• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

samus4ever said:
Glad I didn't waste 50 dollar signing up for Elite at this juncture. Site works fine on my PS3 but on my PC nothing. Keeps promising double XP but I click on the link only to a dead page. I was in the beta too. I'm surprised they still haven't fixed it.

Out of interest, has anyone got the double exp for using Elite? I have managed to login through console and PC, but nada. :S

Is there some kind of notification in game somewhere when you have double exp?

Jrmint

ilnadmy said:
I was ever so slightly disappointed at the final "boss fight" though. I thought MW2 did it better. Flinging a knife into Shepherd's eye was just so much cathartic than what happened here with Makarov.
I agree that part was better at the end of MW2, though I still say the end of CoD4 did it best, pushing that gun across the bridge and killing him that way was so cool.

Honestly though that whole entire final level of this game was so epic that it made up for not having very much control at the very end.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Jrmint said:
I agree that part was better at the end of MW2, though I still say the end of CoD4 did it best, pushing that gun across the bridge and killing him that way was so cool.

Honestly though that whole entire final level of this game was so epic that it made up for not having very much control at the very end.

Haha so true.
That beginning part where you're just waltzing into the hotel in juggernaut armor faceraping everything in front of you was just so baller. All I could think was, this is like No Russian in reverse.

And yeah did that Elite clan ever get formed? I'll like to join in as well.

Mayyhem

Why is my avg score 35,000 and my avg kills 500? Clearly a glitch but its annoying, I don't want people to think I'm cheating or something.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Man, I'm beasting today. Just EMP grenaded a bouncing betty that ended up killing two of the opposing team. Feels good man.

Also, I can't believe people are saying they can't hear the enemy coming up on them. Are you using headphones? I can hear them clear as day and I don't even have sitrep pro yet.

knitoe

Alienshogun said:
Man, I'm beasting today. Just EMP grenaded a bouncing betty that ended up killing two of the opposing team. Feels good man.

Also, I can't believe people are saying they can't hear the enemy coming up on them. Are you using headphones? I can hear them clear as day and I don't even have sitrep pro yet.
I have a Turtle X31 headset and it is much harder to hear people than MW2. MW3 sitrep pro seems to be about equal to normally MW2.

soultron

Banned
Y2Kev said:
So I'm surprised that this game isn't getting the RE5 treatment.
We already touched upon that briefly, much earlier in the thread.

Please tell me it's more of the "militia riding on technicals with rap music" stereotype of Sierra Leone that's getting on your nerves moreso than shooting hundreds of black men.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
soultron said:
We already touched upon that briefly, much earlier in the thread.

Please tell me it's more of the "militia riding on technicals with rap music" stereotype of Sierra Leone that's getting on your nerves moreso than shooting hundreds of black men.
I haven't really thought about it seriously at all. I'm just surprised I haven't seen a lot more about it.

Lags and delays are really bad right now. I can unload a clip into a guy and not kill him. Really hope this gets better because it's ruining the game.

soultron

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I haven't really thought about it seriously at all. I'm just surprised I haven't seen a lot more about it.
Art imitates life?

I'm joking.

Being serious (and very reductionist), unlike RE5, the people portrayed as militia willingly made the choice to do business with Makarov, right? They're also not portrayed as rabid animals (and, in parts, dressed like Zulu warriors) like in RE5.

I'd say no harm, no foul. I haven't finished the campaign yet, but I can't see it being much worse than the thousands of white and/or Russian ultra nationalists you mercilessly gun down over the course of the MW trilogy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mechazawa said:
I don't remember too many people caring about it in Far Cry 2 either.
Haha, nothing in that game made any sense. Like why are the two rival factions like two feet from each other in the main town, lol.

soultron said:
Art imitates life?

I'm joking.

Being serious (and very reductionist), unlike RE5, the people portrayed as militia willingly made the choice to do business with Makarov, right? They're also not portrayed as rabid animals (and, in parts, dressed like Zulu warriors) like in RE5.

I'd say no harm, no foul. I haven't finished the campaign yet, but I can't see it being much worse than the thousands of white and/or Russian ultra nationalists you mercilessly gun down over the course of the MW trilogy.

I just hope no one takes the offensively braindead AI as some comment on Somalian (and white Russian ultranationalist!) intelligence!

knitoe

Ninja Scooter said:
Lags and delays are really bad right now. I can unload a clip into a guy and not kill him. Really hope this gets better because it's ruining the game.
PS3?

