• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Has a CoD ever had so many accessible exploits? WaW, BO and MW2 had their share, but MW3 is taking the piss. I'm so over Infinity Ward and their arse-backwards post-launch support.

MW2 was way worse imo. Jav-glitch and the infinite care package glitch seemed to be way more rampant then the B-2 and outpost glitches.

EDIT-lol, just saw the posts about the weird speed matches. and then my brother comes and tells me he got into a game that was really slow.

MercuryLS

Banned
Type 95 + Red Dot + Rapid Fire is the best gun the game point blank period.

Seriously, this shit is beast mode, at mid range it's 1 burst, at long range it's 2. This thing is so accurate that I get headshots most of the time even at long range, so it's 1 burst in that case. Just amazing. I've been dominating ever since I switched to this gun.

hamchan

Alright we need more people in the PS3 GAF Clan. If you would like to join, go here and say so or send me a PM on neogaf.

MW3 Community/Clan thread

We'll be having more group games tonight starting around 8pm Central. I may start a little bit earlier, but they will definitely be going on around 8pm. We always have a great time playing as a group and I can safely say we've only played one bad game in the weeks since MW3 released. We'd love to see people there who are new. you don't have to a great KDR or anything. We play to have fun and we always do.

Hope to see you online!

Sounds good. Even though I'm probably only gonna get a 2 bar connection it should be fun.

Type 95 + Red Dot + Rapid Fire is the best gun the game point blank period.

Seriously, this shit is beast mode, at mid range it's 1 burst, at long range it's 2. This thing is so accurate that I get headshots most of the time even at long range, so it's 1 burst in that case. Just amazing. I've been dominating ever since I switched to this gun.

You're better off using the silencer and rapid fire. Does the same damage and keeps you off the radar :)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I haven't played today, but wow, the slow/fast lobbies sound like they're getting pretty widespread already. I'm assuming that the average person has no idea that it "infects" them and wouldn't think of just restarting their game, thus it'll just keep spreading and spreading...

I really hope they can fix this quickly, but it's going to be at least a few days. Christ.

sleepykyo

Has anyone else noticed that when you prestige your stats get screwed up on the leaderboards? My matches played, average kills, etc.

Yes, but I just assumed it was a PS3 "quirk". Still averaging a 100 kills per game would be awesome compared to my actual average of 10.

On another note, how should domination go? And does it vary by map? It seems like C on Arkaden on Ground War is the losing capture point. At least with randoms, I'm sure a solid team could win with BC, but I haven't seen it happen yet.

hamchan

Yes, but I just assumed it was a PS3 "quirk". Still averaging a 100 kills per game would be awesome compared to my actual average of 10.

On another note, how should domination go? And does it vary by map? It seems like C on Arkaden on Ground War is the losing capture point. At least with randoms, I'm sure a solid team could win with BC, but I haven't seen it happen yet.

You should be aiming to cap 2 out of 3 flags in domination, as it's easier to defend and you can predict the spawns of the other team. Only take the 3rd if your team is way behind and you need to catch up, or if you're super confident that the other team sucks. Also yeah, what flags to cap depends on what maps you're playing.

X-Frame

What's the best way to take out a Recon Drone (besides knifing it)?

I've never shot one down with my Stinger because the first shot gets diverted because it has flares (somewhere) on it and then it flies behind cover. Does it take 2 Stinger shots? Weak against gunfire?

Xux

The AS50's so frustrating. I held my breath and lined up four shots against a stationary target and none of them hit. I watched it in Theater mode and the crosshairs were lined up and in slow-mo the bullet seemed to go right through the guy. Watched it with the camera near him and the bullets seemed to be going 7 feet to his left or hitting the ground in front of him. The Barrett has identical damage and recoil stats but the bullets seem to hit. :(

At least the RSASS is as good as it seemed from the stats and dicking around in split-screen. Just have to try the MSR before I pick one to get gold Stability/Thermal for first.
It's gonna be the RSASS.

I've never shot one down with my Stinger because the first shot gets diverted because it has flares (somewhere) on it and then it flies behind cover. Does it take 2 Stinger shots? Weak against gunfire?
It takes about five bullets from an AR. I take em down all the time.

eek5

It doesn't have flares. It's just really fast and can outmaneuver a locked on rocket

Mega Man

I played a super speedy match earlier today. Didn't do too bad in it actually... Did anyone compete on elite tonight? I ended 5 slots from gold :-/

X-Frame

It takes about five bullets from an AR. I take em down all the time.

5 bullets? Damn, that's nothing. Though I will admit I rarely ever tried actually shooting at them. I assume this will be easier for me now that I am running Blind Eye Pro on most of my classes (damn Predator missiles ALWAYS FIND ME).

It doesn't have flares. It's just really fast and can outmaneuver a locked on rocket

Really? The few times I shot at them I could've sworn they had flares. I obviously was seeing things.

