• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

SmokeMaxX

Xux said:
The hilarious thing is that's how it is. The killcam lies to you; you can't quickscope until the frame you can see through the scope. Despite the animation of the hip fire crosshairs shrinking, you're still at max hip spread until the gun completes it's ADS animation and is done zooming in.
Are you sure it's that way in MW3? Because I know that's how it is in Black Ops, but Treyarch made a conscious decision to remove quickscoping.

Victrix

*beard*
I don't understand why this keeps coming up. Where is this rash of uber-snipers who kill everyone with instant hipfire shots at any range?

I'm sure as fuck not running into them (though I kill a lot of them)

Has anyone noticed the people who crawl up and inside the truck on the snow map? I don't think it's hacking, more that they found a space to fall through the roof of the truck.
Such a pain in the ass to kill them as my grenades don't seem to penetrate through while they have full visibility while being invisible to everyone else.

Xux

SmokeMaxX said:
Are you sure it's that way in MW3? Because I know that's how it is in Black Ops, but Treyarch made a conscious decision to remove quickscoping.
Well, no, that's how it was in COD4, WAW, and MW2,though, from what I read about it from DenKirson; he made a post about it on his forums a long time ago that people on there bring up every once in awhile but the post itself seems to have been deleted in a forum switch or archive wipe or something. Treyarch tweaked it so that you're still hipfiring a certain amount of time past the frame you see through scope and the "buffs" they've done were to bring it back closer to the COD4/WAW timing.

I really hope they patch in "Invite to game" when somebody is "offline" instead of just saying "USER IS OFFLINE."

Sometimes my buddies want to play invisible so we dont get tons of invites. XBL btw.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
soxinthebox said:
Has anyone noticed the people who crawl up and inside the truck on the snow map? I don't think it's hacking, more that they found a space to fall through the roof of the truck.
Such a pain in the ass to kill them as my grenades don't seem to penetrate through while they have full visibility while being invisible to everyone else.

Someone was doing that this evening during matches, it got damn annoying because you simply can't see that they are even hiding in there until they kill you, and from the kill cam at first everyone seemed to think he was simply on top of the truck or shooting through a gap.

As far as I know a number of people reported the guy/gal who was doing it, hopefully they fix it because I quite like Outpost compared to the rest of the maps.

Stantron

soxinthebox said:
I caught this guy map glitching the other day. I think it's the same map.
I was gonna keep it private, but fuck it, the more it's exposed the faster it will hopefully get patched.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R-LsvCL_ZQ

kuYuri

soxinthebox said:
Is there any precedence for patching things like this? (Haven't closely followed COD patches in the past)

Yes, although Black Ops usually does hotfixes where they push playlist updates that fixes it rather than making a full patch. That's why Black Ops is relatively glitch/hacker free after a few days a glitch is discovered.

Yea I had someone hiding in the truck on the snow level the other night, was so confusing, then one time I saw him climbing onto it.

Whole team would be trying to kill him but nothing was there, then suddenly he would kill us. Such a scum exploit.

:|

rCIZZLE

Alienshogun said:
Hopefully he gets banned. I wanna see IW using theater mode like bungie does with their theater mode.

That would be nice if we could create "hacker" movies to get people banned quicker.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
rCIZZLE said:
That would be nice if we could create "hacker" movies to get people banned quicker.

What do you mean? I just tweeted robert bowling, Dam Amarich and the COD twitter with the video.

If they are serious about the game they should do something about it.

rCIZZLE

Alienshogun said:
What do you mean? I just tweeted robert bowling, Dam Amarich and the COD twitter with the video.

If they are serious about the game they should do something about it.

I still haven't messed around in CODs theater mode so I'm not entirely sure how it works. Does it record only from your perspective or does it allow you to view through others? Cuz if it's the latter I imagine you could just upload videos of hackers and do what you did - try to get them banned with it.

Victrix said:
I don't understand why this keeps coming up. Where is this rash of uber-snipers who kill everyone with instant hipfire shots at any range?

