• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Wife's who make alt accounts to spy on husbands are gonna be PISSED
LLShC.gif

Angry Fork said:
Anybody think there'll be some deals to get the game at 50 or so from now till release? Haven't pre ordered yet I'm going to but don't really want to support Activision with a full 60 =(
A friend of mine who drinks a lot of Mountain Dew sold about 10 hours worth of double XP on Ebay for $70 and used that money to buy the game. It's funny because I think he spent considerably less than $70 on the Mountain Dew in the first place.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
_Alkaline_ said:
As much as I've kept up with the game, I still don't know whether the combat record has made a return? Is there any way of displaying and viewing W/L, K/D and stats in this game?

Or is it strictly an elite thing?
I'm wondering the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they eliminated a lot of stats from the game to try and get people to use Elite (similar to Halo). Bowling did reply to a question about this on Twitter last week — whether or not there's a combat record like Blops — he just said that MW3 has "massively detailed" stat tracking. I just hope at least some of it is in-game.

Be on your guard about campaign spoilers if that's your thing. MW3 videos are about to flood Youtube. The 360 version showed up on torrents today.

Miggytronz

krameriffic said:
A friend of mine who drinks a lot of Mountain Dew sold about 10 hours worth of double XP on Ebay for $70 and used that money to buy the game. It's funny because I think he spent considerably less than $70 on the Mountain Dew in the first place.
LOL i should do this.

eek5

I preordered the regular edition since it wasn't available anywhere. Didn't realize you could buy elite with MS points either which is pretty awesome since I got a lot of my points for 20-40% off.

LowParry

johnFkennedy said:
Reminds me more of Sub Base. It even uses some of the same assets.

Agreed. Looks nothing like BO madness. I like what I see. I see some good choke points to use. Damn. Need this game soon. Uncharted 3 is keeping me happy for now.

Xamdou

Kyoufu said:
Damn, I can't remember if I prestiged in COD4 or not. Any way to check? My game is buried somewhere.

Same here, any gaffer still got COD4 and can check if we prestiged or not via leader boards?

Always-honest said:
I know

First of all: You don't decide what i think is fun.
Second: it's always fun to play with friends.
Third: these school kiddies are in every multiplayer i know. And yes, some are godawfull to play with.
Fourth: it took me a while to find out what the hell a noobtube was. Later on the game was just filled with these. So yeah, that's when i stopped playing. But that was not in the beginning and also not in every game.

it's time for some gaffers to start enjoying games again instead of acting like a fucking elitist snob. The game wasn't perfect, by a longshot. But there was fun to be had, in SP, MP AND co-op.

Yea I really didnt receive half of the glitches and pain talked about here. The biggest annoyances were Noobtubes and Quickscoping. I only saw 1 person get a nuke during the entire time I played MW2.

Annoying kids and racist idiots get muted..simple as that.

I had a ton of fun with MW2 when played with friends, especially with alcohol involved. I will be there day one. Just trying to track down a hardened edition.

iMike76

Banned
eek5 said:
I preordered the regular edition since it wasn't available anywhere. Didn't realize you could buy elite with MS points either which is pretty awesome since I got a lot of my points for 20-40% off.
You can? Is it on Live already? I got $140 in GameStop credit so I guess I'll just buy $50 worth of points and buy it on Xbox Live.

kuYuri

Genesis Knight said:
I think it's funny that the menus in MW3 are the exact goddamn thing as MW2.
Clearly it was a good decision cause other games are copying it in their own way.

Kyoufu said:
None of the cool shit MW1 and MW2 had, like killstreak stacking.
I thought that was a great improvement over here, people didn't sit and rely on their killstreaks to get other killstreaks for them in BO.

Genesis Knight said:
I think it's funny that the menus in MW3 are the exact goddamn thing as MW2.
The sound of guns is identical too, the announcers sound very familiar as well.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Gahhhhh cannot wait for this!! So far the Uncharted 3 campaign has left me underwhelmed (although granted I'm still at Chapter 6), so I can't wait for MW3 to blow me away as its predecessors have.

