• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

madmaxx350 said:
Here's mine
kd-1.png
Only two losses? What do you play? FFA?

Sethos

Banned
DR3AM said:
anyone else getting killed from the back aot? i mean ALOT

Yup, majority of my deaths.

It's the sheer layout of the map, every time you look in one direction, there's like 3 direction behind you where the enemy can come from. Worst map layouts I've seen in any shooter.

JB1981

Is the animation for going into ADS longer (slower) than previous games? It sure feels like it ....

I feel like all I do in these maps is run around in circles like a chicken without a head, and i'm constantly checking my behind to make sure I don't get shot in the back.

vilmer_

Sethos said:
Yup, majority of my deaths.

It's the sheer layout of the map, every time you look in one direction, there's like 3 direction behind you where the enemy can come from. Worst map layouts I've seen in any shooter.

I literally feel unsafe anywhere I am in the maps. That should not be the case, especially at your spawn areas... It's making me really paranoid lol!

Kyoufu

JB1981 said:
Is the animation for going into ADS longer (slower) than previous games? It sure feels like it ....

Yes. They slowed the animations for ADS as well as equipment/grenade usage. You gotta use Quickdraw Pro perk to quicken them.

MercuryLS

Banned
DR3AM said:
anyone else getting killed from the back aot? i mean ALOT

The spawns are kinda fucked, I've been killed a few times and respawn near my killer. It's an easy revenge kill, I'm sure that happens with people I kill too.

Apoc87

Banned
TangoAlphaLima said:
JoCo, KS, represent.

You don't need to be a Founder to get all DLC. Founder "is a lifetime status that grants access to exclusive competitions, prizes, and in-game goodies like camouflage, player cards, and emblems."

REP DAT

Thanks homie.

def sim

home early for some mw3 friday night shut in action

why is my nat back to moderate? god damn it, this is the only game this happens to

vilmer_

Kyoufu said:
I got it mixed up. The map I despise isn't called Village. Its Fallen. Worst map ever.

Hmmm I don't remember which one that is but I'll keep an eye out for it. My current wtf map is Dome.

bj00rn_

Banned
MCXC Pioneer said:
Mute your TV, plug in an ipod. Problem solved.

I don't get it. You're joking right? :)

I just want the music to stop, so I can fully concentrate on the game sounds. I know the game isn't 100% realistic......., but I've actually been in the military, trained as a soldier in the real world, and I can't recall that we ran around shooting stuff listening to some annoying horn blowers on our iPods. The music doesn't add atmosphere to me, it actually removes it.

If I find an IW official... Come on, just patch the option in please!!!

knitoe

Noriega said:
They're not supposed to lol

The only way you can tell its real is if you can see it in the opponents killcam. That's what I do.
I use siterep and can tell right away. It's to bad you can't destroy fake care pakage or convert them blow up on the other team.

Mik2121

Kyoufu said:
I got it mixed up. The map I despise isn't called Village. Its Fallen. Worst map ever.
o_O Really? Fallen is pretty fun IMO. Quite big, lots of places to go through and I always do great in that map :p

knitoe said:
I use siterep and can tell right away. It's to bad you can't destroy fake care pakage or convert them blow up on the other team.
Yep. I just finished a game and when I started (mid-way through the match) I saw two teammates grabbing it. I have sitrep so I could tell it was a trap, but I don't have the mic on...

Anyone defending the quality of MW3 maps has serious issue with identifying intelligent map design. This is the worst base map set of any COD game, without question. Uninspired, claustrophobic, direction-less.

Quite simply, shit maps.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Mik2121 said:
Yep. I just finished a game and when I started (mid-way through the match) I saw two teammates grabbing it. I have sitrep so I could tell it was a trap, but I don't have the mic on...

I warn people all the time about the booty traps and nobody ever listens. Probably have me muted.

Unlocked the G36 last night. Love the fat sound this gun makes when firing. Great power in medium to long range, but the kick is a little tricky at longer ranges. Even with the kick reducer on it. Guess that makes it more balanced though.

One thing I always loved about MW2, and now MW3, is that every gun seems exciting to me. All of them seem to be useful and cool in some manner. They're different, but not so different as to make them useless. I think for me the sound and the feel of the gun is important. If I don't think that gun is cool in some way, I don't really want to use it.

This was one of my biggest complaints with BLOPS. The only liked the FAMAS and the AK-47U.

Kermit The Dog said:
Anyone defending the quality of MW3 maps has serious issue with identifying intelligent map design. This is the worst base map set of any COD game, without question. Uninspired, claustrophobic, direction-less.

Quite simply, shit maps.

There is no doubt they're a bit different than MW2, but I still like them for the most part. I continue to feel more comfortable on them, and their complicated nature doesn't seem as daunting as it did just 2 days ago. I always have to explain that I only play Team Deathmatch and a couple of it's new variants, so I have no idea how they play in the other game modes.

