• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Karl2177

I can't connect to the Xbox Live servers for some reason. I'm connected to Xbox Live, and everything works fine. Then when I go to the Xbox Live section in Multiplayer and start the match search, it pops up a message saying "Communication with the Xbox Live servers has been interrupted." It then goes into an endless loop with the only solution being turning off the Xbox. Nothing can interject in that process, even the guide. Solutions?

Frillen

So I was struggling with a k/d of just above 1. But then the Type 95 happened. Holy shit! 24-5 the first game I had a red dot with it. One burst = instant kill.

PatzCU

CitizenCope said:

It's really not that bad. I played for about 3 hours last night and didn't really have any of the incidents people are complaining about here. I only ran into one dude that was actually camping. The maps leave little room for you to hang out safely in one area. If you apply just a bit of situational awareness, you will have a general idea of where the enemies are.

Tomat said:
So what do you all think of the game in general?

Based on the passed few pages people don't sound too pleased.

Is the map design for MP really that bad?

I think its awesome. There are subtle changes to the movement and gun balancing that changes the pace in a way. I used to dominate in the other games, but when I popped this one in I was having all sorts of trouble. Eventually I got used to it and started finding my classes and setups and now I'm starting to settle in nicely. Some of the maps really do suck though. Fallen is a map I always do bad on.

Also if you hated MW2 with killstreaks always in the air, then you'll prob like this one more. You hardly ever see the big assault killstreaks. Most of the time you'll see the B-2 because thats one of the bigger support streaks and its pretty easy to get if you can get kills in general. A lot more UAVs in the air this time around. I still havent seen an Osprey gunner(the top assault streak) or the assault juggernaut. Getting more than 12 kills with assault class in this game is VERY hard, at least in TDM.

Frillen said:
So I was struggling with a k/d of just above 1. But then the Type 95 happened. Holy shit! 24-5 the first game I had a red dot with it. One burst = instant kill.
I'm hearing crazy things about that gun, wonder if they'll nerf it.

The Last Wizard said:
so to those with the hardened edition, what do I do with the founder card? I have no idea where to put the code.

You don't need it yet. Everyone who signs up for Elite gets Founder status through the 13th. After that point, I imagine there will be a way to activate Founder status with the code from the Hardened Edition.

The Last Wizard said:
so to those with the hardened edition, what do I do with the founder card? I have no idea where to put the code.

Its basically there for insurance just in case you cant redeem your elite membership until after the 13th, like if you got the game as a gift or for xmas or something. The code you want should be on the back of the Elite Booklet. Type that into XBL redeem code or whatever method you use in PSN if you're on the PS3.

Lothars

The Last Wizard said:
It was said that as long as you register your elite status before the 13th that the founders card is not needed.

It's for anyone after that date.

The Last Wizard said:

Code is only for people who give the gift for X-mas or something. THere's nowhere to put the code becuase you don't need it.

knitoe

Frillen said:
Yeah. If you get one hit, most of the time the rest of the burst will to and they will die. Way better then the Famas in MW2. Maybe, a little too overpower.

This game is shit, and it's just not the maps either. Can't stand the damage values, I thought Black ops had it right, even guns in MW2 with stopping power don't feel as strong as they are here. Guns are still really easy to use on top of that. I don't like the apparent philosophy behind the map designs either, with so much latency why make maps with non stop corner encounters? Alot of the changes to the killstreaks and weapon ranges aren't really improvements either; Some ideas were decent, others bad, but most come off as lateral moves, changes seemingly made just for the sake of it. Oh, and boo to Activision for charging for premium services, but yet still not providing us with dedicated servers.

I'm done with the game, next year i'll wait for impressions before I buy. I feel Treyarch can get it right though as long as they get the tech IW is using. For now though, I'm placing Infinity Ward on B team status.

Assassin use has started... Pussies are everywhere now. So fucking annoying to have to use a silencer since if you don't some dude that doesn't show up on the map will shoot you in the back. >_>

madmaxx350 said:
Assassin use has started... Pussies are everywhere now. So fucking annoying to have to use a silencer since if you don't some dude that doesn't show up on the map will shoot you in the back. >_>
Only a matter of time. People will get sick of the 50/50 corner shooting and find an edge where they can.

bud

this is a million times better than black ops (ps3, lulz), but i'm saddened that there doesn't seem to be a small, rust-like map.

i loved those 1 vs. 1 matches. :(

Now the Elite website has grammatical errors as well? The database errors were one thing, but now I regret ever buying the game!!1!

COME ON AND FIX THIS INFINITY WARD THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Fp8uk.png

Kusagari

I still can't remember any of the maps. I can't believe how forgettable they are. I do dislike them, but I disliked Black Ops maps too and had no problem remembering them.

W Hudson

madmaxx350 said:

Yeah I played about 5 hours yesterday and then another hour or so today. I would estimate that 75% of the people who killed me were using Assassin. Not that I blame them with the amount of UAV's that are present.

bud said:
this is a million times better than black ops (ps3, lulz), but i'm saddened that there doesn't seem to be a small, rust-like map.

i loved those 1 vs. 1 matches. :(
Dome is for you. Fucking horrific map, as was Rust.

Well this is starting to bother me. I'm playing on the 360 and even with the game installed my disc still spins and doesn't stop. I'm on a launch unit as well so it's as loud as can be.

