• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

For the first time ever I successfully logged onto the Elite site, and it actually showed me stats, etc.

This is pretty fun stuff to look over while away from the game. :p

BruiserBear said:
For the first time ever I successfully logged onto the Elite site, and it actually showed me stats, etc.

This is pretty fun stuff to look over while away from the game. :p

When it's working it is really cool. I love being to modify classes and send them to the game.

DRE Fei

You know, with all this developer talk of mw3 rewarding objective players, the scoreboard sure as hell doesn't acknowledge that. Why isn't there a total shown for kills confirmed/denied at the end of kill confirmed? That mode is for run and gun players, not k/d nerds. Stay the hell out of there so the rest of us can have fun please.

Radec

After mastering how to be a Marksman, going back to being a Stalker is hard.

I often fall from edges due to the speed. lol

def sim

It would have been awesome if scavenger refilled stinger rounds. I'd be shooting stuff out of the sky all day since it seems like I'm the only one doing it.

aku:jiki

rance said:
It would have been awesome if scavenger refilled stinger rounds. I'd be shooting stuff out of the sky all day since it seems like I'm the only one doing it.
Because it isn't ridiculously easy enough to shoot shit down already? Can't believe GAF can't see that glaring imbalance.

aku:jiki said:
Because it isn't ridiculously easy enough to shoot shit down already? Can't believe GAF can't see that glaring imbalance.

You seem to include an 'I can't believe GAF doesnt...' generalisation every day. Ever realised that you're the one with the arse-backwards perspective?

moai

i'm thinking of going elite only for the dlc, so i was going to pay with paypal. but then i saw that it auto renews. should i buy it with points or i'm safe with paypal? i don't want to get myself in to a similar fiasco like the auto renewal for xbox live with credit cards.
what should i do?

def sim

I don't represent GAF, I'm just saying a statement about how I can have more fun. Not everything people post here is some balance suggestion being sent to IW to be taken seriously.

Dabanton

moai said:
i'm thinking of going elite only for the dlc, so i was going to pay with paypal. but then i saw that it auto renews. should i buy it with points or i'm safe with paypal? i don't want to get myself in to a similar fiasco like the auto renewal for xbox live with credit cards.
what should i do?

I just brought the points and then just added them.

Zero Hero

Was finishing up my last match of Kill Confirmed last night and unlocked the Type 95 so I say, 'one more match'. 5 matches of beasting later and I have a renewed interest in this game. I love that gun!

R2D4

Banned
rance said:

Of the support perks should be an ammo crate.

Dabanton

Pretty much learned all the maps now and all the spots where players will most likely go to. had some delicious rounds on the hardcore playlists, last night.

The thing i love about hardcore is like my other fave game CS:S you just can't go firing wildly everywhere or throw nades with no care to where they land, lest you kill a teammate but everything is a judgement call, should i throw that grenade in there or fire my launcher into that window.

Plus the use of sound becomes even more important both for you and the enemy. I play with headphones on and the amount of players who give themselves away is hilarious.

When you start out with only one rocket per life on maps that offer very poor ground to air line of sight, yeah it isn't "ridiculously" easy.

Granted, since I got the stinger unlocked, it has been significantly more simple :p

aristotle

PS3 GAF!:

We will be having our weekly games starting tonight. Friday through Sunday clan meetup games start at 8pm Central. If you would like to join up, send me a message and I'll send you an invite to our chat room and to our games. Hope to see you all online!

I needed to get that out before Neogaf goes down for 15 hours.

You can find out who is all a member and how to contact me (and others) here:

GAF MW3 Community/Clan thread

If you would like to be a member of either the PS3 or 360 clan, let us know and we'll send out a few invites ;)

X-Frame

DRE Fei said:
You know, with all this developer talk of mw3 rewarding objective players, the scoreboard sure as hell doesn't acknowledge that. Why isn't there a total shown for kills confirmed/denied at the end of kill confirmed? That mode is for run and gun players, not k/d nerds. Stay the hell out of there so the rest of us can have fun please.
So damn true. Does Elite even track flags csltured, flag carriers killed, bombs planted, dog tags recovered/denied, etc?

If not and it's only kills that's pathetic. The scoreboards are a complete lie.

Fugu

DRE Fei said:
When did it become a bad thing to care about your K:DR? The Call of Duty fanbase has done some strange things to the FPS...

KaYotiX

Banned
Fugu said:
When did it become a bad thing to care about your K:DR? The Call of Duty fanbase has done some strange things to the FPS...
It's nice to see who actually does objectives in the objective based games. I loved seeing who was running flags or who actually capped points in domination on the scoreboard. K/d ratio only matters in deathmatch modes.

They need to add it back

Jrmint

njean777 said:
I think my care package perk is messed up, every one I throw seems to reward me a crappy IMS. I hate the damn thing.
Those actually work pretty well I think. Especially near Domination flags.

Angry Fork

Just finished the single player, great campaign overall (much better than Black Ops which was awful imo). I still find the actual shooting enemies parts to be dreadfully boring though. When you get up to some square area and there's tons of enemies coming from various buildings etc, these are the worst parts of the game for me by far. My favorite parts are when you're just following an AI guy and you have to be quiet, pass other guys, and so on.

