• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Alienshogun said:
Side note, ANYONE find a way to kill juggernauts that isn't a kill streak? Fuckers can just back into a corner and heal up.

I have a video I've been trying to upload to youtube, but callofduty.com/theater won't load for me. Anyway I was protecting a bomb site in Demolition and I saw the little diamond sign on the minimap telling me a Juggernaut was approaching. Pulled out my rocket launcher and sent a rocket straight to his face. I think it's the first time in my FPS career that I got a rocket launcher headshot, and boy was it satisfying. I wonder how hard he raged when he realized he got one-shotted.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
ilnadmy said:
Pulled out my rocket launcher and sent a rocket straight to his face. I think it's the first time in my FPS career that I got a rocket launcher headshot, and boy was it satisfying. I wonder how hard he raged when he realized he got one-shotted.

I guess that loading screen tip is on the money!

edit: 'Juggernauts aren't so tough when you cram a missile down their throat' or such.

Norml

Kyoufu said:
Your opinion sucks. Treyarch suck too.

Even Medal of Honor had a better campaign than Black Ops.

Only co-op Black Ops has is zombies... Spec Ops >>>> Zombies

Graphics are worse, since it runs on the old COD4 engine build.

I liked the campaign much better,better locations and story.

Spec Ops really needs more than 2 players.

Blops lighting is better how everything can get lens flare/glare.

Radec

RJNavarrete said:
So what does everyones combat record look like?

34AQ8.jpg

really hard to maintain my k/d ratio now that Assassin is widespread lol.

I really hated the money system in Black Ops, and I think the MW3 system is still bad as well, albeit a bit better.

I really enjoyed the stupid/bizarre combos you had to run in order to unlock stuff in MW2. It made you break out of your little shell of comfort weapons and run a goddamn ACOG Intervention and other wacky stuff. (I can't remember if that was actually required, but you know the deal.)

Black Ops let you buy every weapon and item in the game just by farming with your favorite AR/SMG.

MW3 at least makes you use a weapon to get the unlocks for it, but I don't think the linear leveling is nearly as fun as MW2.

Still, you know what they say about opinions...

Radec said:
[MG]http://i.imgur.com/34AQ8.jpg[/IMG]

really hard to maintain my k/d ratio now that Assassin is widespread lol.

yeah that's the only important thing, maintaining that k/d ratio. Gotta show those ten year old kids who's boss.

aku:jiki

weekend_warrior said:
yeah that's the only important thing, maintaining that k/d ratio. Gotta show those ten year old kids who's boss.
Yeah, that's totally what he said. Don't be an ass for no reason, ass.

unomas

Banned
Just finished single player Veteran, not nearly as hard as past games, but there were some parts that were slightly tedious. Ending was pretty meh, but the single player overall was pretty fun and worth the time. Took about 9 hours for my Veteran run. Time to see what all the bitching and moaning is about in multi!

unomas said:
Just finished single player Veteran, not nearly as hard as past games, but there were some parts that were slightly tedious. Ending was pretty meh, but the single player overall was pretty fun and worth the time. Took about 9 hours for my Veteran run.
MW2 was laughably easy on Veteran. How does MW3 on Veteran compare?

moai

i hope you guys have lag free games, because one of the solutions implemented for this is that it's impossible for non us gamers to play with you. they locked us to play only by region. this would be fine in theory but it's impossible to play many modes because there are no people playing them in my country. right now i'm stucked at the matchmaking screen on the searching loop. only modes where i can find people are team deatmatch and kill confirmed.
guess i'm back to bf3 where at least i can play with people around the globe, which is kind of the point at least for me. i'm selling mw3, not because it's a bad game, but because infinity ward screwed people from small regions. local forums are raging with people because of this.

/rant

Unacceptable lag.

Borderline unplayable.

When the visuals on-screen are literally LYING to you, you cannot hope to succeed.

I am TIRED of pouring ammo into a guy for a full 2 seconds, only for him to turn around and shoot me with one burst... then look at the camera, and according to him, he turned around before I even got a shot off.

With 4 bars and a 100/10 connection.

The people responsible for the netcode in this game should be forced to suck on the prolapsed anus of an 80 year old obese woman after a steam-bath.

Man I am struggling to put up a decent K/D in this game. Now I've never been great, I average about a 1.5 K/D across the series, but damn....

I think I'm at like a .58 or something shit like that, I just seem to make the wrong moves at the wrong time....but I digress....

I like it, overall my personal list in the series goes (modern console series only)

WaW > CoD4> MW3 > MW2 > Blops

aku:jiki

moai said:
i hope you guys have lag free games, because one of the solutions implemented for this is that it's impossible for non us gamers to play with you. they locked us to play only by region. this would be fine in theory but it's impossible to play many modes because there are no people playing them in my country. right now i'm stucked at the matchmaking screen on the searching loop. only modes where i can find people are team deatmatch and kill confirmed.
guess i'm back to bf3 where at least i can play with people around the globe, which is kind of the point at least for me. i'm selling mw3, not because it's a bad game, but because infinity ward screwed people from small regions. local forums are raging with people because of this.

/rant
It's pissing me and my team off too. We keep being matched up with the same camping asshats over and over and over. I guess we get the "best" ping (questionable though) against them, but it's getting really tiresome. Even if they didn't play dirty, it takes away from the fun randomness of online gaming...