I also have COD4 on 360 if people need me to check their prestigeness. How do I do that exactly?

Madtown_

Jack Scofield said:
Bah, why don't they have your team emblem next to the score anymore? I liked that.
They aren't necessary. They just take up more space on the screen.

That's how I imagine their thought process went about that.

No doubt I'm excited for killstreaks, pointstreaks, new classes, guns, maps, and the prestige shop. But this really looks like a mate of mw1, 2, and blops... And not in the best way. The hud is lacking. Yes simplistic huds are preferable, but no playercard flashing for tasks/killstreaks, no team emblems, etc. make this look bland as hell. Not to mention the ugly ass menus. Those colors are horrid.

Edit: and has anyone checked to see if your team will always be white on the killfeed? I found it stupid that you'd be the brown/orange ones sometimes on mw2. Thank God black ops got it right.

LQX said:
Outpost...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWeJFgJmuKQ

Looks just like a Black Ops snow map.
Small room -> go outside with clutter clutter clutter (can't see anything but a few feet in front of you) -> small room -> go outside with clutter clutter clutter -> small room -> etc. No distinctive marks to help with communication. Repeated assets. Reused art assets from mw2 up the wazoo. No confidence in their map design, so they put a car here, put a box there, put this house here because if you don't then maybe somebody can see more than 10% of the map at one time...ugh.

djm

Yeah, the amount of assets they recycled is kind of bumming me out.

I'm still looking forward to the game, but I got some serious deja vu watching a few of those map walk throughs where it looked almost like a MW2 map, except in an entirely different layout/design.

Madtown_

Kyoufu said:
Anyone still have COD4 on PS3 that can check to see if I have Prestiged?
You can only check for yourself if you're on PS3. You only show on the leaderboards if you're online.

Madtown_ said:
They aren't necessary. They just take up more space on the screen.

That's how I imagine their thought process went about that.

Also, the emblem kind of balanced the two sides of the HUD in MW2: the left had a circular emblem; the other side had a circular compass. Since they removed the compass in MW3 they probably decided to get rid of the team logos, as well.

Still, it sucks. It just looks really odd without it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so can someone clear up the previous Prestige thing? So if I prestiged 3 times in CoD4, 5 times in MW2, and 5 times in Black Ops all on the 360, what do I get in MW3? Do I get a token for each of those (13 in all) to use right away?

snack

Wingfan19 said:
Ok, so can someone clear up the previous Prestige thing? So if I prestiged 3 times in CoD4, 5 times in MW2, and 5 times in Black Ops all on the 360, what do I get in MW3? Do I get a token for each of those (13 in all) to use right away?
You get only one token for each game you prestiged in. In your case, you get 3.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks! Well that's kinda cool I guess.

EDIT - My next question is, what are the Normal/Hardened/Veteran packages in the Prestige Shop?

upJTboogie said:
I thought that was a great improvement over here, people didn't sit and rely on their killstreaks to get other killstreaks for them in BO.

The sound of guns is identical too, the announcers sound very familiar as well.

It's such a weird sense of deja vu because Black Ops was something of an intermission. Now it's like the presentation has come full circle. and I'm back to 2009 or whatever.

Surprised Amazon isn't doing any $10 or $20 preorder credit. Looks like there aren't any good straight-up discounts on it anywhere apart from Kmart's "buy MW3 get X" stuff.

LQX said:
Outpost...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWeJFgJmuKQ

Looks just like a Black Ops snow map.

Not for me. I'm in the camp that hated it.
Maps in CoD games all feel similar to me. The only real distinguishing factor between them all is size, and based on the few map previews I've watched of MW3, there aren't any really big ones like Array or Wasteland, and thank fuck for that. Big camping maps are retarded. If I wanted to sit on top of an antenna and snipe I'd play Battlefield. Then give myself a lobotomy for being retarded. Most of these MW3 maps seem interchangeable between BO and MW2.

Top Bottom