• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

buy teh haloz said:
* Team Deathmatch
* Free-For-All
* Domination
* Ground War
* Sabotage
* Headquarters Pro
* Search and Destroy
* Capture The Flag
* Demolition
* 3rd Person Team Deathmatch
* 3rd Person Hardcore Team Deathmatch
* 3rd Person Cage Match
* Hardcore Team Deathmatch
* Hardcore Search and Destroy
* Ricochet Team Deathmatch

I just watched a video of 3rd person domination, this isn't listed here, guessing it's a custom playlist/private match?

I'm sitting and staring at this game of pick up..:lol ..animations look like they could be in one of Take Two's basketball games, nothing beats quality animations at 60 frames.

Didnt know
Keith David
was in this...:D

.nimrod

Does anybody know what the code on he back of the manual is for?

14n0g39.jpg

didn't see any place on their website to put that in

EDIT:

just saw this...

2psivqc.jpg

i wonder what this "exclusive content" will be though...

otakuderek

ALeperMessiah said:
well looks like the indie store in central Ohio that normally sells these games early is going to have it in this afternoon. Might have to leave work a few minutes early and take the trip. It will be worth it to have it over the weekend.

What part of Ohio are you from?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
2eogw82.jpg

t0oxzq.jpg

:D

The friends of mine that own the store even threw in the guide for free, so early Modern Warfare 2 + free thick guide so that I can come up with the perfect customization setups, and I'm a happy gamer right here! :D

The funny thing is, I may be bouncing between MW2 AND Gears 2 tonight since my friends just told me that Gears 2 has triple XP and a totally new Lethality mode for the 1st anniversary of Gears 2... daaaaaaammnn - what timing...

.nimrod said:
Does anybody know what the code on he back of the manual is for?

14n0g39.jpg

didn't see any place on their website to put that in
Eventually it will be so you can export the maps to Call of Duty 8: Modern Warfare 3, but for now you can go to Activision's website and print a sticker pack.

MMaRsu

Skilotonn said:
2eogw82.jpg

t0oxzq.jpg

:D

The friends of mine that own the store even threw in the guide for free, so early Modern Warfare 2 + free thick guide so that I can come up with the perfect customization setups, and I'm a happy gamer right here! :D

The funny thing is, I may be bouncing between MW2 AND Gears 2 tonight since my friends just told me that Gears 2 has triple XP and a totally new Lethality mode for the 1st anniversary of Gears 2... daaaaaaammnn - what timing...

Damn you lucky bastard :p. Maybe I should catch a train to R'dam tomorrow :lol only an hour away!

:lol

Enosh

got mail about my PC version being delivered, should be there tomorow or on monday
well won't be able to play it until the 13th anyway :(

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
MMaRsu said:
Damn you lucky bastard :p. Maybe I should catch a train to R'dam tomorrow :lol only an hour away!

:lol

Maybe you could, but it seems that they're really, really being extra careful - I happened to be there because I knew it was coming today, but I had to make the call myself around the time I posted here earlier, they didn't even call me like they usually do!

winnarps

Definitely haven't been able to find anyone in northern Virginia selling this early. Everyone seems to have it, but just locked 'til Tues. Oh well.

Damn you guys that got it early! :p

I really like the beginning with
the convoy and being totally uncertain as to who was going to open up on me.
What I dont like though, is the fucking blood splatter. I dont mind it in slower paced games, but here, it's a bloody nuisance, quite literally I'm afraid.

MMaRsu

Skilotonn said:
Maybe you could, but it seems that they're really, really being extra careful - I happened to be there because I knew it was coming today, but I had to make the call myself around the time I posted here earlier, they didn't even call me like they usually do!

Well I meant to come over to your crib and shoot the shit out of you in splitscreen :lol . But nah, I'll just get it on monday ( hopefully! )

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if it's been posted, but mom and pop shops in New York City broke street dates... all over the place.

Video Games New York is selling now, plus I heard a bunch of places in Chinatown.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
MMaRsu said:
Well I meant to come over to your crib and shoot the shit out of you in splitscreen :lol . But nah, I'll just get it on monday ( hopefully! )

Ahhhhh okay :)

You'll get it for sure - in any case, the game is in the country!

