• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

PS_John

Neo Member
MP7 is fucking awesome, too bad I'm about to prestige and it'll take me another 20 odd hours of gameplay to get it. Really want an extra custom class though.

Oh, and am I right in thinking that if I prestige in MW2 then I'll get a token in MW3? My profile is sitting on lvl70 so I may as well.

If you prestige and then play one match you should get the token. I did it last week, took a few days for the token to appear though.

wow, the LMGs need a big buff in this game. It should just the M60 do 50 damage at any range and make the other LMGs do 50 damage dropping to 35 damage for low RoF guns and 40 damage dropping to 30 damage for High RoF guns.

Or they could reduce the ridiculous recoil on the guns to the point where if you use kick OR grip it has AR recoil.

An L96 with speed, SoH, quickdraw, steady aim (all pro) and a red dot sight should function as an AR with more damage and less perks, not an AR with less damage and huge recoil. And right now you will literally have easier long range kills with SMGs than with LMGs.

Xux

Yeah, the insanity of the MW2 LMGs probably scared them into nerfing them this bad. People overestimated how useful 100 round magazines are and the guns lost their niche of strong, accurate long range fire. They really don't offer anything over the ACR or the G36C which fill the role better.

hoverX

OK, so is there a website that acts as a primer for MW3? This is the first COD game i've played and needless to say i'm having trouble getting more than 1 or 2 kills per game. I'm reading this thread and I have no idea what you're talking about.

MP7 is fucking awesome, too bad I'm about to prestige and it'll take me another 20 odd hours of gameplay to get it. Really want an extra custom class though.

Oh, and am I right in thinking that if I prestige in MW2 then I'll get a token in MW3? My profile is sitting on lvl70 so I may as well.

Run the ump45 (recon) starting class until you unlock dual attachements, silencer, and red dot. Problem kinda-ish solved.

Xux

even if you buff the LMG's, they still may be to cumbersome to actually be effective with in game.
They'd probably be about as common as MW2 LMGs (ya know, not very common). Same if they buffed pistols up to MW2 levels or even MW2+Stopping Power levels; people would just use the easier to use guns.

even if you buff the LMG's, they still may be to cumbersome to actually be effective with in game.

But that's the point. They are supposed to be the weapons you use to take out groups of people at a distance. All three LMGs in CoD4 were incredible. The RPD was a low RoF, Low recoil gun that had no sway and with stopping power could two hit kill someone at any distance. The M249 had even less recoil and had a high rate of fire. It even would have SMG hipfire if you used steady aim and the grip attachment. The M60 was the gun that you didn't need stopping power for because at SMG range it did 50 damage per bullet. And the RPD and M60 could take out a helicopter with a single magazine.

The MW2 LMGs were okay, not as good as the CoD4 guns, but still viable, especially with the introduction of dual attachments. There were issues though, such as the assault rifles being too good at long range compared to LMGs and the silencers simply making the guns always take another bullet to get the kill rather than just make them have a mid-range dropoff.

In MW3 all of the LMGs have recoil that makes them a crapshoot at long ranges even with grip and kick and because of the dropoff you don't even do a decent amount of damage at long range. I will give IW credit though. They made it easy to take down air support with an LMG and blindeye.

Btw, has anyone done the hybrid scope glitch? A friend of mine showed me a way to make your character hold your gun weird using the a glitch the the hammer/hybrid scope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci1292UtyvM

The guy in video thinks you need a specific weapon to do the glitch but it pretty much works as long as you have sleight of hand and a a weapon with either the hammer scope or hybrid scope. It makes some funny positions and has a weird effect on the reloads.

Can't get online at all. Website says it's functioning correctly and looks like PSN isn't down either.

szDxB.png

Tried playing a few special ops games on solo but I still get the above messages. Why is it trying to access the server when i'm trying to play offline?

Anyone else on PS3 having issues?

vilmer_

The fack? Anyone else having issues not being able to connect to the online portions of the game? I keep getting errors saying that "the call of duty modern warfare 3 server is not available at this time." This on the PS3 version.

lionelhutz

Can't get online at all. Website says it's functioning correctly and looks like PSN isn't down either.

Tried playing a few special ops games on solo but I still get the above messages. Why is it trying to access the server when i'm trying to play offline?

Anyone else on PS3 having issues?

The fack? Anyone else having issues not being able to connect to the online portions of the game? I keep getting errors saying that "the call of duty modern warfare 3 server is not available at this time." This on the PS3 version.

360 here and XBL is down for me. When it was up I couldn't use party chat or connect to a friend's game.

xbox.com says there is a service alert but doesn't provide any other info.

vilmer_

360 here and XBL is down for me. When it was up I couldn't use party chat or connect to a friend's game.

xbox.com says there is a service alert but doesn't provide any other info.

Oh man :/ According to the service status from their site here it looks like everything should be ok. This bites! lol

Lol, you couldn't really see it until I moved forward a bit and set it off :p Oddly enough I don't check for enemy claymores when I've just spawned!

