• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

What is so bad about tight. All these maps are counter-strikeesque.

Im having no problem circling the map and getting kills and enjoying myself in any game mode. why are these maps hampering fun so much for you? why would an open map be more fun?

rezuth

egoextrico said:

Im having no problem circling the map and getting kills and enjoying myself in any game mode. why are these maps hampering fun so much for you? why would an open map be more fun?
I said this before and its why I'm loving this game and playing better than ever. No more random open maps :)

Fuck this game and its absolutely atrocious netcode. My shots should never go through an enemy without any hitmarkers. This is Treyarch-level trash right here. I knew I shouldn't have wasted money on this piece of shit once all the talent left IW.

rezuth

Jack Scofield said:
Fuck this game and its absolutely atrocious netcode. My shots should never go through an enemy without any hitmarkers. This is Treyarch-level trash right here. I knew I shouldn't have wasted money on this piece of shit once all the talent left IW.
Record it so I can believe it.

rezuth said:
Record it so I can believe it.

I swear to God, I will the next time it happens. I'm looking at the dude, shoot my gun three or four times, get NO hitmarkers and the enemy kills me. It's absolute bullshit and happens multiple times per game.

And this is the first IW-helmed MW game to seriously fuck-up the unlock system. Nice job fucking over the low-level players, IW. At least in COD4 and MW2, the best guns were available right from the start. And thanks for making me wait until level fucking 55 to unlock silent footsteps. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I'm seriously raging right now. Fuck this game.

Danny 117

I can't seem to get that Delta Force spawn music out of my head :lol

Is it just me or is Mission one of the worst maps ever to exist in a CoD? I just hate the Maze-like design of it all.
I LOVED the campaign. After coming from the campaign of a certain other FPS that was recently released.. the set pieces and over the top action were welcomed with open arms.
Also, (end game spoilers)
That last mission with the juggernaut suits.. so awesome.
Soap :(

MercuryLS

Banned
rezuth said:
I said this before and its why I'm loving this game and playing better than ever. No more random open maps :)

Yeah, I always hated open maps. Always preferred smaller maps with clean layouts. The one thing I don't like about these maps is that they're confusing, hopefully that goes away over time. But I haven't played anything that is as straightforward and well designed as Crash in this game.

Nome

egoextrico said:

Because some people enjoy open maps. Is this a real question?

hamchan

Jack Scofield said:
I swear to God, I will the next time it happens. I'm looking at the dude, shoot my gun three or four times, get NO hitmarkers and the enemy kills me. It's absolute bullshit and happens multiple times per game.

And this is the first IW-helmed MW game to seriously fuck-up the unlock system. Nice job fucking over the low-level players, IW. At least in COD4 and MW2, the best guns were available right from the start. And thanks for making me wait until level fucking 55 to unlock silent footsteps. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I'm seriously raging right now. Fuck this game.
The M4A1 and UMP, weapons you get right at the start, are pretty damn good...

soultron

Banned
hamchan said:
The M4A1 and UMP, weapons you get right at the start, are pretty damn good...
I've been running the M4A1+Kick+silencer since the beginning, and at level 48, it still fucking crushes people.

So, am I playing the same SP as most other people? Because I thought it was fucking awesome.

It took a few weird directions at the end, but there were so many memorable moments. Not quite on the same level as the previous two games, but damn close.

Great way to end the trilogy,

Jarmel

Banned
The game is heavily biased in favor of higher ranks it's not even funny.

The two biggest problems though are the weapon damage and the god awful map design. I can deal with one when the other is good however this game is a fucking mess.

Wow.

From 2.1 K/D to 1.2 in a day.

Awesome. Sure do love shooting puffs of air instead of bullets. Fun.

And no, the maps are terrible. There are 2 or 3 decent ones (DECENT), but nothing that approaches good.

Running around corners and spraying and praying gets me more kills than ADS. Laughable.

The_Inquisitor said:
I havent played cod MP in a long time.

I fucking suck at it.

No shit, same here. I played a good amount of MW1, and a decent amount of MW2, but only a little of Blops, and I'm rusty as hell. I'm sucking bad.

Dabanton

Foliorum Viridum said:
So, am I playing the same SP as most other people? Because I thought it was fucking awesome.

It took a few weird directions at the end, but there were so many memorable moments. Not quite on the same level as the previous two games, but damn close.

Yeah i'm playing it now just paused to have some cornflakes.

And it's been a solid thrilling ride so far Price is a badass, really liking the Sandman character too reminds me of Jason Issacs.

MercuryLS

Banned
The Antitype said:
Wow.

From 2.1 K/D to 1.2 in a day.

Awesome. Sure do love shooting puffs of air instead of bullets. Fun.

And no, the maps are terrible. There are 2 or 3 decent ones (DECENT), but nothing that approaches good.

Running around corners and spraying and praying gets me more kills than ADS. Laughable.

When I get into a game I try to knife a window, if there is a delay in the glass shattering it's an automatic quit. There's a few games I've been in where everything seems normal, and then you try to kill someone and you realize something is off. This shit needs to be resolved.

I wonder how many sequels it will take after MW2 for COD to get acceptable hit detection again, it's been what, 2 games now? Where is all that money going.

E: Actually MW2 wasn't great as well, same problem of curving bullets around corners, when was the last time COD had acceptable hit detection....

JB1981

Game can be really frustrating. It's impossible that everyone's reaction time is just that much better. Lag was NOT this bad in MW or MW2

Also, I had pretty much one major issue with the SP:
the little girl.

