• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

soultron

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
In this case you really can't hate the player. Doesn't seem like the player that doesn't want to run n gun and trade a kill for a kill was given any other choice.
I really enjoy that the stealthy perk was essentially split into 2, making you weigh the choice between sacrificing two perk slots for the option to be completely hidden from the radar. I think it was a smart design decision.

cameltoe

Strider2K99 said:
I'll tell you now, do what I'm doing and build up towards Recon Pro for Assassin users. Don't forget that Recon Drone can also tag them.

this....recon is a mini blackbird....love it!

Fantasmo

soultron said:
I really enjoy that the stealthy perk was essentially split into 2, making you weigh the choice between sacrificing two perk slots for the option to be completely hidden from the radar. I think it was a smart design decision.
3 perks. Blind Eye, Assassin, Dead Silence

soultron said:
I agree, it's not the perks that are the issue and what will eventually turn this game into an assassin fest.

Just a few quick thoughts.

-Kill Confirmed is fun, very fun, glad they put that in,
-Dome is a shit map.
-It's hilarious and sad at the same time that something like Juggernaut made it in this game.

soultron

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
I agree, it's not the perks that are the issue and what will eventually turn this game into an assassin fest.
The guns seem to do too much damage, but if you want to run absolute stealth (the three perks mentioned by the poster above) and with a silencer, you're really nerfing yourself, especially at range. I think the opportunity costs balance out nicely.

SmokeMaxX

BruiserBear said:
I had a problem last night, and I'm really hoping I can figure out what happened.

I started up the game and had 3 Prestige tokens waiting for me. I immediately redeemed one of them for 2 hours of double XP. I played for 2 hours and it worked fine, but then it ran out.

So I went back and bought another 2 hours with my second Prestige token. Only this time it didn't work. Nothing. Nada. It's like it took my token and didn't give me the candy bar.

Anyone know what is up with this? A known bug? (360 version)
This happened to me too. I think it only affects a few people (seen a few complaints online as well). I hope we get our tokens reimbursed.

EDIT: I'd love to post about it on the CoD forums but I think they disabled posting...

Palmer_v1

I'm level 50-something and I have yet to be killed by a weapon with a silencer. Maps are too small for it to be worth it, I think.

SmokeMaxX said:
This happened to me too. I think it only affects a few people (seen a few complaints online as well). I hope we get our tokens reimbursed.

Hmm. I was wondering if I was alone with that. I kind of have my doubts we'll ever get reimbursed for those tokens though. :(

I just had a match where I was the person getting killed in the Killcam. I ran up to the guy sighted up, and unloaded half a clip in him before he shot me.

In the final killcam, I ran up to the guy and stared at him before he shot me.

darkwing

MDavis360 said:
I just had a match where I was the person getting killed in the Killcam. I ran up to the guy sighted up, and unloaded half a clip in him before he shot me.

that's lag, maybe you got like 2 bars or lower

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Well, I don't regret my purchase yet.

Singly player is standard CoD, interested to get to the Soap/Price levels.

Multiplayer feels a lot more solid than Black Ops in my opinion. Absolutely love Support Killstreaks; it lets a bad player like me still able to assist my team.

I wish I wasn't so bad at the CoD series though. I don't exactly get what Im doing wrong, but I have a hard time with these games.

MDavis360 said:

Welcome to call of duty on p2p.

Reactionary bullshit but it's going back to the shop on Friday. I'd rather play Skyrim and that's saying something.

The game is great. Absolutely fantastic; however, I'll buy it again when it actually works.

Card Boy

Banned
I can live without Blind Eye, just hide indoors if some Assasult air support goes up. Its the dam UAV's you gotta worry about.

Savanager Pro
Assassin Pro
Stalker Pro

Is the way to go so far IMO.

Sit Rep is bloody useless, no one has claymors or Betties and i just tend to avoid enemy care packages anyway in case its a trap. Stalker Pro just replaces SitRep for me as i get that delay on the claymores. Its very usefull for ADS on Light Machine guns.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Randam_Hajile said:
I need some advice.

I've been playing multiplayer and loving it, but (I know, I'm the odd one out here) I like playing COD for the Campaign. I loved COD4 and Black Ops, but never got around to playing MW2. Should I really pick it up first and play through the story, or should I just read a synopsis and jump in to MW3?

Is MW2's campaign really worth it, or could I get just as much out of it by reading it in two minutes? Also, keep in mind that I don't have a ton of time to game right now and have a backlog of other things I want to play, so I'm only going back if it's really that good.

