• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

snack

RJNavarrete said:
So what does everyones combat record look like?

7yalo.jpg
CfXk3.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
Wow they really punish lower levels in this game. No Type 95, no claymores or bouncing betties, and also weapon levels.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I played a few hours of Kill Confirmed last night with some gaffers. They managed to win a bunch of our games despite me being on the team and being a complete and total moron. I really don't understand how I suck so bad at this game, when I was pulling 2-3 K/Ds in Black Ops consistently.

Xframe said:
What controller sensitivity does everyone play with?

4. I'm trying to get it higher but I can't fine tune my aim if I push it any higher than 4 or 5.

Mik2121 said:
Eh.. what about.. when you first started playing you got paired with low-level people, which includes new people to the series that don't know how to play. As you leveled up, you started to get paired with higher level people, which started to kick your ass.
Absolute shit. There's no such thing as skill-based/level based matchmaking in COD.. The developers have always said so.

harrytang

Heavy's Sandvich said:
I'm having real issues with hit detection and lag which is killing my enjoyment.

i wasnt really buying into this lag compensation notion until i started watching my kill cams. it's ridiculous. i made a video last night of some shotgun kills where im clearly shooting a foot or two left of the guy, but killing him anyway.

i dont know if its like halo where the game needs to build up a connection database for improved connections. halo was always fucked up for about a week when they would reset that.

most disappointing this was not feeling like i could not use cover effectively. i would see a guy and move behind a pillar, but be killed by bullets magically moving around the corner.

bj00rn_

Banned
Why the fuck can't I shut up the music in the SP in this game..? It's the 360 version and I tried custom music, but it still plays on top.. I'm so pissed off about this mandatory music stuff.. I just can't fathom it..

Victrix

*beard*
I've found the one map/mode combo that genuinely makes me rage - Village in Domination. God fucking forbid you get stuck at A. You will spawn in the useless cave corner over, and over, and over again.

Due to the layout of the map, it's very rare and unlikely for the C-B team to push that particular part of the map - so you are spawned there all the fucking time.

Yuck.

Sethos

Banned
I love what they've done with the matchmaking. Apparently it's only searching by country for me and my friends. When you live in a small country like Denmark and play a low populated gamemode like Hardcore modes, it's a god damn pain in the ass.

We had to quit last night because it couldn't find enough players for Hardcore Search & Destroy. We were 4, it found 2 and that's it.

Never had these issues in any of the other Call of Duty games. Looked through the twitter feeds, a guy from Hungary had the same problem.

harrytang said:
i wasnt really buying into this lag compensation notion until i started watching my kill cams. it's ridiculous. i made a video last night of some shotgun kills where im clearly shooting a foot or two left of the guy, but killing him anyway.

Kill cams aren't a 1:1 representation of what happened, never was.

Oh and the maps suck ass, big time. They are way too streamlined for the ADHD crowd to blaze around, no tactical options and they are filled to the brim with debris and other shit. They feel cramped.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
God damn. I'm seriously considering giving up this game forever. It's ridiculous how hard I fucking SUCK. It's not enjoyable at all for me.

JB1981

ilnadmy said:
I played a few hours of Kill Confirmed last night with some gaffers. They managed to win a bunch of our games despite me being on the team and being a complete and total moron. I really don't understand how I suck so bad at this game, when I was pulling 2-3 K/Ds in Black Ops consistently.

4. I'm trying to get it higher but I can't fine tune my aim if I push it any higher than 4 or 5.

Lag. It's like Gears 1 host advantage bad.

Angry Fork

1. Can you upload full matches from theater mode to youtube? Through a flash drive transfer to computer or something?

2. If you upload some to your online vault can you watch them on a computer/website? I want to link some good matches I had in Hardcore SnD =P

Majanew

Banned
Has N'Gai Croal not cried about the mission where three white guys are running through Africa killing a bunch of black Africans?

finished the campaign.

that was the worst campaign ive played. i guess its because people leaving IW but man. that was such a boring and unsatisfying SP. i think i actually had more fun with Medal of Honor campaign that came out last year. hell, even black ops had a better single player. cant think of one super cool moment, and everything that did happen in this game was done better by the previous 2 modern warfare games. i actually wanted to see what would happen to the story since i really enjoyed the first two (lol) but i was so disappointed with this :|

also, fuck you to the developer for killing every single cool person in the game.

i also dont know if its my tv or not but this game didnt really look any better than MW2.

now on to the multiplayer where ill probably be for the next few months

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
bigwinnerx said:
I'm like a .5 if that. Going even in a game is good for me. Though I play it more slowly than others and sneak and rarely break 10/10.

lol. we should get a party together of the sub-1 gaffers, go online and get demolished. every time we lose a game, we take a shot.

Shurs

bigwinnerx said:
I'm like a .5 if that. Going even in a game is good for me. Though I play it more slowly than others and sneak and rarely break 10/10.

Same here.

I'm still enjoying myself.

I figure I'll improve as I level up.

JB1981

effingvic said:
finished the campaign.

that was the worst campaign ive played. i guess its because people leaving IW but man. that was such a boring and unsatisfying SP. i think i actually had more fun with Medal of Honor campaign that came out last year. hell, even black ops had a better single player. cant think of one super cool moment, and everything that did happen in this game was done better by the previous 2 modern warfare games. i actually wanted to see what would happen to the story since i really enjoyed the first two (lol) but i was so disappointed with this :|

also, fuck you to the developer for killing every single cool person in the game.i also dont know if its my tv or not but this game didnt really look any better than MW2.

now on to the multiplayer where ill probably be for the next few months

come on brah.

def sim

I'm rocking the anime looking sniper dude emblem, Japanese flag, and MOE clan tag. Weeaboo theme to get that little bit of extra salt when watching my kill cam.

bigwinnerx said:

Thats how last night was for me. I have a lifetime CoD K/D of 1.45... its pretty much that in every single installment. Last night, I dropped from a .84 to a .72. I cant wrap my head around it. Doesn't matter game mode either. Its like Im shooting marshmellows, they're shooting real, actual bullets.

