• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Ok, so it's possible I have an extra Elite code for the PS3.

When I went to Gamestop to pickup the game, for some reason they had me down for the PS3 version when I wanted the 360 one. The mistake wasn't caught until after I made the purchase so the original receipt had the PS3 code. The guy supposedly undid the error and printed me a new receipt with the 360 code. I just checked my Gamestop rewards account and see both the PS3 and 360 codes there.

So there's a very good chance this will not work, but if anyone wants to try using the code on their PS3 here you go.

taken

It's entirely possible that whatever the clerk did invalidated the code, so i'm not promising anything, but figured I would give it to you guys just in case.

If it does work please let us know.

Radec

Ok, so it's possible I have an extra Elite code for the PS3.

When I went to Gamestop to pickup the game, for some reason they had me down for the PS3 version when I wanted the 360 one. The mistake wasn't caught until after I made the purchase so the original receipt had the PS3 code. The guy supposedly undid the error and printed me a new receipt with the 360 code. I just checked my Gamestop rewards account and see both the PS3 and 360 codes there.

So there's a very good chance this will not work, but if anyone wants to try using the code on their PS3 here you go.

ET6R-ADNB-P8AC

It's entirely possible that whatever the clerk did invalidated the code, so i'm not promising anything, but figured I would give it to you guys just in case.

If it does work please let us know.

already consumed.

a quick gaffer or lurker perhaps? :p

Mayyhem

Yea, it's right around 2.6 or so, but goes up and down constantly. Being consistent in MW3 is rough, especially trying out different weapons like shotguns and playing alone almost all the time.

This

Prestiging is also really fucking up my KDR, went from 2.51 to 2.44 within the first 20 levels on prestige 2 -_-
semi stealth brag
but seriously, whenever I get used to a gun/set-up and start doing good with it, I get bored, change it up, and have a difficult time doing nearly as good as I was before. Much more-so then I did in previous CoD games. Oh well, when its not lagging its my favorite CoD since the 4th.

Playing against someone with a 3 bar connection just sucks. You shoot on your screen but on the killcam nothing is coming out of your gun.

Wow I just got my first MOAB. It was awesome...but once I called it in 75% of the other team instantly quit.

Sushen

Playing against someone with a 3 bar connection just sucks. You shoot on your screen but on the killcam nothing is coming out of your gun.

Yesterday, I saw a guy going 30-4 with 1 bar. I don't see me pulling such thing ever. The game occasionally freezing and stuttering even with 4 bar connection surely is annoying.

That makes me feel better about my shithouse MW3 ratio. You were running a 4kd in the last few COD's, yeah? Like you said, it does seem more difficult to maintain a high kd in this iteration.

It took me a couple of months to get up to a 1.0 in BLOPS, eventually finishing at around a 1.3.
Terribly impressive, I know
. I'm finding it a bit easier in MW3 actually....at a 1.1 now and steadily climbing.

Maybe it's tougher to maintain a higher KDR, but it's working for my skill level.

I'd even take the mansion/estate map from MW2 over a lot of these maps.

You take that back. You take that back right now.

Victrix

*beard*
Estate owns. Entire point of that map was sneaking into the house and murdering all the snipers with a shotgun, tac inserting upstairs, then doing it again.

R2D4

Banned

Wow I just got my first MOAB. It was awesome...but once I called it in 75% of the other team instantly quit.

But everyone usually has 3 bars. ?

Victrix

*beard*
But everyone usually has 3 bars. ?

Indeed. I enjoy dumping a third of an LMG magazine into someones back only to have them turn around and kill me.

1608286408.png

Clearly my connection isn't good enough or something.

aku:jiki

Indeed. I enjoy dumping a third of an LMG magazine into someones back only to have them turn around and kill me.

1608286408.png

Clearly my connection isn't good enough or something.
There's a going theory now that your connection being too good is the problem. Some people on YouTube and the CoD forums are thinking that this game (and Black Ops) has hysterical lag compensation, which in practice means that a laggy player can beast up a match but the guys with the best connections get owned.

Not sure if I believe it yet, but it doesn't sound completely false.

Welcome to cod on consoles
Yeah...no.

I'm sorry, but the incessant whining in this thread is just sad to watch. It's always excuses, lag, excuses, maps, excuses, 3 bars, killcams lie, etc.

I've never been one to look for excuses, and I play on a regular ol 4mb connection, with a 750 upload. I don't look for excuses, and therefore I accept that my own skill is the reason for whatever is happening to me. I generally only enter matches within the 50ms search though, and I do recommend others do the game for the best possible experience.

Regardless, stop looking for excuses and deal with it. If you don't like the game that is cool, but stop blaming your performances on the things I mentioned above. It's pathetic to watch.

I'm doing as well as I've ever done in any other COD game. In fact, slightly better and I'm Level 34 after my 1st prestige. My K/D is 1.45

I'm sorry, but the incessant whining in this thread is just sad to watch. It's always excuses, lag, excuses, maps, excuses, 3 bars, killcams lie, etc.