There are like 2 million people playing this game on at any one point. When the user bases settles down a little, you will cry for mercy when you encounter them.

MW1 is unplayable because of them (and of course the rampant hacking).

rCIZZLE

See You Next Wednesday said:
There are like 2 million people playing this game on at any one point. When the user bases settles down a little, you will cry for mercy when you encounter them.

The user bases never settle down in COD games. I played MW1 from release for a couple years on the 360 and didn't run into a significant amount of godly noscopers... or even hackers for that matter.

Victrix

*beard*
See You Next Wednesday said:

I played MW1 and MW2 before MW3 came out for a week, never ran into any sniping quickscoping monsters. Did run into hackers in MW1 though!

Youtube montages are like the monsters under the bed for the MW userbase, it's a war of the worlds broadcast for the internet.

FStop7

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Hopefully he gets banned. I wanna see IW using theater mode like bungie does with their theater mode.

I gotta ask... why should it be bannable if it's a flaw in the map?

To me if it's in the game then it's acceptable to use it to your advantage.

As long as you're making use of loopholes within the game itself and not modifying things via a hacked 360, then it's fair game to me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
FStop7 said:

As long as you're making use of loopholes within the game itself and not modifying things via a hacked 360, then it's fair game to me.

Because he's exploiting a glitch to grief the community. That's why.

And it IS bannable.

rCIZZLE said:
I still haven't messed around in CODs theater mode so I'm not entirely sure how it works. Does it record only from your perspective or does it allow you to view through others? Cuz if it's the latter I imagine you could just upload videos of hackers and do what you did - try to get them banned with it.

DId you watch the video?

That would have answered your question.

Yes you can flip to other people.

FStop7

Banned
Victrix said:
Javelin glitch apologist detected

I don't even know what the javelin glitch is.

Alienshogun said:
Because he's exploiting a glitch to grief the community. That's why.

And it IS bannable.

DId you watch the video?

What I saw in the video was that a dude found a place where you could worm your way under the map because of a flaw in the map's design.

Why is that bannable? It's IW's error, they should fix it rather than punish people for making use of it. I'd be annoyed if someone were doing that to me in a game, but I would be more annoyed with IW.

rCIZZLE

FStop7 said:

I think if someone is glitching their way out of a map to get cheap kills they know it's wrong. If you accidentally do it once and kill a few people then fine but if you repeat the same glitch every time you're on that map you deserve to be banned.

Alienshogun said:
DId you watch the video?

Having flash problems on this computer so I didn't but thanks for answering the question after.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Victrix said:

I was thinking like you until yesterday and I've played COD4, MW2, and BLOPS and never really had a problem with Quickscopers. This guy was playing like the game was in easy mode. It was just like in the videos, but I had never seen it in game.

I believe it's a problem and they need to fix it. The fact that I was able to pick up a sniper rifle and get the hang of it rather quickly tells me it's an issue.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Downturn is such a clusterfuck of a map. Luckily it seems to come up only rarely for me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
FStop7 said:
I don't even know what the javelin glitch is.

What I saw in the video was that a dude found a place where you could worm your way under the map because of a flaw in the map's design.

Why is that bannable? It's IW's error, they should fix it rather than punish people for making use of it.

I answered your question.

Because he's exploiting the game to grief the community.

Please don't be dense.

Lima

How do you accidentally glitch out of the map? You have to dry hump this fucking wall for a couple seconds to get out of the map. There is NO way this happens by accident.

Also FStop7 I have no words for you. If your post is serious, wow just wow.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
FStop7 said:
Is spawn camping bannable?

I'm not even going to bother continuing with you. If you can't see the difference between the two issues you're either trolling, or not intelligent enough to carry on a conversation with.

Gianny

Something I noticed these last few days is that some of my friends are playing very little of the game now. I have also played max 3 games per day last 3 days and I stopped. All of us got Elite. We have gone back to play Fifa...all of us were max prestige on Blops and MW2.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
I am now addicted to Team Defender. Love the complete chaos and how quickly things can change during a match.

