• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

DeuceMojo said:
Not only does it end it, but the side that didn't have the nuke (if it's a team game) loses. It's pretty humiliating.

Do you have proof of this?

The description of the perk says only that it ends the game, so presumably the losing team would lose.

I imagine this is a poor assumption that is going around because the winning team is always the team that drops the nuke.

I don't I'll ever see a nuke since I only play HCTDM.

btw anyone try shoot the stealth bomber with an AT4? It gets very close to the ground on Afghan and I was wondering if I could shoot an AT4 on its flight path and hit it(obviously it wont lock on). I've stinger'd those tiny helicopters that drop care packages so I assume all aircraft are able to be downed.

GuardianE said:
What exactly happens? You lose red dots and uavs, but what else is affected?

Huge flash of white light and radar goes off iirc. Though it was a nuke at first when it was against my team. I was sniping and it didnt seem to affect my thermal sights though

Oreoleo

GuardianE said:

Pretty sure almost the entire HUD disappears, and there's a light snow effect (like an antenna TV not getting a decent signal) on the screen for a minute or two.

.nimrod

the host advantage is really awful, i shouldn't have to fire 3 bursts of my m16 with stopping power at point blank to kill someone >:|
if i'm the host i'll mostly have a KDR like 30:6, but unfortuanetly that's very rare. i never had that problem with cod4

Fireforge_98

Neo Member
When an EMP is used against your side then entire screen becomes sort of washed out/fuzzy. Doesn't effect gameplay but adds an interesting visual effect.

/sorry Orelio answered as I was typing this.

dammit!! Me and my friend were having a little friendly wager about the nuke. Whoever got it first would get to change the other persons gamer tag to whatever he wants. I'm a lot better then my friend at COD so I agreed to this deal(while inside thinking about the name I was going to pick for him). Of course, literally the game after we made this deal my friend gets the nuke, and I lose.

So far my friend is debating between these names...
BentStopSignGettingRAMED! (i told him too long but he things this is funny)
Steel Got Nuked
EMOFATKID01
BALLs LOVER
Guys are Hot
MYFriendDIDmyMOMandILikedit(to long as well)

oh yea forgot about POOPHOLE TROOPER

im screwed...

GuardianE said:

It cripples the enemy. They lose their radar, their ability to call in kill streaks, their red dot disappears, and their screen goes fuzzy. It last about a minute or two and it's easier to work around if you're used to Hardcore, but still does a lot to the enemies team.

andycapps

jiien said:
Okay, you're right, but I thought people would understand I was talking about Red Dot (and Holographic, but most people use Red Dot if anything). And I forgot about ACOG, since it's so little used by most people (in my experience, anyway). My mistake.

I use it with the SCAR. That gun is pretty ridiculous in close range with shoot from the hip or whatever it's called, combined with the ACOG for long range and Scrambler. That's just flat out dangerous.

Oh and anyone on PSN feel free to send me an invite if you want to play (note that you're from GAF). And check my profile for my PSN name, don't want lurkers adding me. Hoping to have a mic again in the next couple days. Lost both my bluetooth headsets. :lol

GuardianE said:
You can't call in any killstreak rewards, either. So, if you have choppers, UAVs, airstrikes, or anything like that, can't use'em. And the screen is fuzzy like some have mentioned. /beaten badly

cameltoe

Dax01 said:
I don't know how many hours I've played MP, but I still have yet to encounter a nuke.

Edit - I'm a level 45, by the way.

I havent been nuked by an enemy (over 1day into MP so far) but have nuked a few times.....Dudes on my team like, going crazy! "Dude that was soooo awesome". Jeez relax son....

Ive nuked Wasteland, Scrapyard and Afghan....I must nuke all the maps!!

rodvik

GuardianE said:
Wasn't the G3 one of the most powerful assault rifles in CoD4? It's like they nerfed the FAL in MW2 to compensate for the G3 being so popular in CoD4. I absolutely loved the G3.

I think the FAL holds up very well (Old G3 player here).

Its about preference when it comes to AR's. Pick your posion, auto, burst or semi. If you like semi then FAL does the job great. I have yet to unlock the M16 but so far I havent seen any particular best or overpowered AR. My hunch is SCAR would be best for a new player, but after that its all about play preference.

DMeisterJ

Banned
BrassMonkey1010 said:
dammit!! Me and my friend were having a little friendly wager about the nuke. Whoever got it first would get to change the other persons gamer tag to whatever he wants. I'm a lot better then my friend at COD so I agreed to this deal(while inside thinking about the name I was going to pick for him). Of course, literally the game after we made this deal my friend gets the nuke, and I lose.

