• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

ismaboof

Insertia said:
Playing through single player and currently starting Exodus on Act II. It's pretty alright. The gun fights are a lot more engaging than MW1 and the environments are cool. Honestly when I saw the level displayed at E3 I thought it would be lame, but it was actually really engaging.

Something just feels off. Loved the single player in MW1, but MW2 doesn't feel fresh.

Fun though.

I am watching the end credits now and I agree. I think it's because there are too many "defend this position" moments, which I don't really like.

UFRA

divisionbyzorro said:
Still my favorite nuke vid!

No, we don't camp while they keep respawning. We camp, let them respawn once, then move on. TI only works once.

Ah I see, the way people described it was misleading. Thanks.

divisionbyzorro said:
Tier 1 is all about either Scavenger Pro or Bling Pro.

Which makes the extended mags attachment pretty much worthless
For the pain in the ass that extended mags is in unlocking, it should have been a free bonus like snow camo instead of an attachment.

RedStep

UFRA said:
Tactical Insertion point question:

I'm using it while playing Domination. When I respawn on the Tactical Insertion, it disappears, and I can only use it once and then I have to re-use it to get it to work.

Does it only allow you to use it multiple times in other modes or something?? I heard of stories where people say they just camp someone's insertion point and kill them while they keep respawning, but mine only works once....

I use TI constantly in objective modes. In my experience, it only works once no matter what. However, if I'm holding a point or trying to plant a bomb, I lay it in the same spot over and over (spawn, TI, run and do my thing). If I were spawn-killed more than once I would move, though.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
got2bekidding said:
What kind of emblems and titles did you get for doing all of that?

Also, you are slipping and now ranked 53 in kills. Damn those cheaters surpassing you!

I know, it's nuts the amount of boosters out there. If you go through the top 50 and see guys with 100+ killstreaks, they occupy about a quarter of the positions...all boosters.

Here's what I think I got for using nukes. First one, title= Global Thermonuclear War. And the 2nd time I set a nuke I got the rotating COD4 star emblem.

edit: also, I got the One Eyed Willy pirate skull emblem last night from getting 20 final killcam victories.

.nimrod

GuardianE said:
You sure? Not even a little bit? Maybe the big, bulky sight was blocking my view and that's what's mixing me up.

yeah, i took the same weapon twice, one with reddot and one with holographic sight. then i positioned myself in front of a door so that it just "touched" the top and bottom of my tv while aiming down the sights, switched weapons and aimed again: same size

UFRA said:
Tactical Insertion point question:

I'm using it while playing Domination. When I respawn on the Tactical Insertion, it disappears, and I can only use it once and then I have to re-use it to get it to work.

Does it only allow you to use it multiple times in other modes or something?? I heard of stories where people say they just camp someone's insertion point and kill them while they keep respawning, but mine only works once....
I've had the same question. Isn't it kinda good if it works once, considering you could get worked if 2 or three guys camped your spot?

BrassMonkey1010 said:
So far my friend is debating between these names...
BentStopSignGettingRAMED! (i told him too long but he things this is funny)
Steel Got Nuked
EMOFATKID01
BALLs LOVER
Guys are Hot
MYFriendDIDmyMOMandILikedit(to long as well)
oh yea forgot about POOPHOLE TROOPER
im screwed...
Balls Lover will get banned real quick, which is too bad because it's the best of the bunch. But I think EMOFATKID (maybe without the 01?) would f'ing rule. And you could keep it indefinitely and always have a story.

Nobody like an emofatkid. :lol

careful

Can you start off with a riot shield on your back while carrying a main primary weapon? Or is it only through picking up from corpses?

LeMaximilian said:
I know, it's nuts the amount of boosters out there. If you go through the top 50 and see guys with 100+ killstreaks, they occupy about a quarter of the positions...all boosters.

