• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Kermit The Dog said:
COD does several things much, MUCH better than BF3. The entire front-end, for instance. The UI, sound design, engine stability and frame-rate, for another. The controls, too.

Your allegiance to one game will depend on which factors are important to your experience. Personally, I like both. Don't be so foolish to treat it as a black and white comparison.

I haven't played MW3 yet, but the sound design is really better than BF3? BF3 is a new standard in sound design, IMO. Any good vids?

How do you measure "framerate"--on consoles or PC? FB 2.0 is optimized well for most PC systems. And I'd expect MW3's engine to be more stable than the brand new FB, especially since they've been working with it for the past few games.

Branson said:
Welp. Read the big ending spoiler for SP. Guess whenever I do decide to get the game mp all the way. it was my own fault though.

I've found that it's usually best to read endings for games before playing them. /backwardsassthinking

Moaradin

Kermit The Dog said:
COD does several things much, MUCH better than BF3. The entire front-end, for instance. The UI, sound design, engine stability and frame-rate, for another. The controls, too.

Your allegiance to one game will depend on which factors are important to your experience. Personally, I like both. Don't be so foolish to treat it as a black and white comparison.

Everything else is a matter of opinion, but sound design? BF3 is on another league with that.

This seems like the worst launch set of COD maps in the series.

The miniscule sub-MW2 sizes, constant revenge-spawning, and W@W level of clutter has been incredibly frustrating.

With the increased weapon damage, increased clutter, decreased amount of sight lines, and decreased map sizes, the game basically boils down to you flipping a live/death coin whenever you turn a corner and inevitably see someone.

Kermit The Dog said:
COD does several things much, MUCH better than BF3
Kermit The Dog said:
sound design

Can I buy some pot from you?

Trexid

Neo Member
CozMick said:
How do you get access to the Founders player card and weapon skin?

Trying to figure this out as well, if you bought Hardened and 'redeem code' on XBL you don't have to enable 'Founder' status on your Elite account on the website apparently.

2. Any user who has a Founder card found in the MW3 Hardened Edition can also redeem the code found on the back of that card to receive Founder status after the November 13, 2011. This code can be redeemed at callofduty.com/founder at a later date, If you own the MW3 Hardened Edition and activate your premium subscription token by November 13th, you do not need to activate your Founder code.

http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=75615

Still wondering about the card and skin though.

EDIT: I think its just a matter of time for them to fix it. Premium features available through the console maybe.

http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=77965

IMACOMPUTA

Kermit The Dog said:

^hasn't played bf3

Moaradin said:
Everything else is a matter of opinion, but sound design? BF3 is on another league with that.

I should have been more specific. BF has a shed-load of audio bugs that have so far slightly interrupted my enjoyment of the game. That's not sound design, more a quality assurance issue.

And yes, I have played BF2, I'm a level 15 or so. The sound design is fine, when it works.

Miggytronz

Some people here know i work for Gamestop. Some pics from last night.

This was just the XBOX line. PS3 line went 100+ deep the other direction.
319165_2417103899652_1012983956_2852535_1766890381_n.jpg

320854_2417101899602_1012983956_2852534_604594039_n.jpg

382634_2417145780699_1012983956_2852547_892899323_n.jpg

390128_2419083789148_1012983956_2854591_1944887261_n.jpg

300136_2417099259536_1012983956_2852533_1049409201_n.jpg

Banner we gave away as our final prize.
376337_2419083469140_1012983956_2854590_1531092154_n.jpg

so after 2am I got my rental copy and went home to only sleep 4 hours to work at my day job as a peon draftsman in a cube.
316899_2417444868176_1012983956_2852711_876821860_n.jpg

Palmer_v1

Is every one getting these error 500 messages when trying to verify their account on the website? I wanna get my damn clan created already.

Proc

What is causing this "washed out" effect people are describing? It sounds like something to do with the ps3 video settings or tv calibration? Any insight?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Radec said:
almost got 2 k/d ratio. hang on...

That would be spectacular from what I've seen. My pathetic 1.4 has been the highest in just about every lobby I've been in so far. Just not a lot of great games being had right now.

AnEternalEnigma said:
That is the superior alternative to Black Ops, where it took damn near half a clip to kill someone if you were lucky.

Ha, true. Waste an M60 clip on someone and hope they die.

Maybe it's day one rose colored glasses, but the hit detection seems light years beyond BLOPS.

Brian Fellows said:
That would be spectacular from what I've seen. My pathetic 1.4 has been the highest in just about every lobby I've been in so far. Just not a lot of great games being had right now.
The small maps and quick deaths make my KDR cry, currently sitting at 1.7, not sure if I'll get to 2 anytime soon.

AnEternalEnigma said:
BF3 vs. MW3 garbage thread is elsewhere. Take it there and keep it out of here, junior.
?? I don't think that had anything to do with BF3... Previous iterations of CoD have had infinite respawning, too.

def sim

AnEternalEnigma said:
BF3 vs. MW3 garbage thread is elsewhere. Take it there and keep it out of here, junior.

General criticism does not have to be in the garbage thread, his post was fine. Also, junior? Seriously?

Bumhead

Banned
Any good reports on the PC version yet?

Or more to the point, is there any particular reason why I shouldn't buy this on PC? PC is more convenient for me (the wife tends to hog our TV) but COD has always been a more console experience in my eyes and I suspect the PS3 version will be a "safer" bet. I do own a PS3 but am edging towards the PC version, unless there's anything horrible about it I should be aware of.

Also, how is the PC performance? I've just booted up COD4 for the first time after picking it up cheap a while back, and for some strange reason I'm struggling to hold down a stable frame rate anything above 30. Not getting anywhere near the 60fps I'm used to for COD games.. this on a rig that handles Battlefield 3 at 40-60+ fps on High settings. Seems really strange but I'm putting it down to a dodgy PC port of COD4, but does the PC version of MW3 run better?

Come on people. That was obviously a BF3 troll post. Call of Duty has had infinite respawns since the beginning of time and space. It's not like this is a new mechanic to criticize.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Come on people. That was obviously a BF3 troll post.

What the hell are you talking about?

EDIT: Saw your edit. Just because it's happened over and over in past games, doesn't mean it somehow becomes a less valid complaint. Come on, now.

Miggytronz

AnEternalEnigma said:
Come on people. That was obviously a BF3 troll post. Call of Duty has had infinite respawns since the beginning of time and space. It's not like this is a new mechanic to criticize.

Unless your a new person to the series.

AnEternalEnigma said:

He might be new to CoD

AnEternalEnigma said:
BF3 also has infinite respawns, I think I'm Whooshin on the joke here.

paskowitz

First impressions... I do not like MP. I have been playing COD since COD3 and something about this does not sit right with me. The map designs are some of the worst I have played. While I cannot make a full judgement, spawning could use some work.

The campaign is a mindless thrill ride, but that is what is it trying to be and it is good at it. Spec Ops is fun, but the experiences within it do not feel fresh.

Overall the game feels too familiar. I have played it before in MW2. COD is so polished (minus net code), that I wish they would take risks and shake things up.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Actually Black Ops didn't have infinite respawns.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Is the 360 matchmaking borked? Have been 10 minutes in the *Search for players* matchmaking area and.. pff nothing.

Top Bottom