• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

J-Rzez

WTF is wrong with this game and it's matchmaking/party system shit (360). I'm getting really fed up with this shit. There is no excuse for a game of this caliber to have such problems. IW is given too much credit, that's for sure.

The riot shield is by far the most amusing weapon in this game. Just played a whole game running around with it, and it was one of the most entertaining games I've played. You know you have succeeded in pissing other people off when they start using the riot shield as well :lol

rass

anybody else miss HC HQ from MW?
It was the only mode I used to play, and now I can't :'(

I'm having alot of fun with TDM though, highrise is by far my favourite map and I think the estate is my least favourite. I also enjoy the give/take in that map with the 3-way tunnel

bdouble

iam.rass said:

I'm having alot of fun with TDM though, highrise is by far my favourite map and I think the estate is my least favourite. I also enjoy the give/take in that map with the 3-way tunnel
They need to add more HC modes. Also need a list that has killcam. I walways played HC will kill cam and it was a perfect balance.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I don't like the new version of Headquarters either, it was my favorite mode in COD4. I am mostly playing domination now. Seems to have the best mix of chaos and strategy.

There is also some really good communication between party members in the lobbies: BACK OUT BACK OUT BACK OUT :lol

I wouldn't mind but you get thrown into one match that is already a lost cause before you got there, but stick around for the next match only to see the lobby collapse because there are several maps nobody wants to play on. :lol

Magik

iam.rass said:

HC HQ will show up sooner or later. IW can easily turn on new modes with a flip of a switch with HC HQ being one of them since the mode is already from CoD4.

One thing I hate about the FAL is the iron sights. Similar to the G3's but the circular piece is wider so it creates a bit of a blind area.

ACOG on FAMAS is amazing though no sway at all. need to try with other AR's to see if the ACOG sways

J-Rzez said:
WTF is wrong with this game and it's matchmaking/party system shit (360). I'm getting really fed up with this shit. There is no excuse for a game of this caliber to have such problems. IW is given too much credit, that's for sure.

I assume you are talking about losing party members while games are loading. When this happens to us I always think to myself "good thing they didn't have a beta". :rollseyes:

My friend just had bought the game the other night and made a comment that he had spent more time on loading screens and in the lobby than he had in the actual game because we had to keep dropping back because we lost a party member.

bigswords

Ok tatical knife attachments from handguns, makes the commando build even more deadly. The animation from pulling out the knife and slashing is quite a big difference.

Oh well time to prepare AA - 12 *kisses shotgun*

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Dabanton said:
I love all the maps yes even Wasteland has it's charms.

Me too. I like wasteland but the only one I don't really care for is Afghan. I just don't see what makes these maps so bad in some people's eyes.

winnarps

Steamrolled with a full team in Demolition tonight.

Blitz builds (Marathon/Lightweight) are unbelievably strong in this game. Flanking someone faster than they can react or setting up a bomb before people can assume camping positions = win.

Ganhyun

Grecco said:
Anybody have any tips in the Pit? lowest ive gotten was 30.9 sec with one of the pistos. Cant seem to shave more time off.

use the pistol and the auto-pistol.

use the auto pistol at the start in bursts on the targets, using the quick aim and you should run out on the top before dropping down. change guns dropping down and pop all the enemies downstairs. Should help u out a bit.

Ramirez

There needs to be more Merc. playlists, nothing fun about getting humped in the other playlists because you're not running with your clan. -_-

dralla

Ramirez said:
They never added anymore into 4, so I doubt they will here either. :(

they've already added more since launch. they'll add more [or take some away] for sure.

if only these guys could make some good maps. my god these are horrible.

Yeah, if I'm not with someone, I'm always in the Merc. playlist. Not about to get cruised on 7500 to 2000 by some clan.

My friend and I sometimes play in the Merc. playlist together by one of us inviting the other into the game. That way we can play against each other or on the same team without leaving the room, it's just random how it chooses.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Grecco said:
Anybody have any tips in the Pit? lowest ive gotten was 30.9 sec with one of the pistos. Cant seem to shave more time off.

