• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Chittagong said:
How come there is almost zero coverage of the disaster that is Call of Duty Elite? Is it a forbidden subject?

Given the high profile of MW3 launch and the hype for Elite, it's a failure of Mobile Me proportions at the very minimum.

As of three days after launch it still does not work at all. I have maybe managed to log in twice, and I've probably tried a hundred times (I've got the premium version).

I'm confident they will right this with free time and all and it will be worth it, but it is truly baffling to me how they can have failed so hard - bringing more capacity online does not take 3 days, just call Amazon. Nope, I fear there's something broken in their service other than too few servers.

I'm surprised at this as well--you'd think there would be more of an uproar for such a highly-touted feature.

Mik2121

Alright, I don't think anybody has posted it here yet, so I will..

Here's Elite for PS3. I took some photos with my webcam but the quality isn't very good, sorry.

5UE1X.png

This is the Elite Summary with the latest news and stuff. You can see the main menu on the left and the subcategories on the top.

45jzM.png

This is the main 'Career Summary' page that shows your K:D ratio, wins and loses, score, accuracy, etc..

UUb2b.png

Custom classes too!

3ag5S.png

Here's the Connect page that's not working on the website yet. You can search groups. As you can see, I'm on the Osaka (where I live) and Neogaf groups.

ScUFw.png

You can see information about the groups, like the number of members, have leaderboards, even a comments page to leave any comments you want. This should be fun once more people join in.

MJghn.png

These are the 'featured' groups. Tons of pre-made groups for cities, countries and football teams.

TMyQ4.png

I love this. Here you have all the maps of the game. I choose Fallen because it seems to be very popular around here during the last page or so :p

But wait!

ZOOM IN! ZOOM IN MORE!

QTu4M.png

Yep, you can zoom in quite deeply and you can change the gamemodes to see where the flags are, where the domination points are, etc..

DdcwK.png

This is another example of Improve. Here you get all the info for weapons, stats for it, progression, etc..

I didn't take any more pics because I didn't want to flood the thread, but you can get an idea anyway. The whole thing feels so much better than the website. It's faster and overall looks prettier. Of course, being on the PS3 is kind of meaningless because you might as well just play the game itself. But they are going to release iOS and Android apps, and I wouldn't be surprised if the iPad app is something like this. It should be awesome to zoom in on maps while on the go or while sitting on the sofa waiting for the next match to begin :p

snap0212 said:
Survival is so much fun! You can't play with other though, can you?
It is 2 player co-op, I wish it was 4p like zombies from Blops, but its still so much fun and addictive. Every time I get frustrated with MP I just quit and fire up spec ops and everything is alright again.

Mik2121 said:
Alright, I don't think anybody has posted it here yet, so I will..

Here's Elite for PS3. I took some photos with my webcam but the quality isn't very good, sorry.

So there is no way to view any of that in-game like in Blops? I have to quit the game & launch it from the dashboard?

Mik2121

Alienshogun said:
Yeah, elite is awesome when it's running.

You didn't even show the contests you can join where you can win hoodies and other shit.
I'm not subscribed so I cannot access that kind of stuff :/

See You Next Wednesday said:
So there is no way to view any of that in-game like in Blops? I have to quit the game & launch it from the dashboard?
Yup. Which is mighty stupid. You would think the game would have Elite included within itself, but no.. All you get is the 'Elite' button to download it (and I guess after that if you press it it takes you out of the game and into Elite, but still).

Touch

Alienshogun said:
The type 95 is a bit insane. It's the best rifle that's ever been in the COD franchise. I think it needs a bit of tweaking.
I'm tired of nerfs/patches. I hope they don't change a thing in the game.

Jrmint

Hey are you guys getting "communication with the Xbox live servers has been interrupted"? This shit is really annoying.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mik2121 said:
I'm not subscribed so I cannot access that kind of stuff :/

It's awesome, there's at least 6+ contests you can enter each with their own prizes and leaderboards.

Side note, ANYONE find a way to kill juggernauts that isn't a kill streak? Fuckers can just back into a corner and heal up.

Touch said:
I'm tired of nerfs/patches. I hope they don't change a thing in the game.

If they don't give it a little nudge (even adding the need for 1 more bullet to kill) it will be the only weapon anyone uses.

