• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

HixxSAFC said:
I still think the maps are very bland visually but I don't think they're the clusterfuck many people in here seem to think they are. 6 v 6 and there's plenty of room to do your thing, infact some TDM are so slow that we don't reach the required kills to end the match.
The map DESIGN is a clusterfuck, not the gameplay (at least compared to MW2 or even MW1). Because the maps are so maze-like it's actually tricky finding people. It lacks rhyme or reason. As usual, the gameplay becomes a clusterfuck because of the spawning...most of the time.

I had no issue putting this game down yesterday after playing it for about 45 minutes, which would be the first time that has happened so quickly for a COD game. Unlocked the Type-95 and proceeded to destroy for a couple of games and said to myself "wow, they didn't even try" and then I turned it off.

butts

My only real complaint so far is that a small handful of the maps feel way too small and therefore come across as a clusterfuck. Like Dome :|

The problem is going to be trying to find the time to split between MW3 360 and BF3 PC. Both are so good and so different that the problem is finding the time to play both.

Victrix

*beard*
butts said:
The problem is going to be trying to find the time to split between MW3 360 and BF3 PC. Both are so good and so different that the problem is finding the time to play both.

Same boat. And I play MAG every now and then to relax.

Skyrim tomorrow. Zelda next week. Fffffffffffffffffff.

aku:jiki

Man, they need to do something about the Osprey airdrop (the 18 support streak). It takes waaay too long to drop the packages and goes down on only one Stinger. I haven't received any of my packages for like 5 Ospreys now. :(

Mik2121

Man, the ACOG+Red Dot sight thing is great. I'm still level 43 or so, so I'm still missing a bunch of weapons but I've been pretty much playing all the way until now with the SCAR-L and it's been going fairly well.
Just now I changed to the G36C because it's so damn strong...

I wonder how good is the FAD though..?

EYEL1NER

I can't wait to get off work tonight and really dive into this after only two hours of MP Tuesday night.
I also can't wait for the next Treyarch CoD game, where we might see some good maps again. Elite came with my Hardened Edition, so I have free maps coming my way, but after seeing what is on-disc (shit maps), I have no faith that they are going to produce any good downloadable maps. Treyarch will pull through for us next year though.

Kyoufu

Mik2121 said:
Man, the ACOG+Red Dot sight thing is great. I'm still level 43 or so, so I'm still missing a bunch of weapons but I've been pretty much playing all the way until now with the SCAR-L and it's been going fairly well.
Just now I changed to the G36C because it's so damn strong...

I wonder how good is the FAD though..?

You can try out all the weapons in private match if you're really curious.

Kujo

Dipswitch said:
So as someone who bought BF3 for the SP and hated it (Ironically loving the MP, which normally isn't my cup of tea), is the MW3 campaign on par with the first two MW games?
Best campaign in the entire franchise

zam said:
Best feature in this game: Being able to hear the voice-chat of the opponent that you just killed. Love hearing the rage :)

Yeah, at first I thought it a glitch, but then I realized it was a blatant way of rewarding you for getting a surprise kill on a group of opponents.

The best thing to hear is killing someone and then they go "oh shit behind y-" then killing the next guy by surprise and then hearing them go "what do you mea- oh shit".

Btw, do rpgs and other rockets do a lot of damage against juggernauts? I had gotten support jug once and found I wasn't taking significant damage until I suddenly got killed by an rpg.

X-Frame said:
How many of you are NOT Prestiging?
Never have and I've played them all. Don't like starting over and those prestige symbols are confusing anyways. I can never tell if you're a 3rd or 8th prestige.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
X-Frame said:

I will in this game since I have 2 tokens now and will get 1 for presitiging, that means I can keep 3 unlocks the first go around, by the second prestige I will more than likely be keeping everything I care about so further prestiges won't hurt at all.

-Amon-

ilnadmy said:
I was really giving up on MW3's multiplayer, what with the quick deaths and boring level design, but then yesterday something clicked. I found myself recognizing spots on the map that were OK to hang out in for a while, using my support killstreaks properly, and unlocking some useful perks that fit my playstyle.

And then I played Demolition.

Oh. My. God.

I am never playing anything else ever again. Demolition is just so much damn fun. It's one of those gametypes where you don't care about your K/D ratio because you know rushing/defending a bomb site is going to be a clusterfuck anyway. When you win because you killed a guy a second before he defused your bomb, everything is well with the world. And when you lose because someone called in a stealth airstrike on you as YOU were defusing the bomb, you can't help but say, "Well played, sir."

Ah, I love it. I only wish K/D ratio didn't count for objective-based gametypes. If I keep playing Demolition I doubt I'll be able to pad my K/D ratio very much.

Anyway WHAT the hell is UP with Founder status? I don't have it yet? Am I even going to be able to get it before the 13th??

Kyla Cole forever junior. Good Taste !

Dan Yo

Banned
TestOfTide said:
Yeah, at first I thought it a glitch, but then I realized it was a blatant way of rewarding you for getting a surprise kill on a group of opponents.

The best thing to hear is killing someone and then they go "oh shit behind y-" then killing the next guy by surprise and then hearing them go "what do you mea- oh shit".