Do yourself a favor and play MW2. I'm also one of those guys who loves COD for the campaign (been a massive fan since COD1, which didn't have multi if memory serves), and MW2 had the best campaign so far (including Black Ops, excluding MW3 as I haven't finished it yet). Yes you could technically just read through the synopsis and get the story, but you won't feel the anger/resentment towards Makarov, as well as the bond between Soap and Price.

Just play it man. :)

aku:jiki

Finally unlocked the Model 1887 and it's actually a useful shotgun! Don't worry, it's nowhere near pre-patch MW2 1887's, and is weaker and has less range than MW2 SPAS, but you can hold your own with this one. It'll probably turn pretty good with either range or damage proficiency on it.

Some other big favorites are the PP90, FMG9 and ACR. FMG9 is one of the best guns in the game, and it's insane with akimbo on. Can easily do mid-range with 'em.

Kyoufu

Just want to say...

P90 with Kick
+
Silencer
+
Extreme Conditioning Pro
+
Assassin Pro
+
Steady Aim Pro

=

Rambo out for blood.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Although i didn't like the SP, i do love the stealth parts of the game. I'd love if they made a game that was purely about that and didn't end up turning into a massive firefight halfway through each level. Also, pretty shitty for Elite to still be knackered.

Ostinatto said:
native resolution info for each console confirmed?

:/

Do you really think it's any different than the previous games?

Just as with the other games, .001% of the people playing the game actually care.

zlatko

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Just want to say...

P90 with Kick
+
Silencer
+
Extreme Conditioning Pro
+
Assassin Pro
+
Steady Aim Pro

=

Rambo out for blood.

Bro fist. That's what I'm doing, but I have silencer and rapid fire instead of the kick. Everything else is the same though.

I just tried out the ACR today and I had my mind blown. That gun is a BEAST. Soooo gooood.

Fantasmo

Strider2K99 said:
According to that site linked a few posts ago, EMP nades destroy air support. I need to see this for myself.
They did in MW2 also. Remember the Washington DC level where everything got destroyed and the area went pitch black?

ultron87 said:
So Gun Game and One in the Chamber are actually still in the game, but only for private matches?

That is dumb. Super dumb.
i seen one of my friends playing "one in the chamber" and was wondering why i couldn't find it.... thats fuckin stupid.

Ostinatto

BruiserBear said:
Do you really think it's any different than the previous games?

Just as with the other games, .001% of the people playing the game actually care.

i just need the exact numbers of pixels :(

Well that was shit.

Beat Veteran campaign in under 6 hours according to my trophy timestamps. What shit.

Terrible sound.
Graphics update ? Yeah right.
Terrible conclusion to a story I was otherwise genuinely interested in.
Terrible gun play, not a single gun I picked up had weight to it, except for maybe the XMWHATEVER.

Ugh, If I didn't buy it for my brother, I would totally have returned it by now. Oh wells, he likes it so whatever.

Daft_Cat

ilnadmy said:
Do yourself a favor and play MW2. I'm also one of those guys who loves COD for the campaign (been a massive fan since COD1, which didn't have multi if memory serves), and MW2 had the best campaign so far (including Black Ops, excluding MW3 as I haven't finished it yet). Yes you could technically just read through the synopsis and get the story, but you won't feel the anger/resentment towards Makarov, as well as the bond between Soap and Price.

Just play it man. :)

What? I play it for the campaign as well and MW2 is what killed it for me. The writing was terrible..the plot was full of holes..the only good act was the final one.

To OP, MW3 is a complete redemption IMO. I'd just read a plot summary of MW2 unless you're a completionist. So far MW3 is blowing me away. Soap and Price are two of my favourite characters of the gen.

Oh, and that airplane level? Fucking nuts.

LowParry

Strider2K99 said:
According to that site linked a few posts ago, EMP nades destroy air support. I need to see this for myself.

This is very true. EMP destroys anything up in the air. Now, here's a thought. You're playing through the game air support comes in. Do you A) Stinger it down in two shots? Or B) EMP it to death. Hmmmm. Oh, and if you hear a Juggernaut package coming in from the enemy, EMP will gladly deny it.

Now! I haven't even bother play SP so I have no impressions of that. However, MP I'm already rank 53 so...

