• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

SmokeMaxX

All things considered, not too bad with the "worst gun in the game":
ksg.png

Unfortunately I'm lvl 79 so I'm going to prestige before I can get the golden version of this gun, but I'm really close to getting the damage proficiency so I really want to try that out before I prestige. One thing I want to test is damage + silencer on the KSG which is a 5 pellet kill even at MAX RANGE (takes 4 pellets to kill without damage even point blank).

Victrix

*beard*
My problem with the KSG (and the shotguns in general) is that even when I do well, I'm left feeling like I could have easily done better with another gun

Not a good feeling

SmokeMaxX

Victrix said:
My problem with the KSG (and the shotguns in general) is that even when I do well, I'm left feeling like I could have easily done better with another gun

Not a good feeling
Haha while I totally agree, I can say that about pretty much every gun except the Type 95. Seriously that thing kills at all ranges way too fast. Not sure how to nerf it without turning it into the garbage M16.

J-Roderton

How are the last two sniper rifles? I picked up the Remington but didn't have a chance to get a kill with it. Looks like I have a ways to go before unlocking them so I'm just curious how they compare with the first few.

Xux

SmokeMaxX said:
Haha while I totally agree, I can say that about pretty much every gun except the Type 95. Seriously that thing kills at all ranges way too fast. Not sure how to nerf it without turning it into the garbage M16.
Feels like they could make it a three shot kill up close without it being as bad as the M16. I think they could bump it and the MP7 down a few notches without making them too much worse than everything else.

They should bump up the Dragunov, Skorpion, and all the pistols, too.

X-Frame

What are everyone's feelings on the MP7?

I just unlocked it and played a couple games with it and itseems like it comes stock with Rapid Fire and it very accurate with very little recoil. Plus I think it looks pretty cool.

Victrix

*beard*
X-Frame said:

I just unlocked it and played a couple games with it and itseems like it comes stock with Rapid Fire and it very accurate with very little recoil. Plus I think it looks pretty cool.

It's almost obscenely good

Range + Rapid Fire, it kills up close, it kills at a distance, it triple kills

It's basically the PP90s grown up brother

SmokeMaxX

Xux said:
Feels like they could make it a three shot kill up close without it being as bad as the M16. I think they could bump it and the MP7 down a few notches without making them too much worse than everything else.

They should bump up the Dragunov, Skorpion, and all the pistols, too.
I'd say the Skorpion is infinitely better than the G18, but maybe it depends on attachments and whatnot. G18 silenced is the worst silenced machine pistol. You can only get ~1 kill per clip. Sometimes two if you're lucky and sometimes not even 1 if they're at mid-range.

Noirulus

Omfg this game runs like shit on PS3. Why is it such a blurry mess when im moving around? The frame rate is utter shit as well (ESPECIALLY when playing split-screen, like freaking 15 fps!) What really doesn't make sense is that it's like this while the graphics are terrible!

How the hell can such a huge franchise's sequel be this noticeably worse?

Oh yeah, and how could i forget the maps. The maps are completely random in terms of layout. Just a bunch of random buildings everywhere... thank god my friend bought this so that I can play it without feeling cheated out of my money.

Wildstar75 said:
Carbon is terrible! Dome is maybe even worse though.

Got my first M.O.A.B tonight on that map playing TDM. Finished 32-0.

Downturn is the worst map to me. Dome can't hold a candle to Firing Range or Nuketown mainly because the spawns in MW3 are a complete mess.

sleepykyo

Wildstar75 said:
Carbon is terrible! Dome is maybe even worse though.

I felt that way for a while. But with Dome there is some kind of flow. Carbon is just a bunch of buildings and walkways thrown together in cluster.

X-Frame

Victrix said:
It's almost obscenely good

Range + Rapid Fire, it kills up close, it kills at a distance, it triple kills

It's basically the PP90s grown up brother
Interesting. I will try that combination out this weekend.