Just unlocked the PP09(I think) and it's my new favorite subby.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just went 26-3 with the ACR. Damn, this gun is beast mode! I used my Predator right after I spawned and got a double kill, but weirdly enough that didn't count towards my killstreak. I had to kill 5 people in a row to get another Predator. Also finally figured out how to properly aim with the Reaper - hit the left trigger to zoom in and fine tune your aim. Gonna play around with this class some more and see how I like it, since I've been getting mixed results so far.

DMeisterJ

Banned
ilnadmy said:
Just went 26-3 with the ACR. Damn, this gun is beast mode! I used my Predator right after I spawned and got a double kill, but weirdly enough that didn't count towards my killstreak. I had to kill 5 people in a row to get another Predator. Also finally figured out how to properly aim with the Reaper - hit the left trigger to zoom in and fine tune your aim. Gonna play around with this class some more and see how I like it, since I've been getting mixed results so far.

Using your Killstreaks after death don't stack toward killstreaks.

ilnadmy said:
I thought you said you traded your copy in? Or am I thinking about someone else?
Wizman23 said:
What's with all the Xbox button prompts showing on peoples names? Is it a glitch, a hack, or actually supposed to be there?
People figured out how to put that in their clan tags via the Elite website.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
AnEternalEnigma said:
I thought you said you traded your copy in? Or am I thinking about someone else?

Nah. I re-ordered Black Ops, which I had previously sold, but I'm keeping MW3 since I have Elite. I do foresee myself playing a lot of Black Ops though.

Frostburn

DibHP.png

This was the result of going into a matchmaking game with two friends, each of us killed someone and noticed a huge negative number flag up on our screen. We exited the game and noticed we were all sitting at level 1. Not only this but when we try to go into a new match as soon as we get XP it boots us with some "Connection error" issue. I've spent over 3 hours dealing with Activision and it has been over 72 hours and they have yet to even attempt to fix the issue.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm enjoying this game so far, which is an improvement since I really disliked Black Ops' multiplayer.

It's probably just because I suck at aiming, but I really don't mind the quicker/fewer bullets to kill in this game (up close at least).

Started off horrible too, but I've managed to mend my K/D and W/L both to 1.0 (exactly). Also sticking with the MP5 so far, feels nice. Fairly quick kills up close, but slightly difficult to manage on full auto with my high sensitivity (which I don't normally play at).

I asked this a week or so ago after the game came out, but I'll ask again now that it's been a few days. How are you guys liking the game so far?

Tomat said:
I'm enjoying this game so far, which is an improvement since I really disliked Black Ops' multiplayer.

It's probably just because I suck at aiming, but I really don't mind the quicker/fewer bullets to kill in this game (up close at least).

Started off horrible too, but I've managed to mend my K/D and W/L both to 1.0 (exactly). Also sticking with the MP5 so far, feels nice. Fairly quick kills up close, but slightly difficult to manage on full auto with my high sensitivity (which I don't normally play at).

I asked this a week or so ago after the game came out, but I'll ask again now that it's been a few days. How are you guys liking the game so far?

you're gonna love the ump and pp90 then, heh

also, if sandy ravage is complaining about latency, then there really is a problem lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2DyJejxuBA

granted he's drunk giving the commentary, but he is backing what everyone is saying; this game is heavily connection dependent and any lag leaves you severely handicapped. It's the high damage and easy to kill guns that are the issue imo.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
computers putin' said:
you're gonna love the ump and pp90 then, heh
I've heard the PP90 is a little OP, so I'll probably avoid it. No clue about the UMP though.

Xux

sleepykyo said:
Does that mean that the predator missile counts toward the heli?

edit: I'm an idiot. Time to give assault another look.
Yup, if you don't die before you call it in, a double with your Predator will get you the Attack Helicopter.

So has there been any talk about stacking kill streaks yet? I haven't had a chance to play or keep up with MW3 news but just thinking about care packages not stacking bothers me. I don't like to throw them right away if I'm in a bad spot but I hate earning new care packages if they just replace my old one.

Top Bottom