• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

aku:jiki

App looks pretty good. I'd check it out if codes worked in Europe.

ultim8p00 said:
I've done this lots of times. It's not as haxish as you think. It's called situational awareness. For example, if you are looking straight ahead and you hear footsteps, and none of your teammates are around you on the radar, then it's a probably someone trying to sneek up on you.
Dude, don't be condescending. I have more time spent in this game than you. I know what footsteps are, I know what Ninja does and I know what crouching can do too. And I'm telling you that's not what it was.

I used one of those codes above and here's my commentary on the app. Why are there only 5 different classes that you recommend using between all of the levels, two of which are the exact same minus a different scope? I like the map integration but really? Only 5 classes? For $2 you're definitely selling your customers short.

Your strategy section is fine, though it is riddled with grammatical errors, but how much strategy can you really talk while only recommending 5 classes? You should A) give a bit more variety and B) make your suggestions a little bit more in tune with what each map requires.

backflip10019 said:
I used one of those codes above and here's my commentary on the app. Why are there only 5 different classes that you recommend using between all of the levels, two of which are the exact same minus a different scope? I like the map integration but really? Only 5 classes? For $2 you're definitely selling your customers short.

Your strategy section is fine, though it is riddled with grammatical errors, but how much strategy can you really talk while only recommending 5 classes? You should A) give a bit more variety and B) make your suggestions a little bit more in tune with what each map requires.
I guess you won't be buying my version of the app... I recommend the tar21 for every situation and map. :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
RJNavarrete said:
I guess you won't be buying my version of the app... I recommend the tar21 for every situation and map. :lol

Sounds like a good plan to me. I that did through through most of my first prestige.

Brian Fellows said:
Sounds like a good plan to me. I that did through through most of my first prestige.
Are you some kind of fucked up version of yoda or something? I know you're probably typing on your phone (as am I) but that sentence is really messed up :lol.

backflip10019 said:
Are you some kind of fucked up version of yoda or something? I know you're probably typing on your phone (as am I) but that sentence is really messed up :lol.

:lol I had to read it 4 times before I saw it.

backflip10019 said:

What's funny is that the sentence made sense before it was edited.

Yes, I follow this thread that much. But you knew that already.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
backflip10019 said:

:lol OOPSY!

I do that all the time. I start a sentence one way then decide to change it halfway through. So I end up with a lot of double words in the middle. Most of the time I catch it though.

jiien

Brian Fellows said:
:lol OOPSY!

I do that all the time. I start a sentence one way then decide to change it halfway through. So I end up with a lot of double words in the middle. Most of the time I catch it though.

Haha, the problem isn't the double word in there :p

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
NJ Shlice I would've tried your app had it been UK compatible, sort me out dude!

those reviews you left on there are awful :lol You dont even try to hide the fact you wrote at least one of those reviews. Come on! :D

aku:jiki

Had a good night tonight, woo! Started off the session with like half a dozen games where I died 0-2 times and scored 30 kills. It feels damn good to go 28-1 while not camping or ignoring the objective for a second!

divisionbyzorro said:
I'm just happy I'm not the only one! :lol

zam

ultim8p00 said:
I've done this lots of times. It's not as haxish as you think. It's called situational awareness. For example, if you are looking straight ahead and you hear footsteps, and none of your teammates are around you on the radar, then it's a probably someone trying to sneek up on you. I always run around with my M1014 unless im in the open, which I usually am not, so I always get people who are trying to sneek up on me from behind 90% of the time because they usually have Commando on and not Ninja Pro. Also my sensitivity is on like 8 so I turn around pretty fast. Combine that with the large spread of a shotgun and its dealiness at close-range and trying to sneek up on me is pretty suicidal.
You missed the part in my post where I clearly stated that I was using Ninja Pro and Cold-blooded pro, they weren't using Sitrep. I know what footsteps are, I have played this game a lot (and aku:jiki who was in the same game is lvl 70 on 10th prestige). There is situational awareness and then there is dudes you see running away from you, turn around and shoot you as soon as you come round the corner, and then keep on running in their original direction. On top of that when you get kills like that (or ones like I mentioned earlier) there is definitely something up.