Xux

SmokeMaxX said:
I'd say the Skorpion is infinitely better than the G18, but maybe it depends on attachments and whatnot. G18 silenced is the worst silenced machine pistol. You can only get ~1 kill per clip. Sometimes two if you're lucky and sometimes not even 1 if they're at mid-range.
I don't have it unlocked yet but it definitely seems like they overbalanced it after MW2 just from dicking around in Private Matches. Then again, it was pretty awful in MW2 without Akimbo and the huge magazine was the only really advantage it had. Good thing they gave those advantages to the FMG :lol.

The Skorpion does feel worse than the first two, though, with it's smaller magazine and lower rate of fire but samey recoil. And the machine pistols overshadow the pistols pretty badly.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I can't believe there are no party settings in this game (open, invite only, etc.). Yet another feature that was in Black Ops that IW did not bother to adopt.

AEGISX

Banned
X-Frame said:

the second best gun in the game, according to the weapon chart

kuYuri

Talladega Knight said:
i never really played modern warfare 1, how are the red dot sights different between 2 and 3?
Nothing, it's just aesthetics. Don't see what the big deal is, a red dot sight is a red dot sight, who cares what it looks, as long as it does what it's intended to do.

Speaking of loadouts is there a general consensus on the best ghost loadout & weapon combo?

In MW2, the UMP45 was favored for a rushing silencer run & the Tar-21 for medium range. What's the best for this game.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Okay, what the balls. There's no title/callsign for picking up an enemy 'nade, throwing it back, and getting a kill?

Lame.
That was single handedly the coolest moment of my COD experience. Ever. I've NEVER been able to do that. I had the damn theater off too to reduce lag [as some have said lag is shitty with the camera always on]

lame lame lame

Xux

dmg04 said:
Okay, what the balls. There's no title/callsign for picking up an enemy 'nade, throwing it back, and getting a kill?

Lame.
That was single handedly the coolest moment of my COD experience. Ever. I've NEVER been able to do that. I had the damn theater off too to reduce lag [as some have said lag is shitty with the camera always on]

lame lame lame
There is. You just have to do it five times.
AEGISX said:
why does the machinima's subscribe button say KONAMI!?
Because they have ads for the MGS collection up.

See You Next Wednesday said:
Speaking of loadouts is there a general consensus on the best ghost loadout & weapon combo?

In MW2, the UMP45 was favored for a rushing silencer run & the Tar-21 for medium range. What's the best for this game.

I have amazing success with the suppressed PP90 for close range. Suppressed SCAR-L or Type 95 (with Attachments and Rapid Fire) for medium range. MK14 with Suppressor and an optic attachment also works well.

Kronotech

I need to somehow show my matches to some pros so i can learn WHAT I am doing wrong. I cannot continue this .6 k/d. It's so unnerving to get Juiced more often in a match than a killstreak. I keep wanting to call it quits but this game is so addicting... I must be a masochist.

I felt bad for my teams during Kill Confirmed that I resorted back to FFA. Still fun...

Well damn, I'm officially a scrub again. My favorite part of CoD is that first week where everyone is learning the maps and guns. I was doing so good, but it feels like we're starting to get to the point where the wheat is being seperated from the chaff. And I am so the chaff. So long first place. Maybe it was just a bad few nights, but I I think that things are starting to settle down now and I'm destined to be in the bottom 10 the rest of the year.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Touch said:
I have come to the false realization that all the spawn system for all game modes is based on Free For All.
Yeah, even in 4v4 on a somewhat large map, i still find myself spawning quite literally in the sights of an enemy. That, or i choose to turn direction B rather than A, and i get shot in the ass one second later.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I just played with someone whose name was showing up in bright/neon green (different than the regular friendly green). Does anyone know what that means, or is it some sort of exploit?

SmokeMaxX

Kronotech said:
I need to somehow show my matches to some pros so i can learn WHAT I am doing wrong. I cannot continue this .6 k/d. It's so unnerving to get Juiced more often in a match than a killstreak. I keep wanting to call it quits but this game is so addicting... I must be a masochist.