Here's what I think I got for using nukes. First one, title= Global Thermonuclear War. And the 2nd time I set a nuke I got the rotating COD4 star emblem.

edit: also, I got the One Eyed Willy pirate skull emblem last night from getting 20 final killcam victories.
Sounds like good stuff. Yeah, there used to only be those LE2 guys, then it seems quite a few decided to follow their lead.

andycapps

careful said:
Can you start off with a riot shield on your back while carrying a main primary weapon? Or is it only through picking up from corpses?
There's a perk for it, or it may be a secondary weapon choice. I believe it unlocked for me but I haven't tried it out yet.

divisionbyzorro said:
Player gets a good streak, earns the Chopper Gunner, nobody shoots him down, and he deploys the nuke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogX5Qdma83U

What a crappy team he was playing against if a single person didn't have a Stinger. When Choppers come out, my friends and I actually fight over who gets to shoot it down first. Most choppers don't get a single kill and are shot down the second they come on the battlefield.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
OldJadedGamer said:
What a crappy team he was playing against if a single person didn't have a Stinger. When Choppers come out, my friends and I actually fight over who gets to shoot it down first. Most choppers don't get a single kill and are shot down the second they come on the battlefield.

The age of getting 20-30 kills with a single Chopper Gunner has ended...sad times. People like you and your friends are the reason I can't go 94-4 anymore! :lol

A guy I play with quite a bit has launched quite a few nukes when we play together. Of course he has a strong 2.4 K:D ratio, and averages 30K:5-8D per round. It's fun whenever he does because kids will talk trash, then he focuses a little and gets a nuke. Seen One a night for quite some time from him lol.

They are quite hilarious.

Also, a repost because it might have been lost in the sea of posts:

Are additional guns unlocked as you prestige?

Hyunkel6

LeMaximilian said:
The age of getting 20-30 kills with a single Chopper Gunner has ended...sad times. People like you and your friends are the reason I can't go 94-4 anymore! :lol

I hear you. I got the AC130 for the 1st time yesterday, but it got shot down in a matter of seconds. Do we have any control over the flares? I doubt I'll ever get it again, unless it's in a care package. :(

Somebody's got to tell me:

If I'm rocking the riot shield (which I've used for all of one game), is there a way to shoot around that thing, or is it all melee and switching over to secondary weapon tomfoolery?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
DeuceMojo said:
Somebody's got to tell me:

If I'm rocking the riot shield (which I've used for all of one game), is there a way to shoot around that thing, or is it all melee and switching over to secondary weapon tomfoolery?

You can try and rush for the bash, or switch. However, I kill tons of riot shield carriers then they're moving towards me. If you walk towards an enemy with a riot shield, your feet are exposed. It's very minimal, but enough to get you killed by a smart player. The only time your fully protected with a shield is when you're not moving.

Fuck the haters, one man army pro is where its at.

ACR with toobs, one man army pro, danger close pro, and ninja pro.

add ground war to the equation and it equals a good day :D

rodvik

GuardianE said:
The thing that really bothers me is that it has the exact. same. stats.

The FAL does no better a job at getting headshots than a SCAR, nor does it act as a better sniping weapon, from what I can tell, which seems to be the only real advantage to the FAL. I can fire faster with the FAL than the SCAR, but only marginally, and at the sacrifice of accuracy because of that recoil. The FAL works for Hardcore because one or two shots kills anyways.

I imagine that more new people will embrace the burst weapons, actually. Those seem to be the easiest to connect your shots/get headshots with.

Yeah I use it as shot..shot..shot.. Rather than shotshotshot so for me the recoil isnt an issue.

The stats are a good point, certainly I feel the FAL does more damage per bullet even though the stat bars say otherwise. I have no idea how accurate the stat bars are versus the actual game numbers. Has anyone pulled the actual numbers yet?

Hyunkel6 said:
I hear you. I got the AC130 for the 1st time yesterday, but it got shot down in a matter of seconds. Do we have any control over the flares? I doubt I'll ever get it again, unless it's in a care package. :(

We stopped using the Chopper, Harrier, and AC130 and we are all about the fast and deadly ones like the Predator, the Stealth Bomber, and the Precision Airstrike. They are in and out and cannot be shot down.

Plus, the Sentry is useless now cause we all have cold blooded so we just simply walk up in front of it and knife it. I love how there is a counter to everything in this game.

Barrett2

Weenerz said:
Damn, I need MW2 lessons from you :lol

vpx3si.gif

What is your avatar from? Im' seeing this girl in like 20 avatars lately.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
OldJadedGamer said:
We stopped using the Chopper, Harrier, and AC130 and we are all about the fast and deadly ones like the Predator, the Stealth Bomber, and the Precision Airstrike. They are in and out and cannot be shot down.