Kermit The Dog said:

Quite simply, shit maps.
Agreed, these maps are terrible. I was just talking to a friend about how we miss Crossfire from MW1, not because that map in particular is all that great, but because the layout made sense. It was one side vs another. Left vs right, black vs white, red vs blue.

Now every map in MW3 is a circle. It's just Pac-Man now where you hope a ghost doesn't catch you from behind.

I'm going to keep playing and hope some sort of depth opens up to me, but I'm disappointed right now.

Kyoufu

Mik2121 said:
o_O Really? Fallen is pretty fun IMO. Quite big, lots of places to go through and I always do great in that map :p

Fallen is the one with the houses and basically lots of camping spots. Its a camper's map. Gross!

Sethos

Banned
Kermit The Dog said:

Quite simply, shit maps.

Indeed.

Fantasmo

Kyoufu said:
Fallen is the one with the houses and basically lots of camping spots. Its a camper's map. Gross!
And this is where I lament the loss of DC/Tubes, weakening of grenades, and rockets, and the castration of shotguns. You just can't get those suckers out!

I saw a 30 second clip last night where a standard soldier, NO RIOT SHIELD, survived a STUCK Semtex on his chest!

Fantasmo

bj00rn_ said:
I don't get it. You're joking right? :)

I just want the music to stop, so I can fully concentrate on the game sounds. I know the game isn't 100% realistic......., but I've actually been in the military, trained as a soldier in the real world, and I can't recall that we ran around shooting stuff listening to some annoying horn blowers on our iPods. The music doesn't add atmosphere to me, it actually removes it.

If I find an IW official... Come on, just patch the option in please!!!
Its ESPECIALLY annoying when a Search round is ending. 1v1 and you know the guy is near, then tension music starts up. Argh!

Mik2121

Kermit The Dog said:

Quite simply, shit maps.
While I don't think they're great, once you get used to them they are fairly good. This is not Counter Strike where you have sides A and B and you just meet half-way through and fight. Here you have people respawning all the time, and if you don't want respawn kills to happen all the time, you better give the maps more paths.

While I think they could be done better, I don't think they're as bad as some of you guys make it sound.

I will make some mockup of a stage tomorrow (in 3D) and upload it on my website so you guys can check it out. It would be fun to make the ideal GAF COD map :p

Kyoufu

junkster said:
Its ESPECIALLY annoying when a Search round is ending. 1v1 and you know the guy is near, then tension music starts up. Argh!

Dude that is awesome. Its a videogame. Not a real war.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Kyoufu said:

Its one of the few maps I can move around at will in without having to worry about getting shot in the back. All you have to do is stay out of that little middle area.

Kermit The Dog said:

Quite simply, shit maps.
Agreed, only map I'm cool with so far is Outpost.

Mik2121 said:
Alright GAF! Give me ideas for the 'ideal' COD stage. About what size would you guys consider acceptable?
Anything where the map isn't like a Pac-man level where enemies can easily come up from behind you and kill you.

Seriously, I find myself running in the opposite direction of my teammates when I spawn because I know some fucker is going to be coming at us from behind.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Agreed, these maps are terrible. I was just talking to a friend about how we miss Crossfire from MW1, not because that map in particular is all that great, but because the layout made sense. It was one side vs another. Left vs right, black vs white, red vs blue.

Now every map in MW3 is a circle. It's just Pac-Man now where you hope a ghost doesn't catch you from behind.

I'm going to keep playing and hope some sort of depth opens up to me, but I'm disappointed right now.

This is how I'm starting to feel. Everytime I get killed it seems to be from behind. And whenever you run up on somebody, within seconds one of his teammates will appear because everyone just runs around in circles. Makes it frustrating to try and build up kill streaks unless you camp or stalk the edges.

Jason Raize '75 - '04 said:
So I guess you all intend to purchase the Map DLCs
I don't like the idea of rewarding them with 15 bucks for putting out such a poor quality of base maps.
Mik2121 said:
Alright GAF! Give me ideas for the 'ideal' COD stage. About what size would you guys consider acceptable?
Size of Crossfire or Strike.

Ninja Scooter said:
This is how I'm starting to feel. Everytime I get killed it seems to be from behind. And whenever you run up on somebody, within seconds one of his teammates will appear because everyone just runs around in circles. Makes it frustrating to try and build up kill streaks unless you camp or stalk the edges.
No surprise. Like said a thousand times, these maps are poorly designed. I can't imagine the number of dumb yes-men IW had working on this game that not a single person thought this was a big enough issue.

Mik2121

upJTboogie said:
I don't like the idea of rewarding them with 15 bucks for putting out such a poor quality of base maps.
Size of Crossfire or Strike.
Alright. I guess we want both OPEN areas and INDOORS, right? To have both play styles available.

How about vertical gameplay? Max 2nd floor buildings?

I've defended the maps so far but I did just have a pretty frustrating match on Fallen. We were basically spawn trapped at C DOM and took a while to break out of it. First time I'd seen that happen in this game.

Top Bottom