I felt bad for my teams during Kill Confirmed that I resorted back to FFA. Still fun...
Use Type 95(really any AR will work here, but Type 95 is the best; you can also use an SMG but probably not recommended for lower level players) and be more patient when you play. Only run/walk without aiming when you're at least 80% sure noone is around you. To do this, use UAVs and also (if you are alone) listen for footsteps. When you get to a good level (or if you have prestige tokens) use Assassin and Blind Eye. I also recommend Dead Silence for peace of mind. Use lower kill streaks if you can't get to the higher ones. UAV/Care Package/Predator is good for low level and can be supplemented with hardline if you don't have assassin yet. If you can't get a 2-3 kill streak yet, use Support package.

Fugu

I've discovered a very unusual bug. I don't know if I'm the first one to find this but I haven't heard anything about it. Basically there's this house in Bootleg with some... very strange properties.

The no prone house:
2hnrn5z.png

Now, I have only tested this on PC, but I have done it on multiple computers with multiple accounts and in multiple instances of the game, so I can confirm that (at least on the PC) you can replicate it.

Basically, you can't go prone in here. There's no real reason why, but it just doesn't let you. It doesn't say prone blocked or anything; it just doesn't work. If you try to go prone from outside of the house and then crawl into it, you'll just sort of whig out as you get there and get blocked by an invisible barrier. There is a single tile that lets you prone, but you can't go anywhere from there. If you do manage to prone from outside of the house and get inside the house (I've done it once), it will let you prone anywhere in the room until you leave, and then you won't be able to prone again (this is probably the strangest part). Also, for some reason you can prone on the chairs and it will let you go through the walls a bit.

njean777

Have they responded to the spawning problems at all? I know Elite is a clusterfuck, but they really need to fix the spawning pronto.

Finished the SP today, might be my favorite of the CoD games this gen. The level designs are great, the action is incredible, the characters are developed well, and best of all the game on Veteran does not give you headaches with cheap bullshit. It's still hard at times but it's fair almost. About fucking time.

And the ending... so perfect.

AEGISX

Banned
Fugu said:
I've discovered a very unusual bug. I don't know if I'm the first one to find this but I haven't heard anything about it. Basically there's this house in Bootleg with some... very strange properties.

The no prone house:
2hnrn5z.png

Now, I have only tested this on PC, but I have done it on multiple computers with multiple accounts and in multiple instances of the game, so I can confirm that (at least on the PC) you can replicate it.

Basically, you can't go prone in here. There's no real reason why, but it just doesn't let you. It doesn't say prone blocked or anything; it just doesn't work. If you try to go prone from outside of the house and then crawl into it, you'll just sort of whig out as you get there and get blocked by an invisible barrier. There is a single tile that lets you prone, but you can't go anywhere from there. If you do manage to prone from outside of the house and get inside the house (I've done it once), it will let you prone anywhere in the room until you leave, and then you won't be able to prone again (this is probably the strangest part). Also, for some reason you can prone on the chairs and it will let you go through the walls a bit.
its a ghost house, the floor is cursed with a demonic power.

MercuryLS said:
I'm still getting constant pauses in this game in MP on PS3. When the hell are they going to patch this fucking game?

Yeah, it makes hardcore search almost unplayable at times. Like the last couple days it's been like this...

gray_fox224

GillianSeed79 said:
Well damn, I'm officially a scrub again. My favorite part of CoD is that first week where everyone is learning the maps and guns. I was doing so good, but it feels like we're starting to get to the point where the wheat is being seperated from the chaff. And I am so the chaff. So long first place. Maybe it was just a bad few nights, but I I think that things are starting to settle down now and I'm destined to be in the bottom 10 the rest of the year.
I going through the same thing. I was beasting for the past week, but now, NOTHING -__-

Top Bottom