I feel like they finally got so much right with the game but the maps are what brings it down. I'd gladly take any other COD maps with this games perks and streaks. =/

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

You can launch elite from within the game and return to MW3 from within Elite.

It's not nearly as bad as it seems. It may as well be all in the same thing.

Sethos said:
You must have a magic version. My 360 version looks like ass.

Or you might just be a hyperbole slinger?

RJNavarrete said:
Picking up someone else's weapon doesn't count towards your barracks challenges? Lol wtf IW

Are you sure about this? I could have sworn I picked up someone else's gun last night and completed a challenge with it last night.

Mik2121

Alienshogun said:
It's awesome, there's at least 6+ contests you can enter each with their own prizes and leaderboards.

Side note, ANYONE find a way to kill juggernauts that isn't a kill streak? Fuckers can just back into a corner and heal up.

If they don't give it a little nudge (even adding the need for 1 more bullet to kill) it will be the only weapon anyone uses.
Yeah, the problem I have is that my main account is Japanese, I live in Japan and have the US version of the game. I think if I were to get Elite, it would only either

1) (US Elite) work on my US account and be able to download the levels to use with my JP account.
2) (JP Elite) work on my JP (main) account but all the DLC would be locked because my game is US.

If only MW3 didn't release on the 17th here and were in Japanese text obligatory... ugh.. Plus, I don't even know if Elite will support Japanese, but I have a feeling it won't, so they will just not release it here in Japan, I bet.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mik2121 said:
Yeah, the problem I have is that my main account is Japanese, I live in Japan and have the US version of the game. I think if I were to get Elite, it would only either

1) (US Elite) work on my US account and be able to download the levels to use with my JP account.
2) (JP Elite) work on my JP (main) account but all the DLC would be locked because my game is US.

If only MW3 didn't release on the 17th here and were in Japanese text obligatory... ugh.. Plus, I don't even know if Elite will support Japanese, but I have a feeling it won't, so they will just not release it here in Japan, I bet.

True, I always forget region restrictions.

X-Frame

If you switch classes when you have a streak going does your killstreak reset?

I questioned this last night a couple times but need to confirm it tonight. For example getting 5 kills with a class with Assult Strike used switching to a class with Support Strike. Does it reset?

Touch

Alienshogun said:
I disagree. People will still use the ACR. If they change the Type 95, I don't think they could do it while still making it viable.

Alienshogun said:
Wait, people are letting OTHER people's bitching bring their enjoyment of the game down?

Wat?

Also, after last night I think sometimes I have more fun playing alone. Some guys I play with rage so much it inevitably makes me rage since I can't hear the game and their "enthusiasm" gets me going.

COD is my relax game, ffs. The only time I get heated at this game is when others I'm playing with start in on that shit.

Now Gears and Halo, those games I don't need any assistance going rage mode.

It's funny you mention that, it's the exact opposite of that for me. I can get into a zen mood with Gears and Halo, but CoD makes me rage like nothing else.

Sethos

Banned
BruiserBear said:
Or you might just be a hyperbole slinger?

Or maybe you just don't want to open your eyes for a 600p upscaled console game that looks like ass. Stop pretending it looks good, yes it's fun yada yada but god dammit it does not look good.

Jb

Jrmint said:
Hey are you guys getting "communication with the Xbox live servers has been interrupted"? This shit is really annoying.
Yep. Spec Ops works fine but can't connect to regular MP :/ Fix this shit MS/Activision!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Alienshogun said:

I doubt that. Many people just do not like burst fire weapons.

Mik2121

Brian Fellows said:
I doubt that. Many people just do not like burst fire weapons.
Exactly. I'm not a fan of burst fire weapons, so my main weapon right now is the G36C with silencer and hybrid sight. Gotta love it, and the hybrid sight has saved my ass a couple times when I had to take out people from quite far away :p

Enosh

emp needs some fixing imo, last too long for how effective it is and how overall easy it is to get it
can't comment on the type 95 since I always suck at using burst rifles, so meh

Enosh said:
emp needs some fixing imo, last too long for how effective it is and how overall easy it is to get it
can't comment on the type 95 since I always suck at using burst rifles, so meh

You just need to emp them back :D, it's balanced, what I want is to EMP a dude getting a MOAB lol, that's why I'm running it.