And as for the maps discussion. I'm pretty disappointed. I still find the stock MW2 maps better than the rest. These are all cookie cutter city maps. Where's my variation? MW2 had Scrapyard, Terminal, and Highrise which were all pretty different from your usual maps. I'm almost tempted to buy the Elite package hoping we get some better maps. I never buy DLC maps on CoD but I may just very well this time.

Frillen

Another thing that annoys me with the maps are the tons of debris, garbage and small things flying in the air everywhere. It's worse than MW2.

madmaxx350 said:
Don't blame the players for using what the game gives them, blame the developers for giving it to them.

Also, here's what the dude you just killed is thinking:

"Silencer use has started... dudes are everywhere now. So annoying to have to use assassin since if you don't some dude that doesn't show up on the map will shoot you in the back."

kuYuri

I'll tell you now, do what I'm doing and build up towards Recon Pro for Assassin users. Don't forget that Recon Drone can also tag them.

W Hudson

Kusagari said:
I still can't remember any of the maps. I can't believe how forgettable they are. I do dislike them, but I disliked Black Ops maps too and had no problem remembering them.

At this point after about 7 hours of MP time I feel like I have a decent grasp on several of them. Hardhat is my favorite, after that probably Village. The one thing I would like is a open type of map such as Afghan. Other than that i think it will just take some time to get used to them.

Enosh

Dax005 said:
My mate just posted this on our local game forum, dunno if there has been any talk about this, but:
VMZ3Y.png

We are both from Croatia (Europe), not officialy supported with xbox live, but can buy xboxes..
I mean, come on! This just ain't right... Dunno what to say actually...
:(
can't you just put in a different location or does the thing do IP checks?

Kusagari

bluedeviltron said:
Dome is for you. Fucking horrific map, as was Rust.

Dome is basically the horrific hell-spawn of Nuke and Rust. The first time I played on it, I was ready to burn my disc. The awful spawning in this game really becomes obvious on it.

paskowitz

To me this game seems like 3 steps forward 3 steps back.

+
Weapons are balance (sans type 95)
Perks are balanced (for the most part)
Level progression and unlocks are more satisfying

-
The maps are fucktastically bad
Net code is total shyte
All shotguns are basically useless (Spas from MW2 and BLOPS is gone)

I am not as negative as I was when I first booted it up. I am glad I rented it.

Tambini

Just finished the campaign.

Ending was pretty satisfying, I loved storming the building as a juggernaut then watching Makarov just hang as Price smokes a cigar.

Radec

With the amount of shit that is in the air, and you expect people to just run along or counter it with stingers?. lol

Leaderboards is fucked up again. 1000+ streak lol

Kyoufu

paskowitz said:
All shotguns are basically useless (Spas from MW2 and BLOPS is gone)

I am not as negative as I was when I first booted it up. I am glad I rented it.

I just got anally raped by shotgun users. I really don't know how "useless" they are when they went around and 1-shot me to oblivion. I was impressed, so I made a shotgun loadout :D

I like the first shotgun you can use. I don't recall the name. I found that one to be solid. The rest feel subpar but I haven't gotten a chance to mess around with them too much.

jacobs34

Radec said:
With the amount of shit that is in the air, and you expect people to just run along or counter it with stingers?. lol

Leaderboards is fucked up again. 1000+ streak lol

Running SAM Turrets in this game is a must. So. Many. Points.

soultron

Banned
madmaxx350 said:
I run Assassin/Blind Eye Pro/Silencer right now because I enjoy running for flanks and surprise attacks from behind. Don't hate the player, etc etc.

soultron said:
I run Assassin/Blind Eye Pro/Silencer right now because I enjoy running for flanks and surprise attacks from behind. Don't hate the player, etc etc.
In this case you really can't hate the player. Doesn't seem like the player that doesn't want to run n gun and trade a kill for a kill was given any other choice.

computers putin' said:
This game is shit, and it's just not the maps either. Can't stand the damage values, I thought Black ops had it right, even guns in MW2 with stopping power don't feel as strong as they are here. Guns are still really easy to use on top of that. I don't like the apparent philosophy behind the map designs either, with so much latency why make maps with non stop corner encounters? Alot of the changes to the killstreaks and weapon ranges aren't really improvements either; Some ideas were decent, others bad, but most come off as lateral moves, changes seemingly made just for the sake of it. Oh, and boo to Activision for charging for premium services, but yet still not providing us with dedicated servers.

I'm done with the game, next year i'll wait for impressions before I buy. I feel Treyarch can get it right though as long as they get the tech IW is using. For now though, I'm placing Infinity Ward on B team status.
The weapon damages are incredibly funky. I can't guarantee the accuracy of this, but here is a fairly extensive damage chart:

http://www.mw3forum.com/showthread.php?p=632308

I know for a fact that I have had to hit people with the UMP 6 times, which is just fucking wonky. 17 damage per hit for it sounds right. Also, 20 damage per hit on the others sounds right. Sometimes the guns feel like they kill in two hits even though they shouldn't. 49 damage at point blank can 2 shot targets that take a tiny amount of damage from a fall or a stun grenade, things like that.

Palmer_v1

sn1pes said:
Hard to tell if a site is shitty if it's not up.

But yes, it's all tied to Elite, which has been down and remains down.

Shitty is probably being overkind to a site that was touted for so long, requires payments to use fully, is essential to some basic functionalities, and is still not working 3 days after launch with no explanations given.

Top Bottom