• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Forsaken82 said:
Not sure if this has been answered, but as a Hardened owner, how do I activate my Premium Elite content? Or rather, when it actually works, how will I set my account up so that it realizes I am a premium subscriber because the Founder Code doesn't do that does it?

This had me stumped for a while too. Look in your booklet/leaflet that came with the game. There's an Elite code that you need to redeem in the marketplace.

Radec

Rabbitweed said:
Oh man, I think I'm gonna have a heart attack one of these days from all this raging when I play with randoms. I just don't understand why is it always my team that loses these 7400-7500 matches. Just had two of those in a row. Unfuckingbelievable.
lol. try a 199-200 domination lost. 3 fucking enemy emps at 180-150 with us leading. cant even summon my pavelow and airstrike. helluva game. i almost disconnect my ps3 out of rage. lol

Radec

Alienshogun said:
No, you can go prone and completely avoid the damage from a bouncing betty. A claymore you cannot avoid.
trust me. i have escaped a shitload of claymores even without stalker.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Damn man I cannot get into the multiplayer maps at all. They feel so freaking tiny and cramped, even by COD standards. I've been making myself play cause I loved MW1 & 2 multiplayer, and I love the guns in this one. But it's just not growing on me, there's not even one map I enjoy playing on. I hope the first map pack brings a little more size. But I did love the campaign, probably my favorite so far.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Forsaken82 said:
Not sure if this has been answered, but as a Hardened owner, how do I activate my Premium Elite content? Or rather, when it actually works, how will I set my account up so that it realizes I am a premium subscriber because the Founder Code doesn't do that does it?

Make sure you redeem your code through the PlayStation Store.

Anybody with Hardened not get Founder status in Elite yet? Mine has not shown up on the site, but it shows up in the console version of Elite. I haven't gotten my Founder perks though :(.

Alienshogun said:
Kill confirmed works exceptionally well.
Kill confirmed addresses what issues with TDM in MW3?
Awful spawns? Hide in corner camping? Run in circles gunplay? Does it make these bad maps ok?

It would have possibly helped MW2 to get people out of chokepoints, but this game barely has chokepoints. It becomes a fucking mess, and the only way around it is an entire team that chokes up...and that's MW3 TDM "played right" anyway. Hiding in the corner and camping a dog tag will result in more kills for a camper than any tdm game could possibly reward.

Doesn't address a single thing, if anything it equalizes the score so every game is kinda close even when the skill level of the teams are nowhere near as equal.
In kill confirmed, the player is even more forced into playing close quarters "run n gun game" than the game already dictates. You literally HAVE TO get in close in a game that already forces that down your throat. This is why the scores are usually more even...because there's nothing to close quarter combat. There's nothing to running in and grabbing the dog tags and hoping your reaction time + lag is less than your opponents.
Kill Confirmed is (barely) new. That's all it has going for it. It's minor variation for variation's sake. It brings nothing to the table and is a sign of a lack of ideas on IW's part.

SmokeMaxX

Hiding in an area that's easy to defend and can easily see the bombsite isn't "strategy" or "tactics." What kind of backwards thinking is that? If I can defend the bombsite from an area that has 8 different ways to get behind me, THAT'S strategy and skill. MW2 babied some of you guys too hard. I've played Search a lot. Know how most people win in those games (in older CoDs)? Camp in high grass near the bomb site. Camp close enough where you can hear the bomb being defused but far enough so that there's only essentially one way to get to where you're hiding. I can't believe people want that back. I'm sorry you have to turn around once in a while. People shouldn't be able to camp in a corner and completely dominate an entrance-way because there's only one way you can come and multiple places they can defend from.

Xux

BannedEpisode said:
What advantage does the ACR or other weapons have over the Scar-IL?

I have my SCAR maxed out but I'm starting to feel like the damage and rate of fire is leaving me at a disadvantage. I mostly play FFA.

What should I look into?

Sounds like the G36C. Here's the others compared to the SCAR:

The M4 has a higher rate of fire, a faster reload, and headshots mean something at close range at the cost of overall range and less desirable iron-sights.
CM901 has very effective headshots close-range, does more damage long range, has better range overall but noticeable recoil and the lowest rate of fire for full-auto ARs.
G36C has a higher rate of fire, meaningful headshots close-range, higher damage long range but lower range.
ACR has good headshots at all ranges, slightly better range, more damage long range, and a faster reload but a lower rate of fire.
AK47 has good headshots close range, more damage long range, the best range of the full-auto ARs and a lower rate of fire.
FAD has the highest rate of fire of the ARs and good headshots at all ranges but takes another bullet to kill up close, has the worst range of the full-auto ARs, and the longest reload.

The stats if you wanna read them yourself. You might disagree with the stats so you should just try them all yourself.

