• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

GodofWine

Need moar MP screens!!

Who else is totally not going to play the SP at all? and wished IW just dumped all their time into a MP only game?

Also, do you think that one day (soon) they will do this?

amar212

buy teh haloz said:
* Team Deathmatch
* Free-For-All
* Domination
* Ground War
* Sabotage
* Headquarters Pro
* Search and Destroy
* Capture The Flag
* Demolition
* 3rd Person Team Deathmatch
* 3rd Person Hardcore Team Deathmatch
* 3rd Person Cage Match
* Hardcore Team Deathmatch
* Hardcore Search and Destroy
* Ricochet Team Deathmatch

Where is my Team Tactical?

And what is Ricochet TD?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
amar212 said:
Where is my Team Tactical?

And what is Ricochet TD?
Wow...if there is no Tactical mode I'm really going to not be liking this... As it was I was just going to get this game to play with my friends who are obsessed with it.

Single player sounds uninteresting (obviously it's good, but it sounds like more of the same) and Tactical mode was the ONLY mode I liked in the multiplayer space.

FFUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Loxley

GodofWine said:
Who else is totally not going to play the SP at all? and wished IW just dumped all their time into a MP only game?

Nope and nope.

You have to bare in mind that even if the majority of GAF hates the single player, it is not unquestionable fact that the single-player is terrible. I'd much rather play it for myself and form my own opinion based on my own experiences.

Besides, given just how pissy GAF (and the internet in general) has been about MW2 lately, I'm taking any criticism with a large grain of salt. I have a feeling many are going into the game determined to hate it and/or find things to give IW grief over, and as such I don't feel like I can trust any of the non-mainstream reviews for the time being.

F#A#Oo

Banned
ColR100 said:
Your damn avatar locks my Safari browser up, and so I check what's up with your image you're displaying.

Serves you right for using a shit browser...Safari is for pretentious cocks tbh.

kitch9

Banned
I'm going to hold off to see how shitty the PC version is before I do anything. IW have done the best they can to turn me off this game.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I just got word that the store I usually go to is supposed to get MW2 in today... :D

I have a meeting to go to within an hour, and the way things are going, it may take a while to finish - I just want to blow off the whole thing so that I can just go and pick it up the instant it arrives at the store - the stream I've been watching for the past two days got me hyped as hell for the game despite me being out of the COD loop for so long aside from the two betas...

My jealousy of you early players should hopefully end within 2 hours!

MMaRsu

Skilotonn said:
I just got word that the store I usually go to is supposed to get MW2 in today... :D

I have a meeting to go to within an hour, and the way things are going, it may take a while to finish - I just want to blow off the whole thing so that I can just go and pick it up the instant it arrives at the store - the stream I've been watching for the past two days got me hyped as hell for the game despite me being out of the COD loop for so long aside from the two betas...

My jealousy of you early players should hopefully end within 2 hours!

What store dude? :(

GodofWine said:
Need moar MP screens!!

That would be AWESOME if they released the multiplayer by itself on PSN, just like EA/Dice did with Battlefield 1943.
I would at least wish we could "install" the multiplayer portion of the game somehow (a code?). It's annoying to have to put the game in and go through all of those menus for the two years you continue to play multiplayer and the single player is long forgotten about.

fraaap

Neo Member
Has anyone who ordered from game.co.uk got their copy yet? I got my despatch notice yesterday, but the Parcelforce tracking number isn't working.

So for Spec Ops do you have to have particular friend in mind to play (ie this is no matchmaking services)? If so, man that sucks, I really want to play Overwatch now and not wait for a friend to get it or come over.

F#A#Oo

Banned
fraaap said:
Has anyone who ordered from game.co.uk got their copy yet? I got my despatch notice yesterday, but the Parcelforce tracking number isn't working.

All the big UK retailers have been ordered to not delivery before the 10th. Your order will remain with the courier till Monday for delivery Tuesday.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
GodofWine said:
Need moar MP screens!!

Absolutely not.

GodofWine said:
Need moar MP screens!!

God, I hope not. For me, SP and MP are just as important. I wan't to be part of the SP story and experience as well as playing with friends/randoms in MP.

Heimspiel-Games in Munich/Germany is selling it the moment I'm writing this. 59€ for the US Version PS3/360. Gonna pick up mine in round about 2 hours. So pumped for this game :D !

GuardianE said:
Absolutely not.

Agreed. It's a bit silly, but its really fun to play and has some great set pieces. I have to admit I tried laying things out logically and gave up after a couple of minutes and started having a huge headache. :lol I give them credit for using real countries and not random spots on the map for Genericarabia.

Still, I'm starting to think at some point (much like the last one), a fair amount of SP levels got gutted. There is some huge gaps in the story, where it seems like a level should be there.

For example:
1. Protecting Raptor during Wolverines, there is no explanation for who he is, or how your unit came into protecting him
2. What happened to the government (evacuating the President could have been a great level), and how wide scale was the invasion?

Hopefully when the PC version comes out some can confirm it by looking through code.

I have to say I think World in Conflict got the
America invaded feeling and setting
done a lot better than MW2.

I wish that instead of MP map packs (or at least doing both), IW would do a single player expansion (there is a lot of story they can add in).