MP is a beast. It's much more fun than BO and playing the little amount of MW2, much more improved. Through out my gameplay, I've encountered make a total of 10 or less noob tubers cause the thing just doesn't do shit. Praise. Network connection I've ran into a small amount of issues. Though I'm not certain if it's lag or the game itself. I'll have a moment where the game freezes, stutters for about 5 - 10 seconds then continue on as if nothing happened. Very odd. I'm always at 4 green bars and I've had only one server disconnection.

Weapons. Oh man. I've liked so many that I've earned. SCAR seems like it may become THE weapon of choice however if you're looking for more range, the obvious sniper weapon will do or the Type 95. One burst, one kill (though that really only applies to medium to short distances of your target. Long range you may have to squeeze a couple bursts for the kill).

SMGs are beast as well UMP is the best starting weapon of choice. The other two I played around mostly was the PP90 and the P90. With Steady Aim, I didn't have to focus aim at all to get my kills at close range. Medium you may have to do some minor focusing but it is still doable to fire from the hip. With the PP90 however, attaching rapid fire causes perhaps a little too much recoil at a focus fire, but from the hip, godlike. It's the same as well with the P90. Rapid fire on these guns make them much much more leather when firing from the hip.

Currently I am playing around with the ACR. It feels more or less like the SCAR with the silence attachments. I don't see any other reason on assault rifles other than to apply the Kick option because it makes the gun a world of difference. Same with the SMGs. I'm sure with LMGs, a different option may be better but I'll play around with those on my nest prestige.

As for maps, I enjoy all but one. No, it's not Dome I'm putting down cause I actually like that make in a sick and twisted way. I may have the name wrong but I believe it's the map called Mission. There's so much shit on the map that you can't tell which way is which. From tanks, to buses, rubble, etc. The map feels like there's no direction involved and was created by some five year old.

Now only if Elite would work. Anyway, for just the MP I've played, I'd give it a 9/10 for sure. Moves great. Sounds great. Feels great.

Edit: Forgot to mention. 360 version.

Pie Lord

Ostinatto said:
native resolution info for each console confirmed?

:/
Why are you still asking this? Several people have told you already. It is 620p, just like Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2.

Soap and Price are great. I loved the MW2 campaign but I guess your mileage can vary with it. I personally think most people like it as no one I know dislikes it. And I'm pretty sure CoD 1 had MP as I played CoD multiplayer on PC back in the day, never had United Offensive, and I think that was pretty much the only CoD until 2 for the 360 launch. Well, I guess there was that console only CoD for the Xbox, PS2, Gamecube gen.

And I may be going against the grain with this one but I wish the MP unlocking was slower. Maybe I'm just used to MW2 but I feel like I'm leveling too quickly and getting all my unlocks quickly. I don't really have a sense of reward this time even though I like using them. And I'm a little disappointed in myself for playing so much MP before SP for the first time. Now I know locations! :(

Kyoufu

zlatko said:
Bro fist. That's what I'm doing, but I have silencer and rapid fire instead of the kick. Everything else is the same though.

I just tried out the ACR today and I had my mind blown. That gun is a BEAST. Soooo gooood.

I almost have that gun, is it fully automatic?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
AngmarsKing701 said:
So far MW3 makes me want to play more BLOPS instead. No doubt I'll stick with this though, as all my friends have it.

Sigh. Who knew that Treyarch would become a better dev than IW? Of course, half the IW team is with Respawn now.

OMG SAME. The more I play MW3, the more I want to play Black Ops. I beasted at that game (well, maybe not BEASTED, but I did well for myself), whereas I'm getting torn to shreds every time I set foot online in MW3. But then again I did spend a lot of time sucking ass at BLOPS before I got better.

Still, I liked everything about BLOPS multiplayer. I kinda wish paid Elite gave you access to BLOPS' maps as well, I would so buy BLOPS again to play that stuff.

I dont know, it feels like everyone's got World Class reaction times. Im by no means a pro, but shit.... it feels like I have to scrap and claw to go 5-10.

Also, Im taking it that the shotguns blow again? I was happy to see my SPAS here, I was unhappy that I need to surgically implant the end of the barrel 2-inches deep into people to get a kill with it. Maybe its just me.

LowParry

TheApatheticOne said:
I dont know, it feels like everyone's got World Class reaction times. Im by no means a pro, but shit.... it feels like I have to scrap and claw to go 5-10.

I felt that way as well when I first started. The problem right now is adjusting to the new map layouts. And if you're used to bullet sponge bodies from BO, you best take it slow.

Top Bottom