• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

So where is most of GAF playing this? Since my friends on the "outside" don't especially like FPS competitive games I must rely on GAF for my awesome-fun times with MW2. So which should I get? The 360 or the ps3 version? (just talking about peeps on here, dont turn this into anything fanboyish)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Will pick up ps3 version. Not day one though. Waiting to pick up a used copy.

I haven't seen much on the ps3 version. So the wait period should at least allow me to see some footage from it. I don't expect major differences or anything I just hate how little coverage ps3 versions of multi games get.

Preorder via Amazon w/ release day shipping. They better not fuck that up; with Veteran's Day being the day after release it's possible that I won't get MW2 until Thursday : /

RbBrdMan said:

I haven't seen much on the ps3 version. So the wait period should at least allow me to see some footage from it. I don't expect major differences or anything I just hate how little coverage ps3 versions of multi games get.

In all fairness, COD4 was more than adequate. I have no doubt that MW2 will be the same (PS3 owner here).

RbBrdMan said:

I am sure they will be very similar. Personally, I am just wondering what everyone will be playing on GAF as the differences are sure to be so minor they wont even matter. What matters to me is, as I have said is who is playing on what.

DietRob

Freedom = $1.05 said:
In all fairness, COD4 was more than adequate. I have no doubt that MW2 will be the same (PS3 owner here).

I don't think there will be much in the way of differences graphically but I would love to see how the multiplayer holds up on the psn. I didn't play COD 4 on the ps3 I played on 360, however, I have since sold my 360.

So my main concern is the PSN not the actual game itself.

GodofWine

RbBrdMan said:
I don't think there will be much in the way of differences graphically but I would love to see how the multiplayer holds up on the psn. I didn't play COD 4 on the ps3 I played on 360, however, I have since sold my 360.

So my main concern is the PSN not the actual game itself.

COD4 and COD5 run perfectly on PSN...as did 60 player resistance games, and large scale mayhem in Warhawk.

Once you are 'in game' the quality of how it performs has nothing to do with PSN or XBL. Im pretty sure that if they allowed it, you could play PSN vs. XBL in the same game on dedicated servers (which would be epic! :D )

DietRob

GodofWine said:
Im pretty sure that if they allowed it, you could play PSN vs. XBL in the same game on dedicated servers (which would be epic! :D )

Settle console fanboy wars on the battle field that would be EPIC indeed. :lol

I'm very angry that IW have pretty much killed the Party Chat feature in this game. I read somewhere that there are only 3 types of Playlists you can use the feature in? For such a heavily orientated team game, it's very uncomfortable to have the ability to talk to your entire team taken away from you.

Brakara

Meus Renaissance said:
I'm very angry that IW have pretty much killed the Party Chat feature in this game. I read somewhere that there are only 3 types of Playlists you can use the feature in? For such a heavily orientated team game, it's very uncomfortable to have the ability to talk to your entire team taken away from you.

Huh? Removing party chat will ensure that you talk to your team (and not your party members). Or am I missing something?

Brakara said:
Huh? Removing party chat will ensure that you talk to your team (and not your party members). Or am I missing something?

that's the point, no one wants to be called a nigger, fag, bitch, dumb jew, etc 15 times a day while playing. it's the very reason i have mute on everyone who's not on my friends list. now if i want to talk to my friend while playing, i have to listen to all of the garbage with it.

Brakara said:

I understand the intent but in practice it never works. Most people don't even join a match with the intention to be cooperative with your team-mates - instead they just do their own thing regardless of the fact they can use their mics. But with a Party Chat system, the intent is made prior to the game that at least this group of people will work together. When I played COD4 on the PS3, which didn't have the party chat system, talking met me with calls to be quiet and at times I would just be ignored.

This feature being removed only penalises those who actually want to work as a team.

Jesus Christ. No party chat in TDM? How in the hell is that supposed to benefit anyone?

So the only way to get around this, considering playing randoms with mics is completely offputting, is to mute everyone in the lobby and hope they do the same, so we can have a laugh and talk personal stuff?

Az

cameltoe said:
nope!

This dude killed 2 in the first round then 3 in the second round and was awarded a 5 kill streak...that never happened in 4

So you meant kills carry over from round to round towards a killstreak. That kind of sucks, I like it the old way and I only play S&D on COD.

