• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

LeMaximilian said:
Does anyone else feel the netcode in MW2 is not as up to par as COD4? Perhaps it's just the amount of people playing, but it seems like a 3 bar connection in MW2 is about the same as a 2 bar in COD4. Finding myself getting killed around corners much more frequently than in previous games, where I clearly dodged the fire on my screen.

I hear you, there are many times where I swear that I shot the guy but I get killed then when I see the kill cam not a single bullet comes out of my gun.

xxjuicesxx said:
I just shot down two enemy harriers at once, TWICE in a row!

Doesn't it feel great? You know the guy that called it in was all stoked thinking he would be getting all kinds of free kills and you ruin the match for him. I will never... EVER unequip my Stinger.

corkscrewblow said:
I'm so ready for a map pack. I'm not liking about half of the maps. CoD4 map pack plz IW.

I used to play exclusively FFA. In COD4 that mode had access to pretty much all the maps. No, not this time around. Someone who should not have been in charge decided that the maps needed to be bigger so instead adding to the player count of FFA they decided to simply restrict it to the somewhat smaller maps.

There in lies the problem. Even the somewhat smaller maps are still to big. There is shit all over the place. I ended up not liking most of the maps except for maybe the one on the rooftoop and Terminal.

Combine that with the fact Killstreaks have lost all the reward they used to have, considering I can grab one out of a box now, and you have a complete and total failure in my book. It lacks the skill it once had. It's a carnival ride now. Not a military shooter.

OldJadedGamer said:
Doesn't it feel great? You know the guy that called it in was all stoked thinking he would be getting all kinds of free kills and you ruin the match for him. I will never... EVER unequip my Stinger.

Felt good man. Not only did I ruin one dudes fun I ruined 4 dudes fun, how that many people had harriers so close together also boggles my mind.

corkscrewblow said:
I'm so ready for a map pack. I'm not liking about half of the maps. CoD4 map pack plz IW.

Same here. Give me straight ports, I don't care.

The only maps I really like are Terminal, Rust, and Highrise. I wish they'd open up every map for FFA, the selection is far too small.

Tunin

OFFTOPIC: Ok, I'm desperate, can someone help me create a topic? It's about Sony's official representation here in Brazil and I just cant create one because I'm a junior member.
:(

It can't be said enough:

UMP45 + Silencer
Stinger
Marathon Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro
Predator Missile
Harrier Airstrike
Pave Low

Almost a guaranteed Free-For-All win every time.

Ten-Song

_tetsuo_ said:
What's with all the hate on the maps? I only really don't care for 1 of them.

Wateland sucks, but every other map is awesome. Skid Row, Sub Base, and Derail are easily my favorites so far.

That said though, if IW came out with a map pack that was just a re-release of maps from 4? I'd be all over that shit. Unless Shipment is one of the maps, that is.

Ten-Song said:
Wateland sucks, but every other map is awesome. Skid Row, Sub Base, and Derail are easily my favorites so far.

That said though, if IW came out with a map pack that was just a re-release of maps from 4? I'd be all over that shit. Unless Shipment is one of the maps, that is.

I loved Shipment :lol

AnEternalEnigma said:
It can't be said enough:

UMP45 + Silencer
Stinger
Marathon Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro
Predator Missile
Harrier Airstrike
Pave Low

I loooove the UMP, it'll probably be the gun I get the fall camo with first.

EDIT:FUUUUU- give me new maps IW!

AnEternalEnigma said:
It can't be said enough:

UMP45 + Silencer
Stinger
Marathon Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro
Predator Missile
Harrier Airstrike
Pave Low

I'm in the top 3 90% of the time with this in FFA:

Vector + Silencer
Glock 18 + Silencer
Sleight of Hand Pro
Lightweight Pro
Commando Pro
Sentry Gun
Predator Missile
Harrier Airstrike

:( Had 4 or 5 total system freezes while either searching for a new host or about to launch a game today, other then that I've been enjoying a knifing marathon.

ps3*

Ten-Song said:

I like Wasteland. Didn't like it in COD2 oddly enough but like it here. I'm always getting really high scores on this. Oh, and count me in the group that loved Shipment a lot in COD4 as well.

My current favorites are:

Estate (even though it comes up too much)
Quarry
Sub Base
Terminal

I still don't think any of the maps are as great as Crash or Overgrown is.

If I'm using the SCAR, it feels like I run out of bullets so fast. I think I'll have to build up the ACR and Bling it out for my full-auto silencer weapon class.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
hypostatic said:
I loved Shipment :lol

Oh man, sooooo much shit going on in such a condensed area :lol . Good times, good times.

Ive found the M16 with slight of hand pro amazing. The faster aiming makes it a beast for me. Also the AUG with a grip and dot is pretty much a
AR more then an LMG.

Is just me or is health/wep dmg different in FFA then TDM?

Also anyone like CoD4 HC more then MW2 HC?
I hated CoD4 standard and only played HC, now I hate this HC and
love standard.

