• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

bRFqG.jpg

X-Frame

53-1 Easy Killstreaks by Maximilian - Modern Warfare 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNP-cXbAFk

Just a quick vid going over some easier methods to get killstreaks, and how crazy it can get with recycling assault killstreaks.

I've been doing Predator/Chopper/and then whatever my final one is and it hasn't been going very well.

The chopper was fine during the first week but now that everyone has Stinger's and realizes that shooting it down is so easy and gives you points towards your killstreak it never survives long.

I would do Predator/Reaper but half of the maps have so much shit in it that the Reaper doesn't seem effective -- but I suppose if all you're looking for is getting 3+ kills I guess it would work.

Nice video Max. I really need to force myself to use the stinger...but that means I won't have my precious FMGs. Decisions, decisions.

I love running around with the Akimbo FMG's but as soon as an enemy chopper is called in I immediately regret that decision. It's just so annoying for me as a run 'n' gunner to have shit in the sky all the time.

I've probably shot down about 500 UAV's already.

Radec

Yea, it's right around 2.6 or so, but goes up and down constantly. Being consistent in MW3 is rough, especially trying out different weapons like shotguns and playing alone almost all the time.

it is hard.

and people now seems to know how to use a stinger all the time. i called in like 3 pavelows last night and it got shut down 5 secs in the air lol.

Meadows

Banned
That killstreak video is great, but not if you're going against competent players. Also Village is one of the hardest levels to find cover in, but still that was a good watch.

kuYuri

Whether your air support gets shot down is really just dependent on the people/parties you run into. Some games you end up dominating with them cause no one wants to shoot it down and other times, it becomes someone's mission to shoot them down.

Yea, it's right around 2.6 or so, but goes up and down constantly. Being consistent in MW3 is rough, especially trying out different weapons like shotguns and playing alone almost all the time.

Really? Whenever I see you online, you're almost always in a party, heh.

SmokeMaxX

kick, if you wanted range you'd go for an ACR (I'd go for two attachments though, probably Red Dot and Heartbeat)

Eh, range. The MP7 has very little recoil and only kicks upwards. That's easy to compensate for unless you're aiming for their head. SMGs are weak at a distance, so it's better to get more range before damage drop off.

Meadows

Banned
Eh, range. The MP7 has very little recoil and only kicks upwards. That's easy to compensate for unless you're aiming for their head. SMGs are weak at a distance, so it's better to get more range before damage drop off.

I just think that if you're playing an SMG class like you should be then you're never really giving yourself the chance to get into that 1v1 medium/long range distance shoot-off that you'll inevitably lose against an AR/Sniper. If you play it well then you're sticking in corridors/alleyways and moving across sightlines minimally and if necessary, with a view to do it as quickly as possible, possibly popping off a couple of flashbangs to give you a couple of seconds.

If you wanted to get into those situations then you'd go for an all round AR.

How do I join the GAF clan? I'm already a part of the group on Elite.

XBL: SEBattleship

Nvm, found the community thread.

Anyone down for some games?

hamchan

53-1 Easy Killstreaks by Maximilian - Modern Warfare 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNP-cXbAFk

Just a quick vid going over some easier methods to get killstreaks, and how crazy it can get with recycling assault killstreaks.

Hmm I might change to Predator > Reaper > AC130 like you recommend. I've been using Attack Copter and that's just been getting shot out of the sky only getting a kill or two. I'm happy that people are actually doing this though, makes for way less crap in the air.

So I just finished the SP campaign, and I don't know if I was just in the right frame of mind this time or what, but that was....fun! It was so over the top and EXTREME like a Tony Scott & Bay film merged into a super war, but it was such a well done over the top action campaign it was fun to roll with it. Also I could see enemies in this campaign more than ones in the past (thank god they toned down the red jelly on the screen) and they actually did wrap up the story of the "trilogy".

Once I work down some of my backlog I think i'll take a veteran run of the game to experience it again. I haven't done that since COD2!