Steel Got Nuked
EMOFATKID01
BALLs LOVER
Guys are Hot

im screwed...
How old is your 'friend'?

BrassMonkey1010 said:

Steel Got Nuked
EMOFATKID01
BALLs LOVER
Guys are Hot

im screwed...

banhammer.gif

andycapps said:
I had someone pull the old Socom trick of sprinting around a corner at me, jumping and shooting me with his pistol as he immediately fell prone. Hadn't seen that one in a while so it worked on me. :lol And yeah, jumping is freaking annoying. That and campers. I could camp all day long and have a high KD ratio like them, but it's just not fun to sit there. The game is meant to be done running and gunning, IMO, unless you're a sniper (not nearly as many of them as in COD4, yet).

For all those people who are worrying about their stats, don't. Try to enjoy the game as it is first. All those stats are nothing but achievements or trophies. When lot of people say, I don't care any of the gamerscore stuff, why care about these stats?

When I fist started playing COD4, I was a brand new console player for online, I was getting pwned. Atleast for the first few months, my K/D was negative. After couple of months, I really got the hand of the game, started getting good at it. By that time, some of the players have hopped on to other multiplayer games etc. There was far less camping, games were more fun overall. The last time I played COD4, I was a Golden Cross with 150,000 kills with a K/D of 1.85. I improved significantly over time, so does everybody as you get to know the game well and play well.

So just stop worrying so much about all those stats and play the game for what it is and have fun. Your stats will get better eventually.

As for the camping, I couldn't agree more, especially with so many people caring about their stats, everybody wants a high K/D and they are camping, which in turn gives you higher killstreak reward like chopper gunner, AC-130 or the nuke.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
rodvik said:
I think the FAL holds up very well (Old G3 player here).

Its about preference when it comes to AR's. Pick your posion, auto, burst or semi. If you like semi then FAL does the job great. I have yet to unlock the M16 but so far I havent seen any particular best or overpowered AR. My hunch is SCAR would be best for a new player, but after that its all about play preference.

The thing that really bothers me is that it has the exact. same. stats.

The FAL does no better a job at getting headshots than a SCAR, nor does it act as a better sniping weapon, from what I can tell, which seems to be the only real advantage to the FAL. I can fire faster with the FAL than the SCAR, but only marginally, and at the sacrifice of accuracy because of that recoil. The FAL works for Hardcore because one or two shots kills anyways.

I imagine that more new people will embrace the burst weapons, actually. Those seem to be the easiest to connect your shots/get headshots with.

andycapps

scoobs said:
What I don't understand is everyones fascination with the SKAR... the good ol' m4a1 is much better if you ask me.

Supposedly the SCAR is the weapon of choice at Infinity Ward, so that could have something to do with it. You'd think that whoever spent the most time with the game would have a pretty good feel for which weapon is the "best." And yeah, it comes down to preference. For me, it's the M4 or the SCAR, right now I like the SCAR and am putting all my time into that.

One man army is beast. Finally get two claymores again. Plus lets me switch between two best guns in the game: ACR and M16 on one life. Also, the Javelin is pretty deadly - so fun to get kills with. Finally, I think Coldblooded Pro is overpowered to the point where a) almost everyone uses it; b) killstreak rewards become much much harder to use

Digital Limit said:
Do you have proof of this?

The description of the perk says only that it ends the game, so presumably the losing team would lose.

I imagine this is a poor assumption that is going around because the winning team is always the team that drops the nuke.

Not necessarily. Read this, I wrote this last night

I reached Level 70 couple of days ago, so decided to stop playing multi-player for few weeks especially with the fact that I am not going Prestige unlike the last time. I started Spec-Ops with my buddy and we've been doing fine.

Bunch of friends got on and we all started playing domination, I decided why not go with higher kill streak rewards this time? Map we were playing was Afghan and I started with an m-16 with stopping power. Got 7 quick kills and I deployed the Harrier, by the time the Harrier went down, I was 14-0. I then got my Chopper Gunner up in the air and kicked the enemies ass for a while getting quite a lot of double kills. By the time my chopper went down, I was 31-0. I then realized that I got 17 fucking kills with the gunner. Got the Nuke, we let all the flags go and gave them the lead though we were winning, when they had a decent lead to win, deployed the nuke, we end up with a WIN. I think i was 39-2 or something at the end of the game.