Played 4 days, up to lvl 65 and haven't notice any issue on X360. At least, nothing remotely like Black Ops.

knitoe said:
PS3?

Played 4 days, up to lvl 65 and haven't notice any issue on X360. At least, nothing remotely like Black Ops.
Yeah, I'm gonna order a long ass ethernet cable and go wired I've heard that helps, but at the same time I never saw it this bad wih Black Ops.

soultron

Banned
Hoya Destroyer said:
Supressor attachments are sooooo powerful due to the small map and low health issues.
They're such pussy attachments. I really hate them :(
pftftftftftftftftftftftftftftftftftftftftftftftftftftft
+100

knitoe

Ninja Scooter said:
Yeah, I'm gonna order a long ass ethernet cable and go wired I've heard that helps, but at the same time I never saw it this bad wih Black Ops.
I play wireless, run and gun TDM by myself and still have ~1.75 Kill/ratio. Not sure how to tell who's the host in MW3, but I am frequently the host in MW2. So, unless your wireless is shit, I don't think it makes that much of a difference. Most of lag complaints seems to come from PS3 users.

unomas

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
MW2 was laughably easy on Veteran. How does MW3 on Veteran compare?

It's even easier, WAW was probably the toughest on Veteran for me. I did enjoy the campaign though, unfortunately I can't say the same thing about multi. I'm a level 17 and just not enjoying it at all.

Jrmint

Y2Kev said:
It's one level... really not a big deal at all.

Something like Blood Diamond where the entire movie is one big stereotype doesn't get the drama, but one level, lasting no more than 20 minutes does.

Silliness.

Mik2121

Y2Kev said:
So I'm surprised that this game isn't getting the RE5 treatment.
I think it could have something to do with most of the people shitting on the game not actually having played the game.

Also, RE5 was all the time located there, killing Africans, but in MW3 it's only one mission. You also kill tons of Russians in the rest of the missions and in RE4 you kill tons of Spaniards (I'm from Spain too and I couldn't care less, I loved the game either way). The people going crazy because you're killing black people are just looking for stupid drama, anyway.

soultron

Banned
unomas said:
It's even easier, WAW was probably the toughest on Veteran for me. I did enjoy the campaign though, unfortunately I can't say the same thing about multi. I'm a level 17 and just not enjoying it at all.
WAW was ridiculous. Corkscrew was the absolute worst. So many restarts. The PTSD is kicking in just thinking abo--OH GOD I'M THERE AGAIN!

unomas said:

WAW wasn't hard it was just stupid...

kneePat

Legato.Reborn- said:
soooo, fuck this shit -- i'm out

(highest settings for everything, i have no idea what's wrong)

You should read the thread as the issue has been addressed, bud. Set the game to Native, as it will just upscale 720p to your monitor on every other setting.

CoD-MW3-English-Video-Options.jpg

Massa

Sorry if it's been covered before but now that it's out I'm curious to know: how accurate was that Kotaku leak that supposedly spoiled the whole game?

(I haven't played the game yet).

kneePat

Legato.Reborn- said:
That's the problem D:

I have done this!

Strange, have you tried restarting the game. I don't own the PC version so I can't help that much, but I can guess from the image you posted that you have a 1080p monitor, and it definitely looks like the upscaling problem that people have already noted on this thread and at this link.

Nori Chan

ilnadmy said:
Haha so true.
That beginning part where you're just waltzing into the hotel in juggernaut armor faceraping everything in front of you was just so baller. All I could think was, this is like No Russian in reverse.

And yeah did that Elite clan ever get formed? I'll like to join in as well.
Yeah that part was just amazing
Soap dying got to me man. It was just so hard to take. And the whole Delta Force dying didn't make it any better either.

I only heard SGT Wallcroft once doe :(

kneePat said:
Strange, have you tried restarting the game. I don't own the PC version so I can't help that much, but I can guess from the image you posted that you have a 1080p monitor, and it definitely looks like the upscaling problem that people have already noted on this thread and at this link.

I was fiddling around with things and it turned out to be ATI Tray Tools -- just a hint to other people.

Chiggs

Gold Member
TacticalFox88 said:
I still wonder...
What was China's role in all this?

They have no role, because they're the very definition of a paper tiger, with an aging population and massive poverty.

Hey, China, Infinity Ward called you on your bullshit.

So I think I'm just going to say fuck it and play black ops until they fix the shotguns in this game. Even the USAS isn't doing decently nowadays.

Top Bottom