I want MW2's netcode, all of it, back so bad! :(

Just had a three hour session. Loving it.

I like pretty much every change. My only complaint would be a few of the maps suck, but there's a lot of great ones in there so nevermind. That London Underground one is my favourite so far, I think.

I'm definitely going to play the fuck out of this game.

FallingEdge said:
I really liked Blops and I really like MW3. I do wish they bring back diving and custom emblems though.
i fuckin loved those. the only reason why i looked at other peoples player cards..... now i don't care again lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Antitype said:
Unacceptable lag.

Borderline unplayable.

When the visuals on-screen are literally LYING to you, you cannot hope to succeed.

I am TIRED of pouring ammo into a guy for a full 2 seconds, only for him to turn around and shoot me with one burst... then look at the camera, and according to him, he turned around before I even got a shot off.

The people responsible for the netcode in this game should be forced to suck on the prolapsed anus of an 80 year old obese woman after a steam-bath.
Ha, didn't you post something last night about how you were done with this game? I knew you'd be back (almost everyone comes back), just not so soon!

Just quit man, it'll be good for your sanity.

Jb

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
i fuckin loved those. the only reason why i looked at other peoples player cards..... now i don't care again lol
Hated them. Now I just need to mute everyone and can forget that I'm playing with 10 year olds/douches with moronic emblems.

Radec

Man you guys should try support pack with just UAV and C-UAV on. With hardline perk. Go nuts with a P90 or something. Its really fun.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
BlueScrote said:
It's funny you mention that, it's the exact opposite of that for me. I can get into a zen mood with Gears and Halo, but CoD makes me rage like nothing else.

A lot of people say that. I think it's the fact that military anything to me is familiar and relaxing. I love war movies/series, and I love military games. It's almost all I do when I'm relaxing, which is a bit odd to some people, but apparently ex military either find solace in military genre, or completely shun it.

The Antitype said:
Unacceptable lag.

Borderline unplayable.

PS3 or 360?

jlevel13

CommonSense said:
Man I am struggling to put up a decent K/D in this game. Now I've never been great, I average about a 1.5 K/D across the series, but damn....

I think I'm at like a .58 or something shit like that, I just seem to make the wrong moves at the wrong time....but I digress....

I feel like the leveling up system is much more punishing this time around. Used to be that in most cases a low rank could basically be competitive with a higher ranked opponent, that you just had different options unlocked, but now low ranks are at an increased disadvantage, having to level up weapons / aim / perks / armor etc... The action also seems a bit quicker, slightly less strategy & slightly more twitch. Just takes a while longer to level up and get used to the changes probably?

The Antitype said:
Unacceptable lag.

I still don't understand how after 5 sequels we still haven't got accurate killcams, lol.

jlevel13 said:
I feel like the leveling up system is much more punishing this time around. Used to be that in most cases a low rank could basically be competitive with a higher ranked opponent, that you just had different options unlocked, but now low ranks are at an increased disadvantage, having to level up weapons / aim / perks / armor etc... The action also seems a bit quicker, slightly less strategy & slightly more twitch. Just takes a while longer to level up and get used to the changes probably?

Possibly. It also probably doesn't help that I alternate between this and BF3. It's just...entirely different. I probably should focus on this for a little while and unlock better stuff.

Greyvvolf

Quick question guys, how do I make a clan? I've been trying to find an answer but can't find any information. Sorry if it's been answered already.

With regards to the maps, I do prefer Black Ops more but I find these ones in MW3 fascinating to say the least.

They're maze-like, and condensed, which really pushes the conflict and action along.

Once you adapt your play style to the cramped nature, you can get accustomed to the pace, but racking up killstreaks has been a lot harder than it was in BO.

NYR

Anyone else getting errors trying to play?

"Communication with the xbox live servers has been interrupted"

Jrmint

Trap Packages are seriously the greatest thing they ever added to this series.

I cannot believe how often people fall for these things. I just never open care packages that aren't mine so they don't tempt me at all.

None of the CoD games have ever come close to being as good as COD4. I was mainlining that shit for like 11 months straight before Halo 3 got its hooks back into me through a friend.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
upJTboogie said:
I still don't understand how after 5 sequels we still haven't got accurate killcams, lol.

Or decent netcode. Lag has got a lot worse after that patch and i heard people on their mic's saying the same.

Getting a little more used to the maps, but I still feel like they basically encourage you to camp or stay hold up in buildings.

If you are out in the open, you have to keep moving, running and gunning, which isn't how I like to play. If I try to be slower or tactical, I will get killed from behind every time.

WingM@n

I'm with the guys that say that BlackOPs had better maps.
Some MW3 maps are okay I guess, and maybe after more plays I will change my mind, but for now I am disappointed with most of the maps.

Also whats up with the hit detection ? Sometimes I just know I hit the oponent with enough bullets to kill them, but instead I die with one or two bullets shot at me, AFTER I shot them.
My internet connection is fine btw/

Jrmint

snack said:
Pavelow is so much better in MW3. It rapes anything and everything!
Lol yea I tried shooting it down once with the starting launcher and got killed 3 times in a row in the process. Stayed inside ever since :).

Top Bottom