• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Costanza

Banned
Just gonna gamefly this and rush through campaign for the setpieces. Don't give a shit about CoD multiplayer anymore.

Vercingetorix said:
You know there are tons of live streams and videos and whatnot that would let you see a lot of the multiplayer and such and pretty much decide for yourself if you want it. A lot more usefulthan the reviews these days, to me at least.

Cool story bro.

So whens the embargo come down?

TheHeretic said:
Cool story bro.

So whens the embargo come down?

God dammit, he out-cooled me on the internet!

Oh, and I definitely know when the embargo ends, because I'm a reviewer. For IGN, actually.

Vercingetorix said:
You know there are tons of live streams and videos and whatnot that would let you see a lot of the multiplayer and such and pretty much decide for yourself if you want it. A lot more usefulthan the reviews these days, to me at least.

Mogg0

Banned
I got caught up in the hype of GTA's universal 10's and I learnt my lesson. This will probably get an average rating of 95% REGARDLESS of its quality, so fuck the reviews. I'll listen to word of mouth and try it myself.

freitax

Are there any videos of co op in split screen action? I'm pretty psyched for that:D
Also if it's as good as the cod4 sp I will <3 it:)

Vercingetorix said:

Oh, and I definitely know when the embargo ends, because I'm a reviewer. For IGN, actually.

You may as well have said you are a writer for FanFiction...

I'm seriously thinking of taking a vacation day for this. Also the douche at GameStop tried to tell me I had to pre-order the prestige edition for the CoD 1 voucher.

chapel

Banned
If only I hadn't got myself banned then moved to a perma junior, I would have been able to make the Official Thread for the best game ever. Since I made the ot for the original best game ever, it only makes sense.

Nice thread though, better than the fake one.

chapel said:
If only I hadn't got myself banned then moved to a perma junior, I would have been able to make the Official Thread for the best game ever. Since I made the ot for the original best game ever, it only makes sense.

Nice thread though, better than the fake one.

I liked the other thread better. Also, best game ever? IW made sure it wouldn't even be the best COD ever.

7 days until every other game on my 360 shelf is completely ignored for like 2 months (except for Left 4 Dead 2)

Can. Not. WAIT.:D :D :D

Mileena

Banned
This week is going to take forever. Seven days till I play nothing but MW2 multiplayer for months and months unless some megaton RB2 DLC comes out.

Mik2121

Day 1 on PS3.

I've been on an almost full media blackout, so there are tons of things that I guess will surprise me once I see the game.

For one, seeing those MP screens, I don't know what half of the stuff on-screen even means (the HUD, that is).

But yeah, just one week left!. Can't wait :_)

AkuMifune

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
7 days until every other game on my 360 shelf is completely ignored for like 2 months (except for Left 4 Dead 2)

Can. Not. WAIT.:D :D :D

Yeah, I'm frantically trying to clear my backlog as well.

See you fools online!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm not instantly Day 1 on this, but if it's as good as MW1 was (which totally blew me away and made me take notice in CoD), I'm going to be there eventually.

Apparently the perk list has been leaked and looking at it, some of the old one are back but tweaked nicely.

Also the lack of the P90 is a shame, one of my favorite guns in games to use. :(

I just hope IW supports it better than MW1, which I bought the 360/PS3 version and map pack for each version. :/

chapel

Banned
LovingSteam said:
I liked the other thread better. Also, best game ever? IW made sure it wouldn't even be the best COD ever.
Get over yourself.

Hype in full effect, watch me drink the KoolAide!

squicken

frosty-the-snowman.jpg

Leaked boss fight: Slay Frosty

otakuderek

Nice thread OP :D

I got stuck working the midnight launch at my Gamestop so I need to get everyone out fast so I can leave with my regular edition copy and join the masses! :D

chapel

Banned
TheSeks said:
I'm not instantly Day 1 on this, but if it's as good as MW1 was (which totally blew me away and made me take notice in CoD), I'm going to be there eventually.

Apparently the perk list has been leaked and looking at it, some of the old one are back but tweaked nicely.

Also the lack of the P90 is a shame, one of my favorite guns in games to use. :(

I just hope IW supports it better than MW1, which I bought the 360/PS3 version and map pack for each version. :/
Oh there is a p90. You can dual akimbo two p90s + rapid fire attachments + stopping power + hip shot or whatever. Talk about bullet spam of death.

sweetvar26 said:
May be on the trust and the impressions from the people that are already playing the game and all?
I like how story mode and co-op get a blurb while deathmatch gets the phone book, op. :p

kuYuri

Wickerman said:
Has a screenshot or video of the PS3 version ever been released?

Some people who got it early posted a video of PS3 version, but like everything else, was pulled.

Dark Octave said:
I like how story mode and co-op get a blurb while deathmatch gets the phone book, op. :p

Well, what do you want me to say? "Pick a class and shoot shit." :p

Jtrizzy

Vercingetorix said:

Not possible, your witty and controversial posting style could never be bested.