MMaRsu

Skilotonn said:
Ahhhhh okay :)

You'll get it for sure - in any case, the game is in the country!

Hehe I know man.. already called some stores.. they have it but won't sell. Let's just hope they sell it on monday, my day off.

ShinAmano

Can anyone link me to the Toys R Us ad that offers a $20 gift card with purchase when you have the Rewards R Us membership? Thanks.

Ephemeris

El_TigroX said:
I don't know if it's been posted, but mom and pop shops in New York City broke street dates... all over the place.

Video Games New York is selling now, plus I heard a bunch of places in Chinatown.
I know a couple spots in Brooklyn as well.

Couldn't find a hardened version to save my life. Oh well, was gonna give it to someone on GAF anyways. Only wanted the case.:lol

Any 360 players wanna hit up Co-op later?

MMaRsu

GAZERK said:
What a great video. This just makes me feel even more conflicted about getting or not getting the game for PC.

Why the fuck would you want the pc version? It's gimped to hell and back.

cameltoe

Ephemeris said:
I know a couple spots in Brooklyn as well.

Couldn't find a hardened version to save my life. Oh well, was gonna give it to someone on GAF anyways. Only wanted the case.:lol

Any 360 players wanna hit up Co-op later?

x sticky ii

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MMaRsu said:
Why the fuck would you want the pc version? It's gimped to hell and back.

For everything that is gimped, it still has advantages over the 360 and PS3 versions (mainly resolution and mouse control). I'm splitting it three ways with my dad and bro. Even if the multi is as irritating as we feel it will be, at 20$ a piece the singleplayer is still worth it for us.

ergo said:
Can you at least wait before respawning [when using Tactical Insertion]?

yep, you don't have to respawn right away, as someone else mentioned...

once a tac insert has been dropped you don't have to keep it there either, you can pick it up off the ground and it goes back into your equipment slot - so if you're done defending a capture point or something you can bring it with you as you move to your next engagement.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Calen said:
This is exactly how they got through that level. She camped out someplace relatively safe and killed them as they came. The enemy AI flanks a lot more aggressively in MW2, so some of what felt like spawns behind you may have been guys seeking out your sides or back. It didn't take them too long. Granted they were playing on Regular (not Recruit though! I am so proud) but to the best of my knowledge there's not anything fundamentally different about the spawning on Vet.

Obligatory disclaimer - I am a programmer not a designer, so I don't know everything about all spawns on every map, but I know it was a priority for the designers to let you progress like this.

Stealth edit to add spoiler tags just to be on the safe side.
I'll take your word for it, thanks for the honest response.
It really didn't feel that way to me, because I did stay back in the start (didn't jump down) and tried from there.

I'll try it again on Tuesday when my other copy comes in.

I called about a gazillion places around St. Louis and haven't been able to find a place, despite hearing up to three shops had broken street date. Harrumph

.nimrod

i've just finished the
fortress
and omg it's so awesome Ô_Ô

so far, i like the singleplayer of mw2 a lot more than cod4

A.R.K

Halfway through SP campaign and though there were a few cool moments, I'm not that impressed so far.
It's exactly like the first, cheap mechanics and all.

Game is fun, but yeah, its more of the same.....COD 4 SP is still better IMO and that aint saying much

I was having HUGE trouble with even the first handful of SP missions until I figured out that IW doesn't ever want the player to stop - they want you moving forward at all times. Once I sorted that out I've been dying a lot less.

You can't be meticulous and pick off dudes of rooftops one at a time. You just need to keep moving and shooting.

Overall, MW2 is basically just a new MW1. If you weren't nuts about the original I don't see how this one could change your mind. I think it's probably been overhyped, TBH. I don't think it can replace Uncharted 2 as GotY. But it's still very polished and a lot of fun.

WTF IW, SP is as important as MP!!!! Looks like more of the same old. I think this is one of those over-hyped games which will get 9s 10s across board but will fall short when the dust settles.

Also after watching some MP footage I am not impressed by the graphics at all apart from some good lighting.

Now I am not sure about my pre-order! :/

Will keep reading GAF impressions.

Top Bottom