• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Sean

Banned
Air Drop trap is absolutely pointless because it doesn't have the yellow icon thing above it like real ones. Very easy to tell apart.

New players might get fooled once, but that's about it. I see a bunch of them on the map and everyone knows better than to touch em.

Linkhero1

Am I the only person who has had a better K/D ratio in MW2 and Blops than in this game? I can't seem to get my K/D ratio over 1.0 in most of my matches. How sad.

Card Boy

Banned
I'm at 1.5KD ratio. If i wanted i could camp like a little bitch at double it to 3:1.

Like El Presador i run and gun, i never stay in the same position for more than 10 seconds.

soultron

Banned
MDavis360 said:
You're not alone. I'm about to bail completely because I can't handle constantly doing this bad.
Why not just try different game modes? I find I do much better in anything other than TDM. I'm hovering just above 1 though. I couldn't care less though. KDR means nothing to me.

Linkhero1

soultron said:
Why not just try different game modes? I find I do much better in anything other than TDM. I'm hovering just above 1 though. I couldn't care less though. KDR means nothing to me.
This is true because a lot of people focus on the objective of other game modes than on their K/D ratio. I usually up my K/D ratio in Demolition because I don't care about the objective :D

Xux

Linkhero1 said:
Am I the only person who has had a better K/D ratio in MW2 and Blops than in this game? I can't seem to get my K/D ratio over 1.0 in most of my matches. How sad.
Yeah, I'm a whole .4 lower in this game at 1.353 as opposed to my BO KD of 1.75+. It was nice of them to display it out to another decimal place to help me measure my journey to COD superstardom.

unomas

Banned
MDavis360 said:
Wow the campaign really is pretty awesome.

I'm enjoying it, and I'm about 2/3 of the way through now, but I'm looking forward to being done with it so I can move onto multiplayer.

Marda

Neo Member
I never experienced a COD game at launch, so, please tell me that these server/connection issues (on the PS3) will go away in time? With COD:BO, I got it 6 months in and never had any problems getting onto a game (took me less than a minute unless a game mode was dead), but with MW3 it's taking me at least 15 minutes to get something going.

MercuryLS

Banned
Marda said:
I never experienced a COD game at launch, so, please tell me that these server/connection issues (on the PS3) will go away in time? With COD:BO, I got it 6 months in and never had any problems getting onto a game, but with MW3 it's taking me at least 15 minutes to get something going.

I'm pretty sure that MW2 had launch weeks issues as well, I believe they released a patch for it and it was smooth sailing from there. I could be wrong here, but I recall something like this happening. I'm hoping that things smooth out for the PS3 version too, I want to love you MW3.

Kawl_USC

Golfham is the goddamn MP9 a beast. I swear playing tonight I think I got more kills with that little beauty than I did with my SCAR.

Was really playing phenomenal tonight. Capped the night with a 22 Kill Streak, doubling up on my AC-130 in order to get the game winning kill with it.

Sogood.gif

Mik2121

Marda said:
I never experienced a COD game at launch, so, please tell me that these server/connection issues (on the PS3) will go away in time? With COD:BO, I got it 6 months in and never had any problems getting onto a game (took me less than a minute unless a game mode was dead), but with MW3 it's taking me at least 15 minutes to get something going.
The servers get always strained at first, this happens with pretty much every game. But waiting 15 minutes to get something going?... you better check your connection, because it takes me less than 1 minute and I live on a region where the game is still not on sale (until the 17th).

d00d3n

It is really weird how the campaigns of MW2 and MW3 feel so much more refined than BLOPS. I mean, MW3 was made by basically a new team. Both MW3 and BLOPS received massive support from Activision, they were both developed in the same time frame and so on. The levels in MW3 are built around massive set pieces and there is basically no filler. BLOPS had long stretches of sub par content, uninteresting tunnels, jungle roads, always a room too much of the same filler content. BLOPS was also a longer game.

So what makes MW3 so much better? Even bigger development budget/polish shining through? The remaining people at infinity ward are really smart people? The sledgehammer guys are really smart people? More interesting story due to legacy characters like Price and Soap?

