• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

eek5

XM25 is so bad. I'm glad they didn't give it any power but it's kind of baffling as to why it is even in the game

The Xtortionist said:
I've played 7-8 hours of MP and honestly haven't played Village once.
Consider yourself lucky.
It's not that it's a super bad map, but it's one that is definitely suited for objective modes.

skullwolfgp

Neo Member
eek5 said:
XM25 is so bad. I'm glad they didn't give it any power but it's kind of baffling as to why it is even in the game

Ha I was thinking the same thing, the blast radius is so tiny. Used it for one round and put it back on the shelf.

Touch

Oozer3993 said:
That's the only weapon that's annoying me at the moment. Opponents are taking me down in 2-3 bullets with it. It seems significantly more powerful than any gun I have available to me.
That's why I am trying to pick it up. I think my connection is holding me back. It takes me at least 2 bursts to drop someone way more than it should. Not based on design but based on how my opponents have been dropping me and from videos on Youtube. I just can't seem to get that 2-3 bullet kill.

When all fails I just go back to the ACR. It brightens my day. Or rather the P90 for 3 bar spray 'N pray.

snack said:
Anyone know how to unlock this title?

iw5_cardtitle_double_rainbow.png
Defuse two bombs. I got it quickly since I play demo :)

eek5

Xux said:
Pair it with Recon and Impact.
I don't think you can put a weapon proficiency on it. I was using it with recon for a while which was nice to tag people but I think sleight of hand is better since you can reload it a lot faster (and swap to your main to finish people off w/ SoH pro).

It seems like 2 inner radius hits = kill
3 outer radius hits = kill
4 hits = kill if they're using blast shield

I've gotten a couple ohk but I'm not sure if they were hurt already or not.

I guess if you want to get Recon pro really fast the XM25 is the way to do it.

I like the maps but I'm also having a hard time adjusting to them. After playing MW2 for so long then playing this..it's like completely different for me. Im still trying to adjust to it.

Edit: Oh fuck those betty bouncers..hate those things so damn much

BankaiZaraki said:
I like the maps but I'm also having a hard time adjusting to them. After playing MW2 for so long then playing this..it's like completely different for me. Im still trying to adjust to it.

Yeah but at least they arent instant kill like in WAW. Going prone immediately you will avoid it.

Mik2121

BankaiZaraki said:

It's like the claymore mines except they go in all directions, but you can prevent them by going prone. I have been able to dodge a couple already! :p

eek5

Mik2121 said:
It's like the claymore mines except they go in all directions, but you can prevent them by going prone. I have been able to dodge a couple already! :p

I think you can just run past poorly placed ones too. I've heard the noise behind me before

Lionheart1827 said:
Man I wish they just changed the launched explosive damage and left regular grenades/semtexes alone. So many clicks with my semtexes
Yeah the grenade/semtex dmg is a joke now. I never even use them so I just toss a betty when I spawn and sometimes I get a kill.

Mik2121

eek5 said:
I think you can just run past poorly placed ones too. I've heard the noise behind me before

Yeah the grenade/semtex dmg is a joke now. I never even use them so I just toss a betty when I spawn and sometimes I get a kill.
Yeah, if they are on a corner or something like that, just by getting behind the corner you can prevent them. I guess the same with any kind of obstacle on the level.

Lionheart1827 said:
Man I wish they just changed the launched explosive damage and left regular grenades/semtexes alone. So many clicks with my semtexes
That's what I said earlier and people said I was wrong. I KNOW they fucked with the Semtex blast radius and splash damage. I know it.

eek5

Since killstreaks loop now, could you run assault package with only UAV selected + hardline and get a UAV every 2 kills?

maomaoIYP

Ilive1up said:
jesus. the overwatch helicopter is so, so baller.

unlocked the gold skin for the CM901. thing is a beast, or i'm just good with it.

also, bouncing betty's are awesome.

How do you unlock the gold skin? I got a gun to lvl 30 but no idea how to get the gold. I still haven't seen a bouncing betty actually work yet, I always see players on the other team throw a pizza right at me, but nothing happens, so I just shoot it to level up my sitrep.

Xux

eek5 said:
I don't think you can put a weapon proficiency on it.
I was thinking of putting it on your primary and wallbanging them while you have the wall hack from Recon.
eek5 said:
Since killstreaks loop now, could you run assault package with only UAV selected + hardline and get a UAV every 2 kills?
Yup.
maomaoIYP said:
How do you unlock the gold skin? I got a gun to lvl 30
Get it to level 31.