Kibbles

I like Shipment better than Rust. In Rust there are so many places to get shot from. In Shipment you at least had an idea of where to look. It was crazy and less frustrating.

Kibbles said:
I like Shipment better than Rust. In Rust there are so many places to get shot from. In Shipment you at least had an idea of where to look. It was crazy and less frustrating.
Rust is my favorite map in the game. After a kill I ALWAYS check my surroundings and reloading and haul ass. An enemy could spawn a few meters away from you and knife your ass.

Pkm said:
Also anyone like CoD4 HC more then MW2 HC?
I hated CoD4 standard and only played HC, now I hate this HC and
love standard.

I think they are the same. I only play HC and so do all my friends. We all bitch and moan when someone new just picks up the game and we have to go back to regular TDM.

Why do you hate it?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Does anyone actually man the guns that are built into the level? I've gotten an eight kill deathstreak on them but I kinda thought they were easy cannon fodder for other people.

Narag

chubigans said:
Does anyone actually man the guns that are built into the level? I've gotten an eight kill deathstreak on them but I kinda thought they were easy cannon fodder for other people.

Once or twice but more as a kill of opportunity or to lure people to it.

j-wood said:
Does anyone else use the m4? I'm loving that gun, but I don't see any posts about it
I do. It's an all around kick ass weapon that can use any attachment you can think off. Heartbeat Sensor is killer on Afghan.

Okay, it's official.

FAL Iron Sights > FAL RDS

FAL + HBS
Stinger
Scavenger Pro
Cold Blooded
Ninja

Gorgeous build. You don't even need the silencer. Just keep moving.

Pewp

I always lose the 1 on 1 battles! I wanna blame it on lag but could it be because I am using the RPD? It's the only gun I've used so far, does it take longer to aim down the sights and to pull the trigger?

I am using stopping power +, sleight of hand+ and bling+ with FMJ and a grip.

Narag

Pewp said:
I always lose the 1 on 1 battles! I wanna blame it on lag but could it be because I am using the RPD? It's the only gun I've used so far, does it take longer to aim down the sights and to pull the trigger?

I am using stopping power +, sleight of hand+ and bling+ with FMJ and a grip.

If its close range stuff, maybe try steady aim so you don't have to spend time using the sights?

freitax

PSN here: so am I the only one who gets terrible voice chat with friends? Every time we try to say a long sentence it gets cut off, it's getting on my nerves, "yes we made it, now take the...", "take what? shit I'm dea..."

Such a piece of buggy bullshit, I get laggy matches 30% of the time, get drop out of games for no freaking reason... at least they fixed the party system, what a fucking joke. Oh and host advantage is a really big problem in this game, I mean I have been in a game where EVERYONE had nothing but two bars (except the host obviously), what piece of unbelievable stupid code would decide he's a good host for the match? He won, big fucking surprise.

NYR

j-wood said:
Does anyone else use the m4? I'm loving that gun, but I don't see any posts about it
I think it's one, if not the, most popular weapon pre-level 30ish. A lot of people stick with it from the start.

Ganhyun

freitax said:
PSN here: so am I the only one who gets terrible voice chat with friends? Every time we try to say a long sentence it gets cut off, it's getting on my nerves, "yes we made it, now take the...", "take what? shit I'm dea..."

Such a piece of buggy bullshit, I get laggy matches 30% of the time, get drop out of games for no freaking reason... at least they fixed the party system, what a fucking joke. Oh and host advantage is a really big problem in this game, I mean I have been in a game where EVERYONE had nothing but two bars (except the host obviously), what piece of unbelievable stupid code would decide he's a good host for the match? He won, big fucking surprise.

I'm guessing that they base part of the host choosing off of ping response times? Would explain a bit. My connection, while considered DSL, actually has fiber to go through from my box outside to the local headend. Thus I get great ping times, but my upload isnt high enough to handle ground war type games when I play with several friends at once. I get host there alot though, even though me being host makes for incredibly shitty games most of the time. At least in ground war.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Keikoku said:
Wow, the final scene made me shiver. Such an epic campaign.

Same here. With the first act of the game I wasn't to happy with it but second and third act get so intense I really didn't want it to end. Great campaign and I can't wait to continue the story. :D

adelante

Not a Jellyfish said:
Same here. With the first act of the game I wasn't to happy with it but second and third act get so intense I really didn't want it to end. Great campaign and I can't wait to continue the story. :D
Yeah same here :D

I wish someone could pull the PC version apart, compile all the real-time setpieces and combine them with cinematic shots of you playing to make this one condensed video of the game's story (the only part that I would leave as first-person would be the spacestation bit). Because I watching all the trailers released leading up to the game's launch and realized all the action sequences you see are all from the game itself, albeit different camera angles....

Kibbles said:

I love Rust, too. I just went 30-6. I had all kinds of airstrikes and two sentry guns set up. Me and 2-3 other people.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
hypostatic said:
I love Rust, too. I just went 30-6. I had all kinds of airstrikes and two sentry guns set up. Me and 2-3 other people.

You can have two sentry guns up at the same time :O?

Top Bottom