• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Dresden

Patrick Bateman said:
What's wrong with all those idiots on youtube praising people doing 360° no scope shots with their shitty intervention?
Keep encouraging them so we have more montage idiots to get free kills off of.

Accidentus

Neo Member
Patrick Bateman said:
What's wrong with all those idiots on youtube praising people doing 360° no scope shots with their shitty intervention?
Montage kids. These are the same people that did launch sticks in Halo 2. I just find it annoying when they get put in top 10 videos which further support these idiots.

zam

Dresden said:
Keep encouraging them so we have more montage idiots to get free kills off of.
I love games where half the enemy team is snipers just running up close range and jumping back and forth trying to get a mid-air quickscope, does wonders for my k/d ratio :lol

The video was pretty great, it could have been a bit shorter but

1. smoke part
2. snow wookie
3. spy game accolade

really made the video :lol

PetriP-TNT said:
The video was pretty great, it could have been a bit shorter but

1. smoke part
2. snow wookie
3. spy game accolade

really made the video :lol

Bitching about how the guy with the stinger stole his Harrier kill was also priceless. :lol

kuYuri

backflip10019 said:
So did most of CoDGAF faithful pick up the maps or what? I got them day 2.

I'm still big on MW2 and I didn't pick it up. I'm going to wait and see if it pops up as an XBL weekly deal or if it goes on a weekend sale like CoD4 Variety Map pack.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I bought the maps so early they didn't even fucking work. :lol

I hope the success of this cements us more than just one more map pack!

I just hope the success of the map pack doesnt stabilize 1200 MS points as the standard price point for map packs etc

Bought the maps day one. Two days ago got a message to thank me for purchasing them and being an active member of the XBOX Live community, and because of that they extended my one year membership an extra week. Awesome? :lol

RJNavarrete said:
Bought the maps day one. Two days ago got a message to thank me for purchasing them and being an active member of the XBOX Live community, and because of that they extended my one year membership an extra week. Awesome? :lol
I never got that message. :(

Seanspeed

Banned
backflip10019 said:
Tried to get it Day 1, but MS was having some issue with authorizing retail points cards on that day, so I had to wait til the next day.

I dont care about all the bashing, I still think MW2 is one of the best multiplayer experiences around, and even though its getting steep, $15 is not too much considering what I will get out of it.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
backflip10019 said:

I caved in on Day 2 as well. It was worth it.

The Stimulus Package has undoubtedly increased my enjoyment of MW2. The DLC maps are easily among the game's best IMO and the way Infinity Ward integrates the DLC seamlessly into the online matchmaking is great.

Non-DLC owners don't have their online experienced gimped and DLC owners get matched up with other DLC owners and can play the maps in ANY playlist. As I've said before, other devs should take notes on how IW handles DLC integration.

Cerrius said:
I caved in on Day 2 as well. It was worth it.

The Stimulus Package has undoubtedly increased my enjoyment of MW2. The DLC maps are easily among the game's best IMO and the way Infinity Ward integrates the DLC seamlessly into the online matchmaking is great.

Non-DLC owners don't have their online experienced gimped and DLC owners get matched up with other DLC owners and can play the maps in ANY playlist. As I've said before, other devs should take notes on how IW handles DLC integration.
Agreed on all points. Nobody has handled DLC as well, and personally I love all the new maps (minus salvage -- I love to hate that).

mr_boo

backflip10019 said:
Will pick up upon the PS3 release...I've got tons of gameplay mileage out of COD4, W@W and MW2...so far, I've been happy with the product and the quality. These days, going to the movies with your girl and buying popcorn averages almost 30 bucks where I live - that's approx 2 hours of enjoyment and that's pending that the movie is actually any good (which is rare these days).

holy shit there is an upcoming free weekend for MW2 on steam, I would have never expected such things to happen.

Can't turn down an offer to play for free.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Wow. That's interesting.. Halo 3 was at 2 trillion seconds last year (~64,000 years). So MW2 has done 3 times that on the 360 in 4 months.

any tips on game-types/maps to aim for over the free weekend?

Never played modern warfare (so plenty of being killed awaits) but I'm a reasonable mean TF2 player so I'm not completely lost.