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Finished the campaign, wow that was wild. Loved it. Intense as hell, definitely my favorite so far. And the ending was so fucking awesome. Endgame character question
What the hell happened to Frost? You playing as him when Delta attempts to rescue Athena, and then in the next mission where Delta sacrifices themselves in the quarry, he's not there. He just vanishes and never shows up again. Did I miss something somewhere? Also... Soap :( And Delta :( and Yuri :( Sad game man.

d00d3n said:
It is really weird how the campaigns of MW2 and MW3 feel so much more refined than BLOPS. I mean, MW3 was made by basically a new team. Both MW3 and BLOPS received massive support from Activision, they were both developed in the same time frame and so on. The levels in MW3 are built around massive set pieces and there is basically no filler. BLOPS had long stretches of sub par content, uninteresting tunnels, jungle roads, always a room too much of the same filler content. BLOPS was also a longer game.

So what makes MW3 so much better? Even bigger development budget/polish shining through? The remaining people at infinity ward are really smart people? The sledgehammer guys are really smart people? More interesting story due to legacy characters like Price and Soap?

I'm weird in that I thought BLOPS campaign was much more memorable for me than what I've played so far of MW3 and even the entirety of MW2's campaign. MW1 was great IMO, but I found CoD2's and even the campaign in BLOPS better than MW2 and MW3 so far. This is the first CoD where I haven't finished the campaign before jumping into MP. I play a level or two before I get bored and switch to MP. I do like that it feels more like WWIII, but CoD just feels like it's too Michael Bay now. How anyone can play these games without subtitles now is beyond me.

Sometimes it honestly feels like a Dynasty Warriors game with guns where it's not about securing positions and strategic firefights but a shallow shooting gallery where they just fill the screen with enemies for no rhyme or reason.

eek5

Linkhero1 said:
I think I was 1.4 in MW3, 1.6 or 1.7 in BLOPS. Now I'm sitting around 1.5. I think I could've gotten it up more tonight but I was playing with the XM25 for like 12 matches and went negative in almost all of them :/

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Linkhero1 said:

So far. But its early. My ratio has gone up a little bit each day. After a long play session Monday morning I was at .99 and now I'm at 1.67.

I think my MW2 ratio peaked at 1.86 and finished at 1.7.

I finished at 2.11 on Black Ops. The X-mas season always brings a huge boost to my ratio with a big second wave of noobs.

Sean said:
New players might get fooled once, but that's about it. I see a bunch of them on the map and everyone knows better than to touch em.

I see the same people die over and over in the same match from that shit. Happens all the time.

Ok.

I have a 100/10 connection.

In most matches I have 4 green bars.

Why does it take me half a clip of M4 ammo (with hash-marks signifying hits) to take a fucker down?

I mean, I know it has to be something wrong, cause it's not possible to take out groups of 2 or 3 quickly, when it takes a half-second of sustained fire to put just one of them down, and I SEE people getting double, triple kills or more.

Nevermind the fact that everybody else seems to drop me in 5 shots or less.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Kill Confirmed is annoying as balls.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun... but it forces the game to be even MORE of a close ranged cluster fuck. If i kill someone from a distance, i have to rush over to wherever he died to crab his tags before he poofs away. On small maps where spawning is complete ass, if he dies RIGHT before i grab his tags, they go poof. So annoying not being rewarded for the kill...

Plasma

Banned
The Antitype said:
Ok.

Why does it take me half a clip of M4 ammo (with hash-marks signifying hits) to take a fucker down?

I mean, I know it has to be something wrong, cause it's not possible to take out groups of 2 or 3 quickly, when it takes a half-second of sustained fire to put just one of them down, and I SEE people getting double, triple kills or more.

Use the CM901.

FStop7

Banned
The Antitype said:
Ok.

Same exact thing happens to me. I even see it on the kill cams. I will have 3 or 4 hit markers on a guy and he does not go down, meanwhile he gets two on me and I'm done. It's happened over and over and over.

eek5

Oh damn.. I didn't realize setting the distance on the XM25 caused the grenade to explode at that distance. Changes everything, maybe. Will have to play with it some more

MechDX

The Antitype said:
Ok.

Played my first MP games tonight and I had the EXACT same issue. Maybe the M4 just really sucks.

rezuth

Jack Scofield said:
The superfluous amount of blood that flies out of an enemy's head whenever Price/Soap/Sandman performs an animated execution on an NPC is hilarious. Is it realistic? Maybe, but nothing that gratuitous ever happened in COD4 or MW2. Price shoots someone in the head, and a giant stream of blood flies out and splatters all over the wall. Shocking for shocking's sake.