SmokeMaxX

Just range, a silencer isn't worth the range drop-off to me

Well, it's sorta both. Most guns do a maximum damage, a drop off, then a minimum damage. A silencer just makes the drop off occur at a shorter range.
So you're still doing 50/drop off/30 (for example) but with a silencer, you'll get the 30 at 20 feet instead of 40 feet.

All made up numbers to prove a point. Most guns still shoot at unlimited distance so range isn't REALLY decreased but kinda is since you lose damage at longer ranges. Guns still shoot their minimum damage so damage isn't REALLY decreased, but kinda is since (once again) you're losing damage at longer ranges.

Mayyhem

First laggy matches then I stumble onto some fucking slow-ass matrix gameplay lobby. Turned off the xbox. I'm done with this game.

Has a CoD ever had so many accessible exploits? WaW, BO and MW2 had their share, but MW3 is taking the piss. I'm so over Infinity Ward and their arse-backwards post-launch support.

MW2 is far and away the worst, probably followed by World at War, it had more than its share of map glitches. But really nothing compares to MW2. I haven't seen a single MW3 glitch. On PC they had some infinite stealth bomb glitch but it's patched I guess.

So how do I join the PS3 NeoGaf clan? I know xinoart sent me an invite nd I thought I accepted it but I don't see it online anywhere.

I believe they are accepted via the elite website under invites. If you have accepted the invite then go to the "connect" tab and hit the Neogaf tab and check out the clan. Welcome to the clan!

frK3x.jpg

Is this shit fucking for real or just a scam?

DarkFlow

Banned
This game is getting unplayable at some points. 60FPS sounds great and all when it works but I'm getting a ALOT of 0FPS now. It freezes up for like 3 secs, I'll move a foot then it repeats. It's starting to do this a lot now, and It's not my ps3 since none of my other games do this.

nomis

You can tell if you are infected with the slow-mo lobby, because your menu music and button sound effects will be at 50% speed. Back out to the main menu before you continue playing.

sleepykyo

This game is getting unplayable at some points. 60FPS sounds great and all when it works but I'm getting a ALOT of 0FPS now. It freezes up for like 3 secs, I'll move a foot then it repeats. It's starting to do this a lot now, and It's not my ps3 since none of my other games do this.

Who(m)ever was responsible for the PS3 version of MW and MW2 must have left for Respawn.

Question about my TV setup. It is a 32" Hitachi Flatscreen. It is wall mounted and 2 feet higher than my eye level and I watch it at an angle of about 35 degrees based on furniture setup. Viewing distance is about 6-7 feet and I'm sitting on a reclining chair, but play in an upright position.

I played a few games by standing in front of the screen at a distance of two feet and I feel it is easier for me to spot enemies on the screen compared to when I'm sitting down. Just an FYI that image quality doesn't degrade when viewing at an angle. Can anyone confirm if current problem is due to the height or viewing the screen from an angle?

Are my suspicions correct that viewing the screen from the front gives me better visibility on enemies? Haven't had issues with other games (non FPS).

I think the P90 might be my new standard gun. Not because it's the most effective or high powered thing, but it just feels right. Works well together with my kamikaze approach to combat, too.

Sort of bored with the Type 95 already. Yeah, it's a bit powerful, but it's just boooooring. Can't play with a gun just for its stats.

I dont see many people talk about the FAD. maybe cause you get it at 68 and most people prestige so they dont use it for long or at all? I love this gun.

Does it freeze up exactly 4 times in a row? Because that happens to me occasionally on 360.

Well, it's sorta both. Most guns do a maximum damage, a drop off, then a minimum damage. A silencer just makes the drop off occur at a shorter range.
So you're still doing 50/drop off/30 (for example) but with a silencer, you'll get the 30 at 20 feet instead of 40 feet.

All made up numbers to prove a point. Most guns still shoot at unlimited distance so range isn't REALLY decreased but kinda is since you lose damage at longer ranges. Guns still shoot their minimum damage so damage isn't REALLY decreased, but kinda is since (once again) you're losing damage at longer ranges.

Well that's what I meant, I guess I should've elaborated I what I said lol.

I think the P90 might be my new standard gun. Not because it's the most effective or high powered thing, but it just feels right. Works well together with my kamikaze approach to combat, too.

Sort of bored with the Type 95 already. Yeah, it's a bit powerful, but it's just boooooring. Can't play with a gun just for its stats.

Yup, all the guns in the game are just too awesome to just stick with one thing because it's effective.

AEGISX

Banned
I dont see many people talk about the FAD. maybe cause you get it at 68 and most people prestige so they dont use it for long or at all? I love this gun.

very first gun i unlock with token. kinda regret i did it when i get killed while reloading. i was debating whether unlock acr or fad, i ended up with fad because not too many people are using it.

Top Bottom