Because I've had so much fun in this I've actually been tempted to try out the multiplayer (yea yea I'm an anomaly). I've never played COD multiplayrer in the past due to a) i'm not the best FPS multiplayer and b) the whole leveling up competitive system always seemed intimidating. I felt like once i joined i'd get destroyed in seconds by all these people that know what to do and are better skilled at the game. Is there good sites or places to do research? I don't even know the whole perk system, optimal load outs, etc. :)

Because I've had so much fun in this I've actually been tempted to try out the multiplayer (yea yea I'm an anomaly). I've never played COD multiplayrer in the past due to a) i'm not the best FPS multiplayer and b) the whole leveling up competitive system always seemed intimidating. I felt like once i joined i'd get destroyed in seconds by all these people that know what to do and are better skilled at the game. Is there good sites or places to do research? I don't even know the whole perk system, optimal load outs, etc. :)

Just start playing and not worry about your score as you figure it out. The one thing CoD is great at is rewarding you for doing absolutely anything (even dying).

Just start playing and not worry about your score as you figure it out. The one thing CoD is great at is rewarding you for doing absolutely anything (even dying).

How can you not worry about your KDR? It's the first thing they ask me when I'm applying for a job or a loan.

Now for some serious talk. I never played games online before MW2. It's easy to pick up and fun even if you are dying a lot. I eventually turned the tides and spent over 150 hours on MW2 MP alone. It's quite fun if you don't let KDR or some minor stuff get in the way of enjoying a GAME.

Radec

But seeing those "MVP" "IMMORTAL" "OMNICIDE" "JUGGERNAUT" ect.. awards are the best! :p

Game is fun when playing with familiar players.

Sean

Banned

A lot of the perks and guns don't unlock until you're a higher level so no point in stressing about that stuff right away, just play and put some time in until you learn the map layouts and find a weapon/play style that you're comfortable with first.

There's always the killcam (to see how you died) and death streak perks and ability to respawn instantly which lessens the frustration.

That killstreak video is great, but not if you're going against competent players. Also Village is one of the hardest levels to find cover in, but still that was a good watch.

I think there is plenty of cover on Village. In my opinion it is one of the better designed maps in the game that has a decent flow that supports both passive and aggressive play styles. With that said, given the tight corridors of the majority of the other maps, i can see how Village can feel considerably different.

That makes me feel better about my shithouse MW3 ratio. You were running a 4kd in the last few COD's, yeah? Like you said, it does seem more difficult to maintain a high kd in this iteration.

tigerin

I went over why I hated the maps earlier, I'll find what I said and repost it later if I can find it

Do you automatically assume that everyone who complains about the maps suck? There are some good players here saying the same thing I'm saying. I mean, I'm a worse Gears of War player than I am at CoD, but I find the maps on Gears to be incredibly fun to play on and expertly crafted.....unlike in CoD, the game where I'm better at.

I do agree that the initial maps in Black ops were dull, just too straightforward for their own good, but still better than what MW3 is offering right now

Kind of, usually people complains about the game because they're suck at it. shit.....even my friends who suck at the game complained less than you guys.

and gears multiplayer are boring btw. maps are pretty boring and team deathmatch only has 4 vs. 4. half of the people uses shotgun. there a reason why cod is play more than gears.

if you guys want bigger maps, go play battlefield or something. these maps in cod here are pretty good for a gun to gun action. one of the reason why i hated mw2 was because of big maps like derail which took like 30 seconds to get to the other side. it's kool when you have a vehicle, but damn, i don't want to sprint all the way there just to get snipe by the same dude who camped in the same spot.

So does IW know whether or not they want to let me crouch-walk quietly? The latest patch seems to have made crouch walking make footstep sounds again.

Ilive1up

i can't receive invites from friends when i play this game on the 360. and when i try to send them invites, they can't accept them.

what's the deal? why is this happening now? it was perfect for the first few weeks.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So does IW know whether or not they want to let me crouch-walk quietly? The latest patch seems to have made crouch walking make footstep sounds again.
I mentioned this last page, but it looks like they reverted to the previous title update. Apparently the one from over the weekend made things worse, lag-wise.