Mik2121

maomaoIYP said:
How do you unlock the gold skin? I got a gun to lvl 30 but no idea how to get the gold. I still haven't seen a bouncing betty actually work yet, I always see players on the other team throw a pizza right at me, but nothing happens, so I just shoot it to level up my sitrep.
You have to get your weapon to level 31 supposedly.

maomaoIYP

Mik2121 said:
You have to get your weapon to level 31 supposedly.

Yeah I know you do. But the max weapon proficiency challenge maxes at 30. Do you need to complete all the challenges associated with the weapon or just the number of kills challenge?

Jrmint

ilnadmy said:
God, I hate Domination with a fucking PASSION. It's just a complete disaster zone of killstreaks raining death on you every 7 seconds. So painful.
I have loved Domination ever since CoD4 but I too may have to leave it behind.

It seems this is the most common mode for clans and the like, and once they get 2 flags your spawn is camped and you're basically fucked.

Thank god for kill confirmed, that mode is so fun.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I feel like I shouldn't have picked this game up since Skyrim comes out tomorrow...

I'm having some fun with the game, singleplayer is neato. Haven't played too much multi yet. I have this stigma about buying newer CoD games. It just feels wrong.

Underground.

I shot at the guy across the street with the M4 for a solid 2 seconds, at least 10 shots. Hash marks indicating each hit was landing.

No kill.

He calmly turns around and shoots me once with the G36C from the same range, immediate kill for him.

This game is such rotten dogshit. I gave it a shot, I'm out. Let the retard masses enjoy their carrots on sticks, I'll stick to fun, balanced gameplay with competent netcode instead.

Mik2121

maomaoIYP said:
Yeah I know you do. But the max weapon proficiency challenge maxes at 30. Do you need to complete all the challenges associated with the weapon or just the number of kills challenge?
Uhm... I will check. I have my SCAR-L all the way up to level 30 but I believe you could get it up to 31? (or limit it out at 30 but with the XP bar filled so it counts as if it were 31?..)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The air drop trap seemed like a great streak reward at first, but I think people are already wary of them. I guess it's not likely that you'd see a legit crate just sitting there untouched. It might work better in FFA, I guess.

MercuryLS

Banned
vatstep said:
The air drop trap seemed like a great streak reward at first, but I think people are already wary of them. I guess it's not likely that you'd see a legit crate just sitting there untouched. It might work better in FFA, I guess.

Yeah, it was fun to mess with for a while but people learn quick. Not worth using now.

That said, you can still get people to bite if you throw it into areas with a lot of activity, people think that you dropped it and got killed before you picked it up. If it's a lone package in a remote part of the level with no one around, then you deserve to get blown up.

ZZMitch

The Type 95 really is an amazing gun. My first game with it I went 21-2 and one of those deaths was because I ran out of ammo for my Type 95 and had to run around with my secondary weapon for a bit.

It is like the M16 on steroids.

Mik2121

MercuryLS said:
Yeah, it was fun to mess with for a while but people learn quick. Not worth using now.

That said, you can still get people to bite if you throw it into areas with a lot of activity, people think that you dropped it and got killed before you picked it up. If it's a lone package in a remote part of the level with no one around, then you deserve to get blown up.
This reminds me, yesterday I was playing online and saw one of those packages. I absolutely knew it was a trap so I never bothered, as did the rest of my team. That is, except this one guy who decided to open it just as I was walking by, and he got both of us killed. I noticed him just one second before blowing up and I didn't have a mic so I couldn't warn him, but seriously.. hope he learned a lesson. Idiot :(

vatstep said:

On the plus side, no one takes your care packages now.

kuYuri

The Antitype said:
Underground.

I shot at the guy across the street with the M4 for a solid 2 seconds, at least 10 shots. Hash marks indicating each hit was landing.

No kill.

He calmly turns around and shoots me once with the G36C from the same range, immediate kill for him.

This game is such rotten dogshit. I gave it a shot, I'm out. Let the retard masses enjoy their carrots on sticks, I'll stick to fun, balanced gameplay with competent netcode instead.

YSeSW.jpg

NYR

1.03 KDR for me do after after 3 hours of playing. Game is super fast paced, the streaks are rampant as you don't have to actually be getting kills to get them anymore. Almost impossible to get to the top tier ones as far as I can see. Loving it so far.

Mik2121

I went all the way down to K:D 1.2 or so at first without knowing the maps and with the default weapons. Now I've been getting a bit better and my K:D ratio is at 2.3XX whatever, and I can get around most maps now.

soultron

Banned
Hyunkel6 said:
Will I get 20,000 exp if I enable double xp right before I complete a 10,000 exp challenge? It didn't work in MW2, iirc.
I thought these sort of things only applied to in-game XP, rather than challenge-based XP.

If you got the Hardened Edition is it worth delaying the activation of elite until the first set of maps come out to maximize the value of the membership?

Top Bottom