• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

rCIZZLE

VGChampion said:
So has there been any talk about stacking kill streaks yet? I haven't had a chance to play or keep up with MW3 news but just thinking about care packages not stacking bothers me. I don't like to throw them right away if I'm in a bad spot but I hate earning new care packages if they just replace my old one.

edit (thought you were asking something else): I think the answer is no. Someone asked earlier the same question and they said you can't have 2 care packages.

Magik

What the hell is up with this game when it comes to collision detection? All night, any time I would come close to another player, my POV all of a sudden points towards the ground, which forces me to readjust my view.

VGChampion said:
So has there been any talk about stacking kill streaks yet? I haven't had a chance to play or keep up with MW3 news but just thinking about care packages not stacking bothers me. I don't like to throw them right away if I'm in a bad spot but I hate earning new care packages if they just replace my old one.

Killstreak stacking only works with the Assault strike packages.

VGChampion said:

They do stack on Assault. They don't on support class. To get the MOAB though you need 25 gun kills.

Shot down an Osprey Gunner tonight before it could drop off any goodies. Got like 1200XP but I think I had some double XP going, idk. Feels good man. I hope the loser who called it in was pissed.

I have a few questions for everyone complaining about quickscopers:

- Would you be okay with quickscoping only being easy with guns that 1HK with a shot to the head, neck or upper torso?
- Would you be okay with quickscoping only being easy with guns that 1HK with a shot to the head or neck?
- Would you be okay with quickscoping only being easy with guns that 1Hk with a headshot?
- Would you be okay with a 1 second or half second period right after scoping where you only get a 1HK wtih a headshot?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
LOL, just got the final killcam with an air drop trap. I love these things — they still almost always work. Idiots.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
If there's one thing that makes this game fucking awesome, it's the rage radio.

I love hearing them bitch and cry when you get them.

One kid yelled "OH YEAH FUCKING CAMP DUDE" when I had scoped in knowing he would be there, and another one went fucking ballistic when he died across the map to my bouncing betty.

That's the great thing about it, no matter where they die, you hear them as they talk.

So good.

tsigo

Despite any problems I have with this game, yes, that's a brilliant feature, especially for this franchise where rage is so rampant.

Jrmint

Has anyone in the 360 Clan gotten the double xp for level 10 to activate? I was on earlier this evening and it wasn't working yet.

Xux

TestOfTide said:

- Would you be okay with quickscoping only being easy with guns that 1HK with a shot to the head, neck or upper torso?
- Would you be okay with quickscoping only being easy with guns that 1HK with a shot to the head or neck?
- Would you be okay with quickscoping only being easy with guns that 1Hk with a headshot?
- Would you be okay with a 1 second or half second period right after scoping where you only get a 1HK wtih a headshot?
...What are you getting at? Quickscoping's only "possible" with guns that can kill in the stomach/lower torso; that's why it's always a bolt-action or a .50 cal in montages. RSASS (and the other guns that follow the M21 archetype) don't really need to be buffed in order to be able to quickscope 'cause it's a lot easier to land a follow up shot.

That last option would completely ruin and neuter the class. I'm pretty terrible at sniping but being able to look down range and aim at someone as quick as possible is very important even if you're just "hardscoping".

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Jrmint said:
Has anyone in the 360 Clan gotten the double xp for level 10 to activate? I was on earlier this evening and it wasn't working yet.

Nope, I asked about it on twitter and got no response either.

macewank

Strider2K99 said:
Yes, although Black Ops usually does hotfixes where they push playlist updates that fixes it rather than making a full patch. That's why Black Ops is relatively glitch/hacker free after a few days a glitch is discovered.

IW however, never showed in MW2 that they were serious about putting a stop to any of the glitches or hacks.. So I'm really not expecting anything to happen here with MW3.. Which is kinda sorta bullshit

LowParry

About quickscopers:

I rare even have a good player who does that in matches. It's rare to see in game and the few times I've seen it happen, they don't score very high.

ZZMitch

CcrooK said:
About quickscopers:

I rare even have a good player who does that in matches. It's rare to see in game and the few times I've seen it happen, they don't score very high.

They like to play SnD, which means more easy kills for me so I am not complaining!

Most quickscopers I've seen kinda suck at it. I think in all my time playing, which is a lot of time, I've seen 2 guys that were really good at it.