Weapons or load-outs that might make the game a little easier to get into?

Red Scarlet

Will give this a try over the free weekend thing. Don't really know anything about the game but some steam friends play it (hi Mut).

Bjern Fita said:
any tips on game-types/maps to aim for over the free weekend?

Never played modern warfare (so plenty of being killed awaits) but I'm a reasonable mean TF2 player so I'm not completely lost.

Weapons or load-outs that might make the game a little easier to get into?

I would start with the M4A1 + SPAS-12 + Semtex + Flash grenades with Marathon, Stopping Power and Steady Aim. The M4 is easy to control with little recoil, and with Stopping Power goes ok damage-wise (take stopping power off and it's a pea-shooter though, be aware).

Once you unlock the SCAR-H stick with that. It's probably the best assault rifle in the game, and thus probably the best gun in the game, except maybe the UMP or AK-47 (the latter of which you don't get until level 70). It also has amazing iron sights which means no need for Red-Dot and you can chuck on silencer on, which does reduce damage a bit but helps a lot in not being seen on UAV and still being able to take them down quickly.

The perks above are all avaliable at the start and are some of the best in the game. If you find yourself getting smashed, use Cold-Blooded. You get it around level 20 and though your damage will be reduced, it helps a ton in not being seen by the enemy. Also, I would recommend using Ninja once you unlock it, particularly for its Pro version which once unlocked will make you super silent, which helps a great deal in flanking.

Once you get a feel for the game, you'll start finding out what perks suit your gamestyle best. Create a few classes that differ just so you have a range to choose from and can switch when things aren't going your way.

Also, get to learn the maps, and don't run around blindly. It'll only get you killed. Have some patience and learn the spots on the map where enemies will likely be. It'll take some time but soon enough you'll know where to go.

Start with TDM/Domination. Once you're comfortable, hardcore modes are great to rack up kills with different weapons since everything is basically one-shot kill, though be aware of campers. Search and Destroy is the best mode in the game but DO NOT start off with it, unless you want to get killed a lot.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Red Scarlet said:
Will give this a try over the free weekend thing. Don't really know anything about the game but some steam friends play it (hi Mut).

Actually a bunch of the L4D VS crew will be trying out plus Panda, Midnight, and I already own it. You should play with us too.

I love the variety in this game. I just prestiged, so I've been playing with a few relatively low-level kits, and I forgot how good they can be! My last session yesterday was played entirely with this class:

SCAR-H + Silencer
AA-12 + Grip
Semtex
Smoke
Scavenger Pro
Hardline (eventually got it to Pro over the course of the session)
Steady Aim Pro
UAV -> Predator -> Attack Heli

So good (aside from the Heli, but it's one of two killstreak emblems I haven't bothered to get until now). I forgot how good the AA-12 is after going back to G18s and the SPAS last prestige.

EDIT: Actually, the Heli wasn't entirely useless last night. I played a game of GW:TDM on Bailout, and it absolutely wrecked the other team. My first Heli got over 10 kills. I had more kills than the guy on my team with the Chopper Gunner. I guess they feared the Apache but not the Cobra, and it was their undoing.

Lourio

Hey guys, I'm back into MW2 - and I'm back for good - I forgot how much I enjoyed this game. Been on fire as of late; my build(s) that I've been using is the following...

When I'm feeling tactical...
SCAR-H w/ silencer
M39 w/ silencer
Semtex (God I love Semtex!)
Smoke Grenade (I love fucking with the enemy when I throw a smoke grenade)
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

When I want to have fun (usually in a Domination game)...
AK-47 w/ noob tube
Thumper
Claymore
Smoke Grenade
Scavenger Pro
Danger Close Pro
Sitrep Pro

Killstreaks: Predator -> Harrier -> AC130

Level 70, second prestige. Just wanna get a few emblems/call signs before I prestige again.

I'm on PS3... are the new maps are still scheduled to be released at end of the month? I'm a sucker for this shit and will most likely get these maps day 1.

Think I'm going to switch off of stopping power for good and use cold blooded or something. Sometimes I feel like it's a crutch for lack of aiming well.

Top Bottom