I used two pistols, only tip I can really offer is try to get 2 for ones on the roof and near the end.

DoomGyver

It is so satisfying to kill someone who just called in an air drop and steal their AC 130 and then kill them with it as they're trying to knife your body holding the laptop.

feels good man.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Wow, lots of people using the heartbeat sensor now. I had only seen it around once or twice the first week, but tonight I got killed by a bunch of people using it.

Stantron

The fucking lag is really becoming unbearable. So many bullshit deaths. No wonder why some of you are able to run around the map and dominate with knife kills. Think about how silly that shit sounds.

HappyDad

Neo Member
Shalashaska161 said:
The riot shield is by far the most amusing weapon in this game. Just played a whole game running around with it, and it was one of the most entertaining games I've played. You know you have succeeded in pissing other people off when they start using the riot shield as well :lol
Yeah, it's not really useful weapon, but surely funny to watch people panicing after trying to shoot you a few times.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Grecco said:
I used the M9, with any other pistol as my secondary. Try to hit most targets while walking slowly, and then sprint to the next set. If you need to reload, do it while going up the stairs and/or jumping off the roof. Like Pankaks said, get two-for-ones whenever possible, and melee if it makes sense on the last couple.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Grecco said:

Lots of tips, but here's my advice.

If you are doing it in the campaign (SSDD or whatever), run through the course once and "fail". When you finish it the first time, a USP45 will spawn on the gun table. Replace your rifle with the USP45 and pick up the M9 pistol that's in one of the crates.

You will have exactly enough ammo to take out every terrorist target without having to reload. Memorize the course and use only ONE shot for each target. If you are good and memorized the course, you can sometimes get two targets with one round. If you miss even one shot, restart the course.
You want to finish in 35 seconds (or 34.xx seconds) and get 100+% accuracy in order to knock off 5+ seconds from your time.

If you're doing it in Spec Ops, same advice really - but the USP is available right at the start. There's no accuracy bonus, so you could use a rifle, but if you can do it in 30 seconds with the accuracy bonus, you can do it in 35 seconds without.

xxjuicesxx said:
Is there infinite juggernauts coming from behind the plane after grabbing the intel in Snatch and Grab spec ops mode?

On my Hardened playthrough, I had two come from the plane that's behind you.

For the SSDD challenge:

Well I would pick up the MP5 and the ACR. Start off with the mp5 with the red dot, by the time you are walking up the stairs to do your knife, you should be almost out of mp5 ammo in your mag so you should be switching to your ACR, knife at the top then take out the rest. Sometimes the targets will line up nice and perfect.

Grecco said:
Anybody have any tips in the Pit? lowest ive gotten was 30.9 sec with one of the pistols. Cant seem to shave more time off.

Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFs92ITYrcc

vatstep said:
Wow, lots of people using the heartbeat sensor now. I had only seen it around once or twice the first week, but tonight I got killed by a bunch of people using it.

I love hearing this since my entire team of friends all have Cold Blooded Pro on constantly. The more people that depend on this to play the better for me to knife them in the back when they aren't paying attention to their surroundings. Keep staring at your gun Mr. Heartbeat man.

Ten-Song

OldJadedGamer said:
I love hearing this since my entire team of friends all have Cold Blooded Pro on constantly. The more people that depend on this to play the better for me to knife them in the back when they aren't paying attention to their surroundings. Keep staring at your gun Mr. Heartbeat man.

That's great and all, but you'll still show up on a heart beat sensor with Cold Blooded on. Ninja is the perk that makes you invisible to those sensors.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Ten-Song said:
That's great and all, but you'll still show up on a heart beat sensor with Cold Blooded on. Ninja is the perk that makes you invisible to those sensors.

Yep.

OldJadedGamer and his crew have been on every heartbeat sensor. lol.

Yeef

I'm really digging the FAL. It feels weaker than the G3, but maybe that's just because I'm not using stopping power.

