• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Jeff-DSA

MustacheBandit_ said:
kill confirmed is the lamest mode in COD yet. it is terribad.

It's fun if people don't turtle up and pile on each other to protect dog tags. It cuts down on cross-map (as if that's very far anymore) sniping since there's more to it than just dropping the guy.

renitou

AnEternalEnigma said:
Come on people. That was obviously a BF3 troll post. Call of Duty has had infinite respawns since the beginning of time and space. It's not like this is a new mechanic to criticize.
You are human garbage.

Mikasangelos said:
Some people here know i work for Gamestop. Some pics from last night.

This was just the XBOX line. PS3 line went 100+ deep the other direction.

so after 2am I got my rental copy and went home to only sleep 4 hours to work at my day job as a peon draftsman in a cube.
wait, was the PS3 line at your store longer then the 360 one?

Darkerkamikaze said:
Yeah, but you're still respawning infinitely until the round ends.
There is a set number of spawns remaining... that ain't infinite. I think what you're trying to say is that you can spawn multiple times per round.

Foliorum Viridum said:
For that comment to start this debate is pretty hilarious.
*sigh* So true.

Mikasangelos said:
Some people here know i work for Gamestop. Some pics from last night.

This was just the XBOX line. PS3 line went 100+ deep the other direction.
319165_2417103899652_1012983956_2852535_1766890381_n.jpg

320854_2417101899602_1012983956_2852534_604594039_n.jpg

]

Yeah, there was close to 100 people during the Gears 3 midnight release & I had to wait nearly 2 hours to get the game. I don't even want to considering how long I would have waited if I went at the midnight launch

Speaking of which, the line at Best Buy this MORNING was 45 people strong. I went in & asked if they still had the Hardened Edition, got laughed out of the place.

As I left the store 20 minutes in I noticed the Gamestop across the street still had a line of 40+ people waiting. lol

If this game doesn't sell 15 million in the first month, I will be shocked.

The_Darkest_Red said:
There is a set number of spawns remaining... that ain't infinite. I think what you're trying to say is that you can spawn multiple times per round.

*sigh* So true.
Yeah that's what I was trying say.

Radec

Brian Fellows said:
That would be spectacular from what I've seen. My pathetic 1.4 has been the highest in just about every lobby I've been in so far. Just not a lot of great games being had right now.
kill confirmed is a frag fest if you play smart. people love diving to dogtags lol

rance said:
Man why line up in gamestop? Just come an hour late and pick up your copy,
The Gamestop I was at last night recorded the last person in line when they opened the doors and wouldn't let anyone else get in line after that.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just finished the campaign. Very short and forgettable. I think it's shortest one.

Glad i rented it.

nagge

Interficium said:
This seems like the worst launch set of COD maps in the series.

The miniscule sub-MW2 sizes, constant revenge-spawning, and W@W level of clutter has been incredibly frustrating.

With the increased weapon damage, increased clutter, decreased amount of sight lines, and decreased map sizes, the game basically boils down to you flipping a live/death coin whenever you turn a corner and inevitably see someone.

Spot on, just the feeling I'm getting sadly.

Anyone got a female avatar? I've got a special forces avatar item that I got as a preorder bonus. NOTE: IT WORKS ON FEMALE AVATARS ONLY PM if interested.

LowParry

Still waiting here. Hurry the fuck up UPS.

And yes, keep the BF3 vs MW3 shit out of here. Impressions sure have been a mixed bag all around. On one side, netcode is great. Graphics a step up. Etc etc etc. While the other just treats it as it sucks. I'll bring judgement later when I get a full 12+ hours in of game time. Though I will have no SP time in.

Sanic

nagge said:
Not what I want to hear :(

I bought this only for the MP. I was hoping fora return of the over the top, Quake-lite type gameplay of MW2 after the dissapointing Blood.

micster

Sn4ke_911 said:
Just finished the campaign. Very short and forgettable. I think it's shortest one.

Glad i rented it.
Forgettable?! What? It was probably the most memorable CoD campaign out of them all.

paskowitz said:
Overall the game feels too familiar. I have played it before in MW2. COD is so polished (minus net code), that I wish they would take risks and shake things up.

You don't take risks when you're selling millions and millions of copies each year.

But with that said, they have certainly tweaked and added some things to this game.

nagge said:

Me too. Too early to say for sure but right now, I feel ripped off. They should release a new map set for free, with bigger maps, better spawn points, and that are balanced properly for team games.

