac mask since I unlocked it and so far I think it's only saved me from myself :p

Man this is the first cod in a few years where I was itching to go home and play again.

So far my go to guns are:

AR: Man o War
SMG: Pharo
LMG: Gorgon or the 48 Dredge(6 shot burst!)

Gonna have a tough time choosing a gun to unlock with Prestige Token.

Navy Bean

Over the years I've gone from run and gun to stalk and creep, find some good spots and hunker down. I started this one something like 5-43, then I fought up to .70, then I kicked it into old man mode and instead of going 19-26, I've been going like 12-8.

I prefer the BRM over gorgon too.

Camping (or playing conservative) is a legit strategy in COD. If you're not an all out run and gun type then just kinda running around aimlessly will get you destroyed most of the time.

SteveWD40

I played COD4 at 27 and was usually top 3 in any game...

Now at 35 I can hardly stay off bottom place.

I am much better at BF4 but that requires less twitch reflex imho.

EL CUCO

I've only been using the VMP, but what would you guys say should be the first go to item worth spending a Prestige token on?

jmizzal

Silencer got nerfed big time

Still feel like I need it tho

I def needed the silencer, im not the most accurate shooter lol, without it as soon as I start shooting everybody knows where i'm at and i'm dead before I kill anybody, with it I can get a lot of kills.

Currently going through the campaign on realistic, solo. That mother fucking
spaceship thing on the 2nd to last mission where you have to shoot the jets, avoiding its gunfire and missiles, which sometimes it would shoot 8 at me before I even grabbed the minigun as well as shooting/avoiding the exploding red balls.
No lies took me about 2 hours to finish.
Here's my strategy for beating it.
At the start, run to the right and head to the lift that brings up the minigun. You have to turn the jets from blue to white, then on fire (orange). You have 4 jets to shoot. Shoot all the jets to white before it fires the exploding ball things. As its deploying them, you can shoot 2 of the jets, so at this point you have got 6 of 8. Shoot a couple of the red ball things, but for me they kept getting stuck until the ship flew back overhead. When the ship pops back up shoot the last two while avoiding the rockets and gunfire. As soon as I got the last 2 jets, I hid behind a wall so it didn't kill me.
The whole campaign has been very annoying on realistic, but this level takes the biscuit.

Strider

Feel like it takes a really long time to level up in this game. That will probably be the reason I don't prestige...

Maybe when there's double xp someday

Top Bottom