• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm at work, =/, I miss MW2 already

Stupid payday =S, grabbing my check and grabbing soem mochi ice cream, and its an all niter with MW2

Holy Fuck!, Spec Ops is amazing, it make you feel badass:

I played only the first 2 missions on Spec-Ops.
First mision is just the training stage (PIT) from SP that you have to complete under a matter of time, certain seconds (35 seconds/3 stars, 2 stars/40 sec, 1 star/45 sec), got in with a time of 32.xx.
The second mission, (I had it on Veteran, was playing solo, no friend with copy =/) is fucking amazing. Getting flanked from everywhere, AI taking cover, trucks/jeeps rolling 10deep is hilarious.

Predator Drone + Missle Strike = life saver, there 5 waves for Veteran difficulty, I think on the 3rd wave, there were 24 infantry + 1 jeep carrying 5-7 more. I quickly took out my RPG, launched it into the jeep, Kaboom!, killed those fuckers. Quickly set claymore by me to protect me while I called in the predator. Searched out the baddies, shot the missle near the vicinty of 5-7 guys, took out 15+ lol, I went from like 22 enemies remaing to like 5 :lol

This game is going to get me fired from work lol =/

cameltoe

Stupid question but I have to know.

[x] I played MW2 and has not the respawn. At least not like the previous games.
[] I played MW2 and has the respawn

cameltoe

theignoramus said:
What was the level of difficulty?
COD4 veteran literally had just dozens and dozens of areas where you literally had to sprint or die from a hailstorm of impeccably aimed shots from dudes over 50 meters away.
I assume MW2 Hardened and Vet are exactly the same?

Not quite the same....there are a few spots that will frustrate but nothing like the last one.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
LOL. I got it yesterday and played for a little while before an Entertainment Law class I had. For the whole two hours I wanted to just dart of out it screaming, "Sorry, Must Play More MW2."

:lol you should have done it, and you should have done it in a very low pitched voice

Klyka

Banned
I got the UK version today.

Can anyone tell me if it is definitely save to go online with it? Are IW/MS banning legit copies?

Weenerz

Banned
Broadbandito said:
i want to know this. unless this is actually dated for the 10th and cant download it yet?

Why would they bother with CoD1 atm when they have freaking MW2 in their machine?

MMaRsu

Klyka said:
I got the UK version today.

Can anyone tell me if it is definitely save to go online with it? Are IW/MS banning legit copies?

They have and will never do such a retarded thing.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Max said:
I totally recognized Wasteland when I saw gameplay footage. <3 CoD2 remake maps!

Brecourt is actually a CoD1 map that was remade in CoD2. You guys missed out if you never played multiplayer in Call of Duty 1, I always felt it was better than 2.

Weenerz

Banned
grif1020 said:
Brecourt is actually a CoD1 map that was remade in CoD2. You guys missed out if you never played multiplayer in Call of Duty 1, I always felt it was better than 2.

CoD1 for the pc was pretty amazing for multiplayer. Except for the jump proners.

X26

Banned
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
So for Spec Ops do you have to have particular friend in mind to play (ie this is no matchmaking services)? If so, man that sucks, I really want to play Overwatch now and not wait for a friend to get it or come over.

Anyone with the game want to confirm this?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I hate it when many get this shit early. Are IW gonna reset levels? They should just let the game out. What are a few days anyways?

Lothars

Weenerz said:
Why would they bother with CoD1 atm when they have freaking MW2 in their machine?

Because Cod1 is an amazing game and honestly is just as big of a reason I want to get MW2 for.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Calen said:
You can do this, actually, at least the vast majority of the time. This is what my wife and a friend of mine (neither of them with much FPS experience) did while I watched them play through the whole campaign.
During the slower sequences yes, where you're just walking through a linear path to point B, but not during sequences like
the firefight when you're in Brazil after the guy tells the civilians to get out of the way
there were enemies spawning behind me, out of nowhere. I had to run and die, run and die, run and die before I got close enough to the path where they suddenly all got quiet and I made it to safety.
Maybe it's only on veteran?

kitch9 said:
I'm going to hold off to see how shitty the PC version is before I do anything. IW have done the best they can to turn me off this game.