I've never been one to look for excuses, and I play on a regular ol 4mb connection, with a 750 upload. I don't look for excuses, and therefore I accept that my own skill is the reason for whatever is happening to me. I generally only enter matches within the 50ms search though, and I do recommend others do the game for the best possible experience.

Regardless, stop looking for excuses and deal with it. If you don't like the game that is cool, but stop blaming your performances on the things I mentioned above. It's pathetic to watch.

I'm doing as well as I've ever done in any other COD game. In fact, slightly better and I'm Level 34 after my 1st prestige. My K/D is 1.45
Those of you claiming that there isn't a lag problem in the game lost, because IW officially agrees with the rest of us:

fourzerotwo said:
Early morning #MW3 update meetings, lots of important stuff. I'll keep you posted once we wrap. Main priority: Address laggy connections.
fourzerotwo in response to "Is it possible to fix the lag?" said:
@chillman1992 This is the top priority for us currently @InfinityWard - we are talking with users, identifying the problem, and updating.
fourzerotwo in response to the jerkiness some are experiencing said:
@JoshLloyd231 Yes, this is one of the symptoms we aim to address when I say we'll be addressing "laggy" gameplay for some users.
fourzerotwo in response to a matchmaking/lag question said:
@VictorBilan Updates to improve this should be included in the updates hitting this week (hopefully). Its something that's important to us.

Can we please stop claiming that this game doesn't suffer from lag now?

Sushen

So, you're the proof that shitty connection working for your advantage, huh?

Colocho

Banned
How is the SP campaign compared to COD4 and MW2? I enjoyed both of those very much, not because they were particularly very good, but the cinematic experience, explosions and all of that mumbo jumbo (at 60fps no less), makes it pretty awesome IMO.

Those of you claiming that there isn't a lag problem in the game lost, because IW officially agrees with the rest of us:

Can we please stop claiming that this game doesn't suffer from lag now?

I have not suggested that this game doesn't suffer from lag? You know why? Because every freaking online game we play has lag. It's just a matter of how well the game handles it. As I just stated in my previous post, if you limit your searches to 50ms matches, this game feels just like MW2 to me lag wise.

Lag always exists, and the kill cam in this game just happens to provide people who love excuses with *proof* that lag is the reason they were just killed. The kill cam is never going to show you exactly what you saw, because the game has to compensate for the differences that exist between you and your opponents.

What FourZeroTwo is likely referring to when he says they're working on fixing "laggy connections", is making the matchmaking more intelligently favor 50ms connections, and place people in those lobbies better.

So, you're the proof that shitty connection working for your advantage, huh?

Yes, because the game likes me better, and it likes you less. I've talked to the people at IW to set it up that way for me.

What FourZeroTwo is likely referring to when he says they're working on fixing "laggy connections", is making the matchmaking more intelligently favor 50ms connections, and place people in those lobbies better.
I don't think you're right, but even if you are; how does that make you right? If the game is putting people into improperly matchmade games, how are we "making excuses" when that happens? You're contradicting yourself pretty heavily. Either you acknowledge that the game has lag issues, regardless if they have their source in the base netcode or just the matchmaking, or you're saying that we make excuses for every death. Make up your mind, man.

PSYGN

I'm a run & gunner on a 2-bar connection (Verizon 3G). I have about 1.5 kdr and get around 20 kills... a lot of bullshit deaths, but what can I do as I'm stuck here in the countryside with 3G being the only way I can play online.

Does anyone know a good run & gunner TDM MW3 player on YouTube? Because it's not working for me. I get 350 score per minute and 2kdr on TDM Black Ops. In this game it seems people like to play defensively and they seem to spawn behind me as I scout out the area to flank them.

I think I'm going to try sticking to kill confirmed. TDM doesn't work so well for run & gunners with these maps, or maybe just me?

DiZ_O

Banned
Surely this can't be, but my goodness does it feel like it.
I love playing with the UMP45, and for some reason people drop differently in different rooms. In one room, I can just unload on a guy, he won't drop and he'll just pop me instantly and then it's the other way around in a different room, where I will drop a guy within a split second. We're all on skype with the guys, and after the first kill, I'll be like "Yup, these guys will drop", and subsequently get a really good KDR in that game.

It's so freaking weird.

I don't think you're right, but even if you are; how does that make you right? If the game is putting people into improperly matchmade games, how are we "making excuses" when that happens? You're contradicting yourself pretty heavily. Either you acknowledge that the game has lag issues, regardless if they have their source in the base netcode or just the matchmaking, or you're saying that we make excuses for every death. Make up your mind, man.

No, I'm not contradicting myself at all actually.

If you search only under 50ms matches, which it often doesn't find one on it's first attempt, it quickly goes to 75ms, and then quickly to 100ms.

Many people will just wait til the game places them, and it's likely going to be 75 or 100ms matches. If you're not paying attention to this stuff you're likely to experience a lot more laggy matches.