Enosh

Jack Scofield said:
Does the MW2-style RDS not exist in this game? I could have sworn it was shown in some pre-release videos...
yeah, I am quite sure it was in the spec ops trailers, liked it more than the CoD4 version

SmokeMaxX said:
Hiding in an area that's easy to defend and can easily see the bombsite isn't "strategy" or "tactics." What kind of backwards thinking is that? If I can defend the bombsite from an area that has 8 different ways to get behind me, THAT'S strategy and skill. MW2 babied some of you guys too hard. I've played Search a lot. Know how most people win in those games (in older CoDs)? Camp in high grass near the bomb site. Camp close enough where you can hear the bomb being defused but far enough so that there's only essentially one way to get to where you're hiding. I can't believe people want that back. I'm sorry you have to turn around once in a while. People shouldn't be able to camp in a corner and completely dominate an entrance-way because there's only one way you can come and multiple places they can defend from.

Would you say you're an expert?

anyone down for a game right now? I always find it less frustrating when my team consists of less randoms

GT: Newmanizor56

Strider2K99 said:
I still am not able to log-in on my console. I use the correct email and password and it still tells me the info is wrong.

kuYuri

TestOfTide said:
anyone down for a game right now? I always find it less frustrating when my team consists of less randoms

GT: Newmanizor56

I still am not able to log-in on my console. I use the correct email and password and it still tells me the info is wrong.
Have you tried the website?

PalaceBrother said:
This had me stumped for a while too. Look in your booklet/leaflet that came with the game. There's an Elite code that you need to redeem in the marketplace.

Oooo! That makes sense... the most useless thing in the case. Thanks! I will look into this when i get home.

SmokeMaxX

BiggStankDogg said:
Would you say you're an expert?
Would I say I'm an expert? No, but I'd say I have enough sense to know that achieving success when the odds are against you makes a better player than achieving success when you have everything stacked in your favor.

Strider2K99 said:
Have you tried the website?
website works app usualy has the "too much user volume" message and the few times I can get to the login screen it still doesn't get that I am inputting correct info

Just got this message on PSN:

"Noob hardscoper. 1VS1 with no gay hardscoping? my skillz are top 10 EU"

The last bit confused the hell outta me I must admit.

(Yes, he/she did use z at the end of skills.)

kuYuri

TestOfTide said:
website works app usualy has the "too much user volume" message and the few times I can get to the login screen it still doesn't get that I am inputting correct info
App was giving me the same thing earlier, I say stick with the website for now. At least for me, it's been working pretty well other than the occasional section of the site that may not always load.

def sim

BackwardsSuggestions said:

i think he likes you and maybe wants to know if you like him too

BackwardsSuggestions said:

I think he's saying he's top 10 in Europe.

AtomHeart

Neo Member
I can't decide whether I don't really like this game or whether I'm just getting tired of first person shooters, I played multiplayer for 45 minutes earlier and I just didn't enjoy myself at all, but I loved the single player campaign.

Same thing happened with Battlefield 3, played it for a while and just couldn't bring myself to play it at all any more, didn't even get through the single player campaign!

Kujo

Mojo said:
Anyone know what those icons are next to some players scores in pre-game lobbies? They look like this:

ZPQ7q.jpg
Anyone?

Freedom = $1.05 said:
is PSN down for anyone? Trying to get a couple of matches in but it's giving me a maintenance error.
They took it down for 14-hour planned maintenance at 11am ET/8am PT. It'll be back up 1am ET/10pm PT.

I have no idea why they took the shit down during the day either.

aristotle

AnEternalEnigma said:
They took it down for 14-hour planned maintenance at 11am ET/8am PT. It'll be back up 1am ET/10pm PT.

Firmware update incoming!

Maybe we'll get tons of free stuff. Har. ;)

RedAssedApe

Banned
Anyone else having trouble joining your friends' lobbies using the in-game Friend finder (Y button) on the XBOX360 version? Known bug or is this just me?

I'm pretty sure me and all my buddies are on OPEN NAT as we've all had to manually open ports or enable UPNP in the past for similar online issues. Some people on the Activision forum claim that the in game NAT indicator is broken and doesn't accurately reflect the OPEN, MODERATE, and STRICT statuses.

I can join lobbies just fine when people send me invites through XBL Dash and they can join my lobbies when the situation is reverse.

Kujo

Noriega said:
It means you are in a same elite group with somebody.

Let's say you're both in the Gaf group and it'll show on the common groups option that you're both in Gaf.
Hmm, I'm not in any Elite groups I don't think. I've only used Elite once and it wasn't working when I tried

Respawn

Banned
Radec said:
trust me. i have escaped a shitload of claymores even without stalker.
Have to agree. They need to fix that in the next patch. Someone with a lvl 2 rank that I see in game should not be running by claymores.
Then again lag is the enemy of us all lately. Nothing worst than watching your gun stutter and putter as you unload rounds into the opposing team to have him unload into you and win.

Angry Fork

AnEternalEnigma said:

-_- Didn't know this. Was going to hop on MW3 but I guess it's back to Skyrim lol

X-Frame

I was wondering why they got rid of the MW2 RDS and brought back the COD4 one .. did people request that or something?

Maybe Respawn took it with them.

SmokeMaxX

hamchan said:
Are those people using controller buttons in their clan tags hacking? Because I think those button icons look pretty cool...
Not cheating, but "utilizing an exploit." More annoying than anything.

Top Bottom