What are you holding out for?
Its got pc exclusive factors like Mouse Control, In Game Text Chat, and Graphics Settings.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DevelopmentArrested said:
:lol you serious?
please take those rose-tinted night vision goggles off.

I played the game again this year and it aged incredibly well. I'm interested in seeing how the PSN/Arcade versions turn out.

HooCares

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:
Those with the game, can you answer the following two questions?
Please?

• Can you, after dropping a tactical insertion, opt not to respawn at that point in case you think it's too hot?
  • Can you customize killstreaks on a per-class basis?

Re-posting these good questions. Anybody?

DoomGyver

I don't have a copy but..
* Can you, after dropping a tactical insertion, opt not to respawn at that point in case you think it's too hot?
* Can you customize killstreaks on a per-class basis?

1 I would say that you have the choice.
2 I don't believe so.

grif1020 said:
I played the game again this year and it aged incredibly well. I'm interested in seeing how the PSN/Arcade versions turn out.
interested sure.. but just as hyped as for MW2 seems ridiculous especially since CoD1 will be on XBL.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Now I know why they made the F.A.G.S. video. (not really)
[training level spoiler]
In one of the the background conversations of the soldiers standing around he says to another "You still gay?............................ Haha just kidding."

RavenFox

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
I hate it when many get this shit early. Are IW gonna reset levels? They should just let the game out. What are a few days anyways?
From what I read Yes there will be a reset of stats on launch day.
YuriLowell said:
What are you holding out for?
Its got pc exclusive factors like Mouse Control, In Game Text Chat, and Graphics Settings.
:lol indeed

Eric WK

Something like three and a half hours into Campaign on Veteran and I'm just beginning the last mission of Act II. I don't know how many missions are in Act III.

ergo said:
Can you at least wait before respawning?

You can wait for the duration of the killstreak. I guess it could be practical to wait in certain situations, but if the tactical insertion is right next to where you died in the enemy's base or something, I've found it most advantageous to just respawn immediately and catch them off guard.

MMaRsu

dallow_bg said:
[training level spoiler]
In one of the the background conversations of the soldiers standing around he says to another "You still gay?............................ Haha just kidding."

Wow great writing.. real funny

DoomGyver

dallow_bg said:
[training level spoiler]
Gay jokes must be popular around the IW office.

Eric WK

GraveRobberX said:
I'm at work, =/, I miss MW2 already

I asked for Tuesday - Thursday off next week and opted to work all weekend Friday - Monday. Now I have the game early and want to shoot myself in the fucking head. It's going to be a long day.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
dallow_bg said:
[training level spoiler]

Y2k is right, this game is going for an emotional high.

dallow_bg said:
[training level spoiler]

Wow

so has anybody got word about if when the game launches those of us with early copies will be getting retroactive trophies for single player or will we have to play it again? Kind of odd that they are blocking trophies for single player.

dallow_bg said:
[training level spoiler]

hilarious.

Talon

dallow_bg said:
[training level spoiler]
Classy if true.

Boogat

Billy Mitchell said:
so has anybody got word about if when the game launches those of us with early copies will be getting retroactive trophies for single player or will we have to play it again? Kind of odd that they are blocking trophies for single player.
Calen posted last night, saying that they are not intentionally blocking the trophies. He said they will be looking into it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18374196&postcount=1393

Calen

dallow_bg said:
During the slower sequences yes, where you're just walking through a linear path to point B, but not during sequences like
the firefight when you're in Brazil after the guy tells the civilians to get out of the way
there were enemies spawning behind me, out of nowhere. I had to run and die, run and die, run and die before I got close enough to the path where they suddenly all got quiet and I made it to safety.
Maybe it's only on veteran?
This is exactly how they got through that level. She camped out someplace relatively safe and killed them as they came. The enemy AI flanks a lot more aggressively in MW2, so some of what felt like spawns behind you may have been guys seeking out your sides or back. It didn't take them too long. Granted they were playing on Regular (not Recruit though! I am so proud) but to the best of my knowledge there's not anything fundamentally different about the spawning on Vet.

Obligatory disclaimer - I am a programmer not a designer, so I don't know everything about all spawns on every map, but I know it was a priority for the designers to let you progress like this.

Stealth edit to add spoiler tags just to be on the safe side.

Top Bottom