Anyway I just prestiged. Used my tokens on the FAD, motion sensor, and claymore.

SmokeMaxX

TestOfTide said:

I'd be okay with snipers that can't do full damage unless you can visibly see the person while aiming down the sight. They're sniper rifles not shotguns. No reason they should be able to OHK at close range.

Stantron said:
I caught this guy map glitching the other day. I think it's the same map.
I was gonna keep it private, but fuck it, the more it's exposed the faster it will hopefully get patched.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R-LsvCL_ZQ
I didn't look at the yt clip before now and I don't believe that's the same place. There's a truck kind of between the two demolition points where you can climb up onto and then I guess fall through the geometry to get to the inside of the tank on the truck.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Bleh still cant decide whether to get hardened or not. Of course now that I think about it all my friends who do play CoD wont buy the maps unless they're at a good discount so getting all the dlc would be kinda pointless for me besides playing by myself lol.

tigerin

Magik said:
What the hell is up with this game when it comes to collision detection? All night, any time I would come close to another player, my POV all of a sudden points towards the ground, which forces me to readjust my view.

Killstreak stacking only works with the Assault strike packages.
Huh? I thought stacking only works with support package? What are you guys talking about? I thought your kill streak reset after you died.

Radec

tigerin said:
Huh? I thought stacking only works with support package? What are you guys talking about? I thought your kill streak reset after you died.

Killstreak Stacking = Kills from your killstreak(predator, cobra, etc.) counts towards your next killstreak.

Pointstreak = Support Package.

tigerin

Radec said:
Killstreak Stacking = Kills from your killstreak(predator, cobra, etc.) counts towards your next killstreak.

Oh okay. Assault doesn't sound so bad after all.

tigerin

Radec said:

Wait, so you're saying kills from the stealth bomber(support) doesn't stacks up to the next kill streak?

Sigh....i remember the days when anything more than one kill is called killstreak.

belier

Been playing with the Scar from the moment I got it. Only played a bit with LW86 and UMP-45. But I decided to stick to the SCAR and do all challenges.
Yesterday came grenade launcher challenge time. Kill only 20 people. Just 4 or 5 maps.

"Noobtuber"
"Fag"
"Shit"

Grenade launchers, RPG's, etc have been in these series and BF, ET, and so on, for years.
They are accessible from start. Everybody can use them.
Why whine then?
When I get killed by one of these means, I accept it and continue playing.
I can't imagine what will end up reading people who always play with nade launchers and use them actively.

Another question:

I can see PS3 and 360 players and clans here.
Nobody plays PC version? Preferably from Europe...

Radec

tigerin said:
Wait, so you're saying kills from the stealth bomber(support) doesn't stacks up to the next kill streak?

Sigh....i remember the days when anything more than one kill is called killstreak.

hmmn.. let me make it clear.

Assault Package: Every kill from your killstreak(Predator, Cobra, etc.) will count towards your next killstreak. But if it is the last killstreak active(predator>cobra>ac130), any kills coming from the AC130 will not count towards the restarted killstreak (predator).

Support Package: Every kill from you or from your killstreak(Stealth Bomber) will count. Doesn't reset even when you're killed.

*Hardline: -1
*Hardline Pro: 2 Assists = 1 point.

tsigo

belier said:
Been playing with the Scar from the moment I got it. Only played a bit with LW86 and UMP-45. But I decided to stick to the SCAR and do all challenges.
Yesterday came grenade launcher challenge time. Kill only 20 people. Just 4 or 5 maps.

"Noobtuber"
"Fag"
"Shit"

Grenade launchers, RPG's, etc have been in these series and BF, ET, and so on, for years.
They are accessible from start. Everybody can use them.
Why whine then?
When I get killed by one of these means, I accept it and continue playing.
I can't imagine what will end up reading people who always play with nade launchers and use them actively.

In previous games dying to a grenade launcher was an all-too-common occurrence, and probably 99% of them were by the hands of people who, had they tried shooting you with bullets, wouldn't have killed you in the first place. So it's residual anger from that.

Grenade launchers are so weak in MW3 that if I die to one, I'm just gonna say "Yeah, well done. I deserved that." You'll continue to deal with the "Noobtoober fag" stuff regardless because the community is among the dumbest there is.