On topic: I'm getting this day one, but am still trying to decide which version to get. I let my Live account run out a while back, and am waffling on whether to renew. I'm actually playing WaW right now on 360...it's decent but the music seems completely out of place in a WWII game.

Flunkie

Banned
Ugh, I should be more excited for this.. it's a week away! I just can't help the fact that all the changes and bullshit surrounding this game have made it a chore to bring myself to like it. Regardless, I'll still buy it and love it. :(

I'm super pumped. This is the only contender for GOTY against Uncharted 2 for me.

The negativity about the dedicated servers issue and all of the additions to multiplayer has annoyed me in the other thread, so hopefully this one will be a bit more positive.

freitax

Strider2K99 said:
Some people who got it early posted a video of PS3 version, but like everything else, was pulled.

Well, what do you want me to say? "Pick a class and shoot shit." :p

OP are you making an online thread as well? I recommend taking a look at the uncharted 2 meet up thread, the google's form thing is pretty cool and could be handy to add gaffers based on personal preference (co op or competitive preference, platform, mic or not).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
chapel said:
Oh there is a p90. You can dual akimbo two p90s + rapid fire attachments + stopping power + hip shot or whatever. Talk about bullet spam of death.

Oh, really? I thought they dropped it from the multiplayer, though? I remember early speculation about it being gone. TBH, I haven't been following all the small details about shit, but the less grenade spamming the better. I was playing HQ for the first time in months and forgot about how MW1 had the tagline "Grenade of Grenade 4: Grenade Grenade." :lol

kuYuri

freitax said:
OP are you making an online thread as well? I recommend taking a look at the uncharted 2 meet up thread, the google's form thing is pretty cool and could be handy to add gaffers based on personal preference (co op or competitive preference, platform, mic or not).

I won't be making one, but anyone else is more than welcome to do so.

Jtrizzy

With regard to not seeing the PS3 version, MW1 was nearly identical on PS3 and 360, and this was back when PS3 versions of multi plat games were always the lesser of the two. It was a huge credit to IW that they were able to get the two versions so close. The only difference, other than Live (for some people) was that they got the DLC a little earlier, which I never bought on PS3 because it was released way after launch and withing about a week of GTAIV.

PS3 version did lack rumble and trophies, but obviously that won't be the case this time around. I am going to wait to see if there are any graphical differences, but I'll be very surprised if that factors into my decision as for which version to buy.

PatzCU

Sweeeeeet official thread time!

Really looking forward to this. I have to say I haven't really had time to really delve into everything the multiplayer contains. From what I saw, the perks look to be completely unbalanced and over the top. I'm still going to buy the game, I just hope the multiplayer experience is as solid as CoD4.

Can't wait!

TheSeks said:
Oh, really? I thought they dropped it from the multiplayer, though? I remember early speculation about it being gone. TBH, I haven't been following all the small details about shit, but the less grenade spamming the better. I was playing HQ for the first time in months and forgot about how MW1 had the tagline "Grenade of Grenade 4: Grenade Grenade." :lol

From the streams I've seen of the online game, I see way way less grenades than there were in COD4.

Of course, the people playing the streams are usually god-awful at the game, so it's possible that these pirates haven't figured out which button throws grenades yet.

chapel

Banned
OP can you resize the pictures so they don't resize the post? Like 600px wide or something. You could also just make them thumbnails and links to full size. That is the only issue with it, makes reading it a chore because you have to scroll from side to side to read any text as it passes the edge of the browser on the right.

evolution

For those wondering about the status of the PS3 version, im watching my roommate play it right now. I don't have the 360 version to compare it with but it seems like a quality game so far. Nothing to worry about

gibration

I can't believe it comes out next week. It still feels to me like we have a month left until its release. Anyways, cant wait to play it, knowing that this game is going to take my life away.

kuYuri

chapel said:
OP can you resize the pictures so they don't resize the post? Like 600px wide or something. You could also just make them thumbnails and links to full size. That is the only issue with it, makes reading it a chore because you have to scroll from side to side to read any text as it passes the edge of the browser on the right.

Will do.

SlickVic

Spec-Ops mode can't pair you with a random player to play with? That's kinda strange. Can you play it alone (with AI taking the role of the co-op partner)?

kuYuri

minx88 said:
Finally someone who is actually good. Those people on the live streams suck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnT2CT129_s&feature=channel

Also does anyone know how the Scrambler perk works? How exactly does it "scramble the enemy radar" Does it make it fuzzy? Have your red dot somewhere it's really not?

If you watch the Flag Runner vid, it shows it in action towards the end as the guy with the throwing knife approaches from behind. Watch his radar.

SlickVic said:
Spec-Ops mode can't pair you with a random player to play with? That's kinda strange. Can you play it alone (with AI taking the role of the co-op partner)?

You can play it alone, but you won't be accompanied by an AI partner.

Top Bottom