You will check for them now! :p

Had my fair share of shite spawns last night, my one gripe with the game at the moment if I ignore the fact I dislike pretty much all the maps.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It's ridiculously easy to get an AC-130 in Domination, especially when using Hardline.

Capture first point, get 3 kills, kill 2 people with Predator Missile, call in Attack Helicopter, instant AC-130.

I find it crazy how no one bothers to shoot down Attack Helicopters.
I'd say that in about 75% of the matches I play, I'm the only one on my team shooting air support down. I'm convinced that the average player doesn't realize that it adds a point to your streak, or else more people would be doing it. It's fine with me, though — they can continue to get killed by weak-ass attack helicopters while I get free streak points and XP.

rezuth

I'd say that in about 75% of the matches I play, I'm the only one on my team shooting air support down. I'm convinced that the average player doesn't realize that it adds a point to your streak, or else more people would be doing it. It's fine with me, though — they can continue to get killed by weak-ass attack helicopters while I get free streak points and XP.

Me too, the stinger gives me two free points towards my killstreaks.
So what is the status on the controller symbol clan tags on the 360?

What is IW's plan for them?
Patch is coming, so far you can report them for exploiting and they will have their stats set back when they made the exploited clan tag.

X-Frame

Patch is coming, so far you can report them for exploiting and they will have their stats set back when they made the exploited clan tag.

Good to know. Yes, I have been reporting them relentlessly.

The part where they stats will be reset is crazy though -- there will be a million crying kids.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Why do we hate the buttons in the clan tags again? I think it looks pretty good.
I think it looks terrible, and they're distracting in-game (it's bad enough that we don't have the feature from BO where we can make player names more minimal). I'm annoyed that IW still hasn't done anything about it, so I report every single person I see using one. I don't think they'll do anything about it (that threat is probably just smoke and mirrors to scare people), but I'm spamming their report player feature until it's fixed. It's less about actually wanting these kids to be punished and more about trying to send a message to IW to get their fucking act together.

I think it looks terrible, and they're distracting in-game (it's bad enough that we don't have the feature from BO where we can make player names more minimal). I'm annoyed that IW still hasn't done anything about it, so I report every single person I see using one. I don't think they'll do anything about it (that threat is probably just smoke and mirrors to scare people), but I'm spamming their report player feature until it's fixed. It's less about actually wanting these kids to be punished and more about trying to send a message to IW to get their fucking act together.

Aren't we supposed to report them?

vatstep

Aren't we supposed to report them?
Yes, but like I said I'm just not convinced that any bans will actually be handed out — seems like it might just be a scare tactic.

Maybe I'm wrong. ATVIMikey on Twitter keeps telling people to report them, so who knows, maybe they'll take care of this eventually.

I was, signed out and back into PSN and it worked.

kuYuri

Someone I know couldn't play PS3 MW3, said error 32, etc. Then when he finally got back, he apparently lost a few levels. Went from 37 to 20 something. :/

It doesn't look "pretty good" when you see clan tags like:

[F(A)GS]

or

[NGGRS()]

It's fucking stupid and the fact people can still do it is shameful.

Mengetsu

The hacked clan tag thing is seriously distracting, looks like someone is throwing up skittles on my TV screen.

This. Also am I the only one when I start up Multiplayer it lags on the main menu for like 2 plus minutes before the intro plays and then when i skip it it runs fine again? Im on 360 btw. It's making me sad to no end and I tried to clear the stuff on the 360 and re download the patch like most said to but it's not working :(

Plus I have my game installed but when I start the game up the disk is still running :/

You're pretty dense.

the objective is to kill AND collect dog tags, and I did collect dogtags, Stop twisting facts to serve your argument. you can't debate with someone being disingenuous. If you got a response, p.m. me so we can stop shitting up the thread.

Thanks for the insult. However I'm not the one who still refuses to answer a simple question.

This. Also am I the only one when I start up Multiplayer it lags on the main menu for like 2 plus minutes before the intro plays and then when i skip it it runs fine again? Im on 360 btw. It's making me sad to no end and I tried to clear the stuff on the 360 and re download the patch like most said to but it's not working :(

Plus I have my game installed but when I start the game up the disk is still running :/

Nope. Happens almost every time for me. Sometimes I'll wait and sometimes I just shut it off, restart and hope.

kuYuri

The game disc still spinning goes away after a minute or so, it seems to be an issue with the new 360 disc format and not the game itself. Gears 3 and I believe Rage also do that for me.

Mengetsu

Nope. Happens almost every time for me. Sometimes I'll wait and sometimes I just shut it off, restart and hope.

The game disc still spinning goes away after a minute or so, it seems to be an issue with the new 360 disc format and not the game itself. Gears 3 and I believe Rage also do that for me.

Ahh I see. At least I know it's not just my 360. I hope a patch comes soon to fix this issue.

Well I've never really done one before, so should it be mostly hip fire with steady aim? I guess what's the most effective perk combo and striker or spas?

Top Bottom