Mik2121

Wow, the Elite app on the PS3 is working flawlessly. I can see all my stats, search for groups, create groups (there's a neogaf group btw!), check clans, improve, etc.. :)

I bumped the controller sensitivity up to 3.

For the guy who is level 30 in just 4 hours. Dude you rock.

I was having a lot of trouble with feeling like I was shooting people, but no one was dying. That changed when I switched to stalker and moved slower around the map. Now I am really enjoying the game. I just need to get a pair of headphones so I can hear someone sneak up on me. I've also found that blind eye and assassin pro have helped kill the ESP people seem to have when I come around corners.

sweetfish

Gold Member
rance said:
I'm rocking the anime looking sniper dude emblem, Japanese flag, and MOE clan tag. Weeaboo theme to get that little bit of extra salt when watching my kill cam.

:lol

Anyone up for some Gun Game tonight?

Untracked

bj00rn_ said:
Why the fuck can't I shut up the music in the SP in this game..? It's the 360 version and I tried custom music, but it still plays on top.. I'm so pissed off about this mandatory music stuff.. I just can't fathom it..
All IW CoDs have been like this. I can't fathom it either. At least Treyarch give you a music volume slider in the options.

Victrix said:
I've found the one map/mode combo that genuinely makes me rage - Village in Domination. God fucking forbid you get stuck at A. You will spawn in the useless cave corner over, and over, and over again.

Due to the layout of the map, it's very rare and unlikely for the C-B team to push that particular part of the map - so you are spawned there all the fucking time.

Yuck.

This happened to me! If this happens you might as well quit.

bj00rn_

Banned
Untracked said:
All IW CoDs have been like this. I can't fathom it either. At least Treyarch give you a music volume slider in the options.

Yeah.. The lack of an option doesn't even make any sense. The easiest thing would be to have a modded 360 and to pirate the game and rip out the music files. But I have an unmodded 360 and a game that I bought.. I don't get why these assholes (That includes you as well Bungie..) want to make me feel bad for wanting to support the gaming industry instead of just downloading for free. FFS....

def sim

bj00rn_ said:
Yeah.. The lack of an option doesn't even make any sense. The easiest thing would be to have a modded 360 and to pirate the game and rip out the music files. But I have an unmodded 360 and a game that I bought.. I don't get why these assholes (That includes you as well Bungie..) want to make me feel bad for wanting to support the gaming industry instead of just downloading for free. FFS....

mountain out of a mole hill right there

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
belier said:
The existence of 1+K/D ratio playes is impossible without players like you and me, who live under one...

lol, that made me laugh. It's extremely frustrating though. I just unlocked the Type 95 though, maybe that will help.

Surprisingly, I just went positive (OMGZZZ) using a silenced UMP with Assassin Pro and just running around hipfiring. Apparently I can't aim down the sights to save my life. (literally)

Lima

Campaign was good. Really good.

COD 4 is still king though when it comes to the sp. Mainly because of the a-fucking-mazing sniper mission and the fact that all of the other stealth/sniper missions in MW2 and MW3 are inferior to it.

Uni assignments all done. Now I can hop into the MP tonight. Fuck yeah :D

Lots of negativity in here but there was a lot about the SP too and I loved that, so we shall see. Very excited!

The Antitype said:
This game is such rotten dogshit. I gave it a shot, I'm out. Let the retard masses enjoy their carrots on sticks, I'll stick to fun, balanced gameplay with competent netcode instead.

The Antitype said:
The raw contempt for the consumer that bleeds through every half-assed pore of this game is astonishing.

The Antitype said:
This is a BAD game.

The Antitype said:
This is B-Tier stuff at best.

The Antitype said:
The game is not bad. It is trash.

The Antitype said:
Win or lose, there's nothing fun about being fucked over by a game's haphazard quality.

The Antitype said:
Oh, it is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, my good man. :)

The Antitype said:
It's not a particularly well-crafted game, so you'll be surprised how many 'Wha?!' moments occur both in the action and in the menus.

The Antitype said:
Laughable.

Why the hell are you still playing the game?

And more to the point, why spend 5 hours spamming a video game message board about how much you aren't going play it anymore?

Serious question.

Hixx

PalaceBrother said:
Why the hell are you still playing the game?

And more to the point, why spend 5 hours spamming a video game message board about how much you aren't going play it anymore?

Serious question.

Antitype was trolling the Gears 3 thread when it launched as well. He's just a WUM.

HixxSAFC said:
Antitype was trolling the Gears 3 thread when it launched as well. He's just a WUM.
From what I've read in the Gears thread that wasn't trolling at all. Trolling really is an overused word.

He is right about one thing in that quote list, the netcode is shiit.

Fantasmo

This low health thing is eating me up. The second I go on the offensive I'm a dead duck. Not only can I not be Rambo, but people get pissed if I play defensive, AND its boring for me.

Modern Warfare 2 health/damage would be nice. In that game you could run away if you were eating a rain of fire and knew you were outmatched AND you were near cover BUT it was still a quick death if you run out in the open without a solid plan.

In this game, the second you're out of cover you're setting yourself up for a death. I think I've managed to get back into cover maybe 10 times out of hundreds.

Top Bottom