Plus, the Sentry is useless now cause we all have cold blooded so we just simply walk up in front of it and knife it. I love how there is a counter to everything in this game.

Thinking EAD is probably the best final tier KS now. My Harriers and Pavelows don't stand much of a chance anymore after 10 seconds.

Sean

Banned
I was playing a few hours ago and some dude used a nuke three matches in a row. His gamertag was like xX Frosty Xx or something.

That just seems crazy to me. We were losing nearly every time yet he kept getting nukes somehow. I should've followed him around and watched what he was doing.

JaseMath

I wonder if IW will ever patch multiplayer to make every map available in Free-For-All. It's seriously compacting my good experience since FFA is my most played mode by far.

Sean said:
I was playing a few hours ago and some dude used a nuke three matches in a row. His gamertag was like xX Frosty Xx or something.

That just seems crazy to me. We were losing nearly every time yet he kept getting nukes somehow. I should've followed him around and watched what he was doing.

AJ has nuked 17 times (with me witnessing 4 of it) before he got tired of it. Now he runs around in Riot shield :lol

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Lvl 17 so far, anyone can tell me why i see so many damn UMP 45's? Is it that good?

I've been spending most of my time running with lightweight+marathon+commando knifing up to 20ish kills (combined with grenade launcher and SCAR when the time is right of course). Running behind peoples who are running, dont notice you and you knife them, is full of win.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Buggy Loop said:
Lvl 17 so far, anyone can tell me why i see so many damn UMP 45's? Is it that good?
It's the primary weapon in the most noob-friendly pre-set class. Maybe some people don't bother customizing? It is really good, though... I can see why people use it.

Az

Just had my 2nd Nuke playing Domination. Thanks to all of you bitching at me, I took your Nuke-virginity. :lol

Seriously though, if a guy keeps killing you when you try to take B in almost the same position, how about flanking him?

I'm guessing most people are getting nukes in objective playlists? My highest streak is 18, but I'm a bum, so I'll probably never get a nuke in TDM. :(

Plus, I can tell the difference between the competition compared to a week ago. Players are starting to learn what the hell is going on. :lol

OldJadedGamer said:
I've never seen a Nuke and I'm going on 20 hours playtime. Guess my friends don't suck enough to give up 25 kills in a row to the other team...
Several hours into my 2nd 24hours and I've still never seen a nuke. Maybe one day...

RSTEIN said:
Holy crap what's with matchmaking/lag tonight? Anyone else having problems?
Only in ground war, but that seems to be an often occurrence. Other than that, not really. 360 btw.

The only thing that bugs me about matchmaking on the 360 is that if you have a party 4 or greater, it's difficult to keep everyone together for that first attempt to get into a game. I hope there is some kind of tweaking that can be done about that.

My party was about to play a guy from IW the other night, at least I think he was (he had the IW symbol as his emblem), but we got kicked out because our party didn't hold together. His name was Notorious something or other and his title was the maxed out M16 one.

Kibbles

Wow PC version gets worse every day. People on the IW forums have been saying IWNet is infected with a Trojan now. :lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Does anyone else feel the netcode in MW2 is not as up to par as COD4? Perhaps it's just the amount of people playing, but it seems like a 3 bar connection in MW2 is about the same as a 2 bar in COD4. Finding myself getting killed around corners much more frequently than in previous games, where I clearly dodged the fire on my screen.

UFRA

DeuceMojo said:
I've had the same question. Isn't it kinda good if it works once, considering you could get worked if 2 or three guys camped your spot?

Good point, however if it worked multiple times, then you could really do some damage if you have it hidden well.

Also, if some guys camped it and kept killing you, you could switch classes one time and then try again.

I guess, at a minimum I'd rather it worked 2 times than just once.

Calen

Kibbles said:
Wow PC version gets worse every day. People on the IW forums have been saying IWNet is infected with a Trojan now. :lol
As was said in the other thread on this topic, this is a false positive from one particular AV vendor that has already been patched by said vendor.

Top Bottom