Kind of, usually people complains about the game because they're suck at it. shit.....even my friends who suck at the game complained less than you guys.

and gears multiplayer are boring btw. maps are pretty boring and team deathmatch only has 4 vs. 4. half of the people uses shotgun. there a reason why cod is play more than gears.

if you guys want bigger maps, go play battlefield or something. these maps in cod here are pretty good for a gun to gun action. one of the reason why i hated mw2 was because of big maps like derail which took like 30 seconds to get to the other side. it's kool when you have a vehicle, but damn, i don't want to sprint all the way there just to get snipe by the same dude who camped in the same spot.

So I have to like a game totally and ignore the flaws that hold it back? I complain because the the drawbacks to game are obvious and are a step back from previous iterations of the series. I complain because the game offers top notch gunplay but I have to put up with bs to enjoy it. So I'm gonna complain because I'm not fully satisfied with my purchase.

of course I want gun on gun action, but I want each encounter I'm in to be thoughtful and satisfying. Most encounters in game is usually some sort of an ambush. Whether you're camping a corner of the room waiting for someone to come in, or you're turning a blind corner on someone to shoot them, or you're flanking them, shooting someone in the back or side; hardly satisfying. It's mostly due to the maps because of all the small, cramped rooms and corners spread about in the maps

I'm not asking for bigger maps either, just ones that are well designed. frequent encounters aren't the issue, I welcome them really, it's just that the encounters in game aren't really varied and come in an awkward fashion because of the maps; there isn't alot of spacing to be found in the maps, and to make it worse, there is usually some random object protruding out from somewhere that makes navigating the map more of a pain( the objects in question don't even act as cover either, they're more for decoration than anything, useless decorations is all they are). Oh, and to a lesser degree, spawning is an issue. I don't wanna be forced to play an awkward style just to be successful, it's not fun that way.

I got a few more reasons, but i'll stop, don't want to rant.

This game just seems designed for the ADD generation of kids now who just wants shit to happen, no matter how it happens

Fantasmo

So I have to like a game totally and ignore the flaws that hold it back? I complain because the the drawbacks to game are obvious and are a step back from previous iterations of the series. I complain because the game offers top notch gunplay but I have to put up with bs to enjoy it. So I'm gonna complain because I'm not fully satisfied with my purchase.

of course I want gun on gun action, but I want each encounter I'm in to be thoughtful and satisfying. Most encounters in game is usually some sort of an ambush. Whether you're camping a corner of the room waiting for someone to come in, or you're turning a blind corner on someone to shoot them, or you're flanking them, shooting someone in the back or side; hardly satisfying. It's mostly due to the maps because of all the small, cramped rooms and corners spread about in the maps

I'm not asking for bigger maps either, just ones that are well designed. frequent encounters aren't the issue, I welcome them really, it's just that the encounters in game aren't really varied and come in an awkward fashion because of the maps; there isn't alot of spacing to be found in the maps, and to make it worse, there is usually some random object protruding out from somewhere that makes navigating the map more of a pain( the objects in question don't even act as cover either, they're more for decoration than anything, useless decorations is all they are). Oh, and to a lesser degree, spawning is an issue. I don't wanna be forced to play an awkward style just to be successful, it's not fun that way.

I got a few more reasons, but i'll stop, don't want to rant.

This game just seems designed for the ADD generation of kids now who just wants shit to happen, no matter how it happens
Health is too low. You can get away maybe 1 time out of 10th even when near cover

Oozer3993

After toiling for many a night in low kdr "splendor" I have finally unlocked the Type 95. It is wonderful. The very first thing I did with it was run off a 7 kill streak. To put that in perspective, I get 7 kill streaks about as often as Northwestern goes to the Rose Bowl. I think I am in love with it.
It's so getting nerfed within the next month.

Reave

Spawning 10ft away from where I just died is getting old... fast. Nothing like getting killed three seconds after I drop back in.

Top Bottom