• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Mik2121

rCIZZLE said:
Alright, I still get Error 500 constantly when trying to log into the elite website so I'm going to try and join the gaf group through the elite app. I searched "neogaf" and found one with 8 members, is this the one that's the generally accepted gaf one?
Enter and see which members are in. If you see stevescott, DarkFlow, thehakku, Mik2121 etc... that should be it. Though AlienShogun apparently also created a group..

Maybe the groups are different for 360 and PS3 users?

I'm PS3 here...

Mully

samus4ever said:
So close to my first golden gun. 50,000 more xp to go. They make you work for that last level.

Did you use your double weapon XP? It makes leveling up a weapon really quick.

Mik2121

samus4ever said:
So close to my first golden gun. 50,000 more xp to go. They make you work for that last level.
Yup. I finally unlocked the golden camouflage for the G36C, but I think golden weapons look tacky, so I don't use it :p

demolitio said:
And another COD game where hackers roam free and we can't do shit about it. This is exactly the reason why dedicated servers have been wanted so admins can actually police servers. That and the fact that even though thousands are playing the same playlist, the game always decides to put you in a room with a host on the other side of the world. The one game actually had us laughing as we all said where we were from and it ranged from the U.S. to Germany, Japan, a few South American countries, etc. I guess they wanted the MP to feel like WWIII as well with every nation participating...lol

Interesting. My main frustration is that I'm based in Finland and after 26 hours of MW3 multiplayer, every fucking game I play is against other Finns. Sure, that's great for eliminating lag, but I want to play globally and there is no option for that. In Black Ops, you could choose the region, but not in MW3. This sucks because Finns are really good at the game and I get my ass kicked all the time :)

Mik2121 said:
Yup. I finally unlocked the golden camouflage for the G36C, but I think golden weapons look tacky, so I don't use it :p
Agreed, except I really wanna get Gold camo for my MSR. Whenever I do that will be when I end up not prestiging.

CartridgeBlower said:
Can't believe they don't have objective stats on the screen in OBJECTIVE GAME MODES.

Totally gives the haters another excuse to run wild on those game modes and just concentrate on K/D.

The fucking objective modes in this game are even more unplayable than MW2, and just when they were starting to get better in BLOPS, too.

If you mean the scoreboard not listing anything else than K/D, I'm with you!!! I loved that BlOps listed Captures in Domination, so you could at least see how played "correctly" and who just concentrated on K/D.

The Antitype said:
So far the most fun I've had with the multiplayer is putting [HALO] or [BF3] as my clan tag and hearing the brahs get all uppity about it.
Seriously? Have you tried Team Defender with an actual team of your friends or fellow GAFfers? It simply can not be beat, most fun I've had with any game in ages.

Syph Medwes said:
Seriously? Have you tried Team Defender with an actual team of your friends or fellow GAFfers? It simply can not be beat, most fun I've had with any game in ages.

It's very difficult to have fun in ANY mode when the amount of bullets necessary to kill somebody varies moment-to-moment.

The game is just one big chaotic cluster-fuck.

Basically, I just quit out of a match as soon as a single bullshit kill rears its head.

Whether it's me emptying round after round of an M4 into a guy and him killing with with a single-shot at range with an MP5.

Or a kill-cam that shows I supposedly didn't even get a shot off.

Quit. Done.

Try again later.

This usually means I quit a match at my first death, but I'm cool with that.

rCIZZLE

Never rely on kill cam for accurate info. Afaik it's like half life tv in that it doesn't record what the user saw but rather what the game registered. (this is a horrible explanation i know)

Mik2121 said:
Enter and see which members are in. If you see stevescott, DarkFlow, thehakku, Mik2121 etc... that should be it. Though AlienShogun apparently also created a group..

Maybe the groups are different for 360 and PS3 users?

I'm PS3 here...

Oops forgot to mention platform. I'm ps3 as well and it looks like I joined the right group. Do you guys generally play at any specific times?

Mik2121

This is how the clan page looks, btw:

IcAUK.png

kuYuri

KaYotiX said:
ok, so what is the point of the founder card you get in the Hardened edition?

If you already used the premium code, nothing. It's just a backup in case people don't register Founder status until after Christmas for example.

KaYotiX

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
If you already used the premium code, nothing. It's just a backup in case people don't register Founder status until after Christmas for example.

so basically i could just put em up on ebay huh??

Madtown_

Jack Scofield said:
That part was neat to see, but it completely conflicted with how the event played out in COD4.
In that game, Zakhaev collapsed into a pool of blood after being shot, which is why Price believes him to have been killed. In MW3, though, Zakhaev immediately jumps into a waiting car, seemingly none the wiser to having lost an entire arm.
I guess my memory just fails me. One of these days I'll have to go back and re-play it again.
I guess they were just trying to fit Makarov and Yuri into the biggest moments of the series and that's what they could come up with. Not bad..

kuYuri

Looks like Elite may finally go up starting today. Website hasn't crashed on me yet.

EDIT: Also got my Founder stuff in-game, including Winter camo.

KaYotiX said:
so basically i could just put em up on ebay huh??

I suppose so.

Chittagong

Gold Member
So how does this clan thing work? Will only matches played as a clan contribute to clan XP, or all my games? I'd love to join but don't want to drag the clan down as I am not as seasoned as many here.

Mik2121

Strider2K99 said:
Looks like Elite may finally go up starting today. Website hasn't crashed on me yet.
Yep, Elite is working fine for me too.

Though I'm still not able to link Elite with my Youtube account, oh well... :/

aristotle

Chittagong said:
So how does this clan thing work? Will only matches played as a clan contribute to clan XP, or all my games? I'd love to join but don't want to drag the clan down as I am not as seasoned as many here.

