• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Angry Fork said:
Goddamn people keep making me worried. There's some people saying the maps are great and the game feels like the best one since COD4. Then there's others saying they feel ripped off and running around just to be killed from someone hiding.

For me its not the campers that are the problem. Its the million different pathways in each level. I've never had this much trouble maneuvering maps in a COD game before. No matter where you are in a map there are just too damned many spots you have to check. Too many ways for people to get behind you. Too many places for people to see you from.

This has actually led to me camping more than I ever have before.

Mikasangelos said:
The only gripes i had were some of the die hard COD community people. Like the guy who won the banner, as he was walking to get his banner he turned toward the crowd and gave everyone the bird and on his way back in line called other people faggots for not winning. Like seriously?! Another incident happened while i was walking around informing people that the local pizza place next door was doing $1 NY style pizza and $1 soda. Kid right next to me in a stern voice yells "well how bout you go get me a slice lazy ass". REALLY........REALLY?! Lots of other various little incidences from the crowd just erked me. The typical stuff you hear in a lobby during a COD match was rampant all night. Quite sad.
Wow. Sadly, that sounds like the typical CoD community. :(

Xanadu

Banned
its finally here!

JSVSV.jpg

Jeff-DSA

Angry Fork said:
Goddamn people keep making me worried. There's some people saying the maps are great and the game feels like the best one since COD4. Then there's others saying they feel ripped off and running around just to be killed from someone hiding.

Everyone keeps making these judgements on respawn modes though >=( Can someone give an impression of Search and Destroy/Hardcore S & D and how the maps effect those modes.

No matter what the mode, the maps are too small. In all honesty, it's the worst set of multiplayer maps I've ever seen in a Call of Duty game.

Kyoufu

Jeff-DSA said:
No matter what the mode, the maps are too small. In all honesty, it's the worst set of multiplayer maps I've ever seen in a Call of Duty game.

They are not too small... The size is fine. The problem I have with some of them is too many rooms.

Mikasangelos said:
I def had a better time than the other employees stuck inside at the register all night.

I was told to sell ELITE and explain its features. Make sure people knew WTF was going on all night though some people apparently didnt hear me though i yelled all night long directions as to what we had going on. Yet they complained that we did a terrible job at our jobs. OH WELL. You got your game right...............MOVE ALONG.

The only gripes i had were some of the die hard COD community people. Like the guy who won the banner, as he was walking to get his banner he turned toward the crowd and gave everyone the bird and on his way back in line called other people faggots for not winning. Like seriously?! Another incident happened while i was walking around informing people that the local pizza place next door was doing $1 NY style pizza and $1 soda. Kid right next to me in a stern voice yells "well how bout you go get me a slice lazy ass". REALLY........REALLY?! Lots of other various little incidences from the crowd just erked me. The typical stuff you hear in a lobby during a COD match was rampant all night. Quite sad.

lol damn, I guess there's always a few.
At least there weren't an obnoxious 13 year-olds at the launch were there?

The_Monk

So when I went to the midnight launch in here, I was absolutely shocked when I got there are 11.30 PM and there was a line with at least 50 people.

Few minutes later there were at least 100 players waiting in line, some with their Gf/wifes, etc. I was amazed by this since I did not expect this in my country. Lol. Even people walking by were whispering "what's going on? What are these people doing? for a game, really? pff,haha"

I got my MW3 copy for the PS3 with the Free Steelbook case Modern Warfare Collection (so it can hold all 3 MW's + their manuals)

So far the only problem I get:

- When I invite or a friend join and I try to find a match it does not work. "Game Lobby Closed" Every single time. If I play alone, no problem.

I missed this silly game, guess that I really like Call of Duty, and it will be fun to play this and BF3 at the same time, in here there are no game wars, just tons of fun. :)

I wonder if anyone else got that Steelbook case. I haven't seen anyone posted in the Pick-up thread.

I hope you all are having fun, I just wish I had more time to enjoy all this great games...!

unomas

Banned
IOnEI Falcon said:
Wow...can't believe this game has infinite respawns...

Awwww shit, I was hoping to complete 5 COD vet campaigns in a row, but infinite respawns will make for one controller tossing gamer. This should be interesting on Vet, but I hope it's no harder than WAW or COD4 on Vet.

Angry Fork

Jeff-DSA said:
What maps from COD4 would you compare them to in terms of size? (It's the only COD I played religiously for months so I prefer to compare it to this one)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Mikasangelos said:
I was told to sell ELITE and explain its features. Make sure people knew WTF was going on all night though some people apparently didnt hear me though i yelled all night long directions as to what we had going on. Yet they complained that we did a terrible job at our jobs. OH WELL. You got your game right...............MOVE ALONG.

They needed someone doing this at the store I was at because the people around me were pretty clueless.

Mikasangelos said:
I def had a better time than the other employees stuck inside at the register all night.

That sucks man. Sorry you had to go through that shit

unomas said:
Awwww shit, I was hoping to complete 5 COD vet campaigns in a row, but infinite respawns will make for one controller tossing gamer. This should be interesting on Vet, but I hope it's no harder than WAW or COD4 on Vet.
OH MY GOODNESS IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

... He was talking about SINGLE-player.

Shady859

bigwinnerx said:
Any women in this thread? I have a Female American Forces Avatar outfit from Amazon I'll pass along to someone. PM me.