F#A#Oo said:
All the big UK retailers have been ordered to not delivery before the 10th. Your order will remain with the courier till Monday for delivery Tuesday.
What?? I've never heard anything like that before. I usually get pre-orders 1-3 days early. The e-mail from HMV said 2-5 days shipping and that was on Tuesday. I was expecting it this weekend.

Rikyfree said:
Just watched a stream of the mp. Mother fucking BRECOURT remake. No longer on the fence due to just ONE map. FUCK ME.

Right on dude. I saw some crappy youtube footage of that shit and I thought it looked familiar.

Looks like the map is called Wasteland.

COD4 had some great maps, but COD2 still reigns supreme for me.

buy teh haloz said:
Ricochet means that damage you do to teammates is reflected back to you.

Ah, my favorite PC servers did this on the hardcore game modes, I always was a big fan. So, if there's a flavor of friendly fire, does this mean that the Ricochet mode is hardcore?

F#A#Oo

Banned
micromagic said:
What?? I've never heard anything like that before. I usually get pre-orders 1-3 days early. The e-mail from HMV said 2-5 days shipping and that was on Tuesday. I was expecting it this weekend.

Happened with GTA-IV actually...

Sh0pTo normally ship 1 day early...they are also dispatching for delivery tuesday. Activision are not messing around with MW2.

ASDA are apparently doing a midnight 24 hour £27 offer price for 360/PS3 versions of MW2.

ACE 1991

I'm still on the fence about buying this one... I'm waiting for reviews first. I love call of duty, but I do this purely out of habit :lol

Synless

AnIco said:
PS3 version of MW2 tells you what mode you're playing through the XMB friends list. One of my friends is playing it and it shows him playing "Domination in Wasteland"

Nice, wish more PS3 games did this.
EA games have been pretty good about doing this. I would say most of there games over the last year do it.

ACE 1991 said:
I'm still on the fence about buying this one... I'm waiting for reviews first. I love call of duty, but I do this purely out of habit :lol
What are reviews going to tell at this point in order to make you buy it?

Those with the game, can you answer the following two questions?
Please?

• Can you, after dropping a tactical insertion, opt not to respawn at that point in case you think it's too hot?
  • Can you customize killstreaks on a per-class basis?

ACE 1991

Foxtastical said:
What are reviews going to tell at this point in order to make you buy it?

I have no idea. I'm just an idiot who can't make decisions for himself. Fuck it, I'm pre-ordering it :lol

F#A#Oo said:
Happened with GTA-IV actually...

Sh0pTo normally ship 1 day early...they are also dispatching for delivery tuesday. Activision are not messing around with MW2.

ASDA are apparently doing a midnight 24 hour £27 offer price for 360/PS3 versions of MW2.
Hope you're wrong, I'd be bummed if I have to wait until Tuesday. Will pick up another copy from ASDA for £27 though on Tuesday, I remember they did that for WaW.

Dynamic3

buy teh haloz said:
* Team Deathmatch
* Free-For-All
* Domination
* Ground War
* Sabotage
* Headquarters Pro
* Search and Destroy
* Capture The Flag
* Demolition
* 3rd Person Team Deathmatch
* 3rd Person Hardcore Team Deathmatch
* 3rd Person Cage Match
* Hardcore Team Deathmatch
* Hardcore Search and Destroy
* Ricochet Team Deathmatch

Damn, I was really hoping they were going to add an assassination game type.

Calen

GDJustin said:
Nope - if anything the infinite enemy respawns & heavy sequence scripting is even more prevalent here than in MW1. In several sections you will have enemies appear behind you and begin shooting in order to push you forward.

I was having HUGE trouble with even the first handful of SP missions until I figured out that IW doesn't ever want the player to stop - they want you moving forward at all times. Once I sorted that out I've been dying a lot less.

You can't be meticulous and pick off dudes of rooftops one at a time. You just need to keep moving and shooting.
You can do this, actually, at least the vast majority of the time. This is what my wife and a friend of mine (neither of them with much FPS experience) did while I watched them play through the whole campaign.

FuttBuck said:
Late to this thread, but it's a nice one =)

So fucking hyped for this game. Gonna rush out of my shit Law class on tuesday to get this early.

LOL. I got it yesterday and played for a little while before an Entertainment Law class I had. For the whole two hours I wanted to just dart of out it screaming, "Sorry, Must Play More MW2."

Anyone know if Play Me in the West Edmonton Mall has this? They release early, got my copy of KZ2 a couple days before the official NA release date
(Was gunna boycott the shit out of this, but looks like I'm a spineless coward. Take my money Activision, you cunts!)

well looks like the indie store in central Ohio that normally sells these games early is going to have it in this afternoon. Might have to leave work a few minutes early and take the trip. It will be worth it to have it over the weekend.

Calen said:
You can do this, actually, at least the vast majority of the time. This is what my wife and a friend of mine (neither of them with much FPS experience) did while I watched them play through the whole campaign.
What was the level of difficulty?
COD4 veteran literally had just dozens and dozens of areas where you literally had to sprint or die from a hailstorm of impeccably aimed shots from dudes over 50 meters away.
I assume MW2 Hardened and Vet are exactly the same?

Top Bottom