We don't care as long as you have fun and go for the objectives. No one cares about KDR since it doesn't really say how good of a team player you are.

Check the community thread to get involved :)

Chittagong

Gold Member
aristotle said:
We don't care as long as you have fun and go for the objectives. No one cares about KDR since it doesn't really say how good of a team player you are.

Yeah I'm pretty good in objectives, seem to usually be in the top half in completing them. Guess I'll give it a go then when Elite starts to work!

RiotPelaaja said:
Interesting. My main frustration is that I'm based in Finland and after 26 hours of MW3 multiplayer, every fucking game I play is against other Finns. Sure, that's great for eliminating lag, but I want to play globally and there is no option for that. In Black Ops, you could choose the region, but not in MW3. This sucks because Finns are really good at the game and I get my ass kicked all the time :)

Yeah, same thing here. I'm always playing in a lobby full of Finns (on 360). Me and my friend must be the only Finns playing Team Tactical though cos we've been having really hard time finding those matches. I don't know how is it possible that there are no games at all if there are over 7000 players on the playlist. Yesterday it took us almost 20 mins to find a game and it never took us that long in MW2.

SmokeMaxX

Mik2121 said:
The bolded can't be possible!. Some people here says the walking sound isn't loud enough. They can't even hear their own steps! Surely someone here is exaggerating.

Same goes for "omg this weapon is overpowered", followed by another guy saying another weapon is. Seriously, talk about exaggerating because you got killed by someone with that weapon, LOL!

Anyway, can't wait for next month when most of the people that come here to cry just leave and let us talk about something other than "omg spawns" and "omg whatever" :/
Eh, I don't know how it was in MW2 because I really didn't play that game much, but I played CoD4 competitively and played a ton of WaW as well. I think I got to like 5th Prestige in MW2 (not positive because I hated the game) and got tired of Black Ops fast (even though I actually liked it). That being said, it's entirely 100% possible. I have the cheapest Turtle Beaches on the market (the X11s; they don't even have surround sound) and I can hear somebody crouch walking next to me clear as day ESPECIALLY in Search and Destroy where there's not a whole bunch of other sounds interfering.

If you can't even hear your own steps, then something's up with your sound because footsteps are LOUD in this game. I mean they're not deafening, but if you know to listen for them, you'll hear them 100% of the time.

Also, the only weapon that's "overpowered" in this game is the Type 95 and it's not even super amazing. It just is better than the other games. It's like Top Tier vs. ST Akuma Tier. Not unbeatable but a gun that will almost definitely boost your K:D ratio and is very noob friendly. Although they should seriously nerf quick scoping. If you hip fire and they're covering 80% of the screen, I can see you lucking out a kill every once in a while. If you zoom out but not enough where you can actually see the person before firing, you should only have a 5-10% of hitting the person. It's pretty bullshit how barely aiming (and relying on aim assist) gets a kill pretty much 50% of the time. It's not game-breaking, but definitely annoying.

Oh and in regards to the spawns- they should definitely be fixed. It's rage-worthy getting killed by someone who literally spawns right behind you (and I think every single person here who's played the game more than a few hours has experienced that). What's even worse is that I now exploit the garbage spawn system. I'll leave a domination point for the other team and just camp their spawn. Yeah it was possible in the other CoDs, but this one makes it far too easy to rack up 5, 10, 15 kill streaks just by aiming at the same spot. For just about every map I can pretty easily spawn camp and even though it's increasing my K:D, I'd rather not be able to do it. The only thing stopping me from moving is knowing that I'll get shot in the back if I do.

Mik2121 said:
This is how the clan page looks, btw:

Did you create the clan through the website or the console app? Whenever I try to create a clan on the website it gives me that Clan XP bonus message, I click OK, then it says "Please enter a clan name." I then try to re-enter and click the button again and it seems like nothing else happens.

For the people who can access the elite website are you premium members? I can't access the website or elite via my console. Keeps giving me a throttled message on both.

Mik2121

samus4ever said:
For the people who can access the elite website are you premium members? I can't access the website or elite via my console. Keeps giving me a throttled message on both.
I´m not a subscriber but I can see it :/

Chittagong

Gold Member
Rabbitweed said:
Yeah, same thing here. I'm always playing in a lobby full of Finns (on 360). Me and my friend must be the only Finns playing Team Tactical though cos we've been having really hard time finding those matches. I don't know how is it possible that there are no games at all if there are over 7000 players on the playlist. Yesterday it took us almost 20 mins to find a game and it never took us that long in MW2.

Living in UK I'm fortunately not often matched with Finns, but the few I have met so far are ridiculously good. The Finnish playstyle always seems very methodical. Not aggressive but very efficient.

Raide

Poor Elpres, watching one of his latest videos and the early CoD joy he had has been overtaken by campers killing him over and over. Is the honeymoon already over for him?

Mik2121

The Antitype said:
Have we confirmed whether or not getting hash-marks when your shooting means dick all or not?
It means you hit the enemy.

Seriously, we all already know that you're having trouble with the game and the connection, but you keep repeating the same stuff every few posts.

Mik2121 said:

Seriously, we all already know that you're having trouble with the game and the connection, but you keep repeating the same stuff every few posts.

The connection is fine.

I'm try to understand why people are able to kill quickly, when at 4 bars with an amazing connection, I can empty clips into people for hours.

And I'll vent frustration where-ever the fuck I please, thanks. :)

How do you ignore people, btw?

Everdred

Mik2121 said:

After that post about quitting, I'm done reading his posts.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Mik2121 said:

And you keep responding to him. If his posts annoy you so much just block him.

Top Bottom