If however, the matchmaking places people better in 50ms matches more often, those who aren't paying attention are going to find the lag acceptable, as I already have.

So in other words, in my opinion, if you're searching ONLY under 50ms matches right now, you're going to find lag very similar to all the previous COD games this gen, as I have.

Of course there are the occasional instances where someone kills me rather suddenly, and it's likely lag played a part in that, but that has existed in all the COD games this gen. I've played them all enough to know.

No, I'm not contradicting myself at all actually.
Yes, you're still very much contradicting yourself.

If someone knows what lag is, but doesn't know what "50ms" means or even that they should be looking there... How are they "making excuses" when they express dissatisfaction with the lag? Again; either you acknowledge that there's a lag/matchmaking issue, regardless of what it is, or you're saying that everyone's a crybaby that can't handle losing. You can't say both, because that makes no fucking sense.

It's so freaking weird.
I'm really confused. What's weird about different hosts having different levels of ping?

Xater

For some reason the game had less lag for when it was running with the launch day patch. With the latest patch I can rarely use a shotgun.

Yes, you're still very much contradicting yourself.

If someone knows what lag is, but doesn't know what "50ms" means or even that they should be looking there... How are they "making excuses" when they express dissatisfaction with the lag? Again; either you acknowledge that there's a lag/matchmaking issue, regardless of what it is, or you're saying that everyone's a crybaby that can't handle losing. You can't say both, because that makes no fucking sense.

If one doesn't pay attention to the matchmaking placing them in 50ms matches, than they're likely to experience more lag than others, like myself, who only play in 50ms matches.

However, people do look for excuses. I never said this was just about lag. People just use that excuse too, or talk about the killcam, which is always going to be slightly different than what they saw. People have also been blaming the maps, etc.

Dabanton

I'm a run & gunner on a 2-bar connection (Verizon 3G). I have about 1.5 kdr and get around 20 kills... a lot of bullshit deaths, but what can I do as I'm stuck here in the countryside with 3G being the only way I can play online.

Does anyone know a good run & gunner TDM MW3 player on YouTube? Because it's not working for me. I get 350 score per minute and 2kdr on TDM Black Ops. In this game it seems people like to play defensively and they seem to spawn behind me as I scout out the area to flank them.

I think I'm going to try sticking to kill confirmed. TDM doesn't work so well for run & gunners with these maps, or maybe just me?

I play Run and Gunner style on TDM, I find it still works for me on most maps. I do play Hard Core TDM more though.

screenshot2011-11-23a5rubv.png

I find 'Range' added to the PP90 is very helpful. I took it off the other day and was losing more one on ones, because of it.

I rush straight in most players are simply not expecting you. Plus the PP90 is excellent for taking out 1 and 2 and 3 enemies at the same time, if you get a a clean spray off.

I like to smoke an area. I notice not a lot of CoD players use Smoke. I find it creates a nice distraction that allows me to get into other areas unnoticed especially good if an enemy team is holding down a area as they get paranoid that there going to get rushed.

Danneee

How is the SP campaign compared to COD4 and MW2? I enjoyed both of those very much, not because they were particularly very good, but the cinematic experience, explosions and all of that mumbo jumbo (at 60fps no less), makes it pretty awesome IMO.

Not as well made and fun as the first two, though not bad by any means. Just not as good.

Its awesome, although the music was so much better in MW2. Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe really blew me away with that soundtrack, so much so that I bought the soundtrack when it came out. So its tough to play the game without them on for that role. Dont get me wrong, the soundtrack is good, but it pales in comparison to MW2s. Other than that, the campaign is awesome and is exactly what you're looking for.

X-Frame

Wow, the PS3 version looks way, way worse than the 360 version.

My brother brought his PS3 version over and we played it and saying that I instantly noticed large differences would be an understatement. I do not remember the PS3 version being so much worse for MW2.

harrytang

Any spots left in the elite Gaf clan? I'm an elite member so I can add my 500xp to the total. Not a bad player either.

Xbl tag: myopicmossberg

Nabs

So I picked this up on PC and I'm actually liking it. I raged while playing MW2, so I expected that to carry over with this game. Kill Confirmed is fun, and I'm enjoying the maps so far.

Anyone else having problems loading their friends replays in Vault?
I keep getting an error on one(his only one) of my brother's replays.
"Out of memory 7"
I should add that I'm on PS3.

Eh, MW3's campaign was enjoyable, but it was definitely the weakest of the three Modern Warfare games. It's a complete and total retread of MW2 only without the cool levels, characters, or end sequence.

Seriously. I was astounded by how lame MW3's ending was, especially in comparison to the brilliant COD4 and MW2.

Eh, MW3's campaign was enjoyable, but it was definitely the weakest of the three Modern Warfare games. It's a complete and total retread of MW2 only without the cool levels, characters, or end sequence.

Seriously. I was astounded by how lame MW3's ending was, especially in comparison to the brilliant COD4 and MW2.

What? The only thing MW2 has on MW3 is the Missions where you fight in America. Everything else is vastly inferior.

Top Bottom