• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

bluehat9

Prestiged in COD4! Now to snap the disc in half and cut someone with it!

As for the whole game debate, I did end up liking BO more than MW2 in the end (even playing on ps3). Can't talk about COD4 since I just played it after tokens were announced and ran into too many hacked games (I did hate that there was nothing that could lock on the helicopter or shoot down uavs though).

Schwabe

vatstep said:
Yes, you own it forever. It was confirmed at the CoD XP keynote.

And it's part of the FAQ on callofduty.com/elite. don't know, why no one is reading the "what's included" section.

Radec said:
Modern-Warfare-3-Prestige-emblems-leak-screenshot.jpg

I don't know about the 10th though.
Those are fucking terrible. What were they thinking? Won't be prestiging if those are real.

Daft_Cat

Anyone get a chance to go through the campaign yet? What's the general word of mouth? I still have really fond memories of the COD4 campaign...but I've basically despised everything since then. Even on the multiplayer front, nothing's touched COD4 for me since.

This was actually the first year I was going to skip out on COD..I really didn't enjoy Black Ops all that much (it was either moderately better or moderately worse than MW2..not sure)..but MW3 is stirring up a touch of the ol' nostalgia.

It comes back to the campaign though. Multiplayer will keep me playing, but the campaign is typically what I remember each game for.. (and I'm not one to buy a game when half the experience is terrible).

I know they're going back to the States (and other impossible to invade countries) this time, but it looks a bit more reserved at least. No TGI Fridays defense force.

Bollocks

Just to be sure, groundwar is still in there with the same player account as in MW2?
I played that exclusively but if it's gone or the player amount capped I'll pass.

CcrooK said:
You seriously want to miss out on the tokens? A brave one.
I don't really have a choice. The only logo that looks even remotely good is the tenth one, and that's because it looks like one from MW2. These new emblems look like a generic RPG menu selector.

Smokey

How is cod on pc? I've recently become a pc oriented gamer after building a beast of a machine and as a result don't care to really get console games unless I'm amazed. I like cod MP and I know it obviously looks better on pc, but how does gameplay feel with kb&m?

Angry Fork

Anybody think there'll be some deals to get the game at 50 or so from now till release? Haven't pre ordered yet I'm going to but don't really want to support Activision with a full 60 =(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Angry Fork said:
Anybody think there'll be some deals to get the game at 50 or so from now till release? Haven't pre ordered yet I'm going to but don't really want to support Activision with a full 60 =(

For MW3? Dude expect at most a price drop in 6 months. Just buy used after a few days if you don't want to "support"

amar212

Please, does anyone knows the details regarding Team Tactical?

Is it 4vs4 or are we finally back to 3vs3?

Also, are all of the modes in the rotation (as in COD4) or we're still getting that crippled nonsense of all past-COD4 games?

Thanx in advance!

Angry Fork

Damn. There was a deal to get it for 45 at some point in July but I didn't know I was going to get it then. Oh well 60 it is. I wish Amazon gave a 10$ pre order offer for games like they used to instead of for some dumb headset.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Angry Fork said:
Damn. There was a deal to get it for 45 at some point in July but I didn't know I was going to get it then. Oh well 60 it is. I wish Amazon gave a 10$ pre order offer for games like they used to instead of for some dumb headset.

They do. I got 20 dollars credit for BF3, which I'm using in MW3, so I'm only paying 39 dollars.

bluehat9

Relix said:
For MW3? Dude expect at most a price drop in 6 months. Just buy used after a few days if you don't want to "support"
Eh, there might be a black friday deal somewhere for $50. Of course, that means dealing with the ungodly rush of people, standing in huge lines, and hoping they actually have more than 10 copies available that went to those people that have been camped out since Wednesday, lol.

Do the benefits from using a prestige token stack? ie. if I decide to use the "carry forward a particular gun" one, does that gun stay with me again when I prestige?

LowParry

PalaceBrother said:
Do the benefits from using a prestige token stack? ie. if I decide to use the "carry forward a particular gun" one, does that gun stay with me again when I prestige?

Yes. You will have that gun for-eh-verrrr. (Unless you go with the reset option)

As much as I've kept up with the game, I still don't know whether the combat record has made a return? Is there any way of displaying and viewing W/L, K/D and stats in this game?

Or is it strictly an elite thing?

Would it be so hard to design the prestige icons so they actually represent the prestige number? Sometimes they do it, and then the other 90% of the time, it's just completely random. Or at least, design them so they look like they all come from the same planet.

Schwabe

Xamdou said:
Will your stats automatically reset when you prestige?

nope. in the prestige shop, there is a option to reset all stats, through going into prestige it resets nothing, like in all games before. the option in the prestige shop is in for the hardcore players, who get bored after they reached prestige 10 level 80 (so it said r.bowling). if they reset all stats, they can begin a new MW3 career. level 0, no prestige. but i assume that tokens earned for previous CoDs are lost then.

butts

Ok so tokens from previous games... what happens if you are switching consoles? I prestiged multiple times in MW2 and BO but that was on PS3, now I will be playing on 360. Does it transfer or not?

butts said:
Ok so tokens from previous games... what happens if you are switching consoles? I prestiged multiple times in MW2 and BO but that was on PS3, now I will be playing on 360. Does it transfer or not?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. Bowling said something about that. I think the game will check on the server side of what games you prestiged in or however it works.

snack

Are tokens transferable? What I mean is that I prestiged in BO on PC and MW1 on PS3, but I'm buying MW3 on the 360. Thanks.

EDIT: Just read the post above. My bad. haha

snack

Marcellus Wallace said:
Yes, so you can get up to 10 tokens from MW3.
So... say I am prestige level 10 and have one prestige token. I can reset all my stats and restart my MW3 career from scratch?

fozzy

Thanks for the replies. So how do I buy it?

Sounds like a stupid question but I was always going to buy the Hardened edition so I don't have a clue.

kuYuri

fozzy said:
Thanks for the replies. So how do I buy it?

Sounds like a stupid question but I was always going to buy the Hardened edition so I don't have a clue.
You can buy it from within PSN/ XBL right now.

butts

One last prestige shop question - do you get 1 coin per prestige and only one no matter which prestige you are on, or do you get the amount of coins of the level you are prestiging to? So like, prestige 1 you would get 1 coin, prestige 2 you would get 2 coins etc.

If it isn't the latter, I think you would have to be crazy to choose the 2 hours of double XP over something like a new custom slot or unlocked equipment.

Matts Legacy said:
In 5 days this will happen more then once to many I assure you

I have done this over a hundred times, but when you live with each other you have to try different things.

Oh baby did you just sneeze? Here you better take this.
Benadryl.jpg

Or better yet this.
nyquil_liquid.jpg

Top Bottom