Norml said:
Finished it today,Blops is much better in almost everything,IMO.

Blops>>
campaign
maps
options
co-op
graphics/art

No, no , no. Just NO

Kyoufu

Norml said:

Blops>>
campaign
maps
options
co-op
graphics/art

Your opinion sucks. Treyarch suck too.

Even Medal of Honor had a better campaign than Black Ops.

Only co-op Black Ops has is zombies... Spec Ops >>>> Zombies

Graphics are worse, since it runs on the old COD4 engine build.

Nome

Nabs said:
I'm guessing you can alter the FOV? I'll have to remember this.
Yep, works great. After playing MW3 for an hour on PC without it I get headaches and nausea from default FOV (same with Borderlands and other PC FPS). Widescreen fixer is pretty much the greatest thing ever.

Kyoufu said:
Your opinion sucks. Treyarch suck too.

Even Medal of Honor had a better campaign than Black Ops.

Only co-op Black Ops has is zombies... Spec Ops >>>> Zombies

Graphics are worse, since it runs on the old COD4 engine build.

Black Ops on PS3 didn't even look that much better than MW2, if it even did at all. Black Ops doesn't look better than MW3.

Angry Fork

Any answer on theater mode yet? Can we upload to youtube somehow or link to them at a certain site? What's the point of uploading them online in-game?

Angry Fork said:
Any answer on theater mode yet? Can we upload to youtube somehow or link to them at a certain site? What's the point of uploading them online in-game?

I think the theater mode is shit, why can't you watch a video with a party of friends, Black Ops did it FFS.

Angry Fork said:

i have a feeling this will become clearer once elite is working at capacity.

anyone know anything about the 2 hours of double xp you're supposedly getting for registering for elite?

Mik2121

Angry Fork said:
As soon as Elite starts to work properly, you will be able to link your Youtube account, and every video you take and upload will be on Youtube automatically.

Why, even though you're rendering on your console and sending it to Youtube, did they limit it to 30 seconds is a mystery...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
You know what would discourage camping more than shitty map design? Actually punishing assholes lay prone in in tight spaces. If I hit them it should be an automatic headshot every time. That is the only part of their body that is even visible.

Dabanton

You can launch it from within MW3 and then go back into MW3 when your finished from Elite

Well that's how it works on the 360.

Angry Fork

Mik2121 said:
Why, even though you're rendering on your console and sending it to Youtube, did they limit it to 30 seconds is a mystery...
...what, they're only going to allow 30 second uploads to youtube? What's the point of that?

Brian Fellows said:
You know what would discourage camping more than shitty map design? Actually punishing assholes lay prone in in tight spaces. If I hit them it should be an automatic headshot every time. That is the only part of their body that is even visible.

Yea I don't understand head glitching, if the only thing i can see is the dude's head behind a box or on the floor and i am shooting it, it should be a headshot.

Dropshotters too, I mean if I'm shooting a dude in the chest area and he tries to go prone shouldn't the bullets hit him in the face while he's laying prone?

Frogfucious said:
I use LMGs too, do you think kick and rapid fire is better than using the attachments proficiency and using grip and rapid fire?
I haven't tried that yet but I will when I get a chance. I bet it will help me knock out some Barracks challenges.

Mayyhem

Norml said:

Blops>>
campaign
maps
options
co-op
graphics/art
I'd say the total opposite for all of those things, where MW3 > BLops

Mayyhem

oddworld18 said:
i have a feeling this will become clearer once elite is working at capacity.

anyone know anything about the 2 hours of double xp you're supposedly getting for registering for elite?
I'd like to know this as well, love me some DubExp

MercuryLS

Banned
Mayyhem said:
I'd say the total opposite for all of those things, where MW3 > BLops

Blops was one of the biggest piles of ass ever foisted on the gaming public. If you like it you're a bad person and you should feel bad.

Nome

MercuryLS said:
Blops was one of the biggest piles of ass ever foisted on the gaming public. If you like it you're a bad person and you should feel bad.
Out of curiosity, are you a PC or console player?

Because it seems to me that most PC players think Blops > MW3, and most console players think MW3 > Blops.

Top Bottom