• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Xux

I think I hate you. :(

I miss Skidrow. I'd rather have Shipment, Dome (WaW), Rust or Nuketown than Dome too.
Haha, I see plenty of people talk about how small/closed in/narrow the maps in this game are but when I think of the maps that are the opposite they're pretty universally hated. Skidrow was pretty cool. As was Favela, Terminal, Invasion, Salvage, Trailer Park...I think instead of picking those six maps that were in the code to bring back, they should've just made the two MW2 map packs compatible with this game.
Am I wrong or was there options to turn off voice chat and game music in previous COD's?
Voice chat volume's in MW3, I'm pretty sure, but music volume, as well as all of the other sound options was lost with Black Ops.
Could you not turn it off in Black Ops? I put a lot of time into it and never thought to check.
You couldn't.
Skilled? Skill involves aim,
They're aiming; you just don't see it 'cause it's a Theater Mode clip and they weren't host so it doesn't show them looking through the scope. Here's closer to what it would look like on their TV as they were doing it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKSUpWrZ7Oo
What is theater mode and how do I turn it off?
Theater Mode is where you can watch past matches you've had. If it says "On" next to the little camera next to your name in the pregame lobby, you've been recording games this whole time and can watch them in your vault. You can turn off "Theater Demo" in the Options menu on the Multiplayer menu.
Have these guys ever gave a reason why they refuse to do beta's? Why do they keep making the first few weeks hell for players with the lag and then choose to patch it.
Takes too long to get a patch through the certification process.

winnarps

Started the game with 1.0 KDR (mostly used M16).

Unlocked the Type 95, equip Silencer and Rapid Fire, Assassin Pro, Steady Aim.

KDR rises to 1.70 in a single night.

Granted I'm not too far along in the game compared to a lot of others, but that AR is goddamn sick.

Overall, though, game is kinda stale. The maps and spawns = pure wtfery.

Started the game with 1.0 KDR (mostly used M16).

Unlocked the Type 95, equip Silencer and Rapid Fire, Assassin Pro, Steady Aim.

KDR rises to 1.70 in a single night.

Granted I'm not too far along in the game compared to a lot of others, but that AR is goddamn sick.

Overall, though, game is kinda stale. The maps and spawns = pure wtfery.

and there's my problem...

vilmer_

Holy fuck. I think I made the mistake of prestiging and taking double xp over something else. Apparently you can keep a weapon you used?? I didn't see the option at all... From level 70-80 I was absolutely tearing it up with custom classes that I found best for my playstyle and actually got my KD ratio over 1 (lol) from like 0.8. I was starting to beast it now I'm using beginner weapons and perks and I'm getting absolutely destroyed. People are right when they say that level does matter. This is painful lol.

so my opinion on the campaign...I loved it. Yes it's all out Michael Bay, all style no substance and it's exactly what I want from CoD single player.

aristotle

wut the PS3 clan is only level 5 still. Come on, people.

I joined the PS3 clan but I haven't played with anyone yet. Add me guys, let me taste victory for once...

I tried to accept the clan invite thru Elite and it always gives an error like it can't find the next web page to load.

You all can add me yanno ;)

I forget who's all in my list actually. I need to add more people on my FL. I'll be resending invites in the next two days to everyone who hasn't joined/accepted their invites yet. Then maybe we'll be able to level it up more.

It shouldn't take me two days, but I work at a newspaper and the next two days will be hell for me in work hours. I'll do my best though to get those invites out again asap.

tigerin

Haha, I see plenty of people talk about how small/closed in/narrow the maps in this game are but when I think of the maps that are the opposite they're pretty universally hated. Skidrow was pretty cool. As was Favela, Terminal, Invasion, Salvage, Trailer Park...I think instead of picking those six maps that were in the code to bring back, they should've just made the two MW2 map packs compatible with this game.Voice chat volume's in MW3, I'm pretty sure, but music volume, as well as all of the other sound options was lost with Black Ops.You couldn't.They're aiming; you just don't see it 'cause it's a Theater Mode clip and they weren't host so it doesn't show them looking through the scope. Here's closer to what it would look like on their TV as they were doing it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKSUpWrZ7OoTheater Mode is where you can watch past matches you've had. If it says "On" next to the little camera next to your name in the pregame lobby, you've been recording games this whole time and can watch them in your vault. You can turn off "Theater Demo" in the Options menu on the Multiplayer menu.Takes too long to get a patch through the certification process.