Shanking an enemy in the neck is needlessly gruesome, as well. But I guess subtlety isn't MW3's strong suit. Haha.
Have you done anything besides posting 50 posts in where you complain about every aspect of the game? If you don't like it you shouldn't play it. There is no need for you to keep torturing yourself.

Mik2121

Man.. Elite is starting to piss me off now. Now it loads, but the page background for some fucked up reason disappears and becomes white, so I can't read ANYTHING. Ugh...

Mattdaddy said:
Finished the campaign, wow that was wild. Loved it. Intense as hell, definitely my favorite so far. And the ending was so fucking awesome. Endgame character question
What the hell happened to Frost? You playing as him when Delta attempts to rescue Athena, and then in the next mission where Delta sacrifices themselves in the quarry, he's not there. He just vanishes and never shows up again. Did I miss something somewhere? Also... Soap :( And Delta :( and Yuri :( Sad game man.
Indeed. Price lighting a cigar...like a BOSS

maomaoIYP

dmg04 said:
Kill Confirmed is annoying as balls.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun... but it forces the game to be even MORE of a close ranged cluster fuck. If i kill someone from a distance, i have to rush over to wherever he died to crab his tags before he poofs away. On small maps where spawning is complete ass, if he dies RIGHT before i grab his tags, they go poof. So annoying not being rewarded for the kill...

Actually I'll like to think of it as a mode that promotes teamwork. You score a kill, then cover your teammate while he grabs the tag. This way you get the most out of the points.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
maomaoIYP said:
Actually I'll like to think of it as a mode that promotes teamwork. You score a kill, then cover your teammate while he grabs the tag. This way you get the most out of the points.

This is what me and my friends try to do whenever possible.

FStop7

Banned
Holy bastard I got frustrated at the game tonight. Spawned. Shot dead. Spawned. Took 10 steps. Shot in back. Spawned. Made it down the hallway. Shot in back. Spawned. Ran up some stairs. Shot in back. Spawned. Ran around one corner. Shot in back. Etc, etc, etc.

MechDX said:
Played my first MP games tonight and I had the EXACT same issue. Maybe the M4 just really sucks.

Nope, cause I switch to the CM901, exact same situation.

Oh, and I always get double digit assists. I'm dealing damage just not finishing fast enough.

The raw contempt for the consumer that bleeds through every half-assed pore of this game is astonishing.

FStop7

Banned
The Antitype said:
Nope, cause I switch to the CM901, exact same situation.

Oh, and I always get double digit assists. I'm dealing damage just not finishing fast enough.

The raw contempt for the consumer that bleeds through every half-assed pore of this game is astonishing.

I'll just throw this out there - is it possible the netcode is somehow punishing people with faster, lower latency connections in some botched attempt to achieve some kind of balance with higher latency players?

FStop7 said:
I'll just throw this out there - is it possible the netcode is somehow punishing people with faster, lower latency connections in some botched attempt to achieve some kind of balance with higher latency players?

I think it's much more simple.

This is a BAD game.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
madmaxx350 said:
Still on that win streak :D , Kill Confirmed all day. Anybody else on a win streak?

Impossible for me to put together any kind of streak when the piece of shit game gives you a loss every time you get booted from a match.

Sean said:
Air Drop trap is absolutely pointless because it doesn't have the yellow icon thing above it like real ones. Very easy to tell apart.

enemy care packages don't have the icons.

Blablurn

and i dont know why people complain about the graphics. i like the graphics on the campaign. clean, 60fps, no slowdowns. and some nice set pieces from time to time.

The Antitype said:
I think it's much more simple.

This is a BAD game.

I'm sorry you get such bad experience, I don't and my connection is the mandatory dorm connection my university provides. I actually think next to MW2 the netcode for this game is pretty solid, well except for party Matchmaking. Black Ops on the other hand? That's a bad game.

Brian Fellows said:
Impossible for me to put together any kind of streak when the piece of shit game gives you a loss every time you get booted from a match.

your win streak continues even if you get booted, I got two losses due to the "out of memory 14" bug and still have my win streak

M.W.

Sorry if old, but...

COD4/MW2 map files found in MW3?

http://mp1st.com/2011/11/10/cod-4-and-mw2-map-files-found-in-modern-warfare-3/

MW2-and-CoD-4-Maps-in-MW31.jpg

Top Bottom