To cap it all off modern warfare 2 is extremely easy to hack due to jtagged 360s. Hacks are more prevalent in this game than any other 360 game I've played, and it's not just glitching like care package glitch, but confirmed hacks like the fast run hack, constant UAV, heartbeat sensor that pulses 100x faster, having big red boxes where enemies are, laser sights for weapons for ultra accurate hip fire, etc etc.

aku:jiki said:
Here's a video that shows some hacks in action:

http://www.youtube.com/oosbando#p/a/u/1/T2eIdFH7SAo

He's got the following: SPAS-12 with camo, SPAS-12 with laser pointer, constant UAV (which disregards ColdBlooded as far as I know), gold Deagle, 3 weapons (I believe) and a debug ticker thing on-screen. He doesn't have a JTAG Xbox - he was "infected" with these things. (And as a random confirmation; I played with him the other day and he didn't have any hacks on then.)
wow what a bunch of crap :(

Hyunkel6

OT: How is COD4's multiplayer now that MW2 is out? Is it more noob-friendly now that all the hardcore players migrated over to MW2? I got the game 2 days ago, and want to give the MP a try.

zam

Hyunkel6 said:
OT: How is COD4's multiplayer now that MW2 is out? Is it more noob-friendly now that all the hardcore players migrated over to MW2? I got the game 2 days ago, and want to give the MP a try.
I can't imagine going back to COD4 after playing MW2. The perks, the weapons, the equipment the choice in attachments, the killstreaks etc.

I would however like to see classic style playlist in MW2, with the only killstreaks allowed being UAV, Precision Airstrike (yes I know it's not 5 kills but it's the closest thing) and Attack Helicopter. However I don't know how they would manage it, especially if people playing didn't have those killstreaks unlocked, sadly it doesn't seem like the framework for it is in the game..

HoTHiTTeR

Posting for a friend...has anyone had issues with dirty disc errors popping up after purchasing the stimulus package? He can play fine without the dlc but as soon as he (re)downloads it and enters a playlist/dlc map it dirty discs on him.

divisionbyzorro said:
You want us to endorse an iPhone app where you charge for information that could be found in a FAQ online for free? :lol :lol
Too many of these types of apps appearing, nearly all the big hitting games have app guides now. I guess it's where the money is since fart apps don't sell any more :lol

Wait... WHAT. THE. FUCK...?!?!?!?!

Unlike in previous CoD games where if someone called in a UAV after you while yours was still up it just cancelled out, in MW2 there is a different system. If more than one UAV is called in at one time, the refresh rate of your mini-map will get faster. For example, if 4 UAVs are active at one time for your team, the refresh rate on the mini-map will be near instantaneous, providing you with an almost real time view of enemy locations. Keep that in mind.

mind-blown.jpg

:O :O :O :O

Mileena

Banned
Hyunkel6 said:
Far better maps, less bullshit perks, no shotguns as secondary, etc. I say go for it.

divisionbyzorro said:

You ARE CodGaf - I know your posts are usually pretty solid and it really does seem like your the authority around here :lol

As for DnB's video, I guess 3 weapons would be more hassle to juggle than it would be a benefit, and the laser sight on a shotgun isnt going to help much (looks cool though). Those particular hacks dont seem to bad, but I can see it spreading. ACR with laser sights would be dangerous.

bobs99 ... said:
You ARE CodGaf - I know your posts are usually pretty solid and it really does seem like your the authority around here :lol

Oh, I wouldn't say that. I like Commando and I hate Team Deathmatch. That puts me in the minority right there :lol

jedimike

zam said:
I can't imagine going back to COD4 after playing MW2. The perks, the weapons, the equipment the choice in attachments, the killstreaks etc.

I would however like to see classic style playlist in MW2, with the only killstreaks allowed being UAV, Precision Airstrike (yes I know it's not 5 kills but it's the closest thing) and Attack Helicopter. However I don't know how they would manage it, especially if people playing didn't have those killstreaks unlocked, sadly it doesn't seem like the framework for it is in the game..