Am I going to get any good news from this game? Its rapidly killing my hype.

moai

cameltoe said:
nope!

This dude killed 2 in the first round then 3 in the second round and was awarded a 5 kill streak...that never happened in 4

i clearly remember playing s&d and doing that. getting 2 kills in first round, then one on the second and having uav available. cod4 also worked that way (of course you didn't have to die between rounds).

Brakara

Meus Renaissance said:
This feature being removed only penalises those who actually want to work as a team.

But you're still on the same team, and are able to chat with each other. You're just no longer excluding people like me.

Wait Activision is limiting when you can use party chat?

WTF. Thats supreme bullshit. Fuck you if I don't wanna talk to you.

BlinkGT

moai said:
i clearly remember playing s&d and doing that. getting 2 kills in first round, then one on the second and having uav available. cod4 also worked that way (of course you didn't have to die between rounds).
No. All kills must be done in the same round in CoD4.

Brakara

YuriLowell said:
Fuck you if I don't wanna talk to you.

e64ym9.jpg

BlinkGT said:
No. All kills must be done in the same round in CoD4.

I'll have to check this when I get home, because I'm with the other guy, I remember dropping an airstrike I earned over the first few rounds in a later round and wiping out most of their team.

My girlfriend and I are going to pick it up at the midnight launch at my local GAME. I never thought I'd do a midnight launch, but fuck, how can I not with this game? :D

Az

PedroLumpy said:
I'll have to check this when I get home, because I'm with the other guy, I remember dropping an airstrike I earned over the first few rounds in a later round and wiping out most of their team.

I played last night, you'll have to get 5 kills in each round to get an airstrike. Only killstreaks would transfer to the other round, not kills toward a killstreak.

PedroLumpy said:
Earning a killstreak perk in a previous round then using it later is different from your killstreak not resetting every round.

i find it pretty funny people being pissed at the party chat thing. If you wanna talk shite with your girlfriends then use the mute all but friends feature of the dashboard.:lol

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Man my wallet is taking a beating this fall. I barely have enough to get this game. But, definitely has to be done. Damn you Activision, bless you IW.

Dabanton

Brakara said:
But you're still on the same team, and are able to chat with each other. You're just no longer excluding people like me.

Exactly. Half the time in matches you don't hear anyone,how the hell are you supposed to formulate strategies if people are sitting in chat especially in ranked?

Also the idea that every match you have on Live will end up with you being called names is very silly,the key is to step on the little punks throats if they start, if everyone raises a stink when someone pulls that shit you find everyone will pull them up for it.And they'll stop.

It's the only way were going to improve the community the equivalent now is everyone in chat like they are living in a gated community.

cameltoe

MarkMclovin said:
Whats your point? That's muting them, not you. I don't want people listening to a conversation between mates whilst playing MW:2.
Then change your xbox settings to friends only.

Preordered from Amazon for the $20 game credit and also chose the release-day shipping option!

CoD4 was awesome online (hardcore mode) and I look forward to MW2.

PS3 version for me.

Lothars

supermackem said:
i find it pretty funny people being pissed at the party chat thing. If you wanna talk shite with your girlfriends then use the mute all but friends feature of the dashboard.:lol

I find it pretty funny that you think it's a good thing for them to block party chat, It's really one of the biggest things for MW2 that I really hope hurts it because it's cutting out features that shouldn't be cut out.

Activision doing stuff like this has made MW2 less and less of a day one buy and more of a meh I might get to it later.

Lothars

Dabanton said:
Exactly. Half the time in matches you don't hear anyone,how the hell are you supposed to formulate strategies if people are sitting in chat especially in ranked?

Also the idea that every match you have on Live will end up with you being called names is very silly,the key is to step on the little punks throats if they start, if everyone raises a stink when someone pulls that shit you find everyone will pull them up for it.And they'll stop.

It's not silly infact a majority of games that I have played on live with ranking has ended up like that and it's not gonna be any better with MW2 which is the reason I mainly use party chat.

Dabanton

Lothars said:
Activision doing stuff like this has made MW2 less and less of a day one buy and more of a meh I might get to it later.

Stop lying to yourself you're getting it day one. :lol

Dyno

Finished COD4 last night with a buddy in preparation for this game. Drake, it's been swell and you're a great guy but by this time next week I'm going to dump you like your name was Elena.

Top Bottom