do you know the guy's load out? i want to try it out for myself to see whether quickscoping is as easy as people made it out to be.

kuYuri

Holy fuck. I think I made the mistake of prestiging and taking double xp over something else. Apparently you can keep a weapon you used?? I didn't see the option at all... From level 70-80 I was absolutely tearing it up with custom classes that I found best for my playstyle and actually got my KD ratio over 1 (lol) from like 0.8. I was starting to beast it now I'm using beginner weapons and perks and I'm getting absolutely destroyed. People are right when they say that level does matter. This is painful lol.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever use your prestige token for Double XP if you plan on prestiging at least more than twice. Two hours of double XP is nothing and that goes by real quick. Maybe use it for Double weapon XP, but you should really be saving the tokens for Unlock Gear or extra custom classes.

Xux

do you know the guy's load out? i want to try it out for myself to see whether quickscoping is as easy as people made it out to be.
Barrett/L118/AS50/MSR with Quickdraw and maybe Steady Aim if you wanna go for no-scopez.

To quick scope, aim with your hip cross-hairs and pull the trigger as soon as you can see through the scope and have the cross-hairs on the enemy.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm done with this shit game - and I've played every iteration from COD4 to BLOPS off and on all year long until the next one came out. I just cannot fucking stand the maps and spawn system in this iteration. Zero map control, enemies respawing behind you...it's all bullshit, and I'm out.

It's easily the worst COD which is impressive considering the bullshit in MW2.

kuYuri

mfw I wasn't even enlisted in the competition. STUPID ELITE

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU sorry for making you guys play through it :(

Oh, so you're Newmanizor!

Lol, it's fine, I had fun playing Dom and it's better than playing with randoms. :D

Was getting annoyed at the randoms in that Seatown match.

tigerin

okay, just tried out the quick scope.......that shit was hard! it does takes skills. especially when u go against a guy with a submachine gun or assault rifle. one misstep and you're done. and you actually have to press the left the analogue stick to aim or else the sniper will go all over the places.

quickscopnig does takes skills.

X-Frame

I dont understand how you could fuck up the formula of Wolf: ET with more customization. How can you fuck that up? Unbelievable. Probably the most devastating thing for me this year in gaming was Brink.

My heart is still broken over Brink. You can't imagine how long I waited for that game, as EVERYTHING I read about it beforehand sounded perfect. But that didn't matter one bit once it shipped with beyond Gears-2 lag, awkward gameplay and horrific maps. Such a shame.

Twitter update:

I am glad they are going to keep updating. Really interested in what they have to say about the connections and why things are different from MW2. I don't remember things being so off in that game compared to this.

Voice chat volume's in MW3, I'm pretty sure, but music volume, as well as all of the other sound options was lost with Black Ops.

If you can find where the voice chat volume is that'd be great -- as all I see in Options are overall Game Volume.

Stuff like this is stupid, but of course -- I will take advantage since the CM is what I am ranking up to gold now anyway. :)

so why are you complaining? lol

because....... the maps suck. My ego or my skills have nothing to do with the quality of the maps, and I definitely wouldn't let either cloud my judgement. I've played enough FPS's to recognize the things that draws me to a map and what makes a map work.

tigerin

because....... the maps suck. My ego or my skills have nothing to do with the quality of the maps, and I definitely wouldn't let either cloud my judgement. I've played enough FPS's to recognize the things that draws me to a map and what makes a map work.

why the maps sucks tho? i've played a lot of shooters too and i can tell these kind of maps are pretty good for a cod game......unlike freaking black ops.

and it a first time i hear someone complained about the maps when they're good at the game, aren't u supposed to be out there destroying everyone with your beast-like skills?

This game's spawn system is absolute out of fucking control. Holy shit.

Black Ops launch had nothing on MW3's shit spawn system. Although I blame MW3's issues on horrible map design.

IW should do the community a favor and remove downturn from matchmaking; definitely the worst out of a bad group of maps.

really? downturn? Not nuketown-ish maps like dome? not shit like resistance that has no good shotgun routes? not carbon where instead of chokes points you have the entire middle 3rd of the map (going top to bottom) be a giant clusterfuck choke area?

Top Bottom