Also finished up getting the tactical knife for the USP. I was tearing up the other team on Afghan, I'm sure it'll be even better on more closed maps.

just went 30-0 followed by 30-2 in MW2 FFA
My 30th kill in the first game was my first kill of a chopper gunner. If it didn't end so soon I would have had 44+

So. Much. Fun.

:lol

I just found out that you can kill yourself with sticky grenades while in Last Stand (pro version). It even works outside of Hardcore.

Edit: Stun grenades work too.

J-Rzez

OldJadedGamer said:
I assume you are talking about losing party members while games are loading. When this happens to us I always think to myself "good thing they didn't have a beta". :rollseyes:

My friend just had bought the game the other night and made a comment that he had spent more time on loading screens and in the lobby than he had in the actual game because we had to keep dropping back because we lost a party member.

Exactly. It's terrible. If you're in a party of two even it happens a lot. It's only getting worse as time rolls on too. Why this wasn't properly tested, and at least to the standards of the old game is beyond me. It just goes to show how little IW really cares about it's consumers.

Sometimes you can cut a little slack. But not a game that was known to sell by the epic fuck ton, and that it's prior version made them an absolute killing. To be honest, I don't think there's any excuse for the game not to feature some true dedicated servers even. I can't wait for the without the lube anal raping for the map packs as well.

IW really showed off it's colors this time. Either that, or people hold them to a much higher standard than deserved.

cresto

Domination is my new favorite gametype. MW1 was all about TDM but now it has turned into a camp fest and cluster fuck. I was going crazy tonight in DoM! Kept my deaths to under 10 with +20 everytime. One game on wasteland scored me 31 in a row, didnt have the nuke unlocked unfortunately.

Me and 3 of my friends totally dominated that shit haha. 9 straight til it was bed time :)

A guy on another forum says he shot through the riot shield with a USP with FMJ. He also says if you shoot it long enough it will break.
It was my understanding that it was as indestructible as the Hulks pants.

I went 65 and 13 on the airplane graveyard map with a 43 kill streak. I got chopper gunner and the chopper pinned them into their spawn. I just kept the trigger held down and was mowing that team down. It was absolutely ridiculous.

cresto

Mobius1B7R said:
I went 65 and 13 on the airplane graveyard map with a 43 kill streak. I got chopper gunner and the chopper pinned them into their spawn. I just kept the trigger held down and was mowing that team down. It was absolutely ridiculous.
FUck man that thing is so damn powerful its insane!

jiien

Not sure why the ACR gets so much love. Maybe I'm just not feeling it, but it's MUCH weaker than the SCAR. I find I kill a lot faster with the SCAR, where I'm pouring bullets with the ACR. I know the ACR is supposed to be weaker than the SCAR but have a higher fire rate, but it just feels too weak. Anyone that uses it, how do you use it?

Ultimately, the M4, SCAR, and ACR all play pretty much exactly the same, but I'm interesting in knowing why people vastly prefer the ACR over everything else. Like the other two, it also seems plagued by a lack of ammo.

Edit: Actually, M4 is okay with ammo, but SCAR and ACR both burn through ammo.

NeoUltima

jiien said:
Not sure why the ACR gets so much love. Maybe I'm just not feeling it, but it's MUCH weaker than the SCAR. I find I kill a lot faster with the SCAR, where I'm pouring bullets with the ACR. I know the ACR is supposed to be weaker than the SCAR but have a higher fire rate, but it just feels too weak. Anyone that uses it, how do you use it?

Ultimately, the M4, SCAR, and ACR all play pretty much exactly the same, but I'm interesting in knowing why people vastly prefer the ACR over everything else. Like the other two, it also seems plagued by a lack of ammo.

Edit: Actually, M4 is okay with ammo, but SCAR and ACR both burn through ammo.
Pretty much no recoil with ACR so it has a huge range advantage. If you see a sniper on the other side of the map you can just put your sights on them and pull the trigger, no need to adjust for recoil...yeah the ammo is a bummer. I have tried all 3, I am doing best with ACR.

Top Bottom