The parts where you're running with
the resistance
and the music is playing in the background as the rain pours down and buildings get blown up before you etc. is really awesome. But then they force you to stop and shoot 30 random baddies -_- kills the momentum for me.

SmokeMaxX

Fugu said:
Eh? Oldschool FPSs that I've played have NEVER concerned themselves with K:D ratios in objective based games. Why should it matter if you go 0-100 if you capped 8 flags in a row and won the game?

Ferny

Angry Fork said:
Just finished the single player, great campaign overall (much better than Black Ops which was awful imo). I still find the actual shooting enemies parts to be dreadfully boring though. When you get up to some square area and there's tons of enemies coming from various buildings etc, these are the worst parts of the game for me by far. My favorite parts are when you're just following an AI guy and you have to be quiet, pass other guys, and so on.

The parts where you're running with
the resistance
and the music is playing in the background as the rain pours down and buildings get blown up before you etc. is really awesome. But then they force you to stop and shoot 30 random baddies -_- kills the momentum for me.
Yeah those are my favorite parts of COD campaigns as well. The sneaking parts, sniping people. The shooting in a hallway parts arn't as fun.

LowParry

I think the SCAR is my go to weapon cause it seems for now that only weapon I can kill people with ease. Eh, can't really complain. Seems like as each days passes, the more campy people are getting in Kill Confirmed. And it's pretty annoying. You'll find people camped in the weirdest ass places.

Dabanton said:
The thing i love about hardcore is like my other fave game CS:S you just can't go firing wildly everywhere or throw nades with no care to where they land, lest you kill a teammate but everything is a judgement call, should i throw that grenade in there or fire my launcher into that window.

Stats and the desire to win aside, it really doesnt matter because the game doesnt kick you anymore. I dont know who made that horrible decision but it gets beyond annoying when you get some idiot in the room who gets off on team killing.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Pie Lord said:
The Call of Duty games have always been incredibly frustrating at times.
Not for me, COD has always been my "chill mode" game.

Halo/Gears are the rage games.

The more team dependent a game gets, the more it makes me rage.

njean777

Jrmint said:
Those actually work pretty well I think. Especially near Domination flags.

Problem is I play kill confirmed and TDM the most :(. I use to be a domination player, but these maps are to small and the domination matches become a huge clusterfuck imo.

Alienshogun said:
Not for me, COD has always been my "chill mode" game.

Halo/Gears are the rage games.

The more team dependent a game gets, the more it makes me rage.

While Gears makes me rage a lot, I am more competitive on COD myself.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
njean777 said:
Problem is I play kill confirmed and TDM the most :(. I use to be a domination player, but these maps are to small and the domination matches become a huge clusterfuck imo.

The IMS is great for Kill Confirmed. Each one will get you multiple kills.

zlatko

Banned
Playing yesterday on Dome I got to 24 kills in a row running around, and then the game ended as I was shooting #25. ; ; I was so close to dropping a MOAB running and gunnin.

Relix said:
SCAR Silencer
Blind Eye
Assassin Pro
Stalker Pro
Support Streak

I fucking love this game. :p!

Maybe I need to try the SCAR again. Can't seem to find my gun in this game after being an M-16 user for years. In BLOPS I enjoyed the Commando.

Kronotech

SmokeMaxX said:
You don't have to use the Type 95- it's just considered the strongest gun in the game in many regards. G36C is also a really strong gun, but really any AR or SMG should be able to take you far. For most guns you want a silencer, but if you use the Type 95, just throw a RDS and/or Rapid Fire on it.

Is the loss of range worth it though? If so, i'll definitely switch over to silencer fulltime.

The perks I suggested are for a "ninja" playstyle. You want to hug the outside of the map (more or less) and face towards the center. Staying hidden is key so that you can shoot people when they don't expect you. With your K:D, I imagine you lose a lot of 1v1 battles because the other person is ready to kill you before you're ready to kill them. By running a class that allows you to stay hidden, it lets you have the advantage most of the time since people have no idea where you're at unless they see you.

I definitely do better with the ninja playstyle so once the rest of my perks open up, I'll probably have a better shot. You're 50% correct about my K:D ratio. The other 50% is me getting killed from behind, which I'm not sure how to remedy.

My biggest annoyance is getting killed by the same player 3-4x in a row. I get killed, respawn and walk 10 ft. before the same bastard kills me again. Rinse/repeat. Almost as if he killed me and knew exactly where I was going to spawn next.

njean777 said:

While Gears makes me rage a lot, I am more competitive on COD myself.

gears 3 doesn't make me rage at all, I'm fine with knowing the person who killed me more was likely the better player or was on the better team. There usually is some bullshit behind each kill or death here and it doesn't settle well with me, and that's sometimes the case with halo too

Fugu said:

When people care more about their k/d in modes like CTF or Search and Destroy is when it bothers me. halo and cod are notorious for a community that focuses more on k/d in objective based game modes than the objectives.

Top Bottom