Miggytronz

GodfatherX said:
wait, was the PS3 line at your store longer then the 360 one?

hell no. Our XBOX line was 3x the PS3 line.

We had a total of 950 preorders before 6pm. By nights end we ended up selling $35k in MW3 games.

Sushen said:
I just picked up the last copy of harden edition from local target store. While I can't wait to play it, I still can't believe how rare this $100 video game is.

How the fuck did they have any Hardened Editions left?
I went in an hours after the opened & they said they never even had any in the store.
All the regular edition 360 copies were snatched & there was one lone Ps3 copy on the shelves.

The wii copies of the game were untouched though.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Come on people. That was obviously a BF3 troll post. Call of Duty has had infinite respawns since the beginning of time and space. It's not like this is a new mechanic to criticize.
No, it is serious. Modern Warfare 2 did not have infinite respawns and for me personally it was for the best.

Angry Fork

Goddamn people keep making me worried. There's some people saying the maps are great and the game feels like the best one since COD4. Then there's others saying they feel ripped off and running around just to be killed from someone hiding.

Everyone keeps making these judgements on respawn modes though >=( Can someone give an impression of Search and Destroy/Hardcore S & D and how the maps effect those modes.

Mikasangelos said:
hell no. Our XBOX line was 3x the PS3 line.

We had a total of 950 preorders before 6pm. By nights end we ended up selling $35k in MW3 games.
ah, sorry was a little confused by the pics. Also it's always odd hearing sales numbers from smaller retail outlets after working at a "super" market for 5 years (granted that was almost a decade ago). The good thing is usually when I see employees working these midnight releases at GS they seem to be having some fun

Brian Fellows said:
Heh

I've already fired off more noob tubes in this one than I did in MW2 and Black Ops combined.

Me too, of the three loadout choices before you can choose your own at level 4, the noob toob one was the best for me. I actually just really like that G36C Assault Rifle. It felt almost too powerful.

LowParry

Angry Fork said:
Goddamn people keep making me worried. There's some people saying the maps are great and the game feels like the best one since COD4. Then there's others saying they feel ripped off and running around just to be killed from someone hiding.

Everyone keeps making these judgements on respawn modes though >=( Can someone give an impression of Search and Destroy/Hardcore S & D and how the maps effect those modes.

When in doubt, just play it out. Form your own opinion. However, I believe there are far more good impressions than bad.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Angry Fork said:

People need to give the maps more time to digest before complaining. They always feel chaotic at first.

I remember when MW2 came out, I loved Estate and hated Quarry — after some more time with the game, I hated Estate and loved Quarry. Everyone's going to have different opinions about the maps, but it's too soon for most people to have a good enough feel for them yet.

def sim

Angry Fork said:

Hearing how condensed the maps are completely invalidates the CoD4 comparisons. Sounds like a new kind silliness that could still be fun.

Kermit The Dog said:
COD does several things much, MUCH better than BF3. The entire front-end, for instance. The UI, sound design, engine stability and frame-rate, for another. The controls, too.

Your allegiance to one game will depend on which factors are important to your experience. Personally, I like both. Don't be so foolish to treat it as a black and white comparison.

CoD is not a camping sniper-fest is another plus.

Miggytronz

GodfatherX said:
ah, sorry was a little confused by the pics. Also it's always odd hearing sales numbers from smaller retail outlets after working at a "super" market for 5 years (granted that was almost a decade ago). The good thing is usually when I see employees working these midnight releases at GS they seem to be having some fun

I def had a better time than the other employees stuck inside at the register all night.

I was told to sell ELITE and explain its features. Make sure people knew WTF was going on all night though some people apparently didnt hear me though i yelled all night long directions as to what we had going on. Yet they complained that we did a terrible job at our jobs. OH WELL. You got your game right...............MOVE ALONG.

The only gripes i had were some of the die hard COD community people. Like the guy who won the banner, as he was walking to get his banner he turned toward the crowd and gave everyone the bird and on his way back in line called other people faggots for not winning. Like seriously?! Another incident happened while i was walking around informing people that the local pizza place next door was doing $1 NY style pizza and $1 soda. Kid right next to me in a stern voice yells "well how bout you go get me a slice lazy ass". REALLY........REALLY?! Lots of other various little incidences from the crowd just erked me. The typical stuff you hear in a lobby during a COD match was rampant all night. Quite sad.

Top Bottom