Btw, do rpgs and other rockets do a lot of damage against juggernauts? I had gotten support jug once and found I wasn't taking significant damage until I suddenly got killed by an rpg.
Never knew this happened. I imagine it would be more effective if the game actually forced voice chat, like in MW2.

I actually enjoyed the forced voice chat in MW2. I hope Respawn includes that again when they complete the true successor to MW1/2.

How do you kill somebody with the Juggernaut Killstreak? I unloaded a whole clip into the body with the M4 and didnt miss once. He didnt die. I am assuming he had the Juggernaut killstreak.

This game confirms it. I get Treyarch games. IW games, on the other hand, are horrible to me.

Say what you will about Treyarch, but they nail the three important factors for me: maps, class, and community. This game is a the metaphorical equivalent of a directionless prom girl with zero brains.

kaskade

X-Frame said:
While I'm not close yet, I love but hate prestiging. It sucks loosing some of the higher level stuff that helps with more specific stuff, like the portable radar and things like that.

nagge

I've stuck through the initial disappointment of MW3 and now I actually find myself enjoying it, as I though, once you learn the maps the experience gets that much better.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
kaskade said:
While I'm not close yet, I love but hate prestiging. It sucks loosing some of the higher level stuff that helps with more specific stuff, like the portable radar and things like that.

Use your prestige tokens to keep all your shit.

A lot of people are wasting all their tokens from the previous games on double EXP when they should be saving them to keep their unlocks.

Wildstar75 said:
How do you kill somebody with the Juggernaut Killstreak? I unloaded a whole clip into the body with the M4 and didnt miss once. He didnt die. I am assuming he had the Juggernaut killstreak.

Explosives.

I'm primarily using the MG36. Would attaching a grip in addition to using the "kick" proficiency be pointless? Does using both give even more stability?

Hixx

United Offensive has the best campaign overall, some of the fighting was incredibly tense and it was legitimately difficult as opposed to grenade spam and super human aiming AI. MW3 is the best of the post CoD2 campaigns, though mainly because there's less of that bullshit than in MW1, 2 & Black Ops.

Kermit The Dog said:
This game confirms it. I get Treyarch games. IW games, on the other hand, are horrible to me.

Say what you will about Treyarch, but they nail the three important factors for me: maps, class, and community. This game is a the metaphorical equivalent of a directionless prom girl with zero brains.

I'm starting to lean this way. I was one of the few that really enjoyed COD3's mp for nearly a year. As far as SP they seem to both do it the same and it's getting so old.
After all my lashing of the maps yesterday I promise to let it go for a day. I think.

HixxSAFC said:
United Offensive has the best campaign overall, some of the fighting was incredibly tense and it was legitimately difficult as opposed to grenade spam and super human aiming AI. MW3 is the best of the post CoD2 campaigns, though mainly because there's less of that bullshit than in MW1, 2 & Black Ops.

Haha no.

MW3 has crazy moments but nothing more. COD4 is still the king.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Digital-Hero said:
Haha no.

The whole
sub sequence was probably the coolest thing I've done in a video game ever.

That mission beginning to end was awesome.

Alienshogun said:
I personally like the bullet damage.
Ditto. Most of the time when I get killed it's because I was blind-sided or out-played. As long as your team has a competent support player who can get armor to everybody your survival rate will go way up.

Still haven't settled on a class. I've been running support for awhile but I had a nice run on assault in my last game. Ran with the G36C, Stinger, along with care package, helicopter, and...I forget what the third killstreak was.

Love the assault drone as well. Best uses I've had with the bouncing betty have been by throwing them in dark areas or ones that attract a lot of players whose biggest concern is not getting shot. Already have more kills with BBs than with grenades.

Campaign is the best in the series I think, but I don't remember COD4's all that well. Actually my last memory of that game was throwing it out after trying to play through on Veteran.

MCXC Pioneer said:
The bullet damage needs to come down
Yeah, bullet damage being reduced would seriously cut down on the terrible shoot first win mechanic. There's no chance to run away or outmaneuver an opponent because you're already dead once you get shot. Hit detection is pretty inconsistent already, there are many times when you have the reticule directly on an enemy, hear your gun shooting, but get no hit markers and die.

And the problem of bullets curving around walls still exist. I'd prefer it if the devs focused less on coming up with new cool killstreaks and fix these gunplay problems that are in every COD game.

The health is so low you cannot survive any firefights.

the matches go by so fast because people are racking up 12-20 deaths in no time.

please give us a little more health or lower the damage on the guns so we can survive just a tad longer and it would be perfect.

to me anyways.

Hixx

Digital-Hero said:
Haha no.

Different strokes...

MW comes close to 3 but I thought the pacing, set pieces and generally less frustrating fights take it a step above.

Jeff-DSA

The host advantage issues are infuriating. I hate unloading half a clip into an enemy, seeing him turn and take 1 shot and me going down immediately. Then you watch the kill cam and it shows that you never even fired once. Cool!

X-Frame said:

I'm going to keep prestiging until I get bored of the game. I just don't have fun not earning experience. Increasing gun rank may get me to keep playing once I hit a prestige icon I like though.

Top Bottom