Never had a nuke before, felt good that I got one, but at the same time I realized how cheap it is, thinking how many people would be camping to get a high kill streak. It is also stupid that you can win the game by deploying a nuke, no matter you were winning or not prior to the nuke

While me and my other buddies were playing online the other day, we have a winning game of domination in our hands with double the lead, a guy on the other team somehow managed to camp and get a nuke, when he deployed it, we ended up losing the game, it is pretty stupid if you ask me.

X26

Banned
scoobs said:
What I don't understand is everyones fascination with the SKAR... the good ol' m4a1 is much better if you ask me.

Well, M4 was in cod4 so maybe people wanted to play with sometihng different. By the time they've unlocked other AR's they have a lot of SCAR attatchments unlocked so they stick with it. /2 cents

Personally I switched from the scar to the tar once I unlocked it. Using the ACR a bit now too though since the thing is a beast

BrassMonkey1010 said:

Steel Got Nuked
EMOFATKID01
BALLs LOVER
Guys are Hot

im screwed...
EMOFATKID01 is gold. also I thought it cost MS points to change your name?

sweetvar26 said:
For all those people who are worrying about their stats, don't. Try to enjoy the game as it is first. All those stats are nothing but achievements or trophies. When lot of people say, I don't care any of the gamerscore stuff, why care about these stats?

When I fist started playing COD4, I was a brand new console player for online, I was getting pwned. Atleast for the first few months, my K/D was negative. After couple of months, I really got the hand of the game, started getting good at it. By that time, some of the players have hopped on to other multiplayer games etc. There was far less camping, games were more fun overall. The last time I played COD4, I was a Golden Cross with 150,000 kills with a K/D of 1.85. I improved significantly over time, so does everybody as you get to know the game well and play well.

So just stop worrying so much about all those stats and play the game for what it is and have fun. Your stats will get better eventually.

As for the camping, I couldn't agree more, especially with so many people caring about their stats, everybody wants a high K/D and they are camping, which in turn gives you higher killstreak reward like chopper gunner, AC-130 or the nuke.

I posted a 2.4 k/d with 125k kills in CoD4 but cant post higher than a 1.6 in MW2. The game is actually more balanced.

spootime

Great, my disc drive failed and I have to send it back to microsoft.

At least it didn't RROD again. That would have been the 7th fucking time.

Fuck you ms.

cameltoe

DevelopmentArrested said:
One man army is beast. Finally get two claymores again. Plus lets me switch between two best guns in the game: ACR and M16 on one life. Also, the Javelin is pretty deadly - so fun to get kills with. Finally, I think Coldblooded Pro is overpowered to the point where a) almost everyone uses it; b) killstreak rewards become much much harder to use

scavenger perk and you have unlimited claymores.

practice02 said:

Yea it costs $10. One of our other friends said he was going to buy the point card and give it to the loser, so at least I dont have to pay for it.

practice02 said:

Nah, I like the ones that completely lack self-awareness like: XXOX sNIperWOlf7707 XOXX

The amount of variations like this and other hilarious generic titles like 'silentdeath', 'deathbringer' or 'Lethalninja' on XBL is amazing. It's as though the player thinks they'll fool people into thinking that they are not in fact an overwieght, acne strewn and socially inept cretin.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
I got nuked yesterday :D It was hilarious, as soon as the timer started everyone knew they were going to die so we just started bunnyhopping all over the place, and the enemy team joined us. It was awesome seeing the terrorists and U.S. soldiers teabagging and bunnyhopping each other.

UFRA

Tactical Insertion point question:

I'm using it while playing Domination. When I respawn on the Tactical Insertion, it disappears, and I can only use it once and then I have to re-use it to get it to work.

Does it only allow you to use it multiple times in other modes or something?? I heard of stories where people say they just camp someone's insertion point and kill them while they keep respawning, but mine only works once....

LeMaximilian said:
My video returns!

Still my favorite nuke vid!

UFRA said:
Tactical Insertion point question:

I'm using it while playing Domination. When I respawn on the Tactical Insertion, it disappears, and I can only use it once and then I have to re-use it to get it to work.

Does it only allow you to use it multiple times in other modes or something?? I heard of stories where people say they just camp someone's insertion point and kill them while they keep respawning, but mine only works once....

No, we don't camp while they keep respawning. We camp, let them respawn once, then move on. TI only works once.

Insertia

Playing through single player and currently starting Exodus on Act II. It's pretty alright. The gun fights are a lot more engaging than MW1 and the environments are cool. Honestly when I saw the level displayed at E3 I thought it would be lame, but it was actually really engaging.

Something just feels off. Loved the single player in MW1, but MW2 doesn't feel fresh.

Fun though.

Top Bottom