I'm not against it on grounds of taste or anything, because I loved No Russian and will defend it as a great moment in the series, however this felt a bit cheap and like they didn't know how to top No Russian. Seemed forced, didn't impact me in any way.

The sequence before that when you get out of the London Underground is SOOOO great though. I just loved all of the police cars parked around Westminster etc.

MercuryLS said:
When I get into a game I try to knife a window, if there is a delay in the glass shattering it's an automatic quit. There's a few games I've been in where everything seems normal, and then you try to kill someone and you realize something is off. This shit needs to be resolved.

Max taught me an even simpler trick for Black Ops, which I imagine probably works here too.

Fire a bullet, then reload. If you don't reload basically instantly, you might as well quit out if you're playing a run-and-gun style.

Go in to buy MW3 & see 8 copies of the Hardened Editions just stacked on the counter.
trollface.png

*Me: That! Mine now please!*
*Clerk: How about no!*
*Clerk: Those are for the pre-orders who haven't picked em up*

Fuuuuu.jpg

Raide

TacticalFox88 said:
I hope the new engine IW uses for next gen is so far advanced that it's futureproof for the entirety of Next gen. This shit is ridiculous.

Whole new engine? Not sure if they will.
Modded version of current-gen engine? That sounds about right.

See You Next Wednesday said:
Go in to buy MW3 & see 8 copies of the Hardened Editions just stacked on the counter.
trollface.png

Fuuuuu.jpg
Bwahahahahaha

T-0800

Foliorum Viridum said:

I'm only halfway through but already the campaign is miles ahead of MW2.

Angry Fork

k so after my raging/bitching/whining in this thread over and over I've had a slight change of heart, (very slight right now).

I unlocked Hardcore S & D finally and have been playing that for the last 3 hours. It is way way way better than normal. I always played Hardcore in previous games but this one is so much better without the handicaps. I've been doing really well (1st/2nd place) with my sniper/pistol combo. I did have 1 or 2 terrible matches though. In normal S & D I kept raging at the damage because my rifle would sometimes take 2 shots to kill meanwhile everyone else's machine gun took the same amount. And pistols took 4-5 shots to kill someone but in Hardcore it's only 2-3. It feels much more fair now.

At least in hardcore I don't feel cheapened out when I die. If someone catches me it was because of my lack of awareness of my surroundings/not being careful. At least I have that on my conscience and not the stupid awful damage/kill instantly shit in the normal modes no matter what you do.

I played about 7-8 different maps I think so far (in hardcore SnD) and I'm beginning to know the routes people take which is making sniping easier. These maps are garbage compared to COD4 no doubt about it, but they're becoming tolerable. I don't want to shit on my luck though maybe I only had a few good games so knock on wood, hopefully the good, fair matches continue.

Anyway if anyone else here plays Hardcore SnD and needs someone to fill their party once in a while add me my PSN is napkin. I still haven't touched the single player though so I think I'll do that now =P

See You Next Wednesday said:
trollface.png

Fuuuuu.jpg
lmao

So I just unlocked the 1887 a few matches ago, works pretty well as a MW2 Spas replacement. Its a little slower between shots, but it has the best range and with steady aim you'll be one shotting in no time with some practice. Doesnt work for all maps, but good for the super close quarters ones. Closest thing you'll get to the MW2 spas. Give it a shot.

Ovid

I'm using the FMG9 Akimbo more than my primary. It seems more powerful than any assault rifle. I guess because most one-on-one encounters are close range.

sleepykyo

JB1981 said:
Game can be really frustrating. It's impossible that everyone's reaction time is just that much better. Lag was NOT this bad in MW or MW2

Shrugs. After 5 CODs, I wouldn't be surprised that a core crowd would be just that much faster.

On a somewhat related note. The lag does feel more pronounced than MW2 (PS3) but not quite as bad as Black Ops (PS3) and the frame rate isn't as bad Black Ops (PS3). Sigh, I'll take what I can get.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Took the plunge with an Elite sub. Want to try it since I believe it's the begining of a game-as-a-service model that will dominate the future.

Too bad it doesn't seem to actually work. Nor are the promised iPad apps available.

Is there a separate thread for Elite discussion?

hamchan

Foliorum Viridum said:

? I think a lot of people have said this campaign is great. No annoying levels, no grenade spam,properly designed levels with good cover and flanking opportunities and it actually wraps up the story in a good way.

maomaoIYP

Jack Scofield said:

Dead silence in MW1 was a lvl 50+ unlock as well. Doesn't matter that much in this game, I've noticed that you can rarely hear anyone in this game just like in Blops, and crouching isn't silent as well. Partially agree with you on the weapons though. MW1's M16 was the best gun, but MW2's ACR unlocked pretty late as well. MW3's M16 is worthless, but I like the M4A1, SCAR, and L118A.

MercuryLS

Banned
sleepykyo said:
Shrugs. After 5 CODs, I wouldn't be surprised that a core crowd would be just that much faster.

On a somewhat related note. The lag does feel more pronounced than MW2 (PS3) but not quite as bad as Black Ops (PS3) and the frame rate isn't as bad Black Ops (PS3). Sigh, I'll take what I can get.

Never really had an issue with lag on MW2 for PS3. I'm hoping this is launch week hiccups, cause if it doesn't clear up I will probably sell it.

Top Bottom