Worst pickup line ever! :p

Loving this game it's MW2 on speed. The amount of customization is incredible and love love love the ability to save killstreaks etc to each individual class slot. Used 2 prestige tokens for extra slots, saving other 2 for?

There was only little kid at the place I was, and even then he wasn't that young. Probably 14 or 15. His Dad was with him. They are at all the midnights.

Jeff-DSA

Mikasangelos said:
70% of the crowd were 13 year olds it felt like.

And 90% of them were wearing zip up hoodies, skinny jeans, and flat brimmed hats. At least that was the case at the midnight launch my my house. They all look the same, and I want to punch them all in the mouth.

And yes, they were mouthy and annoying.

Sean

Banned
I was pretty good at MW2 and Black Ops but I'm doing absolutely horrible in this game.

Maybe it's cause I haven't played a CoD in months and I'm getting matched up against rank 40 people for some reason even though it's my first few games. But so far I'm not liking the maps, they're so small and condensed and people can kill you from 100 different ways. Just feels a lot more chaotic compared to the others.

Miggytronz

Brian Fellows said:
They needed someone doing this at the store I was at because the people around me were pretty clueless.

This is pretty much why i got hired. Is to keep shelves stocked and clean, and talk to people about games and theyre questions, concerns, ect. If its pricing question i have them go to the register to talk to the employees back there, so im keeping constant contact with customers.

goodfella

The_Monk said:
I got my MW3 copy for the PS3 with the Free Steelbook case Modern Warfare Collection (so it can hold all 3 MW's + their manuals)

I would really, really like one of those. Was it some sort of reward for being at the midnight launch?

Jeff-DSA

Angry Fork said:
What maps from COD4 would you compare them to in terms of size? (It's the only COD I played religiously for months so I prefer to compare it to this one)

I'm not sure what you'd compare it to. They're just really condensed and there's a million routes in them all. Hardly any open areas at all.

def sim

Jeff-DSA said:
I'm not sure what you'd compare it to. They're just really condensed and there's a million routes in them all. Hardly any open areas at all.

These maps are sounding more and more like they were made with headphones in mind.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
$hady said:
Worst pickup line ever! :p

Loving this game it's MW2 on speed. The amount of customization is incredible and love love love the ability to save killstreaks etc to each individual class slot. Used 2 prestige tokens for extra slots, saving other 2 for?

I'm saving all of mine for Assassin, Claymores, Bettys, G36, and Stingers.

Miggytronz

Jeff-DSA said:
And 90% of them were wearing zip up hoodies, skinny jeans, and flat brimmed hats. At least that was the case at the midnight launch my my house. They all look the same, and I want to punch them all in the mouth.

And yes, they were mouthy and annoying.

You nailed it.

My midnight launch was pleasent at Gamestop. Over 500 people, army was there with their trucks. 4 cops and plenty of staff. Staff was handing out Red Bull to everybody, scored 4 cans of the crack. AJ Green (bengals wr) showed up but left and my cousin ran into him down the street at the walmart. I was out of there by 12:11. No real assholes or anything.

Angry Fork

Jeff-DSA said:
Damn this sounds bad. Will have to try myself obviously but I can only hope DLC maps are more open then. I would rather force myself to like the game then swallow my pride and sell it so soon after lol. I told myself I shouldn't get the game but caved anyway -_-

It's my first COD since WaW though so I'm excited but the impressions are disappointing me since I'm a sniper. (I sniped in all maps on COD4 and I loved that they were all balanced for snipers with the exception of 1-2)

Radec

PalaceBrother said:
Yeah, I noticed that my SAM had to take 3 or 4 rounds of shots to take down some sort of bomber. Is that the pavelow?
hmmn.. there are lots of aircraft that takes 2-3 shots of the Sam before going down. and its too slow to reload.

The most embarrassing thing for me at the midnight launch I went to were grown ass men screaming "I got the game, I got the game!" and proceeding to drive 50 mph out of the strip mall parking lot honking their horns and screaming out the windows. I thought for sure at least one of the 14-year-olds camped out in front of the store was going to get hit.

Miggytronz

Angry Fork said:
It's my first COD since WaW though so I'm excited but the impressions are disappointing me since I'm a sniper. (I sniped in all maps on COD4 and I loved that they were all balanced for snipers with the exception of 1-2)
yeah from what ive heard from friends. Sniping is almost useless unless you quickscope. No real rangey areas to perch at.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
rance said:
These maps are sounding more and more like they were made with headphones in mind.

You'd think but footsteps really aren't very loud at all. I have a set of Turtle Beach headphones and people without Dead Silence are running up on me all the time.

Angry Fork

Mikasangelos said:
yeah from what ive heard from friends. Sniping is almost useless unless you quickscope. No real rangey areas to perch at.
Well I don't know if I'd consider myself a quickscoper (in terms of the kind that abuse aim assist) but I do run around maps and snipe I don't lay down in 1-2 spots in some corner.

Jrmint

Since we're talking GameStop midnight launch stories I'll add my own.

Worst organized midnight launch I've ever seen. I'd say there was 75 people max at mine and it too me an hour 45 to get my game. They did not have a separate line for those who already had their shit paid off, so all these people buying consoles, elite, etc held everyone else up.

Thanks a lot GS for giving no incentive to preorder or pay off early.

I swear if I'm ever filthy rich I'm buying that company and running it into the ground just out of spite. They just patronize the fuck out of our culture and bring out the absolute worst in it.

Top Bottom