Radec

noobtubes and claymores are the least killers ive encountered.

i didnt died to a claymore even without stalker pro. lol

DRE Fei

TestOfTide said:

Quickscoping to me is not an issue in mw3. Sure, the snipers are really loving it, but this isn't even a close to being a sniper game even though the weapon is really good with quickdraw. Look at all the tight hallways and small rooms on these maps. This game is about SMGs and akimbo FNG9s. Fuck quickdraw. Why do I need quickdraw when I can just put on hardline or assassin and just spray people down from the hip all day with steady aim?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Wow...just got killed by a sniper who was still able to scope me from across the map in the middle of his jump. LOL. I wish I had theatre mode enabled.

kuYuri

Yep, just ran into two Outpost under map glitchers. Recorded in theatre and reported for exploiting/cheating.

On the positive side, here I am rocking the GAF clan tag and title.

USA6Wl.jpg

I ran into a team of quickscopers last night. They all had names starting with SKD and they were all good at it.

Fucking infuriating. That I can get killed by a guy who noscopes a sniper rifle while running at full speed is fucking ridiculous.

Just another reason why Treyarch make better games. Balance.

rezuth

So yeah, just got my first couple of exploiters. Sitting in that goddamn truck, makes me angry as hell. I also wish they made the report system more obvious, took me a goddamn good five minutes to find almost.

Man I suck... Playing PC version, and just getting smashed. No idea how I should play. I watched some videos and people playing seem to always run and somehow "know" where the opponents are. They also seem to spray (like just hold the fire button down) and they always seem to flank the enemy and destroy them.

When I try to do the same :) You know the drill :p

I'm not saying that the game is bad or anything I'm having a blast but I want to be better at it. So any tips? Like what weapon is good for what map? I noticed that SMGs are good at close quarters (they rape my assault rifle) probably because of fireing speed. I don't know any help is greatly appreciated :)

Thank you for your time

belier

Melhisedek said:
Man I suck... Playing PC version, and just getting smashed. No idea how I should play. I watched some videos and people playing seem to always run and somehow "know" where the opponents are. They also seem to spray (like just hold the fire button down) and they always seem to flank the enemy and destroy them.

When I try to do the same :) You know the drill :p

I'm not saying that the game is bad or anything I'm having a blast but I want to be better at it. So any tips? Like what weapon is good for what map? I noticed that SMGs are good at close quarters (they rape my assault rifle) probably because of fireing speed. I don't know any help is greatly appreciated :)

Thank you for your time

European player? If affirmative, it will be a pleasure to play against you... xD

Seriously, it seems that it's all about of getting akimbo guns and running like a unheaded chicken...
I've been refining my strategy. Dropping a betty in my back to know if someone is coming, waiting a bit before turning corners or crossing doors.
I always play Kill Confirmed, lots of points getting tags or camping open field tags.
Learn to prone fast.

Doomskull

Neo Member
These maps are so shit, it's almost heartbreaking.

Remember how awesome maps like Highrise, Afghan and Underpass were?

I like the MW3 gameplay (except for the insane bullet damage / low health) but these maps are just a confused, cluttered mess.

*sigh*

Doomskull said:
These maps are so shit, it's almost heartbreaking.

Remember how awesome maps like Highrise, Afghan and Underpass were?

I like the MW3 gameplay (except for the insane bullet damage / low health) but these maps are just a confused, cluttered mess.

*sigh*
lolwut

Doomskull

Neo Member
Afghan was a great map.

That is an objective fact.

In fact, most of the MW2 maps were at least good, some great. I'm struggling to name one that I really hated (maybe Rundown, Estate and Carnival were my least favourite).

I struggle to name one MW3 map that is fun. Maybe Interchange.

aku:jiki

How do I find established groups on Elite? I'm trying to see how I stack up against other players in my city but it's not in the list of featured city groups.

Pretty nice to see that I'm ranked #2 in my country on Elite and I'm #28 for worldwide Demolition in-game!

Doomskull said:
I struggle to name one MW3 map that is fun. Maybe Interchange.
I'm convinced that people's major problem with the maps is the spastic spawn points. Most of the maps are awesome for Demolition. Only thing that bothers me is that there's a few too many pointless decorations going on - like those metal rods sticking out of walls on Hardhat so you can't see properly, or the flipped cars on Interchange that you can't shoot over.

Top Bottom