They could do it. Before you unlock any killstreaks at Level 10, they give you UAV, Care Package, and Predator Missle (I think).

RJNavarrete said:
Wait... WHAT. THE. FUCK...?!?!?!?!

mind-blown.jpg

:O :O :O :O

So my suspicions were correct then, i knew i noticed the UAV scanner sometimes being ultra fast, i only assumed it was because more were called in during the original one.

Gotta love finding stuff like that out months after release :D

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
Oh, I wouldn't say that. I like Commando and I hate Team Deathmatch. That puts me in the minority right there :lol

I hate commando. It's next to worthless. I always get shot mid lunge. They need to add invincibility or something to make it worth a damn.

Xux said:
I'm dead serious. Steady Aim's way better for close combat.

Oh, absolutely. Steady Aim is a much more versatile perk (just ask anyone wielding akimbo G18s). But Commando already has invincibility frames during the lunge. Try activating it sooner and see what happens :lol

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
Oh, absolutely. Steady Aim is a much more versatile perk (just ask anyone wielding akimbo G18s). But Commando already has invincibility frames during the lunge. Try activating it sooner and see what happens :lol

No it doesn't. Any sooner and I'm watching myself knife the air in the killcam.

Xux said:
No it doesn't. Any sooner and I'm watching myself knife the air in the killcam.

I'm pretty sure that everybody here in the thread knows about Commando invulnerability. I bet Corkscrew has at least half a dozen videos to demonstrate just how bullshit it is. And Aku (like myself) could probably write an entire essay on the subject. So, what I guess I'm saying is "vids or it didn't happen." :lol

MrDaravon

I didn't know about the UAV thing either. Honestly though I usually only glance at the radar to get an idea on where people are at, since I don't trust it 100% (people using cold-blooded, etc).

Also I finally finished Mastery on the M240 tonight (Good GOD) and started up with the F2000, which was surprisingly not terrible. Not the best, but I'd say the main thing that seems to hurt it is it could stand to be a tad stronger or have a tad longer clip. Went 24 and 7 my first game, although honestly that could be just due to finally not being dragged down by the M240 anymore :lol

SailorDaravon said:
I didn't know about the UAV thing either. Honestly though I usually only glance at the radar to get an idea on where people are at, since I don't trust it 100% (people using cold-blooded, etc).

Also I finally finished Mastery on the M240 tonight (Good GOD) and started up with the F2000, which was surprisingly not terrible. Not the best, but I'd say the main thing that seems to hurt it is it could stand to be a tad stronger or have a tad longer clip. Went 24 and 7 my first game, although honestly that could be just due to finally not being dragged down by the M240 anymore :lol
Yea, the 2000 ain't bad with SP on it. It's almost decent, actually. I still prefer my Tar in bursts over any gun in this game, though.

MrDaravon

RJNavarrete said:
Yea, the 2000 ain't bad with SP on it. It's almost decent, actually. I still prefer my Tar in bursts over any gun in this game, though.

Yeah, I was running with Cold-Blooded so I could see SP making the improvement I'm looking for. Also even after getting all the unlocks on the TAR I still don't know if I like it or not :lol

SailorDaravon said:
Yeah, I was running with Cold-Blooded so I could see SP making the improvement I'm looking for. Also even after getting all the unlocks on the TAR I still don't know if I like it or not :lol
It definitely isn't for everyone. I'm 10th prestige [all legit, over 26 days played], and the list of guns I've used most goes something like:

TAR-21 [Silenced w/SP]
SCAR [Usually with n00b-tube and Danger Close or Hardline]
ACR [Silenced or RDS w/SP]
UMP

all the rest somewhere down here, though I did go through phases with the FAMAS and the M16. :D

kaizoku

add me to the list which doubts commando's invincible lunge talk. yes you lunge, that's the point, its fast and its damn near instant but that doesn't mean you have Last Stand style invincibility.

I've died at various stages of the lunge, hell I've died just as I was about to plunge my knife into someone's neck. I had completed like 95% of the animation and it was cut short on my end. I've had it cut short a lot earlier as well, I put that down to net code but to have it cut short so late...pretty much sealed the deal for me. I'm not convinced it makes you invincible at all.

Last Stand invincibility can be a real pain in the ass though. oh yeh there goes my last shotgun shell or noobtube/grenade

But I'm also in the camp which thinks flashbangs dont stun you the way stun grenades do so I'm in the minority there!

Dresden

I love how idiotic people are. I'm sitting at A in Storm and I see a bunch of people rushing from C so I hunker down and start mowing them down with a RPD. Instead of going around, using grenades, tossing flashbangs, or trying to snipe at me from afar, the same three or four people keep charging me with pistols and smgs. There's throwing knives clanking down everywhere around me and I can sometimes see this guy spin in the air trying to get 360 throwing knife kills. I get a fifteen kill streak before someone gets the bright idea of getting a RPG out.
:lol Fucking montage kids.

kaizoku said:
add me to the list which doubts commando's invincible lunge talk. yes you lunge, that's the point, its fast and its damn near instant but that doesn't mean you have Last Stand style invincibility.

I've died at various stages of the lunge, hell I've died just as I was about to plunge my knife into someone's neck. I had completed like 95% of the animation and it was cut short on my end. I've had it cut short a lot earlier as well, I put that down to net code but to have it cut short so late...pretty much sealed the deal for me. I'm not convinced it makes you invincible at all.

Last Stand invincibility can be a real pain in the ass though. oh yeh there goes my last shotgun shell or noobtube/grenade

But I'm also in the camp which thinks flashbangs dont stun you the way stun grenades do so I'm in the minority there!

I think most people agree flash nades just blind you whilst stun nades actually stun you?

Im pretty sure lunge invincibility has been confirmed as hardcoded? If not just the thousands of screams of anger from players should confirm it :lol

kaizoku

bobs99 ... said:
I think most people agree flash nades just blind you whilst stun nades actually stun you?

Im pretty sure lunge invincibility has been confirmed as hardcoded? If not just the thousands of screams of anger from players should confirm it :lol

we just had a debate about this in the past couple of pages! most people tink the flash also stuns, rendering the stun useless.

I tried to use the flash again the other day, I'm like a complete retard with them. Most of the time I flash myself, go prone until it fades then get killed :lol I fucking hate it!

and because it can't be said enough times - equip the riot control class on sabotage, turn your blast shield on, go plant the bomb and laugh at the people trying to get round you to defuse it. If you crouch in a corner, you're indestructible to even RPGs. Wait til people reload or run out of ammo before you go in for the kill - or your back up arrives.

If your team is half decent they'll protect you from getting completely swarmed, which is the only way you will die really.

Its also nice for protecting the bombs. this is my new fad fo sho.

kaizoku said:
we just had a debate about this in the past couple of pages! most people tink the flash also stuns, rendering the stun useless.

I tried to use the flash again the other day, I'm like a complete retard with them. Most of the time I flash myself, go prone until it fades then get killed :lol I fucking hate it!

and because it can't be said enough times - equip the riot control class on sabotage, turn your blast shield on, go plant the bomb and laugh at the people trying to get round you to defuse it. If you crouch in a corner, you're indestructible to even RPGs. Wait til people reload or run out of ammo before you go in for the kill - or your back up arrives.

If your team is half decent they'll protect you from getting completely swarmed, which is the only way you will die really.

Its also nice for protecting the bombs. this is my new fad fo sho.

I do the same thing with the Flash, its easier for me to just use stun. :lol Stun also seems more useful to me as the enemy cant move, but if people in here have proved that flash has stun effects then it may be more useful?

bobs99 ... said:

Yeah - if you die during the lunge it's because you're lagging behind reality. Think about what happens when you run around shooting people with the SPAS in a ground